Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

But here is the thing everyone could see that the media were out to disgrace Suarez from the start, while the same media set out defending John Terry from the start.

That is the most common sense I have ever heard on the Suarez racism case from anybody in a long time . You could see from day 1 the media where out to get him but you could see when it came to terry they where going to defend him to the hilt . Why you ask , because he is English and he wouldn't do a thing like that . I would love to know who Rio Ferdinand was talking about when he said an English player who plays for his country was a well known racist in the camp .
    On the Issue of Suarez Liverpool need to make sure he shakes Evra's hand when they play at Anfield . If Evra pulls the stunt of leaving his hand down by his side again then Suarez needs to stand and leave his hand out and refuse to move till Evra shakes it .
    Then all this can be put to bed once and for all which is what the majority of people want . It will only open up a can of worms again if Terry doesn't face the same action as Suarez .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Joe Cole might be a nice guy around the dinner ladies and to a lesser extend the squad but he's tearing this thread apart. The sooner he goes the better.

Jesus, we can't let him disturb this thread!

Turf him out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Dickerty wrote: »
    The argument is that getting a CL place is somehow ALWAYS more important that winning trophies. We won trophies in 2006 and 2012, Arsenal haven't won since 2005. I think most players (and fans) would give up playing in the CL once every few years to win a trophy...

As an Arsenal fan I can tell you I'll take our games vs AC Milan and Barcelona over the past 3 years over a Carling Cup Final with Birmingham every day of the week. Sure, I'd love us to win one of the domestic cups if only to get people to stfu about it but the reality is that UCL is where its at in terms of revenue and attracting the better players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Sissoko's name and LFC seem to be mentioned a lot together on Twitter in the past 24hrs.

Now that would be exciting .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Leiva wrote: »
    Sissoko's name and LFC seem to be mentioned a lot together on Twitter in the past 24hrs.

Sure they are all people like us who read the stories on him yesterday and put 2 and 2 together cause we were interested before. It's really the most worthless source unless you know the person...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Like here? They can't even spell his name correctly :p

Lucas Leiva ‏@LLeivaFanPage
    Moussa Sissokho would be an excellent addition in my opinion

Sure they are all people like us who read the stories on him yesterday and put 2 and 2 together cause we were interested before. It's really the most worthless source unless you know the person...

Twitter is excellent for following some proper journos IMO.
    There seems to be an infinite amount of gobsh1tes on it too though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

amiable wrote: »
    Twitter is excellent for following some proper journos IMO.
    There seems to be an infinite amount of gobsh1tes on it too though

Yeh, that's what I mean. When a story really breaks, if you are following the right 15/20 guys, you tend to know in an instant. But looking through # searches - it's not good.

Yeh, that's what I mean. When a story really breaks, if you are following the right 15/20 guys, you tend to know in an instant. But looking through # searches - it's not good.
    Tony Barrett, Ben Smith, Ian Herbert, Tony Evans, Oliver Kay and Rory Smith are some of the reliable ones off the top of my head.

Ian McGarry is a spoofer IMO

Tony Barrett, Ben Smith, Ian Herbert, Tony Evans, Oliver Kay and Rory Smith are some of the reliable ones off the top of my head.

Oliver Kay ?? ... No thanks !

• Advertisement

Why so? Did I miss something he fcuked up on?
    Generally he seems to only post reliable stuff IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Find Henry Winter to be alright too.

Are you thinking of Ollie Holt?

Are you thinking of Ollie Holt?

Ooops yes.

Lol I'm even following Oliver Kay .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

cson wrote: »
    Find Henry Winter to be alright too.

Jaysus.

Pretty much the whole "Sunday Supplement" shower are circle-jerking ignoramuses who have nothing of any value to contribute to football.

Ooops yes.

Lol I'm even following Oliver Kay .

The only thing Ollie Holt is reliable for is to be found in Kebab shops regularly :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Ah Ollie "is calling someone a black cnt racist?" Holt. What a clown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

Liverpool just were not good enough to finish in the Top 4 last season and anyone that says different is kidding themselves IMHO

might as well say the same for this year I fear, the gap is just to big to close in a summer. there is 4 teams going for that 4th spot and we are going to find it very hard to get above all 4 as they have improved squads again this Summer.

The key will be getting goals, defence is fine we had the 3rd best in the league last season even with the awful run after Christmas.

time will tell.

woodyg wrote: »
    might as well say the same for this year I fear, the gap is just to big to close in a summer. there is 4 teams going for that 4th spot and we are going to find it very hard to get above all 4 as they have improved squads again this Summer.

The key will be getting goals, defence is fine we had the 3rd best in the league last season even with the awful run after Christmas.

time will tell.

Some people were calling Newcastle relegation candidates last summer and then with a few clever purchases they challenged for 4th.
    Likewise if Liverpool make some clever buys they can be in the mix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Are any of these lads talking about sissoko? (don't know hot to spell it and am not on twitter!)

gafferino wrote: »
    Are any of these lads talking about sissoko? (don't know hot to spell it and am not on twitter!)

Simple answer is no. I think Talksport are running the story. Very unreliable in my experience.

Ben Smith says there is interest from Liverpool in Clint Dempsey and Joe Alllen.
    He thinks moves for them are dependant on Andy Carroll moving on.
    He also thinks there is genuine interest in Theo Walcott but that interest is not as far down the line as Dempsey and Allen.
    He was adamant that Liverpool had no interest in Gaston Ramirez when nearly everyone else on twitter was saying there was a deal in place. Guess he was right again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Liking the link the echo put up on twitter relating to Sissoko. Tank of a midfielder, prefer spending 15m on him than Allen

AylZs5HCEAE8wio.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

Some people were calling Newcastle relegation candidates last summer and then with a few clever purchases they challenged for 4th.
    Likewise if Liverpool make some clever buys they can be in the mix.

that's the thing they have bought well again this summer.
    spurs, arsenal, chelsea, newcastle, villa have all gotten in a few pretty good players each so the gap at best will remain like last season but may even be a bit wider now as we haven't done a whole lot.

sept 1st is when the season starts really as the squad is settled and the players are back to full speed. we will improve i've no doubt in my mind about that just a case will it be enough to get back champions league most likely not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

AylZs5HCEAE8wio.jpg

"That's the crossbar, try not to hit it."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

woodyg wrote: »
    that's the thing they have bought well again this summer.
    spurs, arsenal, chelsea, newcastle, villa have all gotten in a few pretty good players each so the gap at best will remain like last season but may even be a bit wider now as we haven't done a whole lot.

sept 1st is when the season starts really as the squad is settled and the players are back to full speed. we will improve i've no doubt in my mind about that just a case will it be enough to get back champions league most likely not.

Have I missed something? Thought all they got was a guy from Rennes for free and that youngfella from Coventry?

Forgive my ignorance with the names :o

IMO, and Im posted my thoughts on this a week or two back, the table will end something like this:

1. City
    2. Chelsea
    3. United
    4. Spurs
    5. Arsenal
    6. Liverpool

Any of the teams I have in the top 3 can make a claim for number 1 spot as it stands.
    We are nowhere near these 3 teams. Nowhere.

Spurs could well surprise us all, they've been on the up for a while and AVB could prove to the English Media that he is the top coach that he was believed to be this time last year.
    We cannot even remotely compete with the squad at Spurs' disposal. Hopefully they flog Modric and fail to replace him.
    Will be shocked if we finish near them.

Arsenal haven't failed to qualify for the CL in donkey years and could easily make a claim for 3rd 4th in my list. I'm banking on RVP leaving and Wenger playing Podolski on the wing while himself and Giroud take time to adapt to PL.
    Possibly the closest team in the top 6 that we can compete with.

Honestly, and it hurts me to say it, but I think 6th place is about right for the season ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

We have signed a deal with Chevrolet as a global automotive partner.

A few sources who are independent of each other saying we are testing out Bologna with a 13m euro bid for Ramirez.

Edit....Chevy deal for 4 years.

Ayl4NF4CYAAumMj.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Training match highlights

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Knex. wrote: »
    Honestly, and it hurts me to say it, but I think 6th place is about right for the season ahead.

I would say you are 100% spot on , I would be very shocked to see us get anywhere near the top 4 because we are still 3 to 4 players short . It all depends on out targets . I still feel we need another striker and we are badly lacking on the right hand side . We where soft there this season but loosing Kuyt has made that out biggest weak spot imo .
    This season will be all about putting the long term plan into action and I think you see some rocky patches of form while rodgers implements his plan .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Good comeback by the Orange reds:D Classy finish from Danni Pacheco for one of the goals. Adam two goals:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Knex. wrote: »
    Have I missed something? Thought all they got was a guy from Rennes for free and that youngfella from Coventry?

Forgive my ignorance with the names :o

IMO, and Im posted my thoughts on this a week or two back, the table will end something like this:

1. City
    2. Chelsea
    3. United
    4. Spurs
    5. Arsenal
    6. Liverpool

Any of the teams I have in the top 3 can make a claim for number 1 spot as it stands.
    We are nowhere near these 3 teams. Nowhere.

Spurs could well surprise us all, they've been on the up for a while and AVB could prove to the English Media that he is the top coach that he was believed to bet his time last year.
    We cannot even remotely compete with the squad at Spurs' disposal. Hopefully the flog Modric and fail to replace him.
    Will be shocked if we finish near them.

Arsenal haven't failed to qualify for the CL in donkey years and could easily make a claim for 3rd 4th in my list. I'm banking on RVP leaving and Wenger playing Podolski on the wing while himself and Giroud take time to adapt to PL.
    Possibly the closest team in the top 6 that we can compete with.

Imo the only sure thing about the top end of the league is that the two Manchester clubs will be near the top, get at least 80 points and probably closer to 90. City surely will be challenging til the end if they don't have it wrapped up before the final day.

The rest are really hard to predict imo, especially at this stage before summer business is wrapped up.

I agree that Chelsea have the ability to challenge, especially if their big money buys live up to expectation and Torres continues his form from the Euros. But on the other hand they are something of an unknown quantity. They finished 25 points off the pace last year. They have a manager who is largely unproven - De Matteo did well playing backs to the wall, organised, defensive football to win the CL, but it's a different kettle of fish winning the Premiership. Di Matteo is completely unproven at this level. We also don't know what to expect from the likes of Hazard and to a lesser extent Hulk. They have no Drogba. Drogba didn't do much in the EPL last year and it effected them. Imo they could finish anywhere from challenging to the title to struggling for 4th place.

Spurs are a similarly unknown quantity. New manager that has already failed in the EPL but is of course very highly-rated. They will almost definitely lose Modric which will be a huge blow. I can see Spurs finishing on anything between 60-80 points. Really difficult to tell where they will be at this stage.

If arsenal lose RVP they could be in real trouble. Wenger usually pulls them through and I would expect them to finish top 4, but without RVP they could be in serious trouble if the likes of Girou and Podolski don't hit the ground running.

We're obviously an unknown quantity too. I might be in the minority, but I think if we conclude the rest of our summer dealings well, if the players fit into Rodgers' system, then I think we can get over 70 points and perhaps sneak back into the CL. Now I'm not saying I think we will but I do think we can and is perhaps not such a distant possibility as some might think. For the record I also believe it's possible we'll finish on a similar tally to last year.

Spurs and Arsenal could potentially have weak seasons and if we go about things the right way we could overtake them. Chelsea would be a far more distant possibility, but like I said it's possible they could finish with a similar tally as last year. They'll probably improve but it's by no means a cert.

The only thing that is definite imo is that we'll finish a good way behind the Manchester clubs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Beautiful touch by Pacheco at about 40 seconds.

And again at about 7 minutes.

opr wrote: »

Opr

I didn't want that to end. Really starting to go cold turkey now.

Suso is just one of those players that has it, that something-just oozes class.

I think Shelvey is gonna surprise a lot of people this season . His ability is starting to catch up on his swagger and soon we will have a very good player on our hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Gbear wrote: »
    Beautiful touch by Pacheco at about 40 seconds.

And again at about 7 minutes.

And by Adam at 9:10 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

shelvey is gona play a big role for us this year i think

daithijjj wrote: »

A few sources who are independent of each other saying we are testing out Bologna with a 13m euro bid for Ramirez.

Any idea of money ?

Now on Offical site ..http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/reds-sign-chevrolet-deal
    @ChevroletFC: We're happy to announce that we're the newest member of @LFC team as the Official Automotive Partner. Stay tuned for more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

I see our old friend is back @ 9:41

Just watched the u18 highlights from the weekend.

O'Hanlon looks to have moved up to the u18's. He was on the graphic at the start of the match as the left back but didn't see him in the highlights stuff. I know a few people on the thread know a good bit about him said he's a massive prospect and that Kenny went over to visit him to make sure we got his signature.

The kid we signed from Crewe, Smith who plays as a No.10 looked to have a good game and the new striker Hodzic came on as a sub and bagged a goal with another nice finish.

The kid that really caught the eye though was Jerome Sinclair who looks some prospect! Scored five goals in the two preseason matches so far. 15 years old playing with the u18's and he makes some of them look small.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

lucas, shelvey and aquilani in midfield for the yellows

hopefully they play together in the friendly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

redzerdrog wrote: »
    shelvey is gona play a big role for us this year i think
    I don't know how much game time he'll get, but I like him. Think he has the makings of a very good player.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Opr

That was pretty cool, thanks for that.

I wonder will they release any videos like that when the full squad are around for pre-season training.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Just watched the u18 highlights from the weekend.

O'Hanlon looks to have moved up to the u18's. He was on the graphic at the start of the match as the left back but didn't see him in the highlights stuff. I know a few people on the thread know a good bit about him said he's a massive prospect and that Kenny went over to visit him to make sure we got his signature.

The kid we signed from Crewe, Smith who plays as a No.10 looked to have a good game and the new striker Hodzic came on as a sub and bagged a goal with another nice finish.

The kid that really caught the eye though was Jerome Sinclair who looks some prospect! Scored five goals in the two preseason matches so far. 15 years old playing with the u18's and he makes some of them look small.

Opr

2 in 2 for hodzic, his goal scoring record is pretty insane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Seems to be becoming more certain that Bellamy will be on the way.

Becoming dangerously short up from IMO, there's a good chance that Bellamy & Carroll as well as Kuyt will leave by the end of the window with only Borini coming in. We were already pretty short of numbers up top!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

No idea about monies involved yet but at least we are keeping up with the Jones's off the pitch.

Have no fear we will have...

Cavani - Borini - Suarez

soon.

Leave me have my moment of delusion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Seems to be becoming more certain that Bellamy will be on the way.

Becoming dangerously short up from IMO, there's a good chance that Bellamy & Carroll as well as Kuyt will leave by the end of the window with only Borini coming in. We were already pretty short of numbers up top!

Bellamy and Carroll will both be replaced. I suppose Dempsey would fill the Bellamy void with another striker coming in to replace Carroll.

Suarez, Borini, Dempsey, NEW STRIKER, Gerrard, Sterling, Pacheco, Suso, Shelvey can all play front 3.

If I was being honest, I would be happier with Suarez, Borini, Dempsey, NEW STRIKER, NEW WINGER, Gerrard . . .

But it's still only July, the makeup of our squad come September 1st is still a mystery to us all.

Times - Swansea stick to guns and reject player-plus-cash deal for Joe Allen
    Gary Jacob

Swansea City have indicated that they will not accept a knockdown fee for Joe Allen or any makeweights from Liverpool after they turned down a player-plus-cash deal for the Wales midfield player.

Liverpool had been willing to pay Swansea in the region of £10 million and allow a squad player, believed to be Jonjo Shelvey, to move to the Liberty Stadium on loan for next season, but the offer was rejected by Huw Jenkins, the Swansea chairman.

Swansea’s valuation of Allen stands at £15 million, in keeping with an exit clause that was inserted in the four-year contract signed by the 22-year-old last summer.

Although Allen has not asked to leave Swansea, his present club recognise the attraction of a potential move to Merseyside, where the midfield player would be reunited with Brendan Rodgers, the new Liverpool manager who arrived at Anfield from the South Wales club last month.

Jenkins, though, is adamant that the full valuation must be met before he considers sanctioning the departure of Swansea’s most prized asset.

Tottenham Hotspur are also interested in Allen, who is in the Great Britain Olympic squad, and could make a move should Luka Modric finally complete a transfer to Real Madrid. But Liverpool remain favourites to capture Allen’s signature.

The complication for Liverpool is Rodgers’s agreement with Swansea not to return to his former club to try to sign any of their players for the next 12 months. It is understood, however, that the accord can be dropped at Swansea’s request if a deal suits them, meaning that it is up to Liverpool to make an offer for Allen that is too good to be turned down.

Spurs will you ever just **** off please.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

daithijjj wrote: »

Be surprised if we manage to pull something like that off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Times - Swansea stick to guns and reject player-plus-cash deal for Joe Allen

Spurs will you ever just **** off please.

Opr

I won't shed many tears if we don't manage to get bent over to buy Joe Allen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

AymQBdwCUAA6DXM.jpg

Gerrard and totti trading shirts, could be lining out in the away kit by the looks of things. Really looking forward to the game now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement