Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

murpho999 wrote: »
    I lot here don't.

So basically we need a set of Arabs to take us over or we're going to be just above relegation?
    No midtable .

A bit OTT no?
    Not really... Can't see much progress under the current owners tbh . Few things are concerning me .

All you do is criticise and over-react but seem to forget that we haven't qualified for CL for last 3 years and you want it fixed overnight?
    Not overnight but we are two years into FSG plan and if anything we have gone backwards or stood still at best.
    Commercial activity has been great but then again it was to be expected ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

djPSB wrote: »

Lodeiro from Ajax wouldn't be a bad option. We were linked with him last January.

Yes he would, he's not good enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Melion wrote: »
    Does the club really need fans like Lloyd? It's embarrassing

lol the irony

Well when you look at posts like this it is obvious you don't.

I have the patience but with the amount of cockups to date with the current owners they are running very thin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Leiva wrote: »
    I have the patience but with the amount of cockups to date with the current owners they are running very thin.

I think it's clear you don't. You seem to want them to get every decision correct and anything short of that is a failure. I'd hardly call that patience. Unless the owners are throwing money on transfers and wages they the toys will come out of the pram.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭firemansam4

Just been reading back on some of the comments here from the last few pages, and have to say that some of our fans must be living in some mad fantasy world of there own, on what players they think we should be signing, and how we should not be cutting our wage bill.

How on earth do they suggest that the owners fund these new signings? and how do we continue to keep paying the massive wage bill we have?

The owners are not going to keep putting there own money into the club and then that leaves us with the option of starting to put the club into dept again to fund these signings. And is that what we really want to do?

Not saying that I agree with the way the owners have handled things recently, but we have to be realistic about where we are now and what real options we have available to us with the finances available.

The owners are not going to keep putting there own money into the club

And how much of their own money have they put in ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Adam and Cole told to GTFO according to The Times.

Opr

I think it's clear you don't. You seem to want them to get every decision correct and anything short of that is a failure. I'd hardly call that patience. Unless the owners are throwing money on transfers and wages they the toys will come out of the pram.

It's not all about getting decisions correct .
    Sadly it's about getting the basics correct .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

opr wrote: »

Opr

Not just by the times:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

After the disaster that was Hogdson and then Kenny we were never going bounce straight into top 4. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a bit thick tbh.

how long did it take harry redknapp to turn spurs around from being bottom of the table team to a top 4-5 side?? look at how bad sunderland were before o'neill came in and now look at them

How on earth do they suggest that the owners fund these new signings? and how do we continue to keep paying the massive wage bill we have?

the same owners spent $144m on one baseball player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

rossie1977 wrote: »
    After the disaster that was Hogdson and then Kenny we were never going bounce straight into top 4. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a bit thick tbh.

how long did it take harry redknapp to turn spurs around from being bottom of the table team to a top 4-5 side?? look at how bad sunderland were before o'neill came in and now look at them

Sure his pitches alone were worth $144m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Opr

Good news re: Cole
    Seems a little silly re: Adam, think he can do a decent job as a squad player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Opr
    Jim Boardman ‏@JimBoardman

Adam (£5m) and Cole (loan) told they can leave #LFC. (@TonyBarretTimes)
    http://pic.twitter.com/CEpKipL9
    Cole on loan?

Even in relegation Spurs had a better team then we do. As for Sunderland, they finished 13th last season. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

How does the club not have any money? I know the owners are still feeling stupid after last summers signings but with the amount of corporate deals and money taking off the wage bill it must have cleaned up the finances a small bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭skydish79

Sure who really would take Cole, he is on big wages and injury prone

Will we be able to sell Cole because i am sick of these loan deals where we still pay his wages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭cwboy

Some over reaction and in fighting over one game. Everything was rosy after the Gomel return leg. We are not great at the moment, havent been for twelve months but lets give this season a month or two before we really go to town with the doom and gloom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

How does the club not have any money? I know the owners are still feeling stupid after last summers signings but with the amount of corporate deals and money taking off the wage bill it must have cleaned up the finances a small bit?

Small matter of a £35 million loss last season

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

The one positive about such a loan is that he can't play for 'Pool that way.

delw wrote: »
    Cole on loan?

It's the only way we're going to get him out. No one is ever going to take him on his wages so us supplementing his massive wages is the only way another club might take him on. This is the last year of his contract isn't it?

Opr

The Times
    Tony Barrett

Charlie Adam has been informed that he can leave Liverpool for offers of more than £5 million as the need for Brendan Rodgers to shake up his squad was made more urgent by a 3-0 defeat at the hands of West Bromwich Albion.

Adam, signed by Kenny Dalglish for £5.5 million last summer, was an unused substitute at The Hawthorns and has found himself out of favour since Rodgers’s arrival. Rodgers has been working with a limited budget since taking over from Dalglish and after signing Joe Allen and Fabio Borini for a combined cost of £26 million, he now needs to sell players if he is to make more incursions in the transfer budget.

The Liverpool manager would also be willing to offload Joe Cole but is aware that there is little interest in a player earning around £100,000 per week who lasted only nine minutes after going on as a substitute against West Brom before succumbing to a hamstring injury that could keep him out for a month.

“We still needed to bring in one or two players, but we need to work with the players that are here,” Rodgers said after Saturday’s defeat. “You know what the limitations are in terms of budget, and the reality was the team finished eighth last year and there are reasons behind that.”

Tellingly, Rodgers could offer up only that there are “no easy solutions” to the situation he inherited with Cole and Liverpool could now look to subsidise the midfield player’s wages should any club show a willingness to take him on loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Sure his pitches alone were worth $144m.

I'm pretty sure he's talking about Carl Crawford. One of the biggest transfer disasters ever tbh. Dude is still not fit, looking to get surgery today which will shut him down for the remainder of the season. Looked an astute signing at the time, I have to admit being very excited that offseason when we were linked with the trade, mainly because of his stolen base potential (thought he could go 60 in a year) to go with a solid bat. Don't think anyone could have expected it to turn out as it did.

Maybe it's partly the reason for being more careful with wages now?

Also, it's a completely different sport with completely different economics so maybe unfair to compare the owners actions in the same way.

gaelicred wrote: »
    The Times

Tellingly, Rodgers could offer up only that there are “no easy solutions” to the situation he inherited with Cole and Liverpool could now look to subsidise the midfield player’s wages should any club show a willingness to take him on loan.

OK I'm willing to give Rodgers time and know that the task he has is huge. BUT.... if there are "no easy solutions" to Cole why did he play him yesterday? It's not like we haven't seen him fall apart on pitches from Liverpool to Lille over the last 3 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭firemansam4

Leiva wrote: »
    And how much of their own money have they put in ?

Well how much net spend went into this club last year on players?? And some very mediocre players for big fees at that.

I think its fanciful expecting them to do the same with us, I think the only hope of us seeing that kind of investment is if some billionaire shaik takes us over

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Dalglish was praised for getting rid of the deadwood out of Liverpool but now Rodgers has a job of getting rid of the deadwood Dalglish brought in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

cwboy wrote: »
    Some over reaction and in fighting over one game. Everything was rosy after the Gomel return leg. We are not great at the moment, havent been for twelve months but lets give this season a month or two before we really go to town with the doom and gloom.
    I've been very consistent with my doom and gloom sir

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Sully34 wrote: »
    Dalglish was praised for getting rid of the deadwood out of Liverpool but now Rodgers has a job of getting rid of the deadwood Dalglish brought in

Worst player Kenny bought was Downing.

That should be the second player Rodgers should have gotten rid of.
    The first being Cole.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Worst player Kenny bought was Downing.

That should be the second player Rodgers should have gotten rid of.
    The first being Cole.
    Agreed. I would have Pacheco or Sterling over Downing any day in this system. Maybe Villa would want him back

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

With the squad as light as it is in the attacking third I don't think you can afford to get rid of a Downing who unlike Cole does offer something.

How nuch do you think we would get for Downing if we sold him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

5 maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

It's the only way we're going to get him out. No one is ever going to take him on his wages so us supplementing his massive wages is the only way another club might take him on. This is the last year of his contract isn't it?

Opr
    Looks like it,signed 2010 on 4 year deal.
    Why can't we just buy out his contract?

A fiver and a packet of king?

Doubt Rodgers or the club want to piss £9m down the drawn in one big go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

8-10 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure he's talking about Carl Crawford. One of the biggest transfer disasters ever tbh. Dude is still not fit, looking to get surgery today which will shut him down for the remainder of the season. Looked an astute signing at the time, I have to admit being very excited that offseason when we were linked with the trade, mainly because of his stolen base potential (thought he could go 60 in a year) to go with a solid bat. Don't think anyone could have expected it to turn out as it did.

Maybe it's partly the reason for being more careful with wages now?

Also, it's a completely different sport with completely different economics so maybe unfair to compare the owners actions in the same way.

SIMON-CONFUSED-GIF-2.gif

A fiver and a packet of king?

I think Joe knows that aswell and maybe he is being very cunning with his little hamstring problem .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mr Alan wrote: »
    I'd say people are just slightly concerned that our big forward acquisition has never scored double digits in a season & was deemed not good enough by Chelsea.

He turned down a new contract with them. Not sure how that translates into them not wanting him.

• Advertisement

Ah ffs I thought he was on a three year deal but it's four. I obviously had to check out his missus while on wikipedia. Hate him even more :pac:

carly_zucker_instinct.jpg

Opr

Ah ffs I thought he was on a three year deal but it's four. I obviously had to check out his missus while on wikipedia. Hate him even more :pac:

carly_zucker_instinct.jpg

Opr

So Joe Cole is going to cost around £10m in wages over the next two years.

Oh mother of fcuk.

It would cost us in the region of £12m to buy out his contract :(

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

So Joe Cole is going to cost around £10m in wages over the next two years.

Oh mother of fcuk.

8m if we loan him to someone.

I'd say getting someone to pay 20k p/w is the best we'll be able to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

After the complete lack of killer instinct and misplaced passes on Saturday I am a little surprised the club is so eager to get rid of Adam.

Whats the problem with Cole, I honestly don't understand it. He isn't a bad player and to have him as an option can only be a good thing :confused:

Not his fault the wages he was offered or the length of his deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

noodler wrote: »
    After the complete lack of killer instinct and misplaced passes on Saturday I am a little surprised the club is so eager to get rid of Adam.

Because he brings those things to the table?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

I think its fanciful expecting them to do the same with us

why???? they are the same owners, there were spending money like it was going out of fashion in boston, they spent $300m to acquire gonzalez and crawford in december 2010 and in liverpool its a sell to buy policy, forgive me for not being sorry for them

Is it Gerry Adams your on about by any chance?

noodler wrote: »

Considering the only killer instinct Adam has shown recently was to try gas half the bench maybe its a good thing

I think its fanciful expecting them to do the same with us

why???? they are the same owners, there were spending money like it was going out of fashion in boston, they spent $300m to acquire gonzalez and crawford in december 2010 and in liverpool its a sell to buy policy, forgive me for felling sorry for them

We have already spent £25m.

That's not sell to buy.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement