Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

the guy roma signed to replace Borini looked very very good vs England in that friendly recently.

Destro

Destro.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

yeah. thats not the best picture of him though.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

And how did we miss out on a player like Michu for 2m and have Downing for 20m and Joe Cole whose hamstring cant hold out for two minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Sully34 wrote: »
    And how did we miss out on a player like Michu for 2m and have Downing for 20m and Joe Cole whose hamstring cant hold out for two minutes

If we signed him he wouldn't have scored today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Sully34 wrote: »

Why did you say something before today?!

• Advertisement

threr was actually a nice bit of talk about him on twitter before the game.

id never heard of him before. then boom, two goals.

thought he was a midfielder though? but he wears number 9?

jenno86 wrote: »
    Well I aint the one earning bundles as a scout eh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Cant understand why we didn't sign Petric either.

It was so obvious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

jenno86 wrote: »

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79774529&postcount=1818

Some of us did.

Opr

threr was actually a nice bit of talk about him on twitter before the game.

id never heard of him before. then boom, two goals.

thought he was a midfielder though? but he wears number 9?
    Yeah the lad scored 15 goals or so from midfield las season. A lot of clubs slipped up there but fair play to Swansea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

opr wrote: »

I thought i saw a mention of it somewhere! Sorry I forgot it was you! You need to start adding your name to your posts! :p

hefferboi wrote: »
    If we signed him he wouldn't have scored today.
    Yeah probably not. We need an out and out striker in between Suarez and Borini

Then where would Downing play? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

there was no excuse for some of the defending, as well as some of the giving up after the sending off from some of the players - mainly senior ones - but FFS, if Suarez could shoot straight, we'd have been talking about a very different result IMO.

he needs to cop the fúck on. he gets into such brilliant positions, but the wastefulness is starting to really, really bug the shít out of me.

also, Cole for Lucas was, indeed, up there as one of the stupidest substitutions I can ever remember.

a day to forget, but it has to be remembered that just about everything that did go wrong, could go wrong. going behind to a wonder goal, sitters missed, 2 penalties (at least one of them really soft), and possibly more I can't remember. it was horrible.

there will be more days like this, we have to be patient. i suspect many won't be though.

watched geras goal a good few times.

how the fack did johnson not block it. he was right there!

Then where would Downing play? :p

There is going to be wild celebrations when he gets either a goal or an assist in the league.

If you gave me 30 games on the wing for Liverpool, I am sure I would contribute more than him and Joe Cole put together.

And whats more, I wouldn't charge the club a penny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,497 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Its over, its all over,WHATS THE MATTER YOU!

haha.

i used to say about killer kilbane for ireland...

if we started a bottle of lucozade sport instead of kilbane it would be better for the team!!

Other players could could grab a drink and they wouldnt have him wasting the ball every single time!

Im guessing downing is something similar...

BUT, i actually think hell get a few goals if he keeps playing on the right wing

SlickRic wrote: »
    there was no excuse for some of the defending, as well as some of the giving up after the sending off from some of the players - mainly senior ones - but FFS, if Suarez could shoot straight, we'd have been talking about a very different result IMO.

he needs to cop the fúck on. he gets into such brilliant positions, but the wastefulness is starting to really, really bug the shít out of me.

also, Cole for Lucas was, indeed, up there as one of the stupidest substitutions I can ever remember.

a day to forget, but it has to be remembered that just about everything that did go wrong, could go wrong. going behind to a wonder goal, sitters missed, 2 penalties (at least one of them really soft), and possibly more I can't remember. it was horrible.

there will be more days like this, we have to be patient. i suspect many won't be though.

Was very similar to Spurs away at the beginning of last season.

Modric wonder goal. Skrtel sent off. Beat 4-0. Mind you, we didn't improve much after that.

Its over, its all over,WHATS THE MATTER YOU!

• Advertisement

Rocky about to kick ass on itv4

que the music,

Shame we don't play with such heart,

djPSB wrote: »
    Was very similar to Spurs away at the beginning of last season.

Modric wonder goal. Skrtel sent off. Beat 4-0. Mind you, we didn't improve much after that.

What? In our next ten games we won 7 and drew 3.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

SlickRic wrote: »

Lucas had been booked and the game was getting stretched. We were 2-0 down and there was no point in risking him for the Man City game. That, and he is only back from a serious injury.

We should have brought Shelvey on instead of Cole though

What? In our next ten games we won 7 and drew 3.

Opr

I meant the the league season in general.

It never really took off for us in the league.

This is what we missed today. If we had a player of this calibre up top, we would have won handy.

Well we did improve massively and we were right in contention for top 4 till Lucas got injured. Anyway it's well trodden ground and no point going over it all again.

Opr

Well we did improve massively and we were right in contention for top 4 till Lucas got injured. Anyway it's well trodden ground and no point going over it all again.

Opr

Exactly, onwards and upwards.

Striker needed badly though.

No i don't hate Man City, But i pity the fools, and i will destroy any team who tries to take what i got,
    Prediction,? Pain!!!!!

or this. Take note Luis.

• Advertisement

Sorry my first time reading it. What the **** happen with Segura?

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

The silver lining is that we had 60% possession and a pass completion rate of 89% -- our highest in over 4 years.

:)

Sorry my first time reading it. What the **** happen with Segura?

Opr

Barrett says he was expecting a promotion but it never came.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭jurahnimoh

Seen the highlights and im starting to think suarez should start taking some extra shooting practice

Barrett says he was expecting a promotion but it never came.

A little bit of me died reading the news that he's gone. It's funny I was going to write a post the other day about how our youth recruitment this summer was very low and overall seemed to have slowed down considerably.

I wonder has he taken contacts with him, as by and large from what I can gather our Academy does large parts of its own scouting for recruitment which I presume Segura and his contacts played a major part. I presume the job as indicated just before Rodgers took over was him moving to DOF? So FSG have ****ed him over to hire Rodgers? n\sxgm;zsen giozernjklbn vjkbnjkl fjuck

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

ok which one of you did it?

check out the last line in the FA cup 2012 paragraph :pac:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Dowd

although to be fair, i was bitterly disappointed with todays result it can only get better right?

we still have time to buy in some more players, :( right?

• Advertisement

A little bit of me died reading the news that he's gone. It's funny I was going to write a post the other day about how our youth recruitment this summer was very low and overall seemed to have slowed down considerably.

I wonder has he taken contacts with him, as by and large from what I can gather our Academy does large parts of its own scouting for recruitment which I presume Segura and his contacts played a major part. I presume the job as indicated just before Rodgers took over was him moving to DOF? So FSG have ****ed him over to hire Rodgers? n\sxgm;zsen giozernjklbn vjkbnjkl fjuck

Opr

Frank McParland is in charge of recruitment at the Academy as far as I'm aware.

To be fair, he was hired to run our youth academy. I doubt it was ever intended that he would run the footballing side of the entire club.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Until we get a goalscorer, we won't get anywhere neat the top 4. Suarez is the most technically gifted player we've ever had at Liverpool, however he just can't finish.

What might have been if Torres wasn't sold.

To be fair, he was hired to run our youth academy. I doubt it was ever intended that he would run the footballing side of the entire club.

Didn't loads of places report that he was moving to DOF? McParland is a manager of managers. I know sure now we have no one running the ENTIRE club except Rodgers with now even less support. Making Segura DOF would have been down right idiotic when we have such a super structure :rolleyes:

This one is in no way getting a pass from me, FSG can get to ****.

Opr

What about Adebayor on loan lads. Can put the ball in the net, intelligent, plays of the last man.

Played up top with VDV off him last season at Spurs.

• Advertisement

Didn't loads of places report that he was moving to DOF? McParland is a manager of managers. I know sure now we have no one running the ENTIRE club except Rodgers with now even less support. Making Segura DOF would have been down right idiotic when we have such a super structure :rolleyes:

This one is in no way getting a pass from me, FSG can get to ****.

Opr

A bit of an over reaction?

No. The one thing that was suppose to remain in place after Rafa, after Hodgson, after Kenny and if needs be after Rodgers is already being pulled apart.

Opr

No. The one thing that was suppose to remain in place after Rafa, after Hodgson, after Kenny and if needs be after Rodgers is already being pulled apart.

Opr

Thing is, he didn't want to run our youth system anymore. He had higher ambitions. So that would have changed anyway as Segura was done in that role.

I agree and have said all along we need a DOF. have to wait and see what role exactly these guys from Man City fulfill

What about Adebayor on loan lads. Can put the ball in the net, intelligent, plays of the last man.

I'd take him for a year for sure.

Thing is, he didn't want to run our youth system anymore. He had higher ambitions. So that would have changed anyway as Segura was done in that role.

I agree and have said all along we need a DOF. have to wait and see what role exactly these guys from Man City fulfill

Whatever role he would have fulfilled keeping people like him within the club should be really important to us. From what I can see FSG have done the opposite and helped force him out. Another in a long long line of **** ups at this stage. I'm just really confused as before Rodgers it was thought FSG valued him really highly but I guess football fans be fickle! Any talk that Rodolfo is going to follow him?

Opr

Whatever role he would have fulfilled keeping people like him within the club should be really important to us. From what I can see FSG have done the opposite and helped force him out. Another in a long long line of **** ups at this stage. I'm just really confused as before Rodgers it was thought FSG valued him really highly but I guess football fans be fickle! Any talk that Rodolfo is going to follow him?

Opr

Haven't heard anything about Borrell. Thing with him is there is nowhere really for him to go. We want him.coaching our kids so won't promote him to first team. I'm sure one day he will get ambitious and leave. That's natural.

when we talk about the academy being a constant, beyond the lifespan of managers, it has to also be able to survive and flourish after Borrell and Segura leave. They will have to be replaced.

I don't really see how this is assumed to be a **** up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Did Rodgers stick the the same formation all the time last season...or did he change it up at all?

The midfield 3 changed in shape based on the personnel (To put it simply, 4-3-3/4-2-3-1/4-1-2-3 based on the combination of Britton/Allen/Gower/Augustien/Sig/Orlandi/Moore/Routledge/Dobbie)

He also played 3-4-3 in 1 game near the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

He's what we need but we can't afford him.

Haven't heard anything about Borrell. Thing with him is there is nowhere really for him to go. We want him.coaching our kids so won't promote him to first team. I'm sure one day he will get ambitious and leave. That's natural.

when we talk about the academy being a constant, beyond the lifespan of managers, it has to also be able to survive and flourish after Borrell and Segura leave. They will have to be replaced.

If you promise a guy a promotion that you then can't give him which results in him leaving, that's a **** up.

Opr

If you promise a guy a promotion that you then can't give him which results in him leaving, that's a **** up.

Opr

Barrett said he was expecting a promotion, not that he was promised one.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement