Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

-Ade- wrote: »
    It's on again at 9PM if you have access to LFC TV.

Currently in bed with a hangover trying to get the strength to go drink more, was hoping to watch now since I don't have access to LFCTV, thanks though!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Currently in bed with a hangover trying to get the strength to go drink more, was hoping to watch now since I don't have access to LFCTV, thanks though!

Extended match and individual player highlights - http://www.101greatgoals.com/teams/liverpool/

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Thought this was unsurprising but somewhat funny.

dan_bu ‏@dan_bu
    Ryan Babel won't travel to Hoffenheim's training camp with the team. Has to train with the reserves from now on.

Manager Babbel apparently not happy with Babel's attitude and commitment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

dan_bu ‏@dan_bu
    Ryan Babel won't travel to Hoffenheim's training camp with the team. Has to train with the reserves from now on.

He was told he was getting sold back in April i believe. Theres one or two others in same boat there i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    I agree, it is a super photo. There is genuine delight to be seen. I hope there are many more similar photos of youngsters celebrating goals - all with Carra on the sideline.
    I hope he spends a lot of time in the future with the youngsters, as he is such a huge figure at the club, he could be a great influence on them - if he isn't already.

I hope he does if he has a positive affect on their development and learned from the Lucas comments. Actions like that are a major red flag and it takes a lot to make people forget them. Time will tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

A sight for sore eyes ....

AybhMoECMAADglt.jpg:large

I couldn't help but be on edge last night when he even got close to a player for a tackle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Leiva wrote: »
    A sight for sore eyes ....

I couldn't help but be on edge last night when he even got close to a player for a tackle.

If that's a sight for sore eyes, you should see the trailer for Being Liverpool (about 3.30 in)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I lost !

Andy Carroll & Nukacola I believe I owe you money . If you want to name a charity I will double the money and send you a receipt, or if you want your fiver just let me know .
    Nuka & Andy donation now made to above charity ....

Well played Sir! :)

dan_bu ‏@dan_bu

Bring Babel back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

lookls like its gonna be a great documentary
    What Uk channel is this being shown on again?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

MD1990 wrote: »

Somebody earlier in the thread mentioned it being exclusive on Channel 5

EDIT: Link to confirm it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

FFS he's a Mac user. RODGERS OUT. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

spockety wrote: »

I bet Hodgson used IE :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Rodgers sounds very tacky...can't wait for the reboot.:pac:

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

spockety wrote: »
    Clearly, he should be using RedHat!

/me gets coat(es)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

delw wrote: »

Good stuff, that interview he gave a few days ago stunk badly so this is good news! :)

If we could get enrique going forward and linking with whoever will be on the left, like he did with pacheco in 1st half of the game and have lucas fit we'd have a nice defensive outfit there.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Early front runner for this Summer's likely saga.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

Suarez pic for the Olympics :)

suarez.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Reports on twitter via the times that we're offering 10m for Joe Allen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Reports on twitter via the times that we're offering 10m for Joe Allen.

I'd be happy enough with that all things considered. Hope the club dig their heels in and refuse to pay more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,956 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

markie29 wrote: »
    Suarez pic for the Olympics :)

suarez.jpg

oh sweet jesus protect me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Same article but from the dailyfail had this added

Skrtel, who has two years remaining on his current deal, played 45 minutes of Liverpool’s 1-1 draw against FC Toronto but afterwards he refused all requests for interviews, including from the club’s in-house television station

Very strange if true

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2177342/Brendan-Rodgers-hopes-Martin-Skrtel-wont-leave-Liverpool-Manchester-City.html#ixzz21QIErb00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

So now we are using twitter and the Daily Fail as our sources? I'm going to need a little more...

I think Swansea would talk at that price IF he wants to join us. If he doesn't (and Rodgers should know this by now), they we shouldn't be having that conversation...

Dickerty wrote: »
    So now we are using twitter and the Daily Fail as our sources? I'm going to need a little more...

I think Swansea would talk at that price IF he wants to join us. If he doesn't (and Rodgers should know this by now), they we shouldn't be having that conversation...

I used it as a source and i also said it was from the dailyfail, so take from it what you will. You could stop reading there if you so wish.

The thread is called Liverpool fc teamtalk/gossip/rumours, and nobody can argue that the daily mail offers that.....so deal with it :cool:

NukaCola wrote: »
    I used it as a source and i also said it was from the dailyfail, so take from it what you will. You could stop reading there if you so wish.

The thread is called Liverpool fc teamtalk/gossip/rumours, and nobody can argue that the daily mail offers that.....so deal with it :cool:

Just giving my preference, I have found both sources to be lacking in....closure! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Think he has a part to play this season. Could be a gem imo along with suso and shelvey. Sterling looks a bit raw but looks serious. I'm not expecting much from him this season though.

I think he is very well suited to one of the wider positions in the front 3. He was never clinical enough to play as a second striker, or big enough/defensively capable to play CM. This will suit him very well.

I still think his minutes will be limited, but a nice option to have.

Interesting stats from Saturdays game -

http://www.eplindex.com/16635/liverpool-fc-toronto-match-player-stats-analysis.html?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=liverpool-fc-toronto-match-player-stats-analysis

1. We made 660 passes, with 92% accuracy - the most of any LFC team since 2008!
    2. Carragher & Enrique had the most passes, and Carra, Ibe, Adorjan and Eccleston had 100% accuracy. Lucas, Aqua and Wilson all had only 1 misplaced pass.
    3. Sterling had the most tackles, winning 4 our of 5! And the only player with 2 chances created. Wilson had 3 or 3 tackles won.

SUCH a simple and quick change...

I'd loan Sterling out and see how he gets on. Get a season under his belt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

http://www.eplindex.com/16635/liverpool-fc-toronto-match-player-stats-analysis.html?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=liverpool-fc-toronto-match-player-stats-analysis

2. Carragher & Enrique had the most passes, and Carra, Ibe, Adorjan and Eccleston had 100% accuracy. Lucas, Aqua and Wilson all had only 1 misplaced pass.
    3. Sterling had the most tackles, winning 4 our of 5! And the only player with 2 chances created. Wilson had 3 or 3 tackles won.

He must've only made one pass? Every time he got the ball, he seemed to run into a brick wall. Either that or they were all counted as crosses, but he found a teammate very few times.

• Advertisement

And I see Toni Silva is off to Barnsley on a free? Looking at the two goals he scored for the youths this week, they could have a player albeit very raw still. I hope we have a sell-on clause (or is he out of contract?).

He must've only made one pass? Every time he got the ball, he seemed to run into a brick wall. Either that or they were all counted as crosses, but he found a teammate very few times.

But losing possession is not a misplaced pass, so that's a different stat! Besides, the wide players were obviously told to have a go at the full backs, he was just less successful...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

rarnes1 wrote: »

+1. Even in the Toronto game (I know only 1 game) you could see his decision making is not yet at the same level of his ball skills. If sent out on loan it would be important he was under the right coach.

rarnes1 wrote: »

Yep - find a club that will be flexible, initial 3 months loan, and extend if he's getting games and we don't see the need to recall him.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'd wait for a more significant game than that to start drawing any conclusions.

5starpool wrote: »
    I'd wait for a more significant game than that to start drawing any conclusions.

Well of course, but considering we have been training for 2 weeks with a mix of players from first team, reserves and youths, they seem to have got the idea pretty quickly...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

And I see Toni Silva is off to Barnsley on a free? Looking at the two goals he scored for the youths this week, they could have a player albeit very raw still. I hope we have a sell-on clause (or is he out of contract?).

I think it will turn out to be a huge mistake

Melion wrote: »
    I think it will turn out to be a huge mistake

I quite like him......seems to have the attributes to make it, should be loaned if anything, or a buy back clause

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,052 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Been thinking recently, the MLS might not be a bad league to loan young players to. Reasonably similar level to the championship (probably a touch below), but less physical. Most of the teams try to play football on the ground. English speaking country and an attractive move for someone to learn their trade. Also, the drinking age being higher might help to stem some of skullduggery young fella's get up to.

The obvious downside is the distance from home the kids would be, but really, it's not terribly different from the likes of Suso or Pacheco coming to England from Spain. The furthest possible flight is to LA which is still only a one-flight 11 hour trip from Heathrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Been thinking recently, the MLS might not be a bad league to loan young players to. Reasonably similar level to the championship (probably a touch below), but less physical. Most of the teams try to play football on the ground. English speaking country and an attractive move for someone to learn their trade. Also, the drinking age being higher might help to stem some of skullduggery young fella's get up to.

The obvious downside is the distance from home the kids would be, but really, it's not terribly different from the likes of Suso or Pacheco coming to England from Spain. The furthest possible flight is to LA which is still only a one-flight 11 hour trip from Heathrow.

I'd see that as a negative. They have to learn to deal with the physical side, if they can't they won't last in the Premier league.

• Advertisement

I'd see that as a negative. They have to learn to deal with the physical side, if they can't they won't last in the Premier league.

The lower leagues in England are a lot more physical than the premiership, and there's not much to be gained from throwing a 17 or 18 year old into a situation like that. I'd prefer them to learn to play football first, and bulk up appropriately with age rather than doing weights etc too early just so they can live with the strength of full grown adults. There's no benefit to a player like Sterling, for instance, getting kicked up and down the park by bruisers who can't handle his pace. Strength will come naturally - they just need to be in an environment where they can hone their abilities.

For guys in their 20's who have reached physical maturity, I'd agree with you, but for the younger guys, I think the MLS would be a better place for them to improve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Exactly. No point wrapping them in cotton wool only for them to come back and get kicked around in the EPL. Championship clubs would be much better for their development.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

~Rebel~ wrote: »

Would not be so simple given the rules of that league regarding foreign players, also the home territory ruling might kick in for young players (under 20).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Finally got around to watching the match. Have to say, very impressed with Spearing, he did all the simple things right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I've been away since Wednesday evening and have read nothing. Anyone care to give me a wee update on where we are with transfers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Tusky wrote: »
    I've been away since Wednesday evening and have read nothing. Anyone care to give me a wee update on where we are with transfers?

Rumours of a £10m bid for Joe Allen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Still only the one confirmed transfer in Borini, and the rest is just rumours regarding the same players that you would have read about in the first half of last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Dempsey deal with Adam involved - ideal!

Talks of a Carroll swap with Newcastle.

Joe Cole is useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Holland, Portugal, Belgium, Germany etc are the sort of countries we should try to loan players to.

I'd much rather our youngsters learning first team football in a technical league than a physical one

• Advertisement

Holland, Portugal, Belgium, Germany etc are the sort of countries we should try to loan players to.

I'd much rather our youngsters learning first team football in a technical league than a physical one

In terms of playing style, the perfect leagues really. The major drawback is the language barrier, which is much more prohibitive to settling in for young guys than adults I feel. Thats the main thing which makes me think of the MLS as an option. I have no idea what the potential complications with regards permits to actually play there (here) are though. Given how hard it is to work in other fields here, that could well be an immediate stopping point, as Kess was saying.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement