Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Richard Buxton ‏@Richard_Buxton_
    Oussama Assaidi capture shows why #LFC are still clinging to its past

It would be fair to say that Liverpool have just gazumped every journalist and self-proclaimed In The Know (ITK) merchant with the capture of Oussama Assaidi.

Literally no one outside the club saw this coming and the announcement by the Reds on their official website this evening indicates that their connections to Anfield's past extend beyond Brendan Rodgers restoring red goal nets and the old 'This Is Anfield' sign.

Supporters of a particular vintage never tire of recalling the days when the first thing anyone heard of a new signing was when it was announced by the club and then splashed across the back page of the local paper.

Nostalgia has often been a critical trait of Liverpool in recent times but in an era when potential signings can barely break wind in their new club's direction without it becoming headline news, this throwback made a refreshing change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

This thread really is the embodiment of bi-polar sometimes. Just relax and give the chap a chance.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I checked his official twitter a while back and he had 5000 odd followers, now it's up to over 7000 already :)

https://twitter.com/AssaidiOussama

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

Im i the only person never to have heard of this guy
    but welcome to Liverpool Y.N.W.A
    Now get sahin in and i will be a very happy bunny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Wow that's some efficient business! Heerenveen scored a fair few goals last year, wasn't Dost in their side? Interesting signing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Yeah, Dost was their main man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

No one knew because it look likes its been only ongoing 24 hrs. He was due to go to Ajax until yesterday but wage demands have scuppered that move, at which point we've swooped.

The fact that no one knew tells more about the status of the player than it does about a restoration of the good ol days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

5starpool wrote: »
    Whether it's still on or not it was obviously not done. They wouldn't be holding onto it if it was done, they'd announce it as soon as possible.

I just thought if as some are saying that only the i's and t's need to be dotted and crossed in the Sahin deal they would have held onto this one to announce them together but maybe they wanted the publicity of having done a deal so quietly.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Mr Alan wrote: »
    The fact that no one knew tells more about the status of the player than it does about a restoration of the good ol days.

InB4BuzzKillington_u18chan.jpg

And there it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Liverpool have completed a £3million deal for Heerenveen winger Oussama Assaidi, subject to the Moroccan international passing a medical.

The 24-year-old is in the final year of his contract and will move to Anfield after turning down an offer to stay in Holland from Ajax. He was also wanted by Spartak Moscow and Galatasaray.

Fulham had expressed an interest in the pacy Assaidi, who can operate on the flanks or through the middle, earlier this summer but he is expected to be unveiled by Liverpool within in the next 24 hours.

article-0-14928DC9000005DC-813_468x389.jpg On the move: Assaidi will join Liverpool

Assaidi will triple the £7,000 per week wages he was being paid by Heerenveen and will sign a four-year contract on Merseyside, plugging the gaps in the squad that have been left by the departures of Dirk Kuyt and Maxi Rodriguez.

Once the formalities of Assaidi’s deal are completed, Liverpool – who have not received any bids for Scotland midfielder Charlie Adam – will hope to finalise a move for Real Madrid’s Nuri Sahin on a season long-loan.

Liverpool have conducted lengthy discussions with Real Madrid over releasing Sahin, who had indicated he had wanted to play in the Champions League, and hope they have convinced him to move to the Barclays Premier League.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2189418/Oussama-Assaidi-join-Liverpool-3m-Heerenven.html#ixzz23ja4Kj4u

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

Dickerty wrote: »
    This may have been the backup for Tello, everyone thought that was Johnson or Walcott. Talk about value for money...

Was thinking the same, are we expecting that this one means no Tello?
    Hopefully will turn out a shrewder move, quite a few expressing doubts about Tello so that may have been a big gamble.
    Hope the Sahin deal gets confirmed soon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Looks like a good land... love guys coming out of that league, and his track record is good. All round its set up to be a nice piece of business...

now to perfect spelling his bloody name.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭jurahnimoh

Was disappointed when i clicked the link of Facebook to see it wasn't walcott (the pic looked like him) but hopefully this will turn out to be a good signing for us, i have never heard of this chap but im looking forward to seeing what he can do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

opr wrote: »
    Worried as Sahin surely would also be announced now if it was done.

Opr

I said it earlier that the vibe has definitely changed and people are distancing themselves from some yesterdays comments .

My gut feeling is that Spurs have entered the fray .

MD1990 wrote: »
    Assaidi will triple the £7,000 per week wages he was being paid by Heerenveen

£3m fee and £21k a week? Sounds good. Low risk punt that might turn out quite well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Would agree he is probably the alternative to Tello. I thought the name rang a bell but it probably was when Fulham were interested.

What's your source on the 24 last hours thing Al?

Anyway, shows up the itk's for what they are. Maybe there was something to the Anfield mole operation after all! :D

I'd say the Sahin stuff is coming from Madrid or Arsenal sources and little from Liverpool.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

I was joking when I suggested Sahin was a smokescreen.

That said I'm a bit worried about him coming in given what we're hearing. Arsenal may have met Real's terms (option to buy, % of wages) and if that's all there is to them favouring him moving to Anfield then I'm afraid we'll be beaten to him.

The Assaidi deal means we're not likely to buy Dempsey (Fulham were after Assaidi to replace Dempsey), or the Tello deal is off. Or it might even mean Downing could be on his way. Interesting weekend ahead methinks.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes 15 Aug
    @LFCZA Thanks for the publicity! When I said they'll know quickly on Sahin, they do now know. Loan deal to be announced late tonight or tmrw

So are we waiting until midnight to declare this gem from last night officially well wide of the mark?!

Getting a little bit worried now with all this Arsenal & Spuds talk!

Seamu$ wrote: »
    So are we waiting until midnight to declare this gem from last night officially well wide of the mark?!

Getting a little bit worried now with all this Arsenal & Spuds talk!

Sahin already said he wont go to the spuds Arsenal are a different matter
    but i still think that he will sigh for us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Strong squad is strong!!

Are we on the box on Saturday? Cant wait!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

The Times would usually be very reliable but things can always turn. I think means we aren't getting Tello tbh, makes more sense than saying no Sahin.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Strong squad is strong!!

Its on fox soccer channel live here in the states

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭frankled

Strong squad is strong!!

Setanta Sports 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Strong squad is strong!!

Either ESPN or Setanta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

gaelicred wrote: »
    Its on fox soccer channel live here in the states

Hmm i dont think i can get that station in Ballyfermot :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

A 24 year old on just over £20,000 a week and a £3m fee. 10 goals and 8 assists in 27 starts last season.

Looks a very, very good deal that.

What's the Spainish reporter Alexel Torres like? He has been on the blower to talksport in the last few minutes saying Sahin is going to Liverpool.

Opr

Hmm i dont think i can get that station in Ballyfermot :pac:
    pm me and i can give you some links

What's the Spainish reporter Alexel Torres like? He has been on the blower to talksport in the last few minutes saying Sahin is going to Liverpool.

Opr

He is normally reliable from what ive heard

• Advertisement

Very promising scoring record in the Eredivise last two seasons. Afaik they played in a 433 generally too.. Anyhow its a no gamble signing at the reported fee/wage. Looking forward to seeing this lad play more than Sahin:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,282 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Just delighted we have left Twitter/jounos/ITK's etc in the dark with regard to a signing - the way it should be when at all possible.

He looks like he will strengthen the squad nicely, another step forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Eric Gerets told Adel Taarabt when left him out for Morocco: "Watch (Assaidi) & you'll figure why you're not in the team

amiable wrote: »
    Eric Gerets told Adel Taarabt when left him out for Morocco: "Watch (Assaidi) & you'll figure why you're not in the team
    Just seen this in my timeline too. Least were not getting a show pony then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

amiable wrote: »

He reminds me of a young raw Ronaldo, but he also has a waft of McGeady aswell :o

The one solitary ITK ;) Posted about six hours ago.
    6h Peter Phillips Peter Phillips ‏@PeterPhillips_
    Player expected to arrive at melwood but do not know his name as its a player yet to be mentioned by the press???? Any ideas????
    Peter Phillips ‏@PeterPhillips_
    Callejon? maybe I am trying to get the info but this is the rumour , people staying tightlipped at lfc at the minute

Opr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Jesus that was great I have to say! Just get sahin sorted. Hopefully 5live tonight might give us something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

It will be extremely tough for him to surpass Downing's achievements from last season.

Lord God we were shocking in the transfer market last year.

Well done Brendan Rodgers. Very impressive so far IMO.

gafferino wrote: »
    Jesus that was great I have to say! Just get sahin sorted. Hopefully 5live tonight might give us something.
    Can ya get 5live online in Ireland?

Reminder - 5Live Liverpool special at 9.30pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01lt359

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

What the **** , who is this fella? Did Rodgers have him on loan at Swansea?

Fowler87 yes you can just click http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_radio_five_live

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Nicely done piece of business that Assaidi deal is. Love the fact that their was no ****ing around with it in regards to the press and in the knows aka the Sahin deal. That stuff just messes with the heart.

mike65 wrote: »
    What the **** , who is this fella? Did Rodgers have him on loan at Swansea?

Fowler87 yes you can just click http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_radio_five_live
    Cheers got it. Prem Lge preview on now

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭skydish79

postd already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

So then this either means no Tello or no Dempsey one would presume. Which might help tie in with Adam to Everton (as Charlie would have been make-weight heading for Fulham otherwise).

Interesting from The Insider
    Manager Martin Jol tried to sign Assaidi earlier in the summer and was interested when his move to Ajax broke down this week. However, another English club has jumped ahead of him in the queue and Assaidi will not be going to Craven Cottage

http://cc.fulhamfc.com/forum/topics/oussama-medical-at-liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

daithijjj wrote: »
    I did just now, knock yerself out. If theres another one will just cancel and merge but not seen one.

211229-304096

112 in this now, i was expecting 30, amazeballs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

mike65 wrote: »
    So then this either means no Tello or no Dempsey one would presume. Which might help tie in with Adam to Everton (as Charlie would have been make-weight heading for Fulham otherwise).

Interesting from The Insider

Only my opinion but I don't think there was much in the Charlie Adam to Everton story.
    I think people just used Moyes' brother association and decided to make a story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

daithijjj wrote: »
    112 in this now, i was expecting 30, amazeballs.

Just made it 113, cheers :)

Oh no Duncan Jenkins doing some back tracking about Sahin :o

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Oh no Duncan Jenkins doing some back tracking about Sahin :o

Opr

Just saw that, wonder if he'll delete his twitter account as promised if it doesn't happen?

In fairness, these things can happen. Liverpool could have been 100% certain of getting him yesterday but shít happens and things change in football all the time.

I feel a little queasy.

Opr

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement