Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Sorry gentlemen, forgot the drill of populating the absolute most optimistic scenario for each player in; and engaging in 'ah sure, he isn't that good anyway' when we fail to bring someone in as was done with Sigurrdson earlier in the year and Francie Barrett above.

I'd be delighted for this guy to work out, but excited by his signing I am absolutely not.

Fair enough not being excited by the guy because you had never heard of him or had never seen him play. I totally get that. But to describe a player as a no mark because you had not heard of him smacked of putting the player down for the sake of it.

At the price the club is paying for him he is very low risk, but he does have the ability/potential to turn out to be great value.

As for doing the "ah sure he isn't that good anyway" on missed targets this summer, I can safely say that I have not done that with the likes of Sigurdsson and that my take on the player has remained pretty constant even after he went to Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Sorry gentlemen, forgot the drill of populating the absolute most optimistic scenario for each player in; and engaging in 'ah sure, he isn't that good anyway' when we fail to bring someone in as was done with Sigurrdson earlier in the year and Francie Barrett above.

I'd be delighted for this guy to work out, but excited by his signing I am absolutely not.

For £3 Million I doubt anybody is excited about it, seems a decent signing for a squad player at a bargain price. It is what it is!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Not being excited by him is one thing. Using your own ignorance as a reason to deride him is quite another.

And Fulham couldn't get him. How that puts him on their 'level' I don't know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

mike65 wrote: »
    I promise not to look at this thread again until I see, read or hear Nuri Sahin has signed for this or another club.

Good night and good luck

Sorry :o

I'm back cos I think if Sahin happens/doesn't happen it now won't be until next week and there is a game tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

So the general consensus is to avoid at all cost's buying English players with their over inflated prices etc. When we do buy from Europe for the less than 3M the player is a 'no-mark' non-exciting purchase. Really is impossible to please some.

Sure optimism does be OTT in here but Jesus Christ so does negativity. No middle ground at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Welcome back mike, your post count wasnt going up as quick when you didnt post here ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

K-9 wrote: »

It's a NO MARK cup though, no matter how anybody dresses it up.

Guess we better retain it this year or our new signing will be out of here.:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Someone got it spot on about Lloyd. He's a parody of himself now, nothing the club do will ever be right in his eyes and he has proved that with his comments about our new signing. The likes of wilmunny actually contribute more to this thread.

Lucky Lloyd is just a weird cove I think. Nothing bar a joint Rafa/Kenny management team with Alonso in midfield will do for him. Des only comes in here to let off a real stinker and then leaves the room self satisfied smug grin on his face.

• Advertisement

Melion wrote: »
    Someone got it spot on about Lloyd. He's a parody of himself now, nothing the club do will ever be right in his eyes and he has proved that with his comments about our new signing. The likes of wilmunny actually contribute more to this thread.

Let's not say things we can't take back.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Guess we better retain it this year or our new signing will be out of here.:pac:

Winning No Mark cups is something to be lauded, signing no mark players, bad.

The hyperbole is hilarious.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

mike65 wrote: »
    Lucky Lloyd is just a weird cove I think. Nothing bar a joint Rafa/Kenny management team with Alonso in midfield will do for him. Des only comes in here to let off a real stinker and then leaves the room self satisfied smug grin on his face.

And a team full of exciting Europeans

Lloyd at his worst beats that guy at his best and by some distance.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

I hope by this you mean...when he stays away

So tomorrow's game then.....

What do people expect for our first line up of the new season?

I am going with (or rather hoping for)

Reina
    Johnson
    Skrtel
    Agger
    Enrique
    Lucas
    Allen

Gerrard
    Downing
    Borini
    Suarez

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Lloyd, how come you haven't really been here to comment on potential Sahin signing (yes I know that mightn't happen) but do so on lower profile signing?

I used to like your posts a lot but lately I think you just focus on the negative and it seems to be making you bitter.

Kess73 wrote: »

Reina
    Johnson
    Skrtel
    Agger
    Enrique
    Lucas
    Allen

Gerrard
    Downing
    Borini
    Suarez

Cant see it being too different from the Gomel match. Allen in for Shelvey possibly

Reina
    Johnson
    Skrtel
    Agger
    Enrique
    Lucas
    Allen

Gerrard
    Downing
    Borini
    Suarez

This, maybe swap Suarez for Borini....although I am sure there will be a lot of interchanging throughout the game anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

I feel a bit sorry for Jonjo Shelvey who was really starting to come alive. I suppose there are enough games with the Euros and Cups to give him a few opportunities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

I don't agree with Lloyd but if he's not excited about how things are going then that's his opinion and shouldn't be criticised for it.
    I hate this opinion if you criticise the club then your not a supporter .
    Im sure Lloyd would rather be happy but at least he's not pretending to be
    Now if we signed messi and he was still giving out then he deserves to be shot ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Reina
    Johnson
    Skrtel
    Agger
    Enrique
    Lucas
    Allen

Gerrard
    Downing
    Borini
    Suarez

I'm in the middle of doing the team for the match thread & that's the same team bar Allen (I think he will start Henderson) which will start tomorrow. I'd prefer Allen to start.
    I will create a match thread after lunch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Im gonna go with full Gomel lineup with Allen in for shelvey

murpho999 wrote: »
    Lloyd, how come you haven't really been here to comment on potential Sahin signing (yes I know that mightn't happen) but do so on lower profile signing?

I used to like your posts a lot but lately I think you just focus on the negative and it seems to be making you bitter.

This, 1000 times this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Sahin is on loan for a year coming back off a serious injury. Yes, he's a good player but Mourinho has already stated that he won't be selling him. If he has a good year he'll be back to Real Madrid. He's a very short term solution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

I think as it is an away game, it will be Shelvey rather than Downing (although it is interesting that Rodgers is talking up the latter).

Reina
    Johnson
    Skrtel
    Agger
    Enrique
    Lucas
    Allen

Shelvey
    Gerrard
    Borini
    Suarez

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

Reina
    Johnson
    Skrtel
    Agger
    Enrique
    Lucas
    Allen

Gerrard
    Downing
    Borini
    Suarez

cant see allen starting. hasnt had much time with the squad. hope he does start but just think he might come on as a sub

Reina
    The-Usual-Back-Four
    Lucas
    ---Gerrard--Allen
    Downing-Borini-Suarez (<floating like butterflies, stinging like bees>)

subs - Jones, Kelly, Carra (only cos I know he'll have to be in the squad!), Shelvey, Adam, Carroll

Sahin is on loan for a year coming back off a serious injury. Yes, he's a good player but Mourinho has already stated that he won't be selling him. If he has a good year he'll be back to Real Madrid. He's a very short term solution.

Yes it's a short term solution, but if short term solutions give us a better chance at having a go at top 4 I'm all for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I can put it down to you just putting a point across poorly but it seems to be happening you alot Lloyd - there's a difference between not being optimistic about a signing and immediately writing off a player you've already admitted to knowing nothing about as a 'no mark' Fulham type signing, it's outright obnoxious imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

I'm in the middle of doing the team for the match thread & that's the same team bar Allen (I think he will start Henderson) which will start tomorrow. I'd prefer Allen to start.
    I will create a match thread after lunch.

I can't see him picking Henderson ahead of Shelvey, or Downing, at the moment - he seems to be a little behind those two. Lucas and Allen have to start, the beginning of a partnership we need to work...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Dickerty wrote: »
    I can't see him picking Henderson ahead of Shelvey, or Downing, at the moment - he seems to be a little behind those two. Lucas and Allen have to start, the beginning of a partnership we need to work...
    He'd pick Henderson ahead of Shelvey - doubt it based on Shelveys recent form tbh

I don't agree with Lloyd but if he's not excited about how things are going then that's his opinion and shouldn't be criticised for it.
    I hate this opinion if you criticise the club then your not a supporter .
    Im sure Lloyd would rather be happy but at least he's not pretending to be
    Now if we signed messi and he was still giving out then he deserves to be shot ha

There's being critical which makes sense, and just being critical for the sake of it because he doesn't rate the manager. Moaning about expensive British signings with Allen, ignoring Borini and then getting a cheap shot at Assaidi, a bargain signing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Yes it's a short term solution, but if short term solutions give us a better chance at having a go at top 4 I'm all for it.

At the expense of who's development? By the looks of it Joe Allen will be sitting on the bench if he's signed.

At the expense of who's development? By the looks of it Joe Allen will be sitting on the bench if he's signed.

I doubt that tbh, hardly put his most expensive signing on the bench. Lucas, Allen and Sahin would be the preferred midfield I'd say, Henderson and Shelvey as cover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

WBA vs LFC match thread is up guys. Be gentle its my 1st proper match thread :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80283149#post80283149

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

RVP gone and Song looks definitely on the way out . Arsenal will not let Sahin deal fall through, but my goodness if they do and he comes to us I fancy our chances of really knocking on the 4th place door .

If he signs it will be Allen, Lucas and Sahin in the middle.

If he signs and loves his time at the club and helps us to the top 4, who's to say he won't want to sign permanently?

The players who will suffer most from Sahin are Shelvey, Henderson, Downing (if Gerrard pushed wide right) while Oussama Assaidi, if he has been bought to start games will clearly have an impact on Downing then Sterling. It could get quite competitive if Rodgers lands all his targets (haven't even mentioned Dempsey).

I really do think Adam will be on his way, a club will always be tempted by what he could do for a small enough outlay. Shelvey will either get loaned or have to be happy with bench and cup games, Henderson likewise. Obviously when Gerrard falls victim to something opportunities will increase.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If we got Sahin I'd be delighted - it would be an exciting signing. If getting him depends on selling Agger then DO NOT WANT tbh.

Coates wasn't particularly impressive today.

This, 1000 times this!

He did f*cking comment on Sahin, and positively as well. If you are going to pick and choose which of his posts you (which is ironic given the accusations) comment on it'll be a tedious thread for us all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

5starpool wrote: »
    He did f*cking comment on Sahin, and positively as well. If you are going to pick and choose which of his posts you (which is ironic given the accusations) comment on it'll be a tedious thread for us all.

Well sorry for missing a post from 6 days ago but I don't think there was much more after that.

Wasn't accusing him of anything more than being a negative poster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,981 ✭✭✭doc_17

Just having a wee look at people's preferred team for tomorrow. The better and more reliable players are still the ones that were signed by Rafa, bar Suarez. And that's after 3 different managers. And wasn't it Rafa that sent Kenny to watch Suarez when he was in charge of the academy?

Anyway, my point. It's just a pity Kenny couldn't have spentp a little bit better. And also a pity Meireles isn't still here

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Well sorry for missing a post from 6 days ago but I don't think there was much more after that.

Wasn't accusing him of anything more than being a negative poster.

It was more aimed at melion and his recent constant sniping at Lloyd than you. You were just collateral damage really ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Shame we lost out on Sahin, as OPR I felt he would have been huge on making a push for 4th. I'll be surprised if we make it now, should make a decent fight out of but a 6th place finish and I'll be happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Reina
    Johnson
    Skrtel
    Agger
    Enrique
    Lucas
    Allen

Gerrard
    Downing
    Borini
    Suarez

That's the team i wish to see 2mo with options on the bench...Sterling, Carroll, Henderson, Adam...fancy us to nick a 2-1 victory!

Shame we lost out on Sahin, as OPR I felt he would have been huge on making a push for 4th. I'll be surprised if we make it now, should make a decent fight out of but a 6th place finish and I'll be happy.

Has it been confirmed that he has signed for Arsenal or is staying at Real? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Has it been confirmed that he has signed for Arsenal or is staying at Real? :confused:

Not confirmed but as good as I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

I believe El Zhar was influential in talking Oussama Assaidi to come to LFC, another ex player doing us a favour....tongue in cheek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

No.

Latest from the twitterati is that the agent has had his head turned by Arsenal as there would be more money in it for him.

Take with large portions of salt, however nothing confirmed either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

I had never heard of him - shame on me? I'm not sure what the signing of a Fulham type signing is supposed to do for us either.

Embarrasing. Can't stand supporters like this. Acting like an impatient kid. We sign a player right under the radar, no one really knows anything about him so that makes him not good enough!?

Wasn't it you that didn't want another British signing and wanted us to go to Europe? Ahhh right sorry because his name isn't bellhanda or huntelaar or someone you've seen play he's automatically ****e. Good man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Fair enough...Wenger has his reasons for selling etc. but he is really shooting himself in the foot right now...once again he is looking at two big players leaving just before the season kicks off...

Why doesn't he get these deals done earlier. It's really leaving a opening that we might actually challenge for 4th spot this year.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement