Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Ape X wrote: »
    So pretty much covering his arse for both eventualities.

Or admitting what he knows, that both Liverpool and Arsenal are trying to get him and he's not able to predict the future.

Liverpool are confident of signing him. Let's see what happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Welcome aboard osh.... Wait a minute, are you related to ush? Let me check - what's your view on the Carling Cup win??
    Knex. wrote: »
    Lol, first thing I was gonna say when I saw his post :D

Maybe he's the optimistic twin or something!

Hah, that did cross my mind alright. Unfortunate that our names our alike but what can you do.....*runs to subscribe page*

And yeah Carling Cup = joke competition, should concentrate on league rabble rabble :mad:

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

If Mourihno doesnt want him to go to arsenal because he doesnt want to strengthen them then id seriously doubt he'd send him to United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Its all coming undone ...bóllox !
    duncan jenkins ‏@duncanjenkinsFC AFC they have come in for him again mates they were in pool position 2-3 days ago but lfc were 100% percent certain last night #fact

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

At least now it means we can ignore Duncan Jenkins if it goes tits up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

The Gospel according to Twitter is living up to my expectations. All a load of shite!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

5starpool wrote: »
    I checked his official twitter a while back and he had 5000 odd followers, now it's up to over 7000 already :)

https://twitter.com/AssaidiOussama

Well over 11k now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Knex. wrote: »
    The Gospel according to Twitter is living up to my expectations. All a load of shite!

Twitter is also the reason you now don't think it's happening; you're making the same mistake again.

The respectable journalists said the club were confident. Now they're saying Arsenal may still be candidates to get him. He was on international duty this week and it's only Thursday.

All this needs is patience and level-headedness til its confirmed one way or another. Harder than it sounds, yes, but you do have actual football to distract you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Leiva wrote: »
    Its all coming undone ...bóllox !

That's hardly confirmation though....on the positive side he might quit twitter if it doesn't happen, his few hours of being funny finished a few months back.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

twitter giveth and taketh away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

opr wrote: »
    Not wanting to be overly dramatic but losing out on Sahin could make or break this season for us in terms of pushing for top 4. I wouldn't mind so much losing out to Arsenal in normal circumstances as deals fall through all the time but for the fact this particular one was a loan deal for a really top class player. It's not like we have the £15m+ we were shelling out on him to go buy another target. Pray for Nuri.

Opr

The player wants Arsenal.
    We are 2nd choice to him.
    Madrid want him to join LFC.
    The player is delaying hoping Arsenal move to the wages we are offering.

Thats basically it.

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Twitter is also the reason you now don't think it's happening; you're making the same mistake again.

The respectable journalists said the club were confident. Now they're saying Arsenal may still be candidates to get him. He was on international duty this week and it's only Thursday.

All this needs is patience and level-headedness til its confirmed one way or another. Harder than it sounds, yes, but you do have actual football to distract you!

I agree with what you say, however I don't think anything about it at the moment.

I am genuinely in a state of what can only be described as "meh". I have no opinion regarding the potential signing of Sahin, apart from the fact that I would like to see him at Liverpool.

Also, thanks be to Jesus for the PL back Saturday :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Exactly, and even if Arsenal or Spurs are poking their noses in again, doesn't mean we're out of the running.

We may be tying up loose ends on the contract, and nothing to stop other clubs from making enquiries while this go's on, but I would be confident we are still favorites given the strong talk over past few days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

daithijjj wrote: »

Thats basically it.

Depressing but spot on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its on! (the bbc Liverpool feature)

Ben Smith is on so expect no updates on Sahin (that, or a world exclusive on air!)

Thats basically it.

You could be right .

The RVP stuff happened very quickly in the end. all around the same time and just after the Nuri to LFC broke .

I reckon Arsene moved quickly so he could try and get to make his move before it was too late. I wouldn't be surprised to see him sign for Arsenal, never mind a loan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Ben Smith at the interview

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Thats basically it.

It's a loan deal so he'll still get all his wages whether it's Liverpool Arsenal or Real Madrid paying them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Aissaidi is a good buy. Cheap as well so hopefully not a great deal of pressure placed on him.

Really hope we can confirm the Sahin deal soon as well. Might cry if we don't get him :o

Just joined the FF league there too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

Thats basically it.

Where are you getting this from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Am in the fantasy league. No prizes for guessing which team is mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

amiable wrote: »
    It's a loan deal so he'll still get all his wages whether it's Liverpool Arsenal or Real Madrid paying them

Yes, but Madrid won't let him go to Arsenal if we offer them a better deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Amazing how people panic in here.

Why would people be expecting a transfer to go through at this hour?

The fact that it doesn't, does not mean it's not going to happen.

Also, if everyone here agrees that Twitter is a load of crap and not to be trusted then why are people panicking to random tweets about LFC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Wish this Sahin character would just quit fannying about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

G.K. wrote: »
    Am in the fantasy league. No prizes for guessing which team is mine.
    Cummo's Cowboys?

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »
    if everyone here agrees that Twitter is a load of crap and not to be trusted then why are people panicking to random tweets about LFC?
    Everyone doesn't agree to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,069 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

New chap looks to be properly 2 footed. Love that in an attacker - makes a huge difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

Sums up everything about people who claim to know what they are talking about

217340.jpg"]A0cASt0CMAAdfW-.jpg[/URL]

@MrJimmyCorkhill: "Say oops Assaidi head... Say oops Assaidi head" #Shout #LFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Everyone doesn't agree to that.

Ok not everyone but there are very few reliable tweets on it and not one of them predicted today's transfer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I have to say the signing of Oussama Assaida is a bit of a strange one because nobody knew it was happening and we don't know much about him . Some might say we should be looking for better players than what Swansea and the Fulhams of the EPL would go for but if he fits the system and the system works you dont need to be a world class player or cost a fortune.

At that a type of money seems a no brainer to me. We need cover for the EC games and cup games if needs be.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

This Werner chap likes to dodge questions. Gave a load of waffle just there to a good question about the amount spent since they took ever (in response to him suggesting previous regimes wasted money).

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    New chap looks to be properly 2 footed. Love that in an attacker - makes a huge difference.

Last one genuinely being Garcia I would say?

Alonso is fairly confident with both feet as well but not quite an attacker is he.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

God old Louis Suarez.

amiable wrote: »

Yea, but Madrid favour us due to the higher % of his wage we will pay supposedly, so if Arsenal increase their offer on his wages and he prefers them then he will go there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

This Werner chap likes to dodge questions. Gave a load of waffle just there to a good question about the amount spent since they took ever (in response to him suggesting previous regimes wasted money).

A waste of an interview. Nothing new there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

"I don`t really want to go into that too much" seems to be his default answer,doesn`t it?

murpho999 wrote: »
    Ok not everyone but there are very few reliable tweets on it and not one of them predicted today's transfer.
    Today's transfer, with all due respect to the lad, was incredibly low profile. Everyone had their eyes elsewhere so it was easy enough to sneak in, in relative terms.

Arsenal supposedly have Lucas Biglia lined up to replace Alex Song

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

No timetable on stadium, no surprise there I guess. Keep the finances balanced.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

A waste of an interview. Nothing new there.
    "I don`t really want to go into that too much" seems to be his default answer,doesn`t it?

Yeah, I mean WTF is the point of giving the interview, very vague in regards to the stadium just there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Based on his stats and the highlights we've seen - how the hell did we get this guy for £3M and 20K a week?? And how did Ajax not pony up the cash to get him? Smashing stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

Net spending over the last 5 seasons

217342.jpg"]v8n3oi.jpg[/URL]

Dickerty wrote: »
    Based on his stats and the highlights we've seen - how the hell did we get this guy for £3M and 20K a week?? And how did Ajax not pony up the cash to get him? Smashing stuff...
    Not sure about Ajax's wage structure, but I think he was in the last year of his contract. Might partially explain the low fee being touted.

I've mentioned that this bloke is followed by Ben Smith and Arsenal's head of communications along with some other good journos.
    I don't think he's an actual agent but he does seem to be followed by reliable people.

Football Agent ‏@FootballAgent49
    As I said yesterday, sahin loan to liverpool is a done deal. Official announcement should happen very soon

CL7 wrote: »
    Where are you getting this from?

Its just my opinion from what i have read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,504 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Could be bargain of the century
    Looks a tricky sort!

Yea, but Madrid favour us due to the higher % of his wage we will pay supposedly, so if Arsenal increase their offer on his wages and he prefers them then he will go there.

Perhaps. I wonder will Jose want to let him go to the Voyeur though?

Joe Cole ! Seriously ?

Earlier today the Lfc.com site done an article on his great battle for fitness and now a BBC item on the club give him air time ??!

Just get rid of the fella FFS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,691 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Yes, its the LFC Superthread Boards league. Just a bit o craic.
    how/ where do you enter? .
    like osh/ush who posted earlier, with the new season coming ive been skulking and getting news on lfc here :eek: . enjoyable banter on here so might as well find a past-time for the winter with FF;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement