Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

mike65 wrote: »
    I'd like to see LFC take this game very seriously. Get it wrapped up at Tynecastle, then play a weaker side in the return.

City on Sunday though. Not sure I want to see many of our first 11 play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

You looking forward to seeing Carra play on Sunday whatawaster?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

SlickRic wrote: »
    fair enough.

it's funny that all the players you mentioned either have gone to Arsenal or have been heavily linked with Arsenal though.

and my point still stands, we could never have had that kind of transfer window, even in our wildest dreams. there's no point in even entertaining it, because you will be let down.

Oh my original post was about Arsenal .
    They have done some fantastic business. That was my point .

Never mentioned it as something we should achieve?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Mr Alan wrote: »

???
    What's the rest of the starting 11?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

It's quite clear that you, like me, know nothing about Assaidi. I just don't think it's fair to use his signing as an argument against our transfer policy. He could be crap, he could be average, he could be brilliant.

Grand, so you agree with the rest of the post if i remove the 'random' signing bit? :cool:

• Advertisement

Leiva wrote: »
    Oh my original post was about Arsenal .
    They have done some fantastic business. That was my point .

Never mentioned it as something we should achieve?

Why post it in the Liverpool thread?

Melion wrote: »
    ???
    What's the rest of the starting 11?

Reina
    Johnson
    Skrtel
    Enrique
    Lucas
    Allen
    Gerrard
    Downing
    Suarez
    Borini

Don't mention it x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Why post it in the Liverpool thread?

Why not ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

City on Sunday though. Not sure I want to see many of our first 11 play

We're gonna lose that one anyway! and some could do with a kick up the backside/shooting practice.

Reina
    Johnson
    Skrtel
    Enrique
    Lucas
    Allen
    Gerrard
    Downing
    Suarez
    Borini

Don't mention it x

Thanks sweetness xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Why not ?

Because it looks like you're comparing.

Why not ?

Because it has absolutely no relevance maybe?
    Chelsea have done much better business this summer

No.

I'll be there, and I'm dreading it.

K-9 wrote: »
    So FSG knowing feck all about soccer is now a major point for some! FFS

We've a few problems, FSG are part of it, as was spending the £110 Million spend under Kenny on Carroll, Downing, Henderson, Adam and Enrique.

Rodgers seriously tried for Sahin with a limited budget, Kenny, supposedly a world expert on football spunk a fortune on British talent. As uninspiring as this window is so far, its an upgrade on the last 3/4 years.

Agreed, what did the Glazers or Abrahmovich know about running a football club before, its a crazy argument.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

CL7 wrote: »
    Where is all this unbounded optimism though? A few people maybe, many others like myself hope rather than believe the club is going in the right direction because as fans what else can we do?

Honestly what do the posters on here that constantly bitch and moan think it will achieve? I mean it's a bit early for another "yanks out" campaign isn't it?

This isn't just about the owners but the worrying direction we've taken and the amount of power that has been afforded to a manager who has no experience in areas he seems to have been given power.

Rodgers at Swansea took a club which had an existing philosophy of football and did a very good job. He was a cog in a wheel which had a support structure than meant he was interchangeable. The same kind of structure our new owners were suppose to implement around our new young manager.

At Barcelona during the Laporta years they put around the new young coach Rijkaard, a technical director, sporting director, commercial director, Laporta himself, Cruff offering advice among others, a committee for transfers while also having a board which ran the club. We have around Brendan, two owners with no clue and Ian Ayre! How is that not troubling?

It seems now we're going to allow Rodgers to have full control to shape a club which he has no experience in doing. It's madness. If you're going to employ a manager to shape a club you employ a Capello or a Van Gael. I understood the Rodgers appointment in the context of the new structure, hell I even thought it was a great one. Instead of creating a structure, a framework and then recruit within that framework so that you have a lasting ethos in the club even if the manager needs to be changed it seems we've done the opposite and handed the club over to Rodgers to shape as he sees fit. What happens if Rodgers doesn't work out? We are back to square ****ing one.

Opr

opr wrote: »
    This isn't just about the owners but the worrying direction we've taken and the amount of power that has been afforded to a manager who has no experience in areas he seems to have been given power.

Rodgers at Swansea took a club which had an existing philosophy of football and did a very good job. He was a cog in a wheel which had a support structure than meant he was interchangeable. The same kind of structure our new owners were suppose to implement around our new young manager.

At Barcelona during the Laporta years they put around the new young coach Rijkaard, a technical director, sporting director, commercial director, Laporta himself, Cruff offering advice among others, a committee for transfers while also having a board which ran the club. We have around Brendan, two owners with no clue and Ian Ayre! How is that not troubling?

It seems now we're going to allow Rodgers to have full control to shape a club which he has no experience in doing. It's madness. If you're going to employ a manager to shape a club you employ a Capello or a Van Gael. I understood the Rodgers appointment in the context of the new structure, hell I even thought it was a great one. Instead of creating a structure, a framework and then recruit within that framework so that you have a lasting ethos in the club even if the manager needs to be changed it seems we've done the opposite and handed the club over to Rodgers to shape as he sees fit. We are back to square ****ing one.

Opr

Great post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

murpho999 wrote: »
    Agreed, what did the Glazers or Abrahmovich know about running a football club before, its a crazy argument.

The transfer window hasn't even closed, we put in a serious challenge for Sahin unlike last season, when Mata was a pipe dream and we spunked near £50 Million on Downing, Henderson, Adam and Enrique.

1 game gone in the PL, transfer window not closed and Al and LL are pouncing in for the kill already.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

For the kill? Will you grow up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

It seems now we're going to allow Rodgers to have full control to shape a club which he has no experience in doing. It's madness. If you're going to employ a manager to shape a club you employ a Capello or a Van Gael. I understood the Rodgers appointment in the context of the new structure, hell I even thought it was a great one. Instead of creating a structure, a framework and then recruit within that framework so that you have a lasting ethos in the club even if the manager needs to be changed it seems we've done the opposite and handed the club over to Rodgers to shape as he sees fit. What happens if Rodgers doesn't work out? We are back to square ****ing one.

Opr

Did you want Segura to have the role of DoF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

@jeremy_LFC: Liverpool won't dally around and sulk because of the Sahin snub. The club will move on quickly to the back-up options. Isco is one.

What's the chances of getting him from Malaga ?

I posted an article a while back about Malaga supposedly being in financial straits and needing to sell Isco and Cazorla for more signings. With Cazorla going that article appears to have some merit.

If Sahin was as close to coming as reports suggested, then I wouldn't think Isco would be out of the picture. I'd suspect a CL team would be a more attractive proposition for him, but as I said at the time, you should definitely enquire, even if you do just end up getting knocked back.

• Advertisement

I wonder could we get a thread just for Lloyd, Al, opr and Leiva? They could just post and thank each other all day long. NO POSITIVITY ALLOWED

It seems now we're going to allow Rodgers to have full control to shape a club which he has no experience in doing. It's madness. If you're going to employ a manager to shape a club you employ a Capello or a Van Gael. I understood the Rodgers appointment in the context of the new structure, hell I even thought it was a great one. Instead of creating a structure, a framework and then recruit within that framework so that you have a lasting ethos in the club even if the manager needs to be changed it seems we've done the opposite and handed the club over to Rodgers to shape as he sees fit. We are back to square ****ing one.

Opr

We are bringing in a head of player recruitment and the echo made it clear that Segura is going to be replaced as technical director at the academy. This transfer committee has not materialised yet, but I guess it's been delayed by the gardening leave for our new hires.

He has definitely been given more control than I'd like, but until we know what the full structure of the club will be I don't think it's quite time to panic.

I wonder could we get a thread just for Lloyd, Al, opr and Leiva? They could just post and thank each other all day long. NO POSITIVITY ALLOWED

Positivity. Fine.

Delusion. No thanks.

G.K. wrote: »
    I posted an article a while back about Malaga supposedly being in financial straits and needing to sell Isco and Cazorla for more signings. With Cazorla going that article appears to have some merit.

If Sahin was as close to coming as reports suggested, then I wouldn't think Isco would be out of the picture. I'd suspect a CL team would be a more attractive proposition for him, but as I said at the time, you should definitely enquire, even if you do just end up getting knocked back.

Unless he was going to Real, Barca or one of the CL clubs in England then I'd think we have a great chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

No, That's my opinion on your posts AL, transfer window not closed and the first game in the League played. I'd call vultures on anybody reading much into Rodgers at this stage.

We've showed ambition, got 2 decent signings at cheap enough money, paid big enough for Allen. We don't have £20/25 Million to spend on a dream signing.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Positivity. Fine.

Delusion. No thanks.

Where is all this delusion you and your band of merry men keep talking about? Delusion is saying we'll win the league, delusion is saying we'll definitely finish in the top 4, delusion is expecting us to be able to sign players that a champions league team are interested in.

I have seen none of the above in this thread so feel free to point it out to me.

Attack the post, not the poster.

And 'no positivity allowed' is an exaggeration.

Attack the post, not the poster.

And 'no positivity allowed' is an exaggeration.

I'm sorry but how did I attack a poster?

We are bringing in a head of player recruitment and the echo made it clear that Segura is going to be replaced as technical director at the academy.

When are we bringing in a head of player recruitment?
    I thought Rodgers was looking after that & insisted on it? :confused:
    I'd have thought the time to do that was before spending £40m?
    This transfer committee has not materialised yet, but I guess it's been delayed by the gardening leave for our new hires.

are you talking about the City lads? If so, I've seen nothing to suggest that they're coming in for any role other to join our scouting department? :confused:

• Advertisement

Great post.

So remind me again who are the directors of football at Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal and Spurs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

Great post.

It is and I agree with all of it. My point still stands though that as fans at this moment in time we realistically can't do anything other than hope that Rodgers and FSG will stop the rot that started with Hicks and Gillett.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Did you want Segura to have the role of DoF?

The role of DOF was meant to under the new structure be split up into parts so Comolli's old role would have become a number of different roles. The idea being that it would involve people with different skillsets, viewpoints etc to make better decisions as a collective. Segura as part of that committee I think would have been a valuable member yes.

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Strawberry Fields

After the dreadful performance on saturday, is he worth it?
    Yep considering who we'd get to replace him. http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/daniel-agger-offered-liverpool-deal-1269478

This Francisco Román Alarcón Suárez fella (to give him his full name) is being linked to Man Utd for about 12 million on various message boards. How pressing is Malagas fiscal misfortune? I have trouble imagining LFC shelling out too much on a 5' 9" attacking midfielder or him much wanting to play for the club.

godeas16 wrote: »
    Yep considering who we'd get to replace him. http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/daniel-agger-offered-liverpool-deal-1269478

I hate posters who judge one player/team after one game.

Absolutely stupid post.

• Advertisement

Where is all this delusion you and your band of merry men keep talking about? Delusion is saying we'll win the league, delusion is saying we'll definitely finish in the top 4, delusion is expecting us to be able to sign players that a champions league team are interested in.

I have seen none of the above in this thread so feel free to point it out to me.

Here you go. Happily handing over the club to a novice manager with less than 50 games as a top flight manager to do whatever he pleases barring relegation & actually thinking its the right thing to do. Delusion beyond belief.
    I'm perfectly willing to give BR 3 years at least to get us doing what he wants, barring relegation

When are we bringing in a head of player recruitment?
    I thought Rodgers was looking after that & insisted on it? :confused:
    I'd have thought the time to do that was before spending £40m?

are you talking about the City lads? If so, I've seen nothing to suggest that they're coming in for any role other to join our scouting department? :confused:

Yeah - Dave Fallows is to be head of Scouting and Recruitment according to the echo, but he's on 6 months gardening leave.

The official line was Rodgers would have the final say on transfers, but that it would go through a committee process, with recruitment, sports science etc.

Don't know if that's going to be fully followed through on, nobody does.

I guess the reason we are still buying players is because, well what other choice do we have. This structure should have been in place already. It should have been obvious well before the summer that Comolli and Dalglish were toast and replacements should have been in place earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Strawberry Fields

Absolutely stupid post.

One game????

Was I on mars for last season and the one before?

Here you go. Happily handing over the club to a novice manager with less than 50 games as a top flight manager to do whatever he pleases barring relegation & actually thinking its the right thing to do. Delusion beyond belief.

That's far from delusion. That's giving a young manager enough time to build the club the way he wants. Not like you to want a manager sacked without being given a chance Al.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭BINKY NIPPER

Absolutely stupid post.

One game?:eek: here is me thinking this is going on over seasons

• Advertisement

Unless he was going to Real, Barca or one of the CL clubs in England then I'd think we have a great chance.

I'd doubt too many of them are interested as well. I could see Real and City going in for him but that's it.
    This Francisco Román Alarcón Suárez fella (to give him his full name) is being linked to Man Utd for about 12 million on various message boards. How pressing is Malagas fiscal misfortune?

Supposedly the owner's not putting in any more money so they have to sell to buy.
    I have trouble imagining him much wanting to play for the club.

This I understand.
    I have trouble imagining LFC shelling out too much on a 5' 9" attacking midfielder

This I don't?

One game????

Not mars, but maybe something stronger.

You're referring to Agger who's been one of our best players and there was outcry here when there was rumours of him here going to City.

I'm pretty sure Melion had little say in the hiring of Brendan Rodgers. You should really phrase your posts to show you understand that fans are just observers of LFC not "players".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Absolutely stupid post.

Yep and every season its the same. You see a newly promoted or "small" club in the top 4 and some even stay there for a while (Remember Blackpool)
    However they nearly all sink down as the season goes and the normal order of things is restored, expect for the odd Swansea type team
    Poolwill be ok. Its a stablising year, get something to build on and be a bit more consistant through the season, thats whats expected

CL7 wrote: »
    It is and I agree with all of it. My point still stands though that as fans at this moment in time we realistically can't do anything other than hope that Rodgers and FSG will stop the rot that started with Hicks and Gillett.

I agree.

As I've said numerous times, I really like Rodgers & hope it works out for him. He seems like a bloke I could respect a lot. However he's gotta earn that.

And FSG have to up their game.
    This structure should have been in place already. It should have been obvious well before the summer that Comolli and Dalglish were toast and replacements should have been in place earlier.

And who's fault is it that the club has another season in limbo resulting in falling revenues & the top 4 becoming more & more unattainable?

I'm sorry but how did I attack a poster?

Debate and be critical of posts, don't say things like 'Lloyd is an embarrasment' or 'NO POSITIVITY ALLOWED'. I get that you have differing views. That doesn't excuse your posting style.

'Attack the post and not the poster.' - That's enshrined in the sitewide rules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

C'mon now Melion....LL is on a whole different level than the others mentioned, i quite like reading Al, opr and Leiva's posts. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

The role of DOF was meant to under the new structure be split up into parts so Comolli's old role would have become a number of different roles. The idea being that it would involve people with different skillsets, viewpoints etc to make better decisions as a collective. Segura as part of that committee I think would have been a valuable member yes.

Opr

What skillsets/viewpoints would he have offered on a day to day basis? I don't know much about the guy but it seems that's he only ever had one year as a manager, not sure if he ever been involved in recruitment of senior players either so I'm not sure what his skill set is in terms of being on a panel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,497 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Should be a way for a club like liverpool to use fan power the
    same way a religion uses members power
    ie give to their religion

I know i would give 3 pence a day to Liverpool
    So would the 80 million fans worldwide,

Where do i sign up

80 million x 3 pence a day is 876 million a year,

Absolutely stupid post.
    One game????

etc

I think (I could be wrong) that godeas16 is referring to Carra as Aggers replacement rather than Agger being a pile of poo. (at least I hope that's what's happened)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement