Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,540 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

8-10 wrote: »
    I actually think Jose Reina played well

OK I`ll give you reina.
    Still we should not be in a position that Reina is having a stormer keeping the score 0-3 rather than 0-6 or 0-7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

Allen looked composed enough, and I think he'll do well for us. But jaysus, there were some dire performances out there. Well and truly played off the park at the end.

One thing is for sure, the next few days will show how good Brendan is at the old man-management/psychology side of the game. If memory serves, Swansea reacted well after heavy defeats last season, but there's different expectations and pressure at Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Only 1 point behind Arsenal lads!

#stillintouch

Yeah but not with reality!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

niallo27 wrote: »
    They didnt though, they have put **** all money into transfers.

I remember a lot of players coming in for big money since they have come in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

They didnt though, they have put **** all money into transfers.

Net spend of more than £40 million in less than 2 years is decent without CL football. The club is funding it's own transfers (as it should). The owners shouldn't need to spend their own money on transfers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

ft9 wrote: »
    Next year is our year.

Too right lad. Get the boom and bust cycle out of the way on the opening day and we can start concentrating on next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Not happy the manager said we will have more days like this!!!

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers, following his side's 3-0 defeat at West Brom: "The sending off and penalties were very, very harsh I felt. Some of the decisions went against us. We will have more days like this along the way, that is the reality, but I could not ask many more from the players. They have given me everything. We had some chances but West Brom took full advantage of the extra man.

"There were some good moments today but it was a day when everything went against us really. We just have to move on. We won't win every day. Today was a period of learning for us and we were not happy with some of the decisions, but we have to move on."

you're guaranteed to get bigger thumpings than that this season because of the system rodgers is trying to implement. villa will be the same, we'll get a few 5 or 6 nil hammerings because we're changing how we play. the key for both sets of fans is to suck it up and accept that change means bad performances, and if you want something done right you'll have to grin and bear it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Borini offered nothing.
    Suarez missed more sitters and this should not be ignored.
    Gerrard was very poor and didn't seem to give a sh1te.
    Downing continued his form from last season.
    Allen was meh but it was his first time playing for us.
    Kelly was poor.
    Rodgers decision to have Joe Cole on the bench was ridiculous and blew right up in his face.
    Rodgers bringing on Joe Cole for Lucas was the worst decision i have ever seen a manager make in my life, and i include Hodgson in that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

If only Rafa & Dalglish had of gotten the same support & backing that people heap on FSG :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

el dude wrote: »
    Maybe i have this wrong, are you blaming FSG from our performance today?

'Blame' isnt a word that describes it. I dont believe they have the first idea about football, its a bit like blaming a pint of Guinness because it has a white creamy head. They would be decent diplomats because there is no substance to them at all imo. Ian Ayre is also savagely out of his depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭cianisgood

Can I just say that second penalty was a complete feckin dive by long. I'm raging

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Rodgers bringing on Joe Cole for Lucas was the worst decision i have ever seen a manager make in my life, and i include Hodgson in that.

I was really scratching my head at that one alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

Mr Alan wrote: »
    If only Rafa & Dalglish had of gotten the same support & backing that people heap on FSG :(

LoL, what support? It's the opening day People will be calling for Rodger's head before Christmas.

I agree with you about Rafa btw but Kenny nearly wrecked the club last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

jenno86 wrote: »
    I remember a lot of players coming in for big money since they have come in.
    Net spend of more than £40 million in less than 2 years is decent without CL football. The club is funding it's own transfers (as it should). The owners shouldn't need to spend their own money on transfers

A lot of big money players have gone out as well, is it 40 million i would have thought it was a lot less than than that.

A lot of big money players have gone out as well, is it 40 million i would have thought it was a lot less than than that.

40 million on transfer fees.

The wage bill has been cut (out of necessity, because Liverpool's finances as of a year ago were £35 million in the red)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Joe Cole really blew whatever chance he had a making something out of the rest of his career. Should never wear the red of Liverpool again. A disgrace of a man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

id say the wage bill has been hugely reduced though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,497 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

3 in midfield not going to work if other team plays 4 -5 and dominates
    Might be ok at Swansea as your looking to finish midtable, But we need to not lose games,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

The wage bill has been slashed by a considerable amount too, and FSG are very eager to talk up the great sponsorship deals and "commercial partnerships" we're forming. Quite simply, I believe there should have been more money for Rodgers this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

CL7 wrote: »
    LoL, what support? It's the opening day People will be calling for Rodger's head before Christmas.

I agree with you about Rafa btw but Kenny nearly wrecked the club last season.

What by giving us two great days out in wembly, I live for days like that.

• Advertisement

hefferboi wrote: »
    Joe Cole really blew whatever chance he had a making something out of the rest of his career. Should never wear the red of Liverpool again. A disgrace of a man.

manager put him on,
    Manager put him on bench,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Facebook notifications: 5 people have posted on your time line. Ugh. I already know what they all say, Haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Oscorp

but Kenny nearly wrecked the club last season.

Hicks, Gillett, Moores and Parry wrecked the club. Kenny Dalglish guided it towards silverware.

manager put him on,

gave the player a chance.
    Player fcuked him and the club over.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Not at all. Once a game is over, then whatever happened in it is fair game imho. There were positives from todays game, but also plenty of negatives not least the kicking of a result.

If you think certain things are worthy of a coment then go for it. At least you are the type that will back up a point and debate your opinion, and not the type that will be in the match thread slagging off Liverpool players before the team was even a goal down.

I dont have time right now to go through it all, maybe during the week. Id just go on a total rant :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Allen and Reina are only ones who come out of that shambles with any credit.

If FSG and Rodgers were under any illusions about how far behind we've slipped they shouldn't have them now. Also Suarez wonderful and all a player as he is needs a poacher to finish what he creates, he can't do it all himself. We need a No9 badly ( and no Carroll is not it and Borini is going to need time to settle)

Right now my expectations are so low if we have 3points after 4 games I'll be happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

hefferboi wrote: »
    gave the player a chance.
    Player fcuked him and the club over.

Joe Cole hasn't been deserving of chances in some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

Forget the past, Hicks Gillette ,Kenny, Parry,

Time for the now, We are about to find out what Rodgers is truly made of,
    Can he show his worth,
    Cole on,,, ouch,,,

Hope he can progress as a manager,,,,,,,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Right now my expectations are so low if we have 3points after 4 games I'll be happy.

We should be dogs in each of the next four matches so any win would be welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Kenny nearly wrecked the club last season.

keyboard-smash-o.gif

Mr Alan wrote: »
    I was really scratching my head at that one alright

He is trying to sell him, its like the day Kenny picked Poulsen and Jovanovic to play Blackpool in the January window as soon as he got the job, they were that bad on the day he dare not do it again.

darced wrote: »

But they both completed 97% of there passes!! ( to each other lol ) Yay for
    stats, Shame they don't put points on the table, !

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

I thought Allen did well today compared to the rest of our midfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Disappointed with that but felt they were playing well up to the penalty.

Game plan went out the window with the sending off which you just can't legislate for (Correct decision by ref though).

2nd penalty was wrong in my opinion but need to see it again.

Full marks to WBA who were really up to it an deserved their win.

Usual over-reaction in here but new manager is introducing a new system and these type of results can happen.

Reaction now is very important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,678 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

i had a brilliant first post as a forum member, but deleted it and opened a can instead:D . just so unimpressed with any thing we had to offer (though i only saw last 30 mins) so my critique will have to wait till later then hell hath no fury !!!

compared to the rest of the team who were effective?

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

Well Captain Fantastic was the worst player on the pitch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

manager put him on,

Last season when certain players were shyte and people blamed Kenny for picking the player, there were quite a few that defended Kenny with talk about how a manager cannot be blamed if a player puts in a shyte shift during the actual game and that it should be the player who gets blamed.

Today we seem to be seeing the manager getting blamed for picking the player (this I would agree with) but also the manager being blamed for the performances of players when on the pitch.

We are one game into the league season. A season after the club one of it's worst performing league seasons in a long time. What exactly do people want after one game? Lots of shouting about sacking the manager?

Where were the senior players today? The ones that some people claim are top class? The ones that woulddie for the club?

I saw a lot of hiding from some of those today. If anyone on the pitch should be a target for people's ire it should be some of the so called big names.

The manager is to blame for some of today, no doubt about that and no arguement from me on that, but the likes of Gerrard were a joke today. No leadership, no captain of worth, no spine, no courage, no game intelligence.

Maybe the way Rodgers wants the team to play will be proven to be ineffective, or maybe, just maybe, some of our supposedly talented players just are not good enough or intelligent enough to adapt. Time will tell.

What we do need is another two players in the team, as the weak links from last season's team are still very obvious both on the pitch and on the bench.

It's going to be a very steep learning curve for Rodgers, but I dare say it will prove to be just as steep for the supporters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

daithijjj wrote: »
    I dont have time right now to go through it all, maybe during the week. Id just go on a total rant :pac:

Be it a rant or reasoned I would read it. Even when I disagree strongly with your posts I tend to like reading them because you can debate a point, and you will always elaborate as to why you lean one way or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭skydish79

The 1st half started both teams looking bright

When it settled down we looked comfortable in possession - we created a couple of chances

The goal they scored dont think we could have done anything about it

We started and dominated possession again for the first 10 minutes of second half

The 2 penalties were definite - agger pushed long - but after reina saving it, it should have given us a bit of belief

The second penalty skertle was too causal - long hassled him and skertle didnt know he was there and kicked him

Thats when it started to look really bad - we were opened up really easily, looked as if the players lost their confidence -

Good players - allen, suarez, lucas ( but we do need another striker if carroll isnt gonna be included in rodgers plans)

Any illusions I had of Gerrard playing a major role this season went out the window. Sahin is a must or another attacking midfielder.

Was one of the best players in the first half without doubt.

Did you see the match? Allen,Kelly,Borini,Downing,Lucas,Skrtel,Carragher were dire.[/Quote]

You haven't a clue

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭EchoO

The owners shouldn't need to spend their own money on transfers

I actually do expect them to spend some of their own money. I'm not expecting a Man City or a Chelsea type situation, but they need to put some funds towards transfers. Yes, we should be grateful they cleared the debts and they have made improvements to the commercial revenues but we are right back to Moore's level of spending. The club was sold in the first place because Moore didn't have the money to move the club forward i.e money for transfers and a new stadium . An investment in players is needed to get the club back in the top four.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

pathetic performance :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Rafa Rafael,Rafa Rafael, Rafa Rafael, Rafael Benitez!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement