Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,497 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

West+Bromwich+Albion+v+Liverpool+-+Premier+League

Joe Cole,So smug

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Joe Cole,So smug
    My smile would be even bigger if i was getting a hundred grand a week to sit on my fat arse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

the Joe Cole hate is a bit over the top

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Had to watch that in an Irish pub surrounded by a Manc stag party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

murpho999 wrote: »
    gaelicred wrote: »
    Anything from Twitter to make us more depressed:D

You asked:
    Football Jokes ‏@Footy_Jokes
    What is the difference between Liverpool and Triangle? Triangle has 3 points
    I wouldn't start a new career as a comedian if I was that chap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

He isn't the only one smiling in that photo. Clearly he is laughing at a joke that had just been told....maybe Carrolll said that this would be their year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Kirby wrote: »
    He isn't the only one smiling in that photo. Clearly he is laughing at a joke that had just been told....maybe Carrolll said that this would be their year?

I doubt it, I think like some others he might not get that joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Kirby wrote: »

Maybe he's responsible for this:

LIVERPOO.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

ush wrote: »
    Had to watch that in an Irish pub surrounded by a Manc stag party.

I can beat that mate.

Watched the game in a small Spanish village. Nice pub. Surrounded by West Brom fans. I think I've met about 3 WBA fans in my life (outside of the place)

They were pretty perplexed by Cole as well. One of those lads seemed to know his football and in his words Cole has no ****ing bottle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Realistically, if we had a Torres in his prime up front today instead of Suarez, he would have got a hat trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Really? We'll see how "retarded" you find it as the season ticks on and the full nature of his contribution reveals itself.

I dont like Joe Cole. I dont think he should be near our squad. But to do what you suggested with him though would really make me question why i support LFC.

Also nobody in their right mind would do it anyway, to even to think its a genuine option is as mad as a box of spiders!

djPSB wrote: »
    Realistically, if we had a Torres in his prime up front today instead of Suarez, he would have got a hat trick.

Dont start......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Likewise ian rush but he's pushing on these days.

If we keep comparing this team to the team form 3-4+ years ago we'd all go bat**** crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

Joe Cole,So smug
    Id be smug too if i was about to get 90 grand for 10 mins work

• Advertisement

Massive pinch of salt:

@jeremy_LFC
    Reports arising from Madrid stating Liverpool's discussions with Nuri Sahin since the morning today has been successful.

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Massive pinch of salt:

@jeremy_LFC
    After today i will believe it:D

Likewise ian rush but he's pushing on these days.

If we keep comparing this team to the team form 3-4+ years ago we'd all go bat**** crazy

Well I suppose the hint is we need someone who can finish.

Suarez had 3 or 4 good chances today and fluffed them all.

That will kill us over the course of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Melion wrote: »
    Now I didn't see the game but why are people slating Cole? How long was he on the pitch for? It was hardly his fault he got an injury.

He is appallingly bad in virtually every appearance that he makes.

Shortly after he came on today, he was close to the corner of the 18 yard box but stil the guys of 25/30 yards out. He has a few opposition players in front of him and a few team mates to his left. The glory hunting little **** decided to shoot when he absolutely no hope of scoring. It *only* cost us us possession but that sums up Joe Cole for us.

Sahin and a striker and I'd be happy.

Move Suarez onto the wing.

• Advertisement

We still need a centre forward if we're going to bench or sell Carroll. Suarez and Borini in Wing Forward roles with a reasonably tall, decent finisher in the centre (yes, Torres, but that ship has sailed) and we'll be alright.

All complaints about Joe Cole should be sent directly to Woy Hodgson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭atilladehun

It still hurts to see a Torres at liverpool goal montage

We still need a centre forward if we're going to bench or sell Carroll. Suarez and Borini in Wing Forward roles with a reasonably tall, decent finisher in the centre (yes, Torres, but that ship has sailed) and we'll be alright.

Yes the Torres ship has sailed but we haven't replaced it with another ship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Anything from Twitter to make us more depressed:D
    how's this for ye

Anfield Mole‏@AnfieldMole

So #spearing to #nffc for 3m great bit of business for us #lfc

Do we need Sahin or do we need another striker because suarez does his best work on the wing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

A little perspective perhaps ..
    Bill Shankly's words after his first game as a LIverpool FC manager in 4-0 loss vs Cardiff City http://t.co/NbEoiDoB #LFC -- MostarLFC (@MostarLFC)

Na **** it we're going down :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Meet the new boss same as the old boss?

I bet we will play a blinder against City next week then all the trolls will be loving BR:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Do we need Sahin or do we need another striker because suarez does his best work on the wing

Totally agree...he is not so good in space and when he has time. He works well under pressure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

What the hell is wrong with some people?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Devastated by our relegation today. Wait..what do you mean theres 37 games to go and we aren't already down??

Christ, the over-reaction here is unreal, it's the 1st game and pretty much everything went wrong. Lets see how it plays out over the season, before we consign Rodgers and the players to the dustbin.

On a more positive note, TV Real Madrid are reporting we are getting Sahin, the only thing to be decided is if its a loan or a transfer. Simon Clancy just retweeted it.

Swap Suarez with Borini. And get Sahin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

Sahin in the bag.............again

RT @soymadridista: It has been told from colleagues and employees, Nuri has picked up his locker and gone. Sahin goes to Liverpool

RT @TvRealMadridTv1 The new destination of Sahin is Liverpool. It remains to be decided whether by assignment or sale

razorblunt wrote: »
    Meet the new boss same as the old boss?

The more that things change
    The more they stay the same

Rush FTW

Hoki wrote: »

RT @soymadridista: It has been told from colleagues and employees, Nuri has picked up his locker and gone. Sahin goes to Liverpool

RT @TvRealMadridTv1 The new destination of Sahin is Liverpool. It remains to be decided whether by assignment or sale

Well im convinced :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

Don't think that's credible

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Thank god I was drinking for that. Actually had a laugh.

758 followers. 10 times more tweets than followers. It's not Real Madrid TV.

Lads, serious pinch of salt. Assume he's not coming unless you hear it CONFIRMED otherwise.

• Advertisement

Gmol wrote: »
    Don't think that's credible

Your right, cos its...
    Incredible :D

758 followers. 10 times more tweets than followers. It's not Real Madrid TV.

Lads, serious pinch of salt. Assume he's not coming unless you hear it CONFIRMED otherwise.

Why cant you let me dream!? Why!!

Benimar wrote: »
    Christ, the over-reaction here is unreal

Its what we do best. This thread should be called

Superthread Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours/overreaction Thread 12/13

Well I suppose the hint is we need someone who can finish.

Suarez had 3 or 4 good chances today and fluffed them all.

That will kill us over the course of the season.

Agree more effective on the wing.

Team id like to see v man city, a win by whatever means would be a great boost after today

reina-
    glenjo-skrtel-coates-enrique
    lucas-allen--
    gerrard/shelvey-
    suarez----borini
    assaidi

sterling on the bench and used too

Of course itll be cara starting and coates on the bench, I reckon carra almost pulls rodgers asides and nearly makes him play him :pac:

Team id like to see v man city, a win by whatever means would be a great boost after today

reina-
    lucas-allen--
    gerrard/shelvey-
    suarez----borini
    assaidi

Of course itll be cara starting and coates on the bench, I reckon carra almost pulls rodgers asides and nearly makes him play him :pac:

It's a game against Man City...we need Carra's experience.:rolleyes:

Turtyturd wrote: »

reina-
    lucas-allen--
    gerrard/shelvey-
    suarez----borini
    assaidi

It's a game against Man City...we need Carra's experience.:rolleyes:

But of course :D someone hasta keep aguaro at bay like

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Did Shelvey play against City last season or did I dream it?

Mixed feelings about today but I saw enough in order not to overly focus on the result.

NukaCola wrote: »
    Its what we do best. This thread should be called

Superthread Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours/overreaction Thread 12/13

On one hand, you see posts like this bashing some of the negative sentiments following the result today.

reina-
    lucas-allen--
    gerrard/shelvey-
    suarez----borini
    assaidi

Then you have posts like this that go beyond blind optimism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

I too would love to see Suarez not played as the central man of the front 3, a top quality natural striker would do wonders for this team with Suarez/Borini/Gerrard etc. feeding the play into him. Kess let me know the best man for the job and then get the chloroform ready.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

The silver lining is that we had 60% possession and a pass completion rate of 89% -- our highest in over 4 years.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement