Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

Bit of a pup back in his youth was your new winger apparently.

Why am I posting like Yoda?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭budgemook

Bit of a pup back in his youth was your new winger apparently.

Why am I posting like Yoda?
    Oh yeah? Link please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Grayditch wrote: »
    Try typing it in; copying and pasting didn't work for a lot of people, I think.

I copied and pasted it and it was grand. I think you need to be careful there`s no gap before or after the numbers tho...

To bed I think. Lets hope for some sahin-shine tomorrow.

sorry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Well, I've watched a video of Assaidi on Youtube from which obviously I have a perfect impression of what he is like.

For ye newbz out there, he's rather quick and skillfull on the ball, I'm quite looking forward to seeing him tbh. Not expecting wonders or anything, but for 3m it could well turn out to be pretty good business by the club.

I wonder will he be regarded as a starter by Christmas even.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

To bed I think. Lets hope for some sahin-shine tomorrow.

I hope so, I sahin all day today hoping for news but it didn't happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Barnesy on a program about racism in football on bbc1 now.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

murpho999 wrote: »
    I hope so, I sahin all day today hoping for news but it didn't happen.

I was wondering on the proper pronunciation earlier today, and the culchie use of 'sat in' was one of my possibles. wp :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I see the tweet-o-meter has now swung back to Sahin deal with LFC being imminent.

Would do your head in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

No idea how reliable this guy is but........

fourth official ‏@FourthOfficial
    TOP NEWS Nuri Sahin to LFC is a done deal the player agreed personal terms with LFC today & supposed to undergo A medical tomorow #LFC #RMFC

murpho999 wrote: »
    I see the tweet-o-meter has now swung back to Sahin deal with LFC being imminent.

Would do your head in.

I think it was mine and your fantastic puns that swung it for us.:D

The deal,that is...not the tweet-o-meter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I promise not to look at this thread again until I see, read or hear Nuri Sahin has signed for this or another club.

Good night and good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

mike65 wrote: »
    I promise not to look at this thread again until I see, read or hear Nuri Sahin has signed for this or another club.

Good night and good luck

I haven't gone an average of three hours a day in my awake time not looking at this thread!

Hope Sahin in unveiled tomorrow and this transfer window will be near over and we can watch some fcuking football....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭dubdamo

Yes off to bed myself, hope the Sahin deal is done and dusted by the time I get up. Great to see that we are spreading the net a bit wider , no more "premiership proven" transfers. Good to see a bit of optimism around here now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭budgemook

Can we just ban tweets unless they are from pre agreed reliable sources? This thread is getting like reading twitter.

I remember when Suarez signed an Ajax supporter posted here with a good run down of his style of play and what to expect. Anyone remember who it was? Maybe they could fill us in on our new signing as he's coming from Dutch league and was linked with Ajax over past year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

TOP NEWS Nuri Sahin to LFC is a done deal the player agreed personal terms with LFC today & supposed to undergo A medical tomorow #LFC #RMFC
    Given he has only 500 odd followers, I'd say they're not reliable at all. Probably trying to steal thunder from @FourthOfficial_ who has over 60K followers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I'm signing off until Sunday evening/Monday morning. Please let there be a win in the bag and Sahin in the squad!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Luap

Nice to see a player from my adopted team go to Liverpool. Nice little player for a good price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

delw wrote: »

“A club like Liverpool have to be challenging for the top four. I don’t think the club or the fans can expect anything less.”

I don't think he is , I think he is just telling the truth about Liverpool . We need and want to be in the Champions League .

• Advertisement

Seen this and thought "the lads in the Pool thread will love this".

NSFW

sJFAf.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Laughed at this one
    Kenny and I were sure, with the group we had, that Liverpool would be in the top four this season.

I don't want to be getting on Clarke's back, but how did he and Kenny think 4th would be realistic with that group this seaon? Where's the logic in that judging by how we did in the league last season. If they honestly believed that they were kidding themselves big time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I don't want to be getting on Clarke's back, but how did he and Kenny think 4th would be realistic with that group this seaon? Where's the logic in that judging by how we did in the league last season. If they honestly believed that they were kidding themselves big time.

Maybe they had players in mind that would strengthen the group or maybe the fact we dominated games and weren't clinical enough .

Maybe they had players in mind that would strengthen the group or maybe the fact we dominated games and weren't clinical enough .

By the sounds of the interview he seems to be talking about the squad they had already assembled. You also have to factor in the competition for the 3rd or 4th spot, he thinks we were of that standard if not better? Sounds slightly delusional to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

So it's 6am, has Sahin signed yet or what? :-)

B e n

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,068 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

My favorite quote in there was:
    "I accept that the ultimate benchmark is the Premier League and we did come a little bit short."

No shit sherlock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Lol .

That's someone trying to be an ITK by ripping off the name of a guy who claims to be an ITK.

Twitter is gonna eat itself .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Still nothing on Sahin, the longer it goes on the more nervous i become.

Was happy with last nights deal tho. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Ollie Kay proper backtracking now. ****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

@OliverKayTimes: Yes @frankly_lfc and many others, I'm backtracking re Sahin/LFC. *Could* still happen but Arsenal move yesterday changed the dynamics. Apols

:(

Yep so is Tony Barrett.

It's dead and buried now as far as I'm concerned . If it was going to happen then there would have been no sitting back down with Arsenal etc.
    @OliverKayTimes: Yes @frankly_lfc and many others, I'm backtracking re Sahin/LFC. *Could* still happen but Arsenal move yesterday changed the dynamics. Apols

It's gonna hurt especially with the situation we find ourselves in and how promising it would have been to add Sahin to the midfield .

Ahh well you win some you looses some . Charlie Adam it is so .

:(

I love when these "supposed" ITK backtrack... idiots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,068 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Oh christ I hope we don't miss out! What a soul destroyed that would be! I never dared dream it could actually happen till all the hype over the past few days.

Fuck you Media!

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Oh christ I hope we don't miss out! What a soul destroyed that would be! I never dared dream it could actually happen till all the hype over the past few days.

Fuck you Media!

Tell me about it.
    This will hurt.
    :o:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

So we don't know about Sahin yet (maybe Arsenal made a cash bid), but still looks like Adam/Dempsey is likely to happen. So that's Borini, Allen, Assaidi and Dempsey for Maxi, Dirk, Bellers, Aurelio and Adam. Probably guts of £5M a year saved in wages there, for an outlay of about £32M, and no reduction in ability or value to the side, considerably younger too...

Leiva wrote: »
    Tell me about it.
    This will hurt.
    :o:mad:

I'm just going to reverse my mind a week. We never knew we were in for him before, so just gonna forget about it. Sure there is no place for him in the team anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

Balls. If we are both offering same terms and Mourinho doesn't force the move to Liverpool there is only going to be one winner here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

**** it. That's what happens when I get optimistic about a target :(

• Advertisement

Its not a done deal yet, we will probably still sign him i'd say

Looking at more videos of Assaidi, and a few observations. He's quick, very tricky, good first touch and very good close control. He's right footed but usually coming in from the left (at least that's where Hereenveen were playing him). Some very tidy finishes in there, a la Sterling against Bayer, picking his spots. I am sure he can be very frustrating, that type of player often is, but if we can school him to get straight up and chase the ball after he loses it, he could be a real winner...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Vicxas wrote: »
    Its not a done deal yet, we will probably still sign him i'd say

Yes, Mourinho generally gets his way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Dickerty wrote: »
    Looking at more videos of Assaidi, and a few observations. He's quick, very tricky, good first touch and very good close control. He's right footed but usually coming in from the left (at least that's where Hereenveen were playing him). Some very tidy finishes in there, a la Sterling against Bayer, picking his spots. I am sure he can be very frustrating, that type of player often is, but if we can school him to get straight up and chase the ball after he loses it, he could be a real winner...

carrie baird ‏@carriebaird (dutch football agent)
    He's fast and zippy, a handful for a defence, he can switch it and play either wings or FW.

He's no wallflower either, he brings the swag. Martin Jol + Galatasaray wanted him. Shrewd business LFC.. Bargain.

@dinabass For the talent that he is, that fee is nothing, @JenChang88 has long been an admirer of Assaidi.. Narsingh. What a treat

greendom wrote: »
    Yes, Mourinho generally gets his way.

What if ours is a loan deal and Arsenal's is a "Buy It Now" - the Real board will decide then, if he's already said he will let him leave. It's different if it's only a choice of two loans...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Jose only wanted him to come to us cause we were paying more wages surely, if that's now changed, why would he care where he goes?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I don't think Mourinho would have entertained a new Arsenal bid unless it was Sahin who was pushing for it to be accepted. To be honest, I'm really starting to doubt whether he'd be happy to come here at all and thus, I wouldn't be too cut up about missing out. I only want players who genuinely want to wear the shirt, I don't care how talented they may be. The last thing we need is another big shot just going through the motions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

Why do people think José wants Sahin to come to us rather than Arsenal? Has he said something?

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭skydish79

Bologna have accepted £11.8m for Ramirez according to skysports

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11700/7997121/Saints-agree-record-deal

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I promised myself I wouldn't do it but I got genuinely excited about Sahin and now look what happens. We really need a complete twitter ban in here

He's fast and zippy, a handful for a defence, he can switch it and play either wings or FW.

Sounds the ideal type of player for a front 3 attack, someone you can move around during the game, and who naturally moves across the front 3rd...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement