Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Leiva wrote: »
    I lost !

Andy Carroll & Nukacola I believe I owe you money . If you want to name a charity I will double the money and send you a receipt, or if you want your fiver just let me know .

My first thought is that you should post €5 you Joe Cole.

However with the year gone by regarding our Brad Jones, how about the Anthony Nolan charity?

Don't worry yourself about a receipt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

AyXSVllCAAAzAz_.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

wasent fully focused on the game as had a few friends over at the time but anyways, pacheco was the main man for the first half I thought, nice tricekry! Sterling and suso where impressive in the 2nd half aswell! TBF for pre-season everyone done a good job bar cole and his set pieces, terrible stuff!
    We dominated the game, will be interesing the next 2 games to see what rodgers does in regards team selcetion and subs, cant wait to see the games now!

Will watch the game fully tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I lost !

Andy Carroll & Nukacola I believe I owe you money . If you want to name a charity I will double the money and send you a receipt, or if you want your fiver just let me know .

However with the year gone by regarding our Brad Jones, how about the Anthony Nolan charity?

Fair play....completely forgot about that, i would agree with Andys suggestion if that was possible.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,278 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

monkey9 wrote: »
    AyXSVllCAAAzAz_.jpg

Best place for him, on the sideline!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    monkey9 wrote: »
    AyXSVllCAAAzAz_.jpg

Be nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

I thought last night was reasonably enjoyable. You could clearly see the intent to retain the ball and our movement and players showing for passes was already much better than it has been in recent years. We kept the ball well for long stretches, but most of our moves broke down when we tried to force things. Adam, Shelvey, Spearing and Suso probably all guilty of this at times. (someone on Twitter picked up Rodgers shouting "retain possession, son" to Spearing after he knocked one long to Ecclestone)

Brad Jones - meh
    Peter Gulacsi - poor for their goal
    Andre Wisdom - saw a lot of the ball and did reasonably well in what is not his best position
    John Flanagan - Got forward well and nearly set up a goal. SEND ON LOAN!!!
    Jose Enrique - linked up brilliantly with Pacheco, I thought.
    Jack Robinson - did OK.
    Stephen Sama - didn't put a foot wrong, really
    Jamie Carragher - no hoofs!
    Martin Skrtel - did ok
    Danny Wilson - shaky
    Jay Spearing - did well, I thought, but he is one player that needs to keep it simple 100% of the time. He doesn't have the ability to create things from deep so he should be forbidden from making those decisions. Just give the ball to a teammate and you've done your job.
    Krisztian Adorjan - very nervous and looked a bit lost. Now he was out of position in his first start for the seniors so that is very understandable. I wonder if he was out of position to make up the numbers, or whether Rodgers wants him to learn to play as a traditional midfielder. LOAN!!!
    Lucas - got through it in one piece. That's all that matters
    Charlie Adam - 1) awful set pieces 2) most of the time he does all right in open play, but he simply cannot help himself from going for those long balls. They make Charlie Adam look good on camera, but they rarely help the team. DOUBLE COACHING SESSIONS NEEDED!!!
    Alberto Aquilani - I didn't think he offered much, he should have looked for the ball more, to me he seemed content to cruise through the half. That said, he looked as tidy as you'd expect when he was on the ball
    Jonjo Shelvey - 1) Cut number of long balls in half, 2) cut out the lunging tackles - He's gonna be a player.
    Suso - Some lovely bits of play, like his dribble through the middle to win a free, his link-up with Sterling and that flick-thingy he tried. Again, there were times he tried too hard, but overall he did well
    Jordan Ibe - Love that he had the confidence to repeatedly take on defenders, but he had little support and they often doubled up on him so he didn't get much joy. He should have got a few frees though, but the ref gave him nothing. He really needs a year under Borrell
    Joe Cole - Brutal, apart from one doozy of a cross.
    Danny Pacheco - A lot didn't come off for him, but he was excellent, linking up with Enrique, beating his full-back and getting his head up.
    Raheem Sterling - Being ultra-critical, I'd say he ran down a few too many blind alleys, but he was our most dangerous player second half. Did great for the goal
    Nathan Ecclestone - threw a mini-tantrum when Wisdom played him a **** pass and he mis-controlled it. That ****** me off. He played decent, but doubt he has a future here.
    Adam Morgan - right place at right time for the goal. Did ok apart from that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Yep. Back to my "no to pre season friendlies" policy methinks.

As pointless as they are, they been pretty good indicators of where we are going to see problems in the coming season.

The preseason of the season that Rafa got sacked was a disaster and was an exceptionally accurate preview of what would happen that season.

The preseasons since haven't been far off either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

dougal wrote: »

I absolutely cannot wait to see this .

I watched the trailer earlier and it gave me shivers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Im gettin a bit sick of the Adam abuse, he shouldnt be a first team player, but as a squad player hes not bad and certainly not in the category of failures Downing, Carroll and Henderson are in given the money involved. His goal/assist record for last year wasnt bad
    I thought his long balls in the first half, when they came off were one of the only times we looked dangerous (agree his set pieces are em......awful) and in general he played well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Lads can anyone tell me the match score... cant find it on here...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Channel 5 in the UK bought the rights for the documentary and outbid ITV to show it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Lads can anyone tell me the match score... cant find it on here...

Finished 1-1

ShamoBuc wrote: »

In fairness, it is a great photo.

I have been very critical of him over the apparent lack of support he gave Lucas. I assumed that that problem might have extended to other youths that needed support from the senior pros.

That photo contradicts a lot of assumptions and it's nice to see. That is the look of a genuinely proud man and that can't do any harm for Morgan's development.

• Advertisement

dougal wrote: »

Anyone think Rodgers can come across a bit David Brent-ish in that?

I have been very critical of him over the apparent lack of support he gave Lucas. I assumed that that problem might have extended to other youths that needed support from the senior pros.

That photo contradicts a lot of assumptions and it's nice to see. That is the look of a genuinely proud man and that can't do any harm for Morgan's development.

Morgan is scouse which might influence Carras reaction

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Anyone think Rodgers can come across a bit David Brent-ish in that?

I've been very impressed with how he has handled himself in the media. He comes across really well. I have no doubt we'll see that in the documentary.

Morgan is scouse which might influence Carras reaction

Ah, it just makes Carragher out to be xenophobic instead of a complete asshole :P

Just kidding. He was slated for something and that photo makes me doubt some things and it is only fair to call that out.

NukaCola wrote: »
    I've been very impressed with how he has handled himself in the media. He comes across really well. I have no doubt we'll see that in the documentary.

Oh i agree on his handling so far, im just thinking documentary "epic shot" angles and Rodgers love of a story and buzz words may not mix so well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Why is he involved in documentaries when a ball hasn't been kicked yet, bit of a poser this fella. Won't mind if he gets the same results as mourhino ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,278 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I agree, it is a super photo. There is genuine delight to be seen. I hope there are many more similar photos of youngsters celebrating goals - all with Carra on the sideline.
    I hope he spends a lot of time in the future with the youngsters, as he is such a huge figure at the club, he could be a great influence on them - if he isn't already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭mormank

Im gettin a bit sick of the Adam abuse, he shouldnt be a first team player, but as a squad player hes not bad and certainly not in the category of failures Downing, Carroll and Henderson are in given the money involved. His goal/assist record for last year wasnt bad
    I thought his long balls in the first half, when they came off were one of the only times we looked dangerous (agree his set pieces are em......awful) and in general he played well

It's way too early to be calling Henderson a failure, to be honest I still think Carroll will come good also, whether or not it's with us remains to be seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I lost !

This gave me a warm fuzzy feeling when I read it this morning.

My faith in humanity is restored.

Fair play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

posted on twitter last night.

RT @6Ted If we're playing in Baltimore, maybe we should get Marlo Stanfield to take over Charlie Adam's corners

This gave me a warm fuzzy feeling when I read it this morning.

My faith in humanity is restored.

Fair play.

Don't know if a friendly counts imo tbh.

mormank wrote: »

Nah it does .

I remember even going to the level that he will never wear the jersey again.
    I'm just hoping Rodgers seen last night what Kenny seen last season - the fella is finished.

I don't know how he was so (allegedly) popular in France cause I have seen nothing to suggest Joe Cole can do it at PL level . It's either the French league is extremely weak, in which cause Hazard in in for a big shock :p

Thanks.

Faith in humanity gone again. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Why is he involved in documentaries when a ball hasn't been kicked yet, bit of a poser this fella. Won't mind if he gets the same results as mourhino ;)

He's involved because he's the manager of the club whilst they are making the documentary (which is still going on). Simple really.

Missed the game last night so is it worth a look on LFCTV later?

My mate said the first half wasn`t great but the second half was ok.

• Advertisement

Nah it does .

I'm just hoping Rodgers seen last night what Kenny seen last season - the fella is finished.

I don't know how he was so (allegedly) popular in France cause I have seen nothing to suggest Joe Cole can do it at PL level . It's either the French league is extremely weak, in which cause Hazard in in for a big shock :p

Fair enough, if that's what you said at the time. You know best.
    Thanks.

Faith in humanity gone again. :pac:

Haha. That must have been a good half hour....

I wouldnt bother, but thats me....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Nah it does .

He was not so popular is the simple answer.

That he had some kind of amazing season in France is nowt more than BS that has mostly come from the British media and idiiots who then repeat that in pubs/online forums etc.

He had a decent start to his time in France followed by six months of very average to meh performances.

Take the second half of last season as an example. He was involved in 20 games. Twice he played 90 minutes and in the other 18 games he was either subbed off or on.

He was basically squad cover during his time in Lille, and the total lack of interest from Lille in signing him once his loan period ended speaks volumes as does the total lack of interest from any other French club.

The French league is a weaker league than the EPL, no arguement there, but not so weak a league that it would make Cole look a quality player with no fitness/stamina issues.

Didn't see match last night but surely if everyone here can see how bad Cole is then the manager will too.

Can't see him being in the squad come the transfer window closed.

Side note: Seeing new kit in a match for the first time and I thought it looked great. Reminded me of the 70's look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

This is the important part:

tumblr_m7jdr74uwq1r1fq7do1_500.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

dr ro wrote: »

RT @6Ted If we're playing in Baltimore, maybe we should get Marlo Stanfield to take over Charlie Adam's corners

And ironically what figure does Marlo look for for his contact...

Fergie was right all along.

SSN;

Fulham & LFC are now in agreement to speak over the transfer of Dempsey which would involve Charlie Adam going in the other direction.

Adam's camp says he is happy and will be playing at LFC next season.

Also

There is legs to the rumour that Ba could be involved in a deal for Carroll from Newcastle.
    That makes absolutely no sense to me IF true.

Gbear wrote: »

Sweet.

I think I might watch it....I heard Joe Cole was Messi like with his brilliance :rolleyes:

Gbear wrote: »

Was hoping someone would post this!! Highlight of the match along with sterlings *ahem* morgans goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

maybe while marlo's at it he could get Chris and snoop to take care of Joe Cole for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Was hoping someone would post this!! Highlight of the match along with sterlings *ahem* morgans goal.

Well it would have been cleared if it was not finished by Morgan.

From a neutral point of view I was well impressed with LFCs youth last night.
    Some of Shelvey's passing was unbelievable. Suso was exciting. Sterling's pass was impressive but he badly needs to go on loan to a Championship side for a season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

omar-indeed.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

murpho999 wrote: »
    Didn't see match last night but surely if everyone here can see how bad Cole is then the manager will too.

Can't see him being in the squad come the transfer window closed.

Side note: Seeing new kit in a match for the first time and I thought it looked great. Reminded me of the 70's look.

I don't think it's a case of the manager realising that he's sh1t. I'd imagine that's a given really.

I think finding another club to sign him and pay him anywhere near what he's on at Liverpool is where the problem arises.

djPSB wrote: »
    I don't think it's a case of the manager realising that he's sh1t. I'd imagine that's a given really.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Christ the roma game is on at 11.30 in the night on wednesday! Just aswell im in late to work on thursday. Will the 7 lads flying out today/tomorow feature in that game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Anyone have a link to watch the match from last night? Was out on the sauce and missed it

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Anyone have a link to watch the match from last night? Was out on the sauce and missed it

It's on again at 9PM if you have access to LFC TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

maybe while marlo's at it he could get Chris and snoop to take care of Joe Cole for us.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiittt

NukaCola wrote: »
    Fair play....completely forgot about that, i would agree with Andys suggestion if that was possible.

Nuka & Andy donation now made to above charity ....
    Dear Mr Xxxxxxxx,
    Thank you so much for your generous donation of £20.00 to help save the lives of people with blood cancers such as leukaemia.
    Your support will help our work to save lives. Every 20 minutes someone is diagnosed with blood cancer, and for many of these people a blood stem cell, or bone marrow transplant will be their last chance of life.
    Thanks to the generosity of supporters like you, Anthony Nolan can presently provide potentially lifesaving transplants to two people each day.
    We provide these desperately needed transplants by using our register of over 430,000 potential donors to find remarkable people who have stem cells, or bone marrow that matches that of the person in need. When the cells match we can provide a transplant and potentially save a life.
    We want to be able to provide a lifesaving transplant for anyone who needs one. Your gift will help us recruit more people to our register, and the more donors we have, the more lives we can save, it's really that simple.
    So thank you for your support, commitment and generosity. You really are helping to save the lives of people with blood cancer.

Anthea André
    Supporter Income Assistant
    Direct line: 020 7424 6626
    Email: anthea.andre@anthonynolan

For those who missed game last night here's some highlights I found with foreign commentary!

Not sure how long it will last.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement