Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Dempsey has told Jol he wants to leave Fulham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Dempsey has told Jol he wants to leave Fulham

So let's make it happen.

As for Sahin, his agent is being quoted as saying the player and club want him at LFC, but his agent wants to see the AFC offer. Agent fees, anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

the second point here...lets all remember our record breaking year last year :P
    Opta Facts
    • The Hawthorns saw more goals scored in the opening 15 minutes than any other Premier League ground in 2011-12
    • The Reds hit the woodwork 33 times in 2011-12, the most by any team in any season of Premier League football analysed by Opta
    • The Baggies conceded fewer headed goals (5) than any other team in the 2011-12 Premier League

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Dickerty wrote: »
    So let's make it happen.

As for Sahin, his agent is being quoted as saying the player and club want him at LFC, but his agent wants to see the AFC offer. Agent fees, anyone?
    Harry Redknapp's involved somehow....I know it

'triffic player tbf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Shame we lost out on Sahin, as OPR I felt he would have been huge on making a push for 4th. I'll be surprised if we make it now, should make a decent fight out of but a 6th place finish and I'll be happy.

The general consensus on twitter is still one of that it's looking like us hel join. Apparently his family aren't as keen tho. Since the Assiidi deal, it really shows up twitter for what it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Dempsey deal needs to be wrapped up now!

And as for Sahin ill reserve judgement until i see him holding a shirt. I do hate flip flopping between opinions, DAMN YOU TWITTER!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Vicxas wrote: »
    Does it?

We made Fulham an offer. It doesnt match their value. If they lower their price to match our value, then fine we'll do business. If they don't, then I'd leave him be. The Assaidi acquisition might even mean we don't need him anymore, it certainly means we're not desperate and will not be ridden on the deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

murpho999 wrote: »
    Lloyd, how come you haven't really been here to comment on potential Sahin signing (yes I know that mightn't happen) but do so on lower profile signing?

I used to like your posts a lot but lately I think you just focus on the negative and it seems to be making you bitter.

I popped in yesterday to say 'please get done'. I just haven't bothered posting team line ups and getting teenage girl excited until it is confirmed. Sue me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

And as for Sahin ill reserve judgement until i see him holding a shirt. I do hate flip flopping between opinions, DAMN YOU TWITTER!

According to my information, the Arsenal one. Apparently, Monsieur Wenger was begging him to wait, until they sorted out the 'Song issue', and he lured Sahin with the prospect of Championsleague football.

Never ending story...it goes on me nerves :mad:

Does it?

We made Fulham an offer. It doesnt match their value. If they lower their price to match our value, then fine we'll do business. If they don't, then I'd leave him be. The Assaidi acquisition might even mean we don't need him anymore, it certainly means we're not desperate and will not be ridden on the deal.

I think my point came accross wrong, what i meant to say was that we need to tie demspey down but i dont want us paying anything over 7-9 Million for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

I think my point came accross wrong, what i meant to say was that we need to tie demspey down but i dont want us paying anything over 7-9 Million for him.

Or 2 - 4 million plus Charbie Adamso

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

joe123 wrote: »
    Embarrasing. Can't stand supporters like this. Acting like an impatient kid. We sign a player right under the radar, no one really knows anything about him so that makes him not good enough!?

Wasn't it you that didn't want another British signing and wanted us to go to Europe? Ahhh right sorry because his name isn't bellhanda or huntelaar or someone you've seen play he's automatically ****e. Good man.

This argument is quite funny really - yes I wanted us to go down a different road but come on - a 24 year old worth less than £3m on less than £7k per week? If he's turns out to be a hidden gem, brilliant! But this is nothing like a Meireles, Suarez, Enrique acquisition - one you are enthused about right away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Or 2 - 4 million plus Charbie Adamso

Which gives us a maximum price of 4100000 million ;)

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Shame we lost out on Sahin, as OPR I felt he would have been huge on making a push for 4th. I'll be surprised if we make it now, should make a decent fight out of but a 6th place finish and I'll be happy.

We haven't lost out on him, no one actually knows.

Until yesterday, the forum was certain we were getting him, and then this morning, Levia posts a twitter comment about some "event organiser" who says he's due to be be unveiled at Arsenal on Monday.

C'mon, a random "event organiser" twitter comment causes this mass hysteria? It's ludicrous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I am pie wrote: »
    No.

Latest from the twitterati is that the agent has had his head turned by Arsenal as there would be more money in it for him.

Take with large portions of salt, however nothing confirmed either way.

Is George Graham back at Arsenal or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Which gives us a maximum price of 4100000 million ;)

:D

Well we're looking for value :D

I'm with you on that, particularly if we get Sahin. That would make Stevie part of the front 3, with Carroll, Downing, Assaidi and Sterling as back up, and Hendo, Shelvey, Adam, Cole and Spearing as cover for Lucas, Allen and Sahin...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

murpho999 wrote: »
    Lloyd, how come you haven't really been here to comment on potential Sahin signing (yes I know that mightn't happen) but do so on lower profile signing?

I used to like your posts a lot but lately I think you just focus on the negative and it seems to be making you bitter.

Fair played on the attempt to call him out but at least he is basing his opinions on signings that have actually been finalised - not some hypothetical situation.

He is entitled to his opinion and even if he was the only person with that opinion, the fact that he is putting forward a considered argument is enough for me. I am all for hounding some trolling clown until he leaves but Lloyd is a completely different kettle of fish and fair played to him for standing by his own opinion like he has.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

daRobot wrote: »
    We haven't lost out on him, no one actually knows.

Until yesterday, the forum was certain we were getting him, and then this morning, Levia posts a twitter comment about some "event organiser" who says he's due to be be unveiled at Arsenal on Monday.

C'mon, a random "event organiser" twitter comment causes this mass hysteria? It's ludicrous.

It has nothing to do with an event organiser thinks. Every big named sourced who announced it has now rowed back on it saying it's up in the air and Arsenal have come in again. If Arsenal have come again they have either matched our offer or bettered it and I think that's what will clinch it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

5starpool wrote: »
    It was more aimed at melion and his recent constant sniping at Lloyd than you. You were just collateral damage really ;)

So I missed a single post from 6 days ago too? Doesn't change anything ive said about his embarrassing negativity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

The only concrete piece of news on Sahin is that Wenger said he was 'following' him. We can at least say for sure they are interested.

Everything else is just fluff. Rumours include agents, Buck calling the player today, Song etc. All talk made up by anonymous sources, I'd give the S*n more credibility than most of the ITKs on twitter.

Melion wrote: »
    So I missed a single post from 6 days ago too? Doesn't change anything ive said about his embarrassing negativity

Yes he is negative, but hes just airing all the doubts that we think every time the twitter machine doesnt go our way or another club becomes interested in a player we like.

Sometimes i actuallty agree with LL, but i'd never tell him that ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

So Arsene has just publicly stated his desire to sign Sahin.

That's that then. As soon a Song is gone expect news.

We really should go with the West Ham offer for Carroll and go back to Madrid and wave some cash to see how much they will bite .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

The only concrete piece of news on Sahin is that Wenger said he was 'following' him. We can at least say for sure they are interested.

Everything else is just fluff. Rumours include agents, Buck calling the player today, Song etc. All talk made up by anonymous sources, I'd give the S*n more credibility than most of the ITKs on twitter.

... And on the Liverpool thread of all places? Get away outta that.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    ... And on the Liverpool thread of all places? Get away outta that.

I know, it's like a choice between a kick in balls or a poke in the eye. You're mad to listen to either

• Advertisement

Yes he is negative, but hes just airing all the doubts that we think every time the twitter machine doesnt go our way or another club becomes interested in a player we like.

Sometimes i actuallty agree with LL, but i'd never tell him that ;)

He's not airing doubts. He called our latest signing a new mark because he hadn't heard of him before. He has called the manager of Liverpool a used car salesman. It's pathetic to watch him post like that. Like I said earlier, wilmunny and the like bring more to this thread than his constant negativity.

He's not airing doubts. He called our latest signing a new mark because he hadn't heard of him before. He has called the manager of Liverpool a used car salesman. It's pathetic to watch him post like that. Like I said earlier, wilmunny and the like bring more to this thread than his constant negativity.

Thats saying alot lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Dickerty wrote: »
    I'm with you on that, particularly if we get Sahin. That would make Stevie part of the front 3, with Carroll, Downing, Assaidi and Sterling as back up, and Hendo, Shelvey, Adam, Cole and Spearing as cover for Lucas, Allen and Sahin...

Carroll is gone. Doesn't fit into the passing game Rodgers wants. Sorry but I'm not really convinced about the Downing renaissance. That leaves us with Suarez, Borini and Assaidi as the goal getting threats. We need one more attacking winger/striker. Dempsey is perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Holy **** . Steve Clarke is claiming that if brendan rodgers gets top 4 its down to the team him and kenny built . He pretty much reckons brendan just took over a top quality team like pep guardiola did at barca. This is just crazy and pretty much embarrassing . Goes on to say he was sacked and didnt walk . Hmm wonder why .
    Its in the sun .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Luap

Can see them holding off till the last minute for Dempsey.

I think they enquired about him and are trying to get a better price. :eek:

• Advertisement

cloptrop wrote: »
    Holy **** . Steve Clarke is claiming that if brendan rodgers gets top 4 its down to the team him and kenny built . He pretty much reckons brendan just took over a top quality team like pep guardiola did at barca. This is just crazy and pretty much embarrassing . Goes on to say he was sacked and didnt walk . Hmm wonder why .
    Its in the sun .

Well, he was hardly going to say "Good Luck Brendan, sorry about the squad" - he has respect for the players there.

hopefully borini gets a hat trick and leaves him with egg all over his big scottish chops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Dempsey not in the Fulham squad for tomorrow.

ush wrote: »
    Sorry but I'm not really convinced about the Downing renaissance.

Downing's a decent player - he's nothing special but he's solid and could be an asset this year - he performed well under par last season so I think he could suprise a few of us this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

PaulieC wrote: »
    Downing's a decent player - he's nothing special but he's solid and could be an asset this year - he performed well under par last season so I think he could suprise a few of us this season.

Grand. Hope he does. Maybe the new system will bring out the best in him.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    This argument is quite funny really - yes I wanted us to go down a different road but come on - a 24 year old worth less than £3m on less than £7k per week? If he's turns out to be a hidden gem, brilliant! But this is nothing like a Meireles, Suarez, Enrique acquisition - one you are enthused about right away.

Less than 7k a week? Are you his agent? Any proof of that?

Well, he was hardly going to say "Good Luck Brendan, sorry about the squad" - he has respect for the players there.

hopefully borini gets a hat trick and leaves him with egg all over his big scottish chops.
    lol @ 'big Scottish chops' :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Rio just finded for racist remarks on twitter.

Ferdinand Twitter charge found proven by Independent Regulatory Commission

Manchester United’s Rio Ferdinand has been fined £45,000 after an Independent Regulatory Commission found proven a charge of improper conduct in relation to a comment posted on Twitter.

The Commission decided that the comment was improper and brought the game into disrepute. In addition, the Commission found that the breach included a reference to ethnic origin, colour or race.

Ferdinand was fined £45,000 and warned as to his future conduct. The Independent Regulatory Commission has released the written reasons for this case which can be found by clicking here.

Both The FA and Manchester United were served the reasons on Wednesday 15 August 2012 and the deadline for appeal passed at 12noon on Thursday 16 August 2012.

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Disciplinary/NewsAndFeatures/2012/statement-rio-ferdinand-170812.aspx

Was that not what Luis got a 4 game ban for

Eight game ban to follow, so?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

Rio just finded for racist remarks on twitter.

Ferdinand Twitter charge found proven by Independent Regulatory Commission

Manchester United’s Rio Ferdinand has been fined £45,000 after an Independent Regulatory Commission found proven a charge of improper conduct in relation to a comment posted on Twitter.

The Commission decided that the comment was improper and brought the game into disrepute. In addition, the Commission found that the breach included a reference to ethnic origin, colour or race.

Ferdinand was fined £45,000 and warned as to his future conduct. The Independent Regulatory Commission has released the written reasons for this case which can be found by clicking here.

Both The FA and Manchester United were served the reasons on Wednesday 15 August 2012 and the deadline for appeal passed at 12noon on Thursday 16 August 2012.

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Disciplinary/NewsAndFeatures/2012/statement-rio-ferdinand-170812.aspx

How's that Liverpool FC Talk/Gossip/Rumour?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Did anyone see the fluff piece on LFC TV from a few months ago where some kid meets and interviews Steve Clarke? Seemed like a real nice guy. Then towards the end of the piece the kid and Clarke took turns picking a 5-a-side team from the current (at the time) squad like you would in PE class. IIRC Clarke's third pick was Jay Spearing and I just remember thinking to myself oh dear that explains a lot.

Oddly enough this just appeared on my team for fantasy premier league about Dempsey.

Unknown - Expected back 25 Aug

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Word I hear is Dempsey is a done deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Just like Sahin yesterday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

Not likely. Jol just said there was never a bid!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/clint-dempsey-told-us-he-was-off-to-liverpool-but-we-never-1265863

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Assaidi is a great buy. He's got alot of talent and is good off either foot.
    He is abetter player than Tello in so much as he delivers end product, be it crosses, simple passes or frequently (for a winger) goals.
    For those that think he must be sh*t/a no-mark because of the fee.... Van Persie cost Arsenal 3 million, granted 8 or so years ago, and look what he did.

Interview just now with Jol, he said Liverpool never even contacted Fulham about Dempsey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Interview just now with Jol, he said Liverpool never even contacted Fulham about Dempsey.
    It was on the LFC website ffs. What more does he want?

It was on the LFC website ffs. What more does he want?

?

Dare I ask - sauce?

And maybe we didn't approach Fulham yet, just Dempsey's agent, who said "Don't talk to Fulham until you have a bid of xxx ready..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,299 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

How's that Liverpool FC Talk/Gossip/Rumour?

Well it was comparing the punishment a Liverpool player got to another player who breached the same FA Rules, but deleted now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭budgemook

Assaidi is number 11 anyways. First teamer so.

Yay, another players who's name spelling will be bastardised in here for the next 12 months!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement