Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Ex Liverpool *Player El Hadj Diouf set to come on for Leeds :D. Getting lots of boos :)

* I used that word loosely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Ex Liverpool *Player El Hadj Diouf set to come on for Leeds :D. Getting lots of boos :)

* I used that word loosely

The worst number 9 at the club during my lifetime to date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Kess73 wrote: »

Anelka or Diouf, great call Ged...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

A truly despicable player.

A truly despicable player.

A vile player on and off the pitch during his Liverpool career anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Shown up entirely by Dirk Kuyt's latest tweet. Diggler is still pure class

Yep. Spitting at the Celtic fan? I looked like this :eek: for a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Shown up entirely by Dirk Kuyt's latest tweet. Diggler is still pure class

What was this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

joe123 wrote: »
    What was this?

Here...

I'd like to wish my former team LFC,my former team mates and of course the new manager Brendan Rogers all the best for the season. Y.N.W.A

Yep. Spitting at the Celtic fan? I looked like this :eek: for a week.

he had a number of spitting incidents to his name while at Liverpool, both on and off the pitch.

His most recent spitting incident came last season at Doncaster.

Wonder how long he will last at Leeds before some on or off pitch antics or another arrest.

• Advertisement

he had a number of spitting incidents to his name while at Liverpool, both on and off the pitch.

Wonder how long he will last at Leeds before some on or off pitch antics or another arrest.

He`s still spitting? Jesus...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

Liverpool: Reina, Johnson, Kelly, Agger, Skrtel, Lucas, Allen, Gerrard, Downing, Borini, Suarez. Subs: Jones, Adam, Henderson, Shelvey, Carroll, Carragher, Cole

That's the team and sub's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

Cole on the bench is disappointing, but happy with the starting XI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Didn't he spit at a little kid at one stage? Vague memory of it.
    Pure scumbag all together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Ape X wrote: »
    Cole on the bench in the squad is disappointing, but happy with the starting XI.

FYP :P

bubblefett wrote: »
    Didn't he spit at a little kid at one stage? Vague memory of it.
    Pure scumbag all together

That was the ballboy or mascot incident where he started making comments about the kid being white. Was alleged during his time at Liverpool that he had a habit of singling out any white ballboy and that he would use terms like white boy, cracker etc when he wanted a ball thrown to him. Then a few years later there was a complaint put against him when Blackburn played Everton that he had done his "white boy" routine to either a mascot or ballboy, and his response/defence was to claim that there were bananas being thrown at him throughout the game yet no tv camera could find any shot of a banana being thrown at any point during the game and Diouf then refused to make an official statement to Merseyside police after they looked into the banana claim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Think people are going to have to get over Cole. Looks like he'll be here this season.

The fuppin grasshole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Anyone ever streamed on an iPad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

No Sterling. Injured?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

wba looking excellent! tic y taka!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

downing on the right - great idea. he can cut in and actually shoot!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Oscorp

downing on the right - great idea. he can cut in and actually shoot!

There's a match thread fella http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056729280&page=4

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

José Mourinho on his press conference has just confirmed that Nuri Şahin will leave on loan and there won't be any buy-out clause

This may suit Liverpool IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Oscorp wrote: »

I think he knows well

Knives already coming out in the match thread for Rodgers and various players after only 45 minutes of play.

Really shows how much of a joke the tag of the most knowledgeable supporters in the game is for many Liverpool supporters. You just get the impression that it is more important for some "supporters" to see certain players or the manager do badly during the game than it is for them to see the team fight back to get a result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Shankly Gates

The fans in the crowd started the *clap**clap**clap* DALGLISH chant as soon as the Pool kicked off after the goal.

The fans in the crowd started the *clap**clap**clap* DALGLISH chant as soon as the Pool kicked off after the goal.

Yeah the home fans have been doing so since early the first half and well before the goal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Jesus the negative lads will be loving this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Its going to be like Christmas for LL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Looking at the positives, this is a big root up the arse in advance of some massive home games. Should also leave the hierarchy in no doubt that the squad could use investment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Yay Joe Cole coming on he can do it :D

I despair at some of the posts in the match thread.

One poster criticized Joe Allen for giving away the ball "more than once" during the first half and when someone posted Opta stats saying that Allen had indeed completed 34 out of 35 passes (97% success rate) in the opening 45 the same poster then actually suggested that Allen should give away the ball more often by attempting more killer passes.

I'm not watching the game. What players aren't good enough and need sold/dropped now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Looking at the positives, this is a big root up the arse in advance of some massive home games. Should also leave the hierarchy in no doubt that the squad could use investment.

Lloyd comes in and confuses the sh1t out of everyone with a positive post. Good man Lloyd. :D

Edit: He does make a good point though. I hope the owners are of the same opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Knives already coming out in the match thread for Rodgers and various players after only 45 minutes of play.

Lucky Lloyd and Mr Alan will bring chainsaws now I expect.

Quite a ludicrous turn of events by any stretch of the imagination but the manager will get the blame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

mike65 wrote: »
    Quite a ludicrous turn of events by any stretch of the imagination but the manager will get the blame.

Mike, I don't make knee jerk reactions. My opinion remains entirely unchanged.

Idiotic knee jerk opinions are more your thing.

And in other good news Alex Kacaniklic, former Liverpool youngster used as a makeweight in the Paul Konchesky deal, scored for Fulham today. Impressed for Fulham last season towards the end of the season.

Cheers Roy!

Don't think those two will to be honest.

Nah it won't be those 2. It will be the idiots in the match thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

Braces yourselves,after this match the doomsayers will be here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Agger's sending off today was idiotic. What the fúck was he thinking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Don't like being in the relegation zone, even just on day 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Melion wrote: »
    I'm not watching the game. What players aren't good enough and need sold/dropped now?

Carra (no speed), Downing (no spine), Cole (no hamstring) all need to go - no arguments but then we all know that. Trouble is all are utterly unsellable, though I'd say "sod the balance/**** the amortization" and just cancel their contracts!

Carra (no speed), Downing (no spine), Cole (no hamstring) all need to go - no arguments but then we all know that. Trouble is all are utterly unsellable, though I'd say "sod the balance/**** the amortization" and just cancel their contracts!

Harsh on Downing.

And Cole & Carra's involvement falls at the feet of the manager. Carra is fine as a 4th choice CB, talk of terminating contracts is ridiculous with him. Cole should have had his contract terminated long before Aquilani.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,278 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Given our next 4 fixtures, this was a must win. The pressure will come on everyone at Anfield alot sooner than I would have hoped for.

anirishlad wrote: »
    Braces yourselves,after this match the doomsayers will be here.

Well the usual WUMs are at play in the match thread along with a WUM thread in the footy forum that is being ignored by the still online footy mod. Same old stuff being allowed this season I guess.

Gerrard has been the worst player on the pitch today by the way.

Congrats to Steve Clarke. Hope he succeeds at WBA, fantastic start for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

This result won't do anything for luring Sahin to us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

That bench worried me today tbh. With Downing starting there's always a chance you'll have to take him off, so why was there no other wide option n the bench?

Carra being third choice is something that's been gnawing away at me all Summer too. He's completely and utterly past it, can barely run, can't pass or control the ball under any pressure and never wins a header. He's become an embarrassment to himself and the team and it's depressing to see.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement