Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭slingerz

mike65 wrote: »
    Nearly nailed on I'd say.

Hopefully as he'd be a great addition to the squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Whats that code for the FF lads?

The Red Bastards are set up and ready to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

There's no point in keeping a player if he doesn't want to stay. Wehave experienced that with Torres and probably a few others, maybe Alonso depending on who you believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Breaking the agreement with Swansea, Clint forcing a move....I predict a lot of high horses in our future.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

Dempsey would be a good addidtion if we get him

giving up on Sahin now to many different stories about him are making me dizzy.All i care about is a win against the Baggies on sat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

It's disgusting what Dempsey is doing to Fulham .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Leiva wrote: »
    It's disgusting what Dempsey is doing to Fulham .

Similar to Mas 2 years ago with us and we all went mad!

There's no point in keeping a player if he doesn't want to stay. Wehave experienced that with Torres and probably a few others, maybe Alonso depending on who you believe.

Yes and were worse off without them whether they would have wanted to stay or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

We did get £80 million for the pair of them though, so it wasn't like we were made sell them for chips, likewise with Masch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Whats that code for the FF lads?

The Red Bastards are set up and ready to go.

211229-304096

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 385 ✭✭nicol

Looks like D'agger is throwing daggers Coates way!! :p

150422371-daniel-agger-of-liverpool-in-action-during-a-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QTPYEOWc25uVWdDYwA2OTk4FEbLvPzgl1jAMW2qGC8OVNbqAgDV5nN3HMeREUUNF5g%3d%3d

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Where would Dempsey play, think he is overrated, its goals we need and dont think he would do the business for a full year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Steven81 wrote: »
    Where would Dempsey play, think he is overrated, its goals we need and dont think he would do the business for a full year.

He played a full year last year and scored 23 goals in 46 games.

Overrated. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

he scored more PL goals than Suarez & Carroll combined last season

Dempsey has a decent strike rate, but my worry about him would if last season turns out to be the zenith of his playing career.

Then again he has always been in and around the 1 in 3 to 1 in 4 mark for most of his career in terms of goals to games, save for last season when he jumped to 1 in 2, so even if he came in at the lower end of that rate he would be a useful asset in attack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Clint Dempsey

2008-2009 8 goals in 41 appearances
    2009-2010 9 goals in 44 appearances
    2010-2011 13 goals in 42 appearances
    2011-2012 23 goals in 46 appearances

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

Scott Sinclair is also refusing to sign a contract will BR go back for him as well i wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Scott Sinclair is also refusing to sign a contract will BR go back for him as well i wonder?

No. Rumour is that Man City are after Sinclair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Clint Dempsey

You are really reinforcing your point arent you. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

But if he doesn't get a lot of games, could he lose that scoring touch? He is not a poacher like Defoe, he could end up like Benayoun - good in fits and starts, but not consistant. In that regard, a replacement for Maxi, but not at £8M+...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Clint Dempsey

Not bad considering he's been an attacking midfielder most of his career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

What ever happened Le Tallec and Pongolle ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Clint Dempsey

2012-2013 40 goals in 48 appearances

:)

So word has it Jen Chang is a big fan of Assaidi (had to check Google for proper spelling :p ).

I hope he was, and I hope he had something to do with it cause he has a cracking eye for talent in other leagues.

I know it's a long shot for the D.O.C to have any say in signings but at some level I hope he has some small input.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

As long as no one eats into Luis' tally before he gets the 15+ goals that I bet on yesterday :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I have to say when I heard Oussama Assaida's nickname was Ferrari he must be fast which is something we could really do with .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

I don't agree with the notion that Sahin would represent only a short term solution

For the likes of Arsenal, City or Utd, perhaps he would in that all three are there or there abouts where they want to be/realistically can be, that is Utd and City title challengers, and Arsenal somewhere between them and the likes of Spurs, Liverpool etc. So signing Sahin for a season would still leave them in a similar position, with similar chances this time next year of attracting a replacement

For Sahin to come to Liverpool or Spurs for a season would help either club push on and possibly achieve a CL spot. If that were achieved and Sahin were to subsequently leave, either club would be in a far better position to attract a replacement then is currently possible

From what I've read, it seems Sahin's only interest in going on loan is to further his chances of making it at Real. To that end, it makes perfect sense that he would go to Arsenal where he can demonstrate his ability in the CL. The delay in his signing, coupled with his comments this time last year on the prospect of signing for Liverpool suggest he views the move as some sort of last resort

Kess73 wrote: »
    211229-304096

There's a bloke in the league called Martin O'Neill, somebody fck him out. :pac:

There's a bloke in the league called Martin O'Neill, somebody fck him out. :pac:

You won't need to when the owners tighten the strings he will throw a hissy fit and quit :p:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

tonc76 wrote: »

For those on phones:
    Nuri Sahin's departure from Real Madrid is taking longer than planned. Although the player has made his mind up to leave due to the lack of playing time he would get this year if he stayed, an agreement for his transfer still needs to be reached before the young Turkish player can begin packing his bags.

Reza Fazeli, the player's representative, spent this Thursday in Real Madrid's offices to continue negotiating Sahin's move to the Premier League. Arsenal and Liverpool continue battling it out to secure the player's services on loan. Both Fazeli and the player know Madrid would prefer to accept Liverpool's offer, although the player keeps pushing for a move to Arsenal, with the London club not having thrown the towel in yet.

For the moment it looks like the negotiations have hit a snag and won't move forwards until next week, when the issue should be resolved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

I have to say when I heard Oussama Assaida's nickname was Ferrari he must be fast which is something we could really do with .
    Or maybe he's just flashy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

DrumSteve wrote: »
    For those on phones:

If he wants to go to Arsenal then forget about him.

I'd prefer players who actually want to play for Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Re Sahin few minutes ago
    Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC
    @perthpool was meant to give #LFC an answer today but as of an hour ago still no word ...

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Super-Rush wrote: »

True that, if he doesn't want to be here, then we shouldn't lose any sleep over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

That's a bit flippant though. You can't expect every target to think of the club as the fans do, or to have any sort of allegiance to the club for no apparent reason. I doubt there's a single player we've signed over the last two years that wouldn't have chosen Utd, Chelsea, City or Arsenal given the chance (and similar terms)

It's not necessarily disrespectful, nor does it mean he wouldn't put the effort in if he came, its just human nature to want to play for the best side you can at the highest level you can

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

opr wrote: »
    Re Sahin few minutes ago

Opr

According to the 'Sport Bild' website, no decision this week anymore. But they reckon, he will go to Pool, because Jose Mourinho hates Arsene Wenger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

There must be a fair amount of lurkers in here or some of ye are whoring out the league code. 153 in now, get your teams in early, dont trust these lads after the debacle last year. Code..

211229-304096

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »

More of a mis-hit than Rooney's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It would have been perfect if he hadn't looked back.

Lars1916 wrote: »
    According to the 'Sport Bild' website, no decision this week anymore. But they reckon, he will go to Pool, because Jose Mourinho hates Arsene Wenger.

Latest on twitter is Sky Sports are paying him to hold off on a decision til deadline day so they can have some exciting TV.

daithijjj wrote: »
    There must be a fair amount of lurkers in here or some of ye are whoring out the league code. 153 in now, get your teams in early, dont trust these lads after the debacle last year. Code..

211229-304096

152 teams battling for second place?:D

Going to be some tear up amongst you guys for the first loser spot alright. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Ye can say what ye want about this, but give me Dempsey any day over this Sahin fella. He might be a nice player but fk him, dont want anyone near the place who's heart is not in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

LiamoSail wrote: »
    That's a bit flippant though. You can't expect every target to think of the club as the fans do, or to have any sort of allegiance to the club for no apparent reason. I doubt there's a single player we've signed over the last two years that wouldn't have chosen Utd, Chelsea, City or Arsenal given the chance (and similar terms)

It's not necessarily disrespectful, nor does it mean he wouldn't put the effort in if he came, its just human nature to want to play for the best side you can at the highest level you can

I never said it was disrespectful, but if he has his heart set on Arsenal then i can't see him trying too hard for his second choice team.

I can guarantee you that if Craig Bellamy was offered the choice of playing for Liverpool, Chelsea, Utd, Arsenal or Spurs last season, he still would have picked Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Given all that talk about Nuri Sahin in the moment, I just hope, we can all laugh about it and enjoy him playing for Pool ;)

I never said it was disrespectful, but if he has his heart set on Arsenal then i can't see him trying too hard for his second choice team.

I can guarantee you that if Craig Bellamy was offered the choice of playing for Liverpool, Chelsea, Utd, Arsenal or Spurs last season, he still would have picked Liverpool.

Bellamy would have chose to play for us on less wages too . If we sign Sahin I will be happy but if he decides to go for Arsenal then best of luck to him . I would say he is looking assurances over appearances this season because it seems to me it will be a year long loan and nothing else so he needs to impress or he will end up in limbo at Real Madrid .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Martin Jol: "Clint told everyone he was going to Liverpool before he came back so we really thought there was quite a firm interest in him"

So Jol and Demspey thought the deal was on despite Liverpool not making an offer. Right, ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

LiamoSail wrote: »
    I don't agree with the notion that Sahin would represent only a short term solution

For the likes of Arsenal, City or Utd, perhaps he would in that all three are there or there abouts where they want to be/realistically can be, that is Utd and City title challengers, and Arsenal somewhere between them and the likes of Spurs, Liverpool etc. So signing Sahin for a season would still leave them in a similar position, with similar chances this time next year of attracting a replacement

For Sahin to come to Liverpool or Spurs for a season would help either club push on and possibly achieve a CL spot. If that were achieved and Sahin were to subsequently leave, either club would be in a far better position to attract a replacement then is currently possible

From what I've read, it seems Sahin's only interest in going on loan is to further his chances of making it at Real. To that end, it makes perfect sense that he would go to Arsenal where he can demonstrate his ability in the CL. The delay in his signing, coupled with his comments this time last year on the prospect of signing for Liverpool suggest he views the move as some sort of last resort

Arsenals CL campaign could be just 6 games long. It doesnt make sense to put all your eggs in that basket. If I were Sahin, I'd look at where's likeliest to start me the most games and give me a chance to shine. He could be a superstar at Liverpool, whereas just one of many quality midfielders at Aresnal.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement