Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Max bet allowed is €13. I was set to put a ton on it. though it was great value :(

That is a low max bet on that. I thought you'd be able to get at least £20 on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Max bet allowed is €13. I was set to put a ton on it. though it was great value :(

Was the exact same. Barely ever bet but I was contemplating throwing a €100 on it. €13 will have to do.

I personally couldn't be arsed putting 13 euro on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Must have to set at £10 max across the board. Hardly worth it for a season long bet.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Ah would have put a few quid on that, 13 euro on a season long bet is pointless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Feckin lodged €200 to my PP account, only to see the max bet of €13!!!

Withdrew the €187 sharpish though, or else I would have bet it on all kinds of nonsense!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

opr wrote: »
    Must have to set at £10 max across the board. Hardly worth it for a season long bet.

Opr

It's all just a ploy to get people to open accounts and reel them in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Sure he'll hit 15 goals by Christmas and we'll have a nice windfall for the shopping!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

amiable wrote: »
    I personally couldn't be arsed putting 13 euro on it

Like you have 13 euro. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Sure he'll hit 15 goals by Christmas and we'll have a nice windfall for the shopping!

€39... I bet your nearest and dearest will be delighted with the kind of presents you'd be getting. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Have 12.50 on it for luck:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bet done
    13 euro at 4.00 is a pretty easy 50 euro come late October! :D Oh yes its Luis year.

If Liverpool do pull off the Sahin deal I reckon Rodgers may have called in a favour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

You can get Suarez at 50/1 with PP for most assists next season (Win Only) or Boyles have him at 40's which can be backed each way at 1/4 the first four. Silva won it last year with 15. Obviously a long shot but a decent interest bet at big odds over the season and who knows with Gerrard, Borini and maybe Dempsey buzzing in and around him he could make a run at it.

Opr

Kess73 wrote: »
    Like you have 13 euro. :p

It's pay day boss. You owe me 15 euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭mormank

You seem to think Sahin is unreal? I would love to know what you are basing this on?

He is 85 in FIFA. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

mormank wrote: »

Jaysus, what season are you on now Mormank, 2074?

I think you've a problem buddy :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

mormank wrote: »

82 I thought. Great impact player to bring on when Alonso/Khedira get tired. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

beside each other in a Sahin search

Sean Cox ‏@Seanando9
    I'm telling people now to not get exited anout Sahin till its confirmed on the #LFC site... Arsenal still want him and might still get him

1m I Am The Arsenal I Am The Arsenal ‏@GoonerNelly86
    @DialSquare_1886 Why is everyone so excited? I haven't seen a single credible person say Sahin-AFC is back on. Mou still wants him at LFC.

amiable wrote: »
    It's pay day boss. You owe me 15 euro

15 euro? It is only the 16th of the month. No way have you tarred enough driveways and satisfied enough frustrated farmers to have earned 15 quid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I fecking hate the transfer window and all the madness that encompasses it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Until I see him holding the jersey...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Knex. wrote: »
    I fecking hate the transfer window and all the madness that encompasses it.

It was grand before the internet!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers insists both he and Daniel Agger see the defender's future at Anfield.

However, the future of Andy Carroll remains less favourable after the Northern Irishman admitted he would prefer to tinker with his preferred way of playing before using the England striker's obvious strengths in the air as a Plan B.

Agger has two years remaining on his contract but has been the subject of two serious enquiries from Premier League champions Manchester City.

Despite Rodgers admitting a week ago that "every player has his price and we will see where it goes" he insists Agger is one he intends to keep.

Stay

"For me there has been no big change. The first point is we don't want to sell him," said Rodgers.

"Secondly, I believe he will be a player who will thrive in this way of working and thirdly he doesn't want to leave - which is a great help as well.

"He is a top player and I want to keep him here. Over the last couple of months we have been able to sell the project and vision to a number of senior players.

"They are very happy to move forward with it and I would expect Daniel to be the same.

"He made that clear in the very first conversation we had that he wanted to be part of our revolution here in terms of moving forward and he hasn't wavered from that in any single way whatsoever.

"Other reported clubs have made bids for him, which is natural, because he is a top player. But for us nothing has changed: he doesn't want to go and we don't want to sell him."

The situation is different for Carroll, who has attracted interest from former club Newcastle and Premier League rivals West Ham.

It is clear he will not be first choice as he does not fit into Rodgers' passing and pressing gameplan which he developed so well at former club Swansea and has now introduced at Anfield.

And while he still believes the England international can be effective for them he suggested it would be a while before he changed his principles and went for the alternative option.

"He knows where he stands. He is an important part of our group and that is how I see it at the moment," added the 39-year-old.

"If you are a team that puts crosses in and are firing them in from all angles he is a great player in the box.

Difficult

"Naturally his height and his power gives him that strength but if you play a different style it is that much more difficult.

"Most managers have a way of playing and a Plan A in terms of the way they want to play.

"I will always try to make Plan A better before I go to Plan B. If trying to make Plan A better doesn't work then we go to Plan B and then probably Plan C."

Plan C = Doni.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Plan C = Doni.

Plan D?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Plan D?

Plan Doni

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Prefer this Sahin deal to be sorted pretty soon. It would be a sickner for Arsenal to snatch him from us. I know most ITK are saying he is definitely coming to LFC.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Who is this guy we've just signed?

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/reds-agree-deal-for-winger
    Liverpool Football Club have reached an agreement with SC Heerenveen for the transfer of winger Oussama Assaidi, subject to the player passing a medical.

The 24-year-old, who has scored 20 goals in 68 appearances for Heerenveen in the Dutch Eredivisie, will now undergo a medical at Melwood.

Assaidi has represented his native Morocco 22 times since making his international debut in February 2011.

One of the highlights of his young career came in a 6-2 win over FC Twente in 2010 when he scored a hat-trick and assisted the other three goals.

Edit: Obligatory youtube vid. Looks like a tricky winger, right footed, but has a left one he can use too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

5starpool wrote: »

That came out of absolutely nowhere.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,281 ✭✭✭slingerz

Wos the assaidi fella

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

He is the new El Zhar..

Now that's how to bring in a player under the radar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

WTf theres under the radar and thrn theres that, who is this guy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Dickerty wrote: »
    If Sahin was convinced before, what would change for him now? The fact that they just sold their best player? It seems that Real were already pushing towards us, so unless Arsenal have come in with a big cash deal...

I read we were willing to pay his £80k+ wages in full when others weren't, and that we were the only club not to insist on an option to buy in the deal. It's possible Arsenal have now met these terms.

My optimism is now cautious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Kess73 wrote: »
    Now that's how to bring in a player under the radar

They tease you with one thing and then pull out another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Didn't he almost sign for Fulham at some point?

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭skydish79

Guess thats 1 of the 2 signings to be made

PSV and PSG were meant to be in the running for him.

Guess that is more cover got for the wide forward/wing position

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

Cautiously optimistic? I'm now pessimistic with light-hearted abandon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Oussama?

I like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

@LFC (not really)
    And you thought we were signing Sahin! Can you bitches say 'smokescreen"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Goes to show how little those self proclaimed 'in the knows' actually know. Didn't see a single suggestion of this signing anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Wtf? Not like he's young or anything so he'll be signed for the first team squad...

Back up forward position? Anyone know anything about him at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Spurs' head must be melted that they didn't hear about this lad before he signed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

New signing outta ****ing nowhere haha love that! No idea who he is...

Rob Beal ‏@parisiananglais
    I am led to understand, a possible 'swap Sakho +9m' is on about to be offered for Daniel Agger. #lfc #psg

Dan Roan, Oliver Kay, Jamie Dalton, Ian Dovaston, James Horncastle and Rory Smith all follow this guy on twitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Oooooooo K

Where did that come from ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Well that came out of nowhere, never heard of him, and it seems nobody on Twitter has either! haha

WTf theres under the radar and thrn theres that, who is this guy?

He is one of those players who is not stand out in a OMG kind of way, but that you look at and think might become good at a higher level.

Having said that he is on the back of a couple of good seasons in Holland.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement