Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Or maybe it was a way out of him not having to play Man City so manager does not have to leave him out if he goes

if Daniele de Rossi, as heavily rumoured, is arriving, then there's no need to worry about Agger.

we have Agger for the season at least lads, don't worry.

Barca have bought Song too, so the rumour that he might go there can also now be put firmly to bed.

we have a loyal one in Danny, thankfully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

So................Nigel Adkins for next year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Turtyturd wrote: »

Don't even joke about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Laudrup surely...

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Laudrup surely...

I'd swap him for Cole and Adam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Mr Alan wrote: »
    2) The people who did the mocking are now seemingly excusing the manager when in reality he is more culpable than Dalglish was because it's a weakness we all knew was there & we've seemingly failed to address this summer
    3) We've gave up far more chances yesterday than we were used to doing last year

2) More culpable? He's not had a full transfer window yet, and unlike Dalglish, it seems Rodgers has to reduce, not increase, the wage bill

3) We were down to ten men when we gave up all those chances. That's a misleading statement from you.

Apparently dithering over Sahin is what's lost him for us.

We'd it done & dusted with Real & the player agreeing to the deal.
    We dithered & failed to close it off. Arsenal re-entered the race. We lost out.

Pretty infuriating to lose out on a player of that quality for such a stupid reason to be honest.

Pretty infuriating to lose out on a player of that quality for such a stupid reason to be honest.

Source?

Every decent source has said the player wanted to go to Arsenal and the delay was at Sahin's/Arsenal's end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

That really doesn't look like it's what happened. Sahin seemed to be digging his heels in because we're ****e and he sees himself as being above us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,540 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

city's defence was terrible today.
    A glimmer of light for next week, if suarez leaves last years shooting boots at home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Annoying alright. It now seems we are done with any other targets also ...
    @DuncanCastles: #LFC say they will not pursue any alternative to Nuri Sahin after the midfielder chose to join #AFC on loan. http://t.co/CighJTti

2) More culpable? He's not had a full transfer window yet, and unlike Dalglish, it seems Rodgers has to reduce, not increase, the wage bill

3) We were down to ten men when we gave up all those chances. That's a misleading statement from you.

Down to ten men but still had a full defence out there.

Yes, more culpable. At the end of last season, I & many others felt there was a lot more right with the team than wrong & that we didn't quite get what we'd deserved last year. That the priority was to bring in a clinical front man & we'd improve infinitely immediately. We've failed to do that thus far therefore that excuse holds less weight than it did last year when it was a new phenomenon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Bad few days.

Losing Sahin from our grasp and being absolutly embarrassed by West fúcking Brom.

Rodgers is on the back foot already. A bad start.

Guys like Gerrard shouln't be immune from dropping, in fact we could drop our whole middle 3. Lucas really hasn't recovered full from the injury I feel and was quite poor yesterday. His passing was horrendous at times.

Suarez needs to start taking his chances. His conversion rate is terrible. Borini looked overwhelmed by the occasion and struggled to get in the game.

The team had no balance with Johnson on the wrong side, and Downing on the wrong side. All WBA had to do was show them the touchline and encourage them to cross. It almost worked out with one great cross from Johnson on his left to Suarez but he put it over.

Kelly seems unconfortable playing the passing system, and wasn't at the races.

Anyway, cant get much worse then this can it! (Can it?) Onwards an upwards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Did it ever occur to you that maybe the player stalled to see if Arsenal or another team would have come in for him. Real Madrid couldn't force him to play for a team he didn't want to go to. By all accounts he never wanted to go to Liverpool in the first place. Maybe the club tried their best in this regard but it wasn't enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

stick-dan wrote: »
    Anfield Mole ‏@AnfieldMole
    But on flip side I hear cash will be released for a striker BR has been onto FSG #lfc

FSG have only realised we need a proven striker?

• Advertisement

Source?

Every decent source has said the player wanted to go to Arsenal and the delay was at Sahin's/Arsenal's end

Richie Buxton.

It seems Sahin only stalled when Arsenal re-entered the race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

So is sahin definitely gone?

ush wrote: »

Half the posters in here still think Carroll can do a job...and their knowledge of football would be higher than FSG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

djPSB wrote: »
    Michael Owen can go fcuk a goat.

735large.jpg

Down to ten men but still had a full defence out there.

Yes, more culpable. At the end of last season, I & many others felt there was a lot more right with the team than wrong & that we didn't quite get what we'd deserved last year. That the priority was to bring in a clinical front man & we'd improve infinitely immediately. We've failed to do that thus far therefore that excuse holds less weight than it did last year when it was a new phenomenon.

You still don't seem to grasp that the club (£35 million in the red) could no longer afford Kuyt, Bellamy, Maxi, Aurelio etc and had to offload them. There is big rebuilding to do and it started this summer. Carragher will end his Liverpool career next summer, Cole whenever we can get rid of him.

We had to get rid of those because they were a drain on the club's finances, and we had to / still have to replace them. Borini and Assaidi are the first steps here.

Then there was the problem of a quality partner/replacement for Lucas. That's where Allen has come in.

Rodgers no doubt wants to bring in a front-man. That's why he has been trying to offload Carroll.

We weren't in a position were we could just bring in a £20m striker and everything would have been better. We had an ageing forward-line, some of whom wanted to leave for personal reasons. We had to deal with that.

Edit: Also, I love that the excuse for Kenny was that it was a "new phenomenon." The guy spend £55 million on new strikers, yet it's BR's fault that we don't have one who can find the back of the net regularly

• Advertisement

jank wrote: »
    Did it ever occur to you that maybe the player stalled to see if Arsenal or another team would have come in for him. Real Madrid couldn't force him to play for a team he didn't want to go to. By all accounts he never wanted to go to Liverpool in the first place. Maybe the club tried their best in this regard but it wasn't enough.

Maybe. However with Arsenal only re-entering late & Liverpool having been so confident the deal was done I reckon the player was up for it at one stage. Liverpool should have insisted on bringing the deal to a close at that point.

A worry alright.

You still don't seem to grasp that the club (£35 million in the red) could no longer afford Kuyt, Bellamy, Maxi, Aurelio etc and had to offload them. There is big rebuilding to do and it started this summer. Carragher will end his Liverpool career next summer, Cole whenever we can get rid of him.

We had to get rid of those because they were a drain on the club's finances, and we had to / still have to replace them. Borini and Assaidi are the first steps here.

Then there was the problem of a quality partner/replacement for Lucas. That's where Allen has come in.

Rodgers no doubt wants to bring in a front-man. That's why he has been trying to offload Carroll.

We weren't in a position were we could just bring in a £20m striker and everything would have been better. We had an ageing forward-line, some of whom wanted to leave for personal reasons. We had to deal with that.

It's been a treat the last couple of years watching you make excuse after excuse for our slide to midtable. It's gone into overdrive lately though as our slide appears to have accelerated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Maybe. However with Arsenal only re-entering late & Liverpool having been so confident the deal was done I reckon the player was up for it at one stage. Liverpool should have insisted on bringing the deal to a close at that point.

A worry alright.

I don't remember any Liverpool official/Rodgers ever saying we were confident of signing Sahin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Leiva wrote: »
    Annoying alright. It now seems we are done with any other targets also ...

I didn't read it that way. We're not getting any alternatives - midfielders. Not "we're not signing anyone else at all".

Sahin is a great player (reportedly - haven't actually seen him play). We saw a chance to bring a top quality player in and hugely improve the squad. If someone else had to make way then fine. We don't look like we're in the market for other midfielders and seem to still be trying to offload Adam.

That the priority was to bring in a clinical front man & we'd improve infinitely immediately. We've failed to do that thus far therefore that excuse holds less weight than it did last year when it was a new phenomenon.

Indeed. I think signing Allen and Borini was an indulgence that we didn't need. I'd rather we'd just spent that on somebody who could score. You'd get a cracking striker for 20m quid. Borini and Allen would've kept till next summer if Rodgers still needed them.

I'm happy enough they're here - I think they'll be good for us, but not as good as 1 very clinical and reliable striker.

In an environment with a limited budget it isn't enough to bring in good players or get good deals.
    When fit our midfield and defence wasn't really a problem. We had a clear problem in scoring and maybe between Allen, Assaidi and Borini it'll be solved, but it's an awfully circuitous way to fix our problem and far less likely to succeed.

I wonder how close Sahin actually was to signing.

Hard to believe most of the muppets on twitter, even the guys that claim to be ITK and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

The British media, like the majority of times, done a lot of guess work.

What I can make of it, Arsenal was his first option (which is fair enough) and if they pulled out he'd come North.

I don't remember any Liverpool official/Rodgers ever saying we were confident of signing Sahin.

Are we doing that thing where we pretend because no club official ever said we're pretending it's not true? :rolleyes:
    Gbear wrote: »
    Indeed. I think signing Allen and Borini was an indulgence that we didn't need. I'd rather we'd just spent that on somebody who could score. You'd get a cracking striker for 20m quid. Borini and Allen would've kept till next summer if Rodgers still needed them.

I'm happy enough they're here - I think they'll be good for us, but not as good as 1 very clinical and reliable striker.

In an environment with a limited budget it isn't enough to bring in good players or get good deals.
    When fit our midfield and defence wasn't really a problem. We had a clear problem in scoring and maybe between Allen, Assaidi and Borini it'll be solved, but it's an awfully circuitous way to fix our problem and far less likely to succeed.

Spot on.

It's been a treat the last couple of years watching you make excuse after excuse for our slide to midtable. It's gone into overdrive lately though as our slide appears to have accelerated!

You're right, it did accelerate under Dalglish. We have only played one game under Rodgers and I would bet you any money you like we will reverse that slide this year

Are we doing that thing where we pretend because no club official ever said we're pretending it's not true? :rolleyes:

Ah the twitter experts. How could I ever doubt the information they provide is always 100% accurate. :pac:

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I wonder how close Sahin actually was to signing.

Hard to believe most of the muppets on twitter, even the guys that claim to be ITK and so on.

The likes of The Guardian, BBC, The Times thought it was imminent at one stage. They're solid solid sources & undoubtedly have sources within the club who led them to believe it was close to done.

• Advertisement

Ah the twitter experts. How could I ever doubt the information they provide is always 100% accurate. :pac:

You understand that twitter is a medium right?

In addition to the numpties it is also used by good solid proper sources.

Half the posters in here still think Carroll can do a job...and their knowledge of football would be higher than FSG.

Says more about half the posters on here than FSG.

You understand that twitter is a medium right?

In addition to the unnoticed it is also used by good solid proper sources.

I know what twitter is. Any chance you can link to the articles in the guardian/times/BBC about Sahin signing for Liverpool?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Was hoping my next comment since a few days ago would be about me being beyond delighted after we had signed Nuri Sahin. Gutted now, and to lose him to that lot just adds to it all. Sahin at Arsenal (at least for one season) and Kagawa at United, ugh.

I don't blame Nuri for opting for Arsenal anyway. He wanted a club who were in the Champions League and they can offer that obviously.

The likes of The Guardian, BBC, The Times thought it was imminent at one stage. They're solid solid sources & undoubtedly have sources within the club who led them to believe it was close to done.

I do wonder how close these guys really are as to whats going on tbh.

I know what twitter is. Any chance you can link to the articles in the guardian/times/BBC about Sahin signing for Liverpool?

No. Go look over the tweets from the people involved yourself.

No. Go look over the tweets from the people involved yourself.

As expected you can't provide articles. What some journo writes in his twitter account means nothing. The fact their editors never even allowed them punlish articles in their papers or on their websites says a lot.

Liverpool Echo going with the theory that Segura quit because the owners reneged on a senior teams director position ..

http://bit.ly/OBXOG7

As expected you can't provide articles. What some journo writes in his twitter account means nothing. The fact their editors never even allowed them punlish articles in their papers or on their websites says a lot.

Articles = solid
    Tweets from same journalists who write articles = to be ignored

Weird.

• Advertisement

Leiva wrote: »
    Liverpool Echo going with the theory that Segura quit because the owners reneged on a senior teams director position ..

Bloody obvious to anyone who has ever been to a workplace in their life. Don't know how some of the people of here dispute it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

We won't be able to offer CL football for a fair few years (if ever). Sahin did the right thing for his career. Shame though, excellent player.

Articles = solid
    Tweets from same journalists who write articles = to be ignored

Weird.

Not really weird at all. I doubt Ben Smith etc runs every single tweet they want to write by their editors before they publish them.

Bloody obvious to anyone who has ever been to a workplace in their life. Don't know how some of the people of here dispute it.

Big loss. Baffling to see people trying to underplay it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Yeah thats LFC all over tbh in the transfer dealings. It seems that Wenger called Sahin personally. What do LFC do, send Ian "Fcuking" Ayre over. :(

Not really weird at all. I doubt Ben Smith etc run every single tweet they want to write by their editors before they publish them.

Doesn't change the validity of said tweets.

• Advertisement

Doesn't change the validity of said tweets.

Drastically changes how serious those Tweets should be taken though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

How can not getting Sahin be a reflection of Rodgers?

It's the result of how the club has become less attractive to other players.

Also, comment earlier that we should have kept Allen & Borini money as £20m for a new striker?

Who would that be? Remember having the money is not always enough he has to want to come to LFC as well.

Big loss. Baffling to see people trying to underplay it.

The most annoying thing is the cause . Another momentous cock up by the owners .

Sooner the better people see through these chancers .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

SlickRic wrote: »
    if Daniele de Rossi, as heavily rumoured, is arriving, then there's no need to worry about Agger.

we have Agger for the season at least lads, don't worry.

Barca have bought Song too, so the rumour that he might go there can also now be put firmly to bed.

we have a loyal one in Danny, thankfully.

He is a midfielder so I don't see how City signing him would change their need for a centre back if that was what they wanted. De Rossi can cover in defence but he is not a centre back. Would also be very surprised if City got him as he only signed a new 5 year contract this year which is worth something like €200k a week.

murpho999 wrote: »
    How can not getting Sahin be a reflection of Rodgers?

It's not, although I'm sure a higher profile manager may have made it easier to get him. But I have no issue with Rodgers over it.
    murpho999 wrote:
    Also, comment earlier that we should have kept Allen & Borini money as £20m for a new striker?

Who would that be? Remember having the money is not always enough he has to want to come to LFC as well.

£25m would certainly be able to attract a top striker to us.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement