Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Ramirez to Southampton is reportedly off! Have we now gone back to get our second choice target after missing out on Sahin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Anybody apart from Suarez, Carroll, Adam and Downing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Johnson can hit a sweet peno.
    Indeed he can. I reckon he's going to have a great season in general, in an attacking sense (checks price on FPL).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Do people actually think Sahin wouldn't be as good for us because we aren't his first choice? As if he's going to go a whole season in a huff because he didn't get a move to Arsenal. If i had no allegiences and wasd given a choice of Liverpool or London it'd be London all the way.

I don't go in for that, "if he doesn't want to play for us then fck him", "the red shirt should be a privelege" etc. type lark. If he's as quality as people say then we want him at the club.

Agreed, instead of him showing how bad he wants to play for us Liverpool should show him how badly they want him to play for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

daithijjj wrote: »
    What if its a case where he was assured by the club that they wouldnt over price him and they have? resulting in nobody putting in a bid?. You think clubs wouldnt be after him for 5m or less? . Lets face it, the guy can talk to anyone without Fulham's consent in 4 months time.

The problem Fulham have is that if they fk around with him, every reason they wanted to keep him is at risk. Its not wise also, to be pre empting what has happened with a player. Lets wait and see what happens.

As for bringing good players to the club, Dempsey scored plenty last year, our 35m striker didnt score a league goal at Anfield all season.

Well that's specifically why I said if true, as we don't know the circumstances. What is clear though is that he wants to play for a better side then Fulham, just as Sahin would prefer a better side then Liverpool

Both players have ambitions to play for better sides, coincidentally we are that better side in Dempsey's case I don't see why anyone wouldn't want Sahin on the basis of his ambition but would embrace Dempsey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Do people actually think Sahin wouldn't be as good for us because we aren't his first choice? As if he's going to go a whole season in a huff because he didn't get a move to Arsenal. If i had no allegiences and wasd given a choice of Liverpool or London it'd be London all the way.

I don't go in for that, "if he doesn't want to play for us then fck him", "the red shirt should be a privelege" etc. type lark. If he's as quality as people say then we want him at the club.

I dont know why you would choose London, i cant fking stand London. My name is not Clint Dempsey either :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Johnson can hit a sweet peno.

Was just about to post the same. Very composed player too. Would also let Allen or Shelvey have a go...

murpho999 wrote: »
    Agreed, instead of him showing how bad he wants to play for us Liverpool should show him how badly they want him to play for us.

He's soon change his mind after playing in Anfield rather than the emirates in front of one man and his dog and Basil Fawlty in his bubble jacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

Vanolder wrote: »
    Ramirez to Southampton is reportedly off! Have we now gone back to get our second choice target after missing out on Sahin?
    Were we ever in for him in the first place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,540 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

trying to keep up with this thread while holding down a fulltime job is unpossible.

• Advertisement

I dont know why you would choose London, i cant fking stand London. My name is not Clint Dempsey either :pac:

I dont know how much you earn Daithi but i reckon London would be a much better place to live on 50 G's a week. :pac:

He's soon change his mind after playing in Anfield rather than the emirates in front of one man and his dog and Basil Fawlty in his bubble jacket.

He played for Dortmund. After playing in the Westfalen, I'd imagine Anfield would be akin to playing in front of one man and his dog and Basil Fawlty in his bubble jacket

And another update from the Boston Globe interested)

Nuri Sahin deal is still on and is between Arsenal and Liverpool. The Alex Song to Barcelona move may prompt an increase of wages for Sahin to match Liverpool's 100% wage offer although he would not be a direct replacement for Song. Arsenal virtually promised to come back once they sold RVP or Song but they have not improved their wage offer for Sahin yet. Sahin has his heart set on a move to Arsenal although the president of Real Madrid also favours Sahin move to a team not in the Champions League. Any move is going to just be a 12-month loan deal with NO option to buy as RM simply wish for Sahin to get game time following his long term injury. So still up in their air and still a straight fight between Arsenal and Liverpool. Liverpool representatives are in constant communication with Real Madrid although this could run until 31 August which was RM's deadline for a move either way. The rumour that Sahin's family are against a move from Spain is complete rubbish. He will definitely be an Arsenal or Liverpool player come 31 August.

Despite what Martin Jol has said, three offers for Clint Dempsey have been made all including Charlie Adam in part-exchange. Adam has rejected three contracts and now Fulham are looking for a cash-only offer. Dempsey has refused to play for Fulham and will not sign a new contract. He favours a move to Liverpool and is upset that Fulham seem to be pricing him out of a move to Anfield following their reluctance to offer Adam an improved contract. My colleague expects Dempsey will make the move to Liverpool very soon as Fulham will have no option but to sell or they lose him for free in 12 months time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Prediction: Dempsey to QPR.

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Prediction: Dempsey to QPR.

Thats not a bad shout them or Everton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Phil McNulty ‏@philmcnulty Clint Dempsey signing for Liverpool now has the same inevitable ring as Joe Allen signing for Liverpool. #bbcfootball

hopefully we get him soon

can't understand why some ppl don't want him

@jeremy_LFC
    RE Sahin: #LFC are confident, the club thrashed out a deal last night. Waiting on player. I'm not aware of the gravity of the AFC's interest

If you're not interested because you don't like twitter, please keep it to yourself and simply ignore this post.

Jesus if we got Dempsey and Sahin in we'd have some squad. Even if we get one of them in we'd be looking good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Hopefully we can get off to a winning start against West Brom tomorrow. Looking forward to the start of the season. A lot of talk about Sahin and Dempsey but the players have a job to do tomorrow.

Hopefully we can get off to a winning start against West Brom tomorrow. Looking forward to the start of the season. A lot of talk about Sahin and Dempsey but the players have a job to do tomorrow.

I'd be fairly confident of a win anyway.

Kiss of death.

• Advertisement

I dont know how much you earn Daithi but i reckon London would be a much better place to live on 50 G's a week. :pac:

50 G's in London is the same as 35-40 anywhere else.

You'd be surprised how many Londoners with cash to afford it have second homes around Bristol and the West country, they scurry out that rat hole town at every opportunity. ;)

Jesus if we got Dempsey and Sahin in we'd have some squad. Even if we get one of them in we'd be looking good.

Yes, so frustrating that it all takes so long.

Would love know how these negotiations are played out.

I always have the feeling that I could have it all wrapped up in 30 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,052 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Steven81 wrote: »
    Away from the Dempsey, Sahin debate who will be our number 2 penalty taker behind Stevie G, we missed way too many penos last years and at crucial times in games too.

Well, if we got Sahin, then Sahin would probably take a few. Sahin's a decent penalty taker. But since you want to get away from the Sahin debate, I guess Sahin isn't an option in the question. Dempsey has been known to take a penalty too, though he's missed a few as well, but Dempsey isn't an option either because of the rule. The No Dempsey/Sahin Rule.

Dempsey.
    Sahin.

I'd be fairly confident of a win anyway.

Kiss of death.

I'm sure as Sahin that we'll get 3 points.

50 G's in London is the same as 35-40 anywhere else.

You'd be surprised how many Londoners with cash to afford it have second homes around Bristol and the West country, they scurry out that rat hole town at every opportunity. ;)

If that's the case, its those in Bristol and the West country I feel sorry for

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭skydish79

17 Aug 2012 19:26:07

Just to reword it for you all, the club still believe will Sahin will sign..

Cheers

Macca

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

skydish79 wrote: »
    17 Aug 2012 19:26:07

Just to reword it for you all, the club still believe will Sahin will sign..

Cheers

Macca

Who the f*ck is Will Sahin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Who the f*ck is Will Sahin?

Don't freak out, but we're getting his older, less talented brother.

And who the fcuk is Macca?

• Advertisement

Sahin and Dempsey would be nice. Would give us good options.

Still like a top goalscorer in too but that's unlikely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

LiamoSail wrote: »
    And who the fcuk is Macca?
    used to play for Liverpool in the 90's:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Re Sahin what about independent sources as the BBC seems to think he's joining Arsenal ?

MD1990 wrote: »
    used to play for Liverpool in the 90's:P

I had assumed it was some internet ITK. I hope it is, as I'd rather the opinion of a random internet ITK to that of Steve Macmanaman

Clint Dempsey ‏@clint_dempsey
    There are two sides to the story.

The truth will come out soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Tweeted from Dempseys official twitter account

Damn you daithijjj!!! :P

• Advertisement

Lawro said it will be a 1-1 draw With the Baggies so that means we are going to win:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

greendom wrote: »
    Re Sahin what about independent sources as the BBC seems to think he's joining Arsenal ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19293825

That's the biggest confirmation I can find from the BBC.....according to a poster in the Arsenal thread it's as good as done based on that, although the less said about him the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,052 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

"They touched me here...and here...and...here..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

The game is on setanta sports one, can
    you still get that free on pc if you are an eircom broadband customer? My parents recently moved to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

stick-dan wrote: »

Literally what Masch said when he did the same thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭skydish79

sweetie wrote: »
    The game is on setanta sports one, can
    you still get that free on pc if you are an eircom broadband customer? My parents recently moved to them.

think its just setanta ireland you get for free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

skydish79 wrote: »
    think its just setanta ireland you get for free

Already have that ****e!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

GK: Reina, Jones, Gulacsi
    DF: Johnson, Kelly, Flannagan, Carragher
    Skrtel, Agger, Coates, Enrique, Robinson
    MF: Lucas, Allen, Gerrard, Hendo, Shelvey,
    Spearing, Adam, (Sahin)
    ATT: Suarez, Borini, Downing, Cole, Assaidi, (Dempsey)

Is how our squad is looking so you'd have to think that we'd get 1 out or 3, if both transfers come in, if possible - Spearing, Adam and Cole and we could probably do with sending Shelvey, Sterling and Suso on loan.

Between being blindsided by Assaidi and the hardly believable transfer of Sahin that would completely change the dynamic of our squad.

Instead of having a solid 11 +reserves you'd rather not rely on, coming in one or two at a time to lessen their exposure, we'll still have that at GK and CB, to an extent, but we'll have 10 players playing in rotation for the 6 other positions, each of whom are first teamers or at least young dependable players who can do their job acceptably.

With that in mind we can do without as bloated a squad because there's no problem slipping players in and out as needs be.

Looks like Jol will get a lash.

Read elsewhere that Jol is complaining that Liverpool have showed bad form by making an enquiry and not following up with an offer.

I find that totally bizzare.

sweetie wrote: »
    Already have that ****e!

There are ways you know...I see you already have the internet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

See ya in the match threads people,looking forward to our first league meeting already :)
    0_good_luck_cow_girl.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Read elsewhere that Jol is complaining that Liverpool have showed bad form by making an enquiry and not following up with an offer.

Most people have said we made more than one bid with Adam included. Maybe that's what he's p*ssed off at!

Id love to know what they price him at. It can only be that now that's stopping it i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Let this be the final nail .
    @DuncanCastles: Nuri Sahin has informed #RMCF that his preference for a season loan to the Premier League would be Arsenal. #AFC http://t.co/h9gzN90W

Leiva wrote: »
    Let this be the final nail .

Cautious optimism was downgraded to 'vageuely hopeful' since this morning. No change after reading that.

I think we've known of his preference for Arsenal (from better Twiter sources) for a few days. If Liverpool were his preference he'd have signed up by now. The real question is whether his preference will have any bearing on what Real will let him do.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement