Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Did Rodgers stick the the same formation all the time last season...or did he change it up at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

My money is on Adam, lookin well sheepish.

LIVERPOO.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

hefferboi wrote: »
    No, the way I see it he knows we want to get rid of him and he won't get 100k anywhere else. I don't like saying a player let on he was injured but thats what it looked like to me.

Second time in two weeks that he has developed an injury. I woinder will he have just as quick a miracle recovery from today's injury as he did with the Europa league one?

Even Rodgers seems concerned/bemused how a player can be passed fit twice in close succession and still have to come off injured. We must have some really bad people checking the player's fitness or the player has something wrong with him (physical or mental)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Joe Cole really blew whatever chance he had a making something out of the rest of his career. Should never wear the red of Liverpool again. A disgrace of a man.

Know him personally do you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Harry Kewell used to do the same thing for ye lot didn't he? Must be something to do with over the hill wingers. I seem to recall him ducking out of a champions league final with a nothing injury.....as if the occassion just got to him.

Same thing with Cole? Or is he genuinelly just crocked? Time will tell I suppose.

• Advertisement

daithijjj wrote: »
    My money is on Adam, lookin well sheepish.

LIVERPOO.gif

Hopefully a parting gift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I'm no fan of the man but he suffered an injury, there's nothing he can do about that.

No, the way I see it he knows we want to get rid of him and he won't get 100k anywhere else. I don't like saying a player let on he was injured but thats what it looked like to me.
    I think that's a tad unfair to suggest he faked an injury. I listened to the interview he did with 5live and he genuinely sounded excited by the opportunity of a fresh start with a manager that knows him and believes in him. I don't think he would be so scummy as to fake an injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

I thought Jon Jo should have got a game today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I think that's a tad unfair to suggest he faked an injury. I listened to the interview he did with 5live and he genuinely sounded excited by the opportunity of a fresh start with a manager that knows him and believes in him. I don't think he would be so scummy as to fake an injury.

He came off in the recent Europa league game as well, and was pointing at his hamstring but afterwards the club medical team could find nothing wrong.

Then as Rodgers said he was passed fully fit again before this game, and within minutes he is pointing at the hamstring again.

He also did the same thing a number of times in the second half of his loan last season. he would go on as a sub and within minutes was pointing at his hammy but after no problems could be found.

Now it could be a mental thing just as easily as him faking it, but either way it seems odd that he seems to be having hamstring problems that club medics cannot find, and then after being passed fit he is pointing at his hammy within minutes of being on the pitch.

If it is a genuine mental or physical problem then we are back to him being a waste of a bench or squad place if he cannot go onto a pitch for more than a few minutes for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

gaelicred wrote: »
    I thought Jon Jo should have got a game today
    Nevin?

• Advertisement

cloptrop wrote: »
    Nevin?
    He couldn't have done any worse:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,497 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Pardew just assaulted official
    Sent to stands, ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Kess73 wrote: »

He came off in the recent Europa league game as well, and was pointing at his hamstring but afterwards the club medical team could find nothing wrong.

Then as Rodgers said he was passed fully fit again before this game, and within minutes he is pointing at the hamstring again.

He also did the same thing a number of times in the second half of his loan last season. he would go on as a sub and within minutes was pointing at his hammy but after no problems could be found.

Now it could be a mental thing just as easily as him faking it, but either way it seems odd that he seems to be having hamstring problems that club medics cannot find, and then after being passed fit he is pointing at his hammy within minutes of being on the pitch.

If it is a genuine mental or physical problem then we are back to him being a waste of a bench or squad place if he cannot go onto a pitch for more than a few minutes for us.
    Well that is worrying that he has form. I don't know, maybe it's just me being soft, but I'd hate to think someone could do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Well that is worrying that he has form. I don't know, maybe it's just me being soft, but I'd hate to think someone could do that.

There were rumours about lack of confidence and unresolved physical ailments during the second half of his first season when he couldn't get on the bench.

Just a big far waste of money since he joined the club unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    There were rumours about lack of confidence and unresolved physical ailments during the second half of his first season when he couldn't get on the bench.

Just a big far waste of money since he joined the club unfortunately.

Should just pay off his contract and tell him gtfo. Not worth having around to be honest.

Should just pay off his contract and tell him gtfo. Not worth having around to be honest.

I was called crazy for advocating a hard-line approach with him earlier in the summer...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Aidric wrote: »
    Know him personally do you?

No, I'm judging him on what he's done for this club so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Pardew just assaulted official
    Sent to stands, ha

Relevance to Liverpool?

murpho999 wrote: »
    Relevance to Liverpool?

He scored That goal in the FA cup semi final.

I would not put faking injury passed him,
    He has so much to lose if they get him out in this transfer window,

He will never get paid what he is been paid at liverpool
    Or will he ever play for a club of Liverpools size again,

He wants to stay put, AT ALL COSTS,

And would we not all do the same? I Know most would,
    Up to club to come to settlement with him,

But he was on bench today? OMG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Grayditch wrote: »
    Don't like being in the relegation zone, even just on day 1.

And we're fairly likely, even we don't play have as ****e as that, to stay there until October given what an awful run of fixtures we've got lined up.

Watching that ****e with the most horrendous hangover was bad juju.

That second penalty was absolute bull****. I think a player should have to break some sort of rule to be punished. Skrtel was just running and Long ran into him and fell over.

It's like if you dive at someones feet head-first to try and head the ball. It's your own fault if you get a kick in the head.

I ****ing hate Phil Dowd. I especially hate his face. I was hoping somebody might flip out and knock him the **** out but that's how I always feel when he's officiating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I would not put faking injury passed him,
    He has so much to lose if they get him out in this transfer window,

He will never get paid what he is been paid at liverpool
    Or will he ever play for a club of Liverpools size again,

He wants to stay put, AT ALL COSTS,

And would we not all do the same? I Know most would,
    Up to club to come to settlement with him,

But he was on bench today? OMG

What age are you? Your posts read funny.

Relevance to Liverpool?

None, why i did not go into , only passed a comment,lol
    But was funny to see him push him to the ground, then get on top of him and punch him several times, Turns out it was offside, Embarrassing,:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I was called crazy for advocating a hard-line approach with him earlier in the summer...

Thats because it was ****ing retarded LL

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Like O/M/G totally
    I was born at a very young age,

Mr Alan wrote: »

Like OMG stop, like, slagging him lol1!!11! Totes not on maaan.

What I don't get is that if I was consistently crap at my job I would be pulled up on it , have to go through a HR process, receive warnings and eventually would be sacked without a payoff.

In football it just seems to be the opposite.

Players given massive contracts with guaranteed money and no recourse for club for non-performance. Just not right.

Anything from Twitter to make us more depressed:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Yeah, it still exists.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Very poor today. The only players I thought did well were Reina and Allen.

Joe Cole
    I know, you know, Rodgers knows, and the dog on the street knows that he isn't worth a fack. Unfortunately, every other club knows this as well. He is also on ridiculous wages which dashes any hopes of moving him on. Complaining about him is pointless really, we are stuck with him, end of story.

Skrtel
    There is a myth going around that Skrtel is a very good player unless he plays alongside Carragher. Today he played alongside Agger, one of the best defenders in the world and played a part in both penalties.

Less of the Carragher hate as well lads, he isn't as poor as ye try to make out and has also contributed enough to the club that deserves respect.

Suarez
    Played a big part in the reason we lost. We could have been one or two up only for his poor finishing. I think we are in bad need of a striker that can finish and contribute 15+ goals in a league season. Maybe even switch Borini and Suarez.

I think it will be interesting to compare our passing stats to those of the Swansea players last season, how did Lucas compare to Britton, Gerrard to Sigurdsson etc.

You asked:
    Football Jokes ‏@Footy_Jokes
    What is the difference between Liverpool and Triangle? Triangle has 3 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Yes:

Trendsmap Liverpool: #sackrodgers is now trending in #Liverpool http://trendsmap.com/gb/liverpool

Also found this on Twitter
    Opta Liverpool ‏@OptaLiverpool
    89% - Liverpool had a pass completion at 89% vs WBA today, the best they've had since @EPLIndex started up (4 years ago). Progress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

djPSB wrote: »
    These cock ups that people speak of?

What exactly have they done wrong to date?

In no particular order ...

#1 Damien Comolli
    #2 Andy Carroll and associated fee
    #3 Operation young PL proven
    #4 sacking Kenny
    #5 hiring Rodgers
    #6 scrapping the DOF model to facilitate no.5
    #7 plan and communicate new DOF structure to include Segura then renege on same causing one of the best technical directors to quit the club
    #8 putting everything (and I mean everything) into the Brendan Rodgers basket and expecting the guy to turn everything he touches into Barca MKII

Shall I continue ? ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

I think you'll find operation Pl proven was a Comolli/Dalglish idea

• Advertisement

One game lads......only one game.

Call off the four horsemen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Also found this on Twitter

Days like this you really feel like packing twitter/optaStats in the fcking bin though.
    Usually i have time for stats but when i see that stat today i think "who gives a fck, we were roasted". Would be one hell of an optimist to take anything positive out of that game today.

Here's a slight cause for optimism if you want it: Arsenal held at home and, as i type, Spurs losing v Newcastle with a minute to go.

worst opening day defeat since 1937
    We played ****e that day to, I remember it well

Leiva wrote: »

#1 Damien Comolli
    #4 sacking Kenny
    #5 hiring Rodgers
    #7 plan and communicate new DOF structure to include Segura then renege on same causing one of the best technical directors to quit the club
    #8 putting everything (and I mean everything) into the Brendan Rodgers basket and expecting the guy to turn everything he touches into Barca MKII

Shall I continue ? ....

So basically every managerial decision from last 2 years.

1-3 caused by Kenny but you say it was mistake to sack him.

Then you find it wrong that Rodgers wants his own structure in place.

Days like this you really feel like packing twitter/optaStats in the fcking bin though.
    Usually i have time for stats but when i see that stat today i think "who gives a fck, we were roasted". Would be one hell of an optimist to take anything positive out of that game today.

Here's a slight cause for optimism if you want it: Arsenal held at home and, as i type, Spurs losing v Newcastle with a minute to go.

We didn't get roasted in the 1st half though.

Bad day yes, but no need for over-reaction.

It's the managers first game ffs.

• Advertisement

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19307253

Good insight,
    More days like this ahead,, Hmmm ok think that,
    Don't say it,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

1-3 caused by Kenny but you say it was mistake to sack him.
    Kenny did not hire Comolli.

Comolli went to Kenny and suggested Carroll - Kenny stupidly agreed to try, but the fee was negotiated and agreed by Comolli.

Young PL proven was an ethos and strategy that Comolli never stopped spouting about, so I have that against him .. rightly or wrongly?

#1 Damien Comolli
    #4 sacking Kenny
    #5 hiring Rodgers

Shall I continue ? ....

Okay I agree with hiring Comolli. and you can attribute points 2 and 3 with that.

Sacking Kenny, I didn't want it to happen but you can see the reasons why they did. You can also attribute points 2 and 3 to Kenny also.

Why are all fans so keen on a DOF system all of a sudden?

Hiring Rodgers is a risk, but I like him. Think he could do a job if given the time.

Really their biggest flaw was hiring Comolli, but I think they did it with good intentions. It's not like they did it with the aim to harm the club.

It's not like as if their like the Glazers riddling the club in debt.

They are not like the Arsenal owners draining every cent out of the squad into their own pockets.

There not like Abrohimivich picking the team and buying his own players he wants.

Overall I think they have the best interests of the club and fans at heart from what I have seen to date. They are trying to put a model in place to make the club self sufficient because we don't have the money of City and the likes.

Kenny did not hire Comolli.

Comolli went to Kenny and suggested Carroll - Kenny stupidly agreed to try, but the fee was negotiated and agreed by Comolli.

Young PL proven was an ethos and strategy that Comolli never stopped spouting about, so I have that against him .. rightly or wrongly?

Seriously, you're just talking sh1te.

Kenny's hands were all over the Carroll deal and all of last summers deals too.

As for Comoli, yes that was a mistake, FSG realised it and got rid of him, right decision as far as I'm concerned.

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    Yes:

Trendsmap Liverpool: #sackrodgers is now trending in #Liverpool http://trendsmap.com/gb/liverpool[/QUOTE]
    At least they are giving time to settle in then:D

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    Yes:

Trendsmap Liverpool: #sackrodgers is now trending in #Liverpool http://trendsmap.com/gb/liverpool[/QUOTE]
    At least they are giving time to settle in then:D

I'd say it's all Liverpool fans alright.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19307253

Good insight,
    More days like this ahead,, Hmmm ok think that,
    Don't say it,

2.05 Pressure there already,
    Voice breaking up, eyes looking watery ,
    He's hurting, Regardless of what he says,

Role on next week, Chance to put it right,

2.05 Pressure there already,
    Voice breaking up, eyes looking watery ,
    He's hurting, Regardless of what he says,

Role on next week, Chance to put it right,

That midfield against Man City won't be putting much right.

NukaCola wrote: »
    Thats because it was ****ing retarded LL

Really? We'll see how "retarded" you find it as the season ticks on and the full nature of his contribution reveals itself.

Was supposed to be off the drink tonight but just went and bought 8 cans after that result.

That said we started well and played some good football up until the sending off, both penalties were very dodgy imo the first was 95% dive and the second was crazy Long basically stuck his foot between the ball and Skrtel's foot how on earth is that a penalty. I think having Enrique back and Johnson on the right will help a lot. Kelly is a good defender and worked as more traditional right back but he isnt up to the role of right back in the Rodgers system.

It is also our first proper game in the new system. Had we managed to stick away a chance early things could have been very different. I'm worried about us from set pieces though as we are quite a small team now, this along with the fact we sent plenty of ball into the box ourselves today would make me think Carroll needs to be given a proper chance in this team. He would have scored the two headers Suarez missed today.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement