Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

Leiva wrote: »
    Let this be the final nail .

Someone else will say different in about an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

uhhhhh
    Sahin believed to have said this to hurry loan move to #LFC #THEDAILYBS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

El Spearo wrote: »
    uhhhhh

Sahin believed to have said this to hurry loan move to #LFC #THEDAILYBS

Someone needs to explain that logic to me ? BS is right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Gmol wrote: »
    Bit thoughtless of fulham to stir it up today though with him. Think he will sign for us and they're getting desperate

Thats a pretty warped and entitled viewpoint!

He's there bloody player!
    ~Rebel~ wrote: »
    "They touched me here...and here...and...here..."

Haha very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Well dempseys fee should be nicely reduced now, we'd be mad now to throw in a bid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Sorry if also posted but Liverpoolfc.tv's 'top 10 facts about Assaidi':

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/10-facts-about-oussama-assaidi

In particular:
    9. His FIFA 2012 profile gives him 91/100 for acceleration, 90/100 for agility and 86/100 dribbling. The area he needs to work on - if the football console is to be believed - is slide tackling, at which they rate him 24/100.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

noodler wrote: »
    Thats a pretty warped and entitled viewpoint!

He's there bloody player!

Haha very good.

Exactly. Dempsey is still their player and they are entitled to ask for what they want and play it how they like.
    I seem to remember how annoyed people were with Mascherano when he didn't play against Man City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Well dempseys fee should be nicely reduced now, we'd be mad now to throw in a bid

Offer them Adam or Cole or 5 million take it or leave it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

Adam and cole

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

noodler wrote: »
    Sorry if also posted but Liverpoolfc.tv's 'top 10 facts about Assaidi':

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/10-facts-about-oussama-assaidi

In particular: 9. His FIFA 2012 profile gives him 91/100 for acceleration, 90/100 for agility and 86/100 dribbling. The area he needs to work on - if the football console is to be believed - is slide tackling, at which they rate him 24/100.

That four and a half star rating is in the bag, lads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

make of it what you will, these lads seem serious about conveying some sort of legit information.Can't find anything online about it but maybe skysports sources will have it in a min.

Transfer Clockwatch ‏@TransferClock
    Adam Johnson has handed in his transfer request, with a number of clubs interested! #MCFC #LFC #WHUFC

I honestly can't understand all the people flaming Dempsey we have had players who wanted out and we sold . Its about time we saw a player do it to join us .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,052 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I honestly can't understand all the people flaming Dempsey we have had players who wanted out and we sold . Its about time we saw a player do it to join us .

Being on the other side of the issue doesn't make the issue itself any less despicable.

I don't have a problem with Dempsey making it clear to his club that he wants to leave, but refusing to play is not on I think. His abilities are contracted to them for a lot of money. The success he's had with them, while under their payroll, is the reason he even has the opportunity to move to a bigger club. Incredibly disrespectful to simply refuse to work for your employer when it doesn't look like they've done anything wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Refusing to play is a ***** trick

Being on the other side of the issue doesn't make the issue itself any less despicable.

I don't have a problem with Dempsey making it clear to his club that he wants to leave, but refusing to play is not on I think. His abilities are contracted to them for a lot of money. The success he's had with them, while under their payroll, is the reason he even has the opportunity to move to a bigger club. Incredibly disrespectful to simply refuse to work for your employer when it doesn't look like they've done anything wrong.

I do agree with you in what you are saying but I would like to know more about them tweets . I would say Fulham know he is gone and are trying to drive a hard bargain but they can't really so they are trying everything to drive the price up . The whole fining him for not playing could be aload of rubbish we just don't know at this stage . I really would like to hear Dempsey's side of the story .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

I heard Sahin is going to Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Refusing to play is a ***** trick

Lads, I lean towards him being wrong for refusing to play, but none of us now what has happened or what was said to him particularly by Jol who I think could be difficult to deal with.

I heard Sahin is going to Arsenal.

Think Jol seems like a gent myself.

There may be two sides to the story though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Think Jol seems like a gent myself.

Might be a nice guy...hangs out with some suspicious people though.

sopranjosf.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Any truth in Sahin rumour ?

Vanolder wrote: »
    Any truth in Sahin rumour ?

In some of them, plenty of truth - in others, not so much :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

This Dempsey saga is reminding me of something from the last two seasons. Some club was rumoured to be interested in a player. When the player got wind of it, he threw a wobbler and refused to play. The interested party questioned the player's character and went cold on the deal. Can someone remind me who it was? Was it Zamora and Fulham?

ush wrote: »
    This Dempsey saga is reminding me of something from the last two seasons. Some club was rumoured to be interested in a player. When the player got wind of it, he threw a wobbler and refused to play. The interested party questioned the player's character and went cold on the deal. Can someone remind me who it was? Was it Zamora and Fulham?

Perhaps you are thinking of Mark Hughes giving his notice at Fulham to take the job at Aston Villa and Randy Lerner was not impressed and dropped his interest in Hughes?

Heres a new one

Adam Johnson has handed in his transfer request, with a number of clubs interested! #MCFC #LFC #WHUFC

amiable wrote: »
    Perhaps you are thinking of Mark Hughes giving his notice at Fulham to take the job at Aston Villa and Randy Lerner was not impressed and dropped his interest in Hughes?

Thats it. Thanks. It was a manager and not a player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

gaelicred wrote: »
    Heres a new one

top of previous page :P ;)

stick-dan wrote: »
    top of previous page :P ;)

Sorry playing catch up:p

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

delw wrote: »

Let me guess without watching. Dream come true, privilege, one of the biggest clubs in europe, great fans, etc?

• Advertisement

Heres a new one

That would be Downing and Johnson competing for the same slot. He's faster than Downing, but I'm still slightly underwhelmed by the prospect of him joining LFC.

Can someone tell me why I should be excited? :D

ush wrote: »
    That would be Downing and Johnson competing for the same slot. He's faster than Downing, but I'm still slightly underwhelmed by the prospect of him joining LFC.

Can someone tell me why I should be excited? :D
    Cant think of a single reason maybe he could give you good tips on the horses:D

On Johnson
    Yeah, I mean, he has undoubted talent in there somewhere, but for me, there's just something...off...about him.

One thing that will always stick in my mind is that he was facing up against John Flanagan on Flanagan's debut start, and he didn't get a sniff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

On Johnson
    Yeah, I mean, he has undoubted talent in there somewhere, but for me, there's just something...off...about him.

One thing that will always stick in my mind is that he was facing up against John Flanagan on Flanagan's debut start, and he didn't get a sniff.

I'm pretty sure he played on the left that night, and no one could understand why he didn't switch.

There is something not quite right about him.

our new guy looks a similar style winger, can't see us going for Johnson too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

5starpool wrote: »
    Let me guess without watching. Dream come true, privilege, one of the biggest clubs in europe, great fans, etc?
    As good as apart from
    "I signed today for one of the biggest clubs in the world." :)

How much would City want for him and then there are his wages

I'm pretty sure he played on the left that night, and no one could understand why he didn't switch.

Yeah, Johnson played left wing, so was against Flanagan (at right back), and he was just anonymous. Flanagan himself had a great game, but wasn't under anywhere near as much pressure as he should have been. And as you say, one would have expected City to move their players around so Flanagan would have to deal with different threats, and likely get overwhelmed, but they just stuck with a non-entity on our weakest defensive player. Was very strange indeed.

Yeah, Johnson played left wing, so was against Flanagan (at right back), and he was just anonymous. Flanagan himself had a great game, but wasn't under anywhere near as much pressure as he should have been. And as you say, one would have expected City to move their players around so Flanagan would have to deal with different threats, and likely get overwhelmed, but they just stuck with a non-entity on our weakest defensive player. Was very strange indeed.

I meant right. I don't know what's wrong with me

Tony barrett says Liverpool no longer interested in Dempsey

• Advertisement

Pep segura has quit lfc according to Barrett

Pep Segura has quit Liverpool

Em, that's ****ing horrendous news?! :(

And that's the Dempsey thing done & dusted.

Is that a question?

Wonder why he quit:(

Expecting a promotion that didn't come

• Advertisement

Wonder why he quit:(

A better offer elsewhere ? - that normally works

Expecting a promotion that didn't come

Just read that

Nothing like good news a few hours before the season starts

Is that a question?

More confused shock to be honest!

And that's the Dempsey thing done & dusted.

RODGERS OUT.

THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement