Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Kess73 wrote: »
    152 teams battling for second place?:D

Going to be some tear up amongst you guys for the first loser spot alright. :pac:

I will try not to comment when you wildcard in week 2 :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jasus Clint better get an offer or this season isn't going be much fun for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

Sahin wouldn't be a direct replacement for Song He would be rotated more times than a spinning wheel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

daithijjj wrote: »
    Ye can say what ye want about this, but give me Dempsey any day over this Sahin fella. He might be a nice player but fk him, dont want anyone near the place who's heart is not in it.

A preference for a side with more stability, who have been far better over recent seasons and with CL football hardly means his heart isn't in it. Just because a player hasn't always dreamt of playing for a specific club doesn't mean he can't be a success there

Had Utd been interested in Suarez when he moved, I'm sure they would have been his preference, does that mean Dalglish shouldn't have signed him?
    Super-Rush wrote: »
    I never said it was disrespectful, but if he has his heart set on Arsenal then i can't see him trying too hard for his second choice team.

I can guarantee you that if Craig Bellamy was offered the choice of playing for Liverpool, Chelsea, Utd, Arsenal or Spurs last season, he still would have picked Liverpool.

Bellamy's obviously the exception though, as him going to Cardiff has proven. Bellamy too is a Liverpool fan, I'm referring specifically to players with no allegiance to the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

BBC Sport - David Bernstein
    Alex Song set for Barca move. Clubs negotiating, won't play on Sat, Sahin lined up on season-long loan as replacement #bbcfootball #afc #fcb

Few others saying the same.

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Clint in a world of bother....

maybe we'll get him on the cheap now...table a low bid for the craic..

nothing worse than going away from all the transfers for a few hours and then returning to zero news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Martin Jol
    Clint told me he wants to go to a Champions League club.

I’m not sure if Liverpool is in the Champions League but if you look at the size of Liverpool, it’s like a Champions League club.

Good man Martin,

Arsenals CL campaign could be just 6 games long. It doesnt make sense to put all your eggs in that basket. If I were Sahin, I'd look at where's likeliest to start me the most games and give me a chance to shine. He could be a superstar at Liverpool, whereas just one of many quality midfielders at Aresnal.

I'd imagine he'd be both confident of starting regularly and received certain assurances about first team football at Arsenal. Its also unlikely that Arsenal will play only 6 CL games

Also, looking back over the previous few years he could see Arsenal have consistently been in the top 3 or 4, while Liverpool have been way off the pace and lacking stability. It makes perfect sense for him to view Arsenal as a more attractive proposition

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

if my pronunciation of this new lads name is correct...there is a nickname in the works somehow...

ass-éadaí
    ass-clothes
    underpants...

ah balls...there might not even be a joke there to be had...im too shaggin lazy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Just joined the league, Our Year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Is this FF league on the Barclays site?

Why would Real let him go to Arsenal knowing it would facilitate Barca's move for Song?

A long shot, but would be funny if it were a Real hoax ala the Morientes Barca bid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

opr wrote: »
    Few others saying the same.

Opr

Thats that . Next !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Why would Real let him go to Arsenal knowing it would facilitate Barca's move for Song?

Not a bad point, actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Good man Martin,

You beat me to it. That1s very strange,isn`t it? How the hell would he not know who`s in the CL?

Is he having a dig at us?

He`s either being a smart ass or he`s really stupid.

I really can`t work out which it is. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

mike65 wrote: »
    Is this FF league on the Barclays site?

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

There you go.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

A long shot, but would be funny if it were a Real hoax ala the Morientes Barca bid
    I dont think they are too worried about song who will probably be warming the bench for the most of his time at barca. Id say they are wanting their player ti get the best from his loan spell .
    Champions league football
    Game time
    The position he will be played in.
    Type of football he will play.
    The amount of money they will save / be paid.
    These are the type of things that will be more important to them i reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

You beat me to it. That1s very strange,isn`t it? How the hell would he not know who`s in the CL?

Is he having a dig at us?

He`s either being a smart ass or he`s really stupid.

I really can`t work out which it is. :confused:

It's probably rhetoric. Dempsey said he wanted to join a CL club, and now wants to join Liverpool. It's Jol's way of pointing out discrepancies in what Dempsey has said about why he wants to leave.

A preference for a side with more stability, who have been far better over recent seasons and with CL football hardly means his heart isn't in it. Just because a player hasn't always dreamt of playing for a specific club doesn't mean he can't be a success there

Had Utd been interested in Suarez when he moved, I'm sure they would have been his preference, does that mean Dalglish shouldn't have signed him?/QUOTE]

Im not fussed whether he comes or not, neither is he at the end of the day. If he wanted to play for us he would already be at the club.

Sign up Dempsey who's heart is definitely in it, keep Agger and that will do for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

cloptrop wrote: »
    I dont think they are too worried about song who will probably be warming the bench for the most of his time at barca. Id say they are wanting their player ti get the best from his loan spell .
    Game time

This isn't the first time it's been suggested. Though if Real really are leaning towards Liverpool because they don't want to strengthen Barca, I wonder if Arsenal will have the balls to make the first move and sell Song anyway, hoping Real will then just let Sahin go to them.

I still think its a double missed chance if Sahin goes to Arsenal.

He would have galvanised our already good midfield, but also left Arsenal short imo.

Arsenal don't forget got turned over on a couple occasions very easily last season and if Song leaves they look very PL green.
    Yes they have added quality players but for me still lack that bastardardly (such a word??) presence to grind them through the tough games . They could capitulate when the going gets tough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Dempsey refusing to play again for Fulham is the type of crap I hate to hear and it relfects horribly on him.

Sorry if that comes across naive or 'high and mighty' but what the **** does he think he is going to do on September 1st if still a Fulham player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

noodler wrote: »
    Dempsey refusing to play again for Fulham is the type of crap I hate to hear and it relfects horribly on him.

Sorry if that comes across naive or 'high and mighty' but what the **** does he think he is going to do on September 1st if still a Fulham player.
    I like Dempsey, but I have to agree. Has he definitely refused to play? I saw earlier reports simply saying he was "omitted".

daithijjj wrote: »
    Im not fussed whether he comes or not, neither is he at the end of the day. If he wanted to play for us he would already be at the club.

Sign up Dempsey who's heart is definitely in it, keep Agger and that will do for me.

His heart's only in it because there isn't a better side interested, as his supposed strike, if true, proves. Sahin would be the same in Dempsey's position as would Dempsey in Sahin's

The aim should be to bring the best possible players to club, not to simply sign players so they can play for the best possible club they can

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Missing out on this close to the end of the window would be a huge blow to be honest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Surely if Nuri wants to keep Jose happy and receptive to playing him when he returns there then it's a good idea to take his advice re Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Ape X wrote: »
    I like Dempsey, but I have to agree. Has he definitely refused to play? I saw earlier reports simply saying he was "omitted".

SSN yellow ticker reporting Fulham are fining him for refusing to play for the club again.

If sahin goes to Arsenal then at least we can move on from all of this
    people getting worked up over the fact that a player has chosen a club over us
    its happened before Its not Messi we are talking about here its a loan signing

SSN yellow ticker reporting Fulham are fining him for refusing to play for the club again.
    Then he's a very silly boy.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Missing out on this close to the end of the window would be a huge blow to be honest

Dempsey or Sahin ?

• Advertisement

gaelicred wrote: »
    people getting worked up over the fact that a player has chosen a club over us
    its happened before Its not Messi we are talking about here its a loan signing

I don't see people getting worked up. I think people are just disappointed that it's looking like we're missing out on a really good player at the last minute. It's pretty reasonable if you ask me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

Bit thoughtless of fulham to stir it up today though with him. Think he will sign for us and they're getting desperate

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭skydish79

Song on his way to barca

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19293825

Guess that paves the way for sahin to move to them
    :(

cloptrop wrote: »
    Game time

I think you're underestimating how petty Real and Barca can be towards one another. Throw Mourinho into the equation and the pettiness is multiplied

As for the above criteria, interms of position and money, I'm sure Liverpool tick the correct boxes. Type of football is obviously still quiet a bit open given Rodgers has just arrived, but you could also factor in the potential for Arsenal to meet Real in the CL

skydish79 wrote: »
    Song on his way to barca

Sweet. But will he really get much game time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Player prefers a move to Arsenal, he's a horrible bastard.

Player wants to play for us so badly he is refusing to play for his current team in order to force a move, he's a horrible bastard.

There is just no pleasing some people around here.:pac:

Grayditch wrote: »
    I don't see people getting worked up. I think people are just disappointed that it's looking like we're missing out on a really good player at the last minute. It's pretty reasonable if you ask me.
    Yep. It's disappointing because it appears we came as close as you feasibly can without the player actually signing. And let's not downplay what an absolute coup it would have been for us to get him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Leiva wrote: »
    Dempsey or Sahin ?

Sahin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Player prefers a move to Arsenal, he's a horrible bastard.

Player wants to play for us so badly he is refusing to play for his current team in order to force a move, he's a horrible bastard.

There is just no pleasing some people around here.:pac:
    That's because we're all horrible bástards

PaulieC wrote: »
    That's because we're all horrible bástards

Speak for yourself you horrible bastard.

:pac:

• Advertisement

I would love to see Sahin here but if he goes to Arsenal then so be it
    But i will wait until it is confirmed by either team instead of the twitter bollox

gaelicred wrote: »
    I would love to see Sahin here but if he goes to Arsenal then so be it
    But i will wait until it is confirmed by either team instead of the twitter bollox
    What if the teams confirm it by Twitter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Leiva wrote: »
    Speak for yourself you horrible bastard.

:pac:
    Says the most horrible bástard of them all :pac:

What if the teams confirm it by Twitter?
    Still wont believe it :D

Half expecting/wanting Rodgers to come out and say "We were about to table an offer for Demspey before he pulled that stunt. That's not on". Imagine.

His heart's only in it because there isn't a better side interested, as his supposed strike, if true, proves. Sahin would be the same in Dempsey's position as would Dempsey in Sahin's

The aim should be to bring the best possible players to club, not to simply sign players so they can play for the best possible club they can

What if its a case where he was assured by the club that they wouldnt over price him and they have? resulting in nobody putting in a bid?. You think clubs wouldnt be after him for 5m or less? . Lets face it, the guy can talk to anyone without Fulham's consent in 4 months time.

The problem Fulham have is that if they fk around with him, every reason they wanted to keep him is at risk. Its not wise also, to be pre empting what has happened with a player. Lets wait and see what happens.

As for bringing good players to the club, Dempsey scored plenty last year, our 35m striker didnt score a league goal at Anfield all season.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Shankly Gates

pEyLw.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Away from the Dempsey, Sahin debate who will be our number 2 penalty taker behind Stevie G, we missed way too many penos last years and at crucial times in games too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Do people actually think Sahin wouldn't be as good for us because we aren't his first choice? As if he's going to go a whole season in a huff because he didn't get a move to Arsenal. If i had no allegiences and wasd given a choice of Liverpool or London it'd be London all the way.

I don't go in for that, "if he doesn't want to play for us then fck him", "the red shirt should be a privelege" etc. type lark. If he's as quality as people say then we want him at the club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Steven81 wrote: »
    Away from the Dempsey, Sahin debate who will be our number 2 penalty taker behind Stevie G, we missed way too many penos last years and at crucial times in games too.

Johnson can hit a sweet peno.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement