Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Liverpool are interested in Adam Johnson on loan according to The Times

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

If song goes to Barca Maureen wont want to strenghen Arsenal with Sahin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,504 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

There is taking the piss
    And there is taking the piss!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

this 5Live show on Liverpool is a load of rubbish

Tom Werner talks a load of rubbish. Loves to sound like he is all business, he would make a good politician.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Wow that new signing was really out of the blue,know absolutely f*** all about him except the obligatory youtube vid but looking forward to seeing him in the PL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Leiva wrote: »
    Joe Cole ! Seriously ?

Earlier today the Lfc.com site done an article on his great battle for fitness and now a BBC item on the club give him air time ??!

Just get rid of the fella FFS.

That might be an idea...advertising him as being fit :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Yeah, I mean WTF is the point of giving the interview

Because he was asked????? He would be such a tit to give an answer which hung him out to dry when the stadium wasn't in place "by the promise he made in the interview he gave on August 16th" :rolleyes: You don't get to be the multi millionaire owner of multiple businesses by being stupid ;)

My biggest concern is that the next segment has a piece from Joe Cole saying he reckons his LFC career is going to take off under Buck :eek:

Ben

That might be an idea...advertising him as being fit :)

using this show as an ad to flog him may just be the only good thing about tonights show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

BenThere wrote: »
    My biggest concern is that the next segment has a piece from Joe Cole saying he reckons his LFC career is going to take off under Buck :eek:
    My dream of putting him in a rocket and firing him into the sun may be about to come true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Ben

Cole is either very stupid or very clever.

• Advertisement

Because he was asked????? He would be such a tit to give an answer which hung him out to dry when the stadium wasn't in place "by the promise he made in the interview he gave on August 16th" :rolleyes: You don't get to be the multi millionaire owner of multiple businesses by being stupid ;)

Ben

you become a multi millionaire by getting other stupid folk to watch your god awful TV show creations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

This radio show is a load of wank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

cjmc wrote: »
    how/ where do you enter? .
    like osh/ush who posted earlier, with the new season coming ive been skulking and getting news on lfc here :eek: . enjoyable banter on here so might as well find a past-time for the winter with FF;)

Go to Fantasy Football, click on leagues, click join league, choose private league, enter this code.

211229-304096

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Pretty p1ss poor tbh. Tom Werner sounds like a spoofer (all smoke and mirrors & typical yank) . He has not given one clear answer on any questions. What is this fcuking stadium update :( (- "Be it a new stadium,or increase in seats,i want our supporters to know that we are working hard about it(stadium)")

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

amiable wrote: »
    Liverpool are interested in Adam Johnson on loan according to The Times

Hopefully not in any way connected to Agger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

They spoke to Rafa :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Tom Werner wrote: »
    Football is not a matter of life and death, its more important than that

That sounded a bit corny when he said it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Usually these type of things are preceded by "don't ask me about x any y". I just find it utterly redundant to give an interview as pointless as this. The fans get nothing out of it and he comes out of it no better or perhaps worse.

I have a pain in my hole with these ...

" how great is the club/history/fans/ legacy " fùcking questions .

What do they expect Rodgers to say ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

This radio show is a load of wank.

Brilliantly put!

I'm not sure why they are playing so much of the Werner interview, when he was giving so little away. I expect no more on the stadium, they can't tell what they don't know...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Leiva wrote: »
    I have a pain in my hole with these ...

" how great is the club/history/fans/ legacy " fùcking questions .

What do they expect Rodgers to say ?

Rigger nailed it regarding the Suarez interview:

- How happy are you to have signed a new contact with the club?
    - How amazing are the fans?
    - How amazing is Liverpool Football Club?
    - How amazing is it to play for Liverpool?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Oscorp

Isn't it just fantastic when a deal comes out of the blue like this Assaidi business? If we sign Sahin, I'll just feel relief because of the drawn out twitter nonsense. Assaidi was just total surprise and excitement to see himplay.

Just joined FF look out for Systemofadowing:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Gary Gillespe speaks pretty good :cool:
    Ben Smith not that bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Joke Hole is on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Every time I hear a Rodgers interview I get more and more excited by the new season. There's just something about him. His whole style seems too good to be true. Handles the media well, seems like a really likeable guy and his footballing philosophy is extremely positive. He's done some decent business in the transfer market too so far, and Sahin would make it even better. I'm sure he'd get rid of the players we all want to get rid of if he had the chance, but as good as it all seems....he's not a magician and as such Joe Cole and Charlie Adam haven't ****ed off yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭skydish79

Joe Cole flourished in France!!!

Thats according to Ian Payne 5 live presenter

Anyone else smell that ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

skydish79 wrote: »
    Joe Cole flourished in France!!!

:confused:

I'd say Joe Cole was in France, but I'd be reluctant to go much further.

• Advertisement

Just heard Joey Barton has joined Marseille:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

gaelicred wrote: »
    Just heard Joey Barton has joined Marseille:D

It's a rumour, he doesn't seem to know about it! He's tweeting saying he didn't even know they were giving his shirt number to Ryan Nelson....

Graham Hunter - one of the most reliable sources for Spanish football - has, tonight, said that Nuri Sahin will sign for #LFC

I do think JC will be staying as a squad player but Charlie Adam is a goner.

Can see Shelvey being loaned out as he won't get enough games which is a bit of a pity but could work out well if he goes to the right club.

Ben

Graham Hunter - one of the most reliable sources for Spanish football - has, tonight, said that Nuri Sahin will sign for #LFC

Link please???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Hopefully but most reliable source for Spanish football is surely Sid Lowe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well that was your archetypal club feature in modern media, nothing of any interest said, nothing to cause a headline. Still Liverpool have been the the headlines for the wrong reasons so many times in the last 3-4 years that maybe a good thing. Boring and successful is preferable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

mike65 wrote: »
    Well that was your archetypal club feature in modern media, nothing of any interest said, nothing to cause a headline. Still Liverpool have been the the headlines for the wrong reasons so many times in the last 3-4 years that maybe a good thing. Boring and successful is preferable.
    Yeah was ok heard alot of it already.. no 'exclusive' news or anything. Why Joe Cole was given the final segment is beyond me.. just go Cole

Graham Hunter told me personally that Enrique will sign for Liverpool about 6 weeks before he did. He told me a deal was in place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

He didn't you know. He was interviewed on Newstalk and alluded several times to him being a quality addition to Liverpool's squad, his last quote before he became typically insufferable and had to be cut off was, "I think he'll go to Liverpool." I think he's about as reliable as Guillem Ballague.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

You'll only be driven demented by Twitter at this stage.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

i think people are like this because word went around yesterday that the deal would be done by today.
    I still believe he will be a Liverpool player soon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭budgemook

amiable wrote: »

Graham Hunter told me personally that Enrique will sign for Liverpool about 6 weeks before he did. He told me a deal was in place.
    Didn't Phil Thompson say it a good while before that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Graham Hunter is an absolute spoofer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Just joined FF look out for Systemofadowing:D

Class, I think I have a new favourite name.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

A terrific start at #LFC for Oussama Assaidi, who has already matched wing rival Stewart Downing's 2011/12 PL goals and assists.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Vanolder wrote: »
    Graham Hunter is an absolute spoofer.

Is he? :confused:

Always appears to talk sense when I listen to him. Seems very knowledgeable to me....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Reganovski wrote: »
    Is he? :confused:

Always appears to talk sense when I listen to him. Seems very knowledgeable to me....

if you can ignore his huge Barca bias

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,691 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

daithijjj wrote: »
    Go to Fantasy Football, click on leagues, click join league, choose private league, enter this code.

211229-304096

it says invalid code:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Try typing it in; copying and pasting didn't work for a lot of people, I think.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement