Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

mike65 wrote: »
    I'm sure he will be, its the fate of every manager bar the chosen few.

As I said. Madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Sounds to me that if we have a repeat of last season this season, Rodgers will be on his way. Madness.

Wouldn't that apply to everyone except Wenger and Fergie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

mike65 wrote: »
    I'm sure he will be, its the fate of every manager bar the chosen few.

Glad to see you accept such lunacy anyway. If we gained the same points tally in the league this year and got to the semi - finals plus of a couple of cups it would be ridiculous to sack Rodgers. And that's coming from me who is, to put it mildly, outraged at his appointment.

Constantly switching managers is not going to get us where we need to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Oh dear, the problem with the internet is that stony faced sarcasm just does not travel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Sounds to me that if we have a repeat of last season this season, Rodgers will be on his way. Madness.

Looking at last nights and Saturdays game and the stats of pass complete etc I can see what Rodgers is trying to do, but I fear he won't have the time to implement it whilst also preventing a hiding in the tough opening games .

I can see some form of abandonment of tika-taka and reverting to a more negative shoring up style if we are getting mangled in games - which is why I think and have changed my mind on Carroll, he needs to stay .

But it could all go tits up pretty quick if you ask me and all these sound bites from the owners ain't gonna help if there is tough decisions to be made.

I truly hope I'm wrong but everyone is gonna need a massive amount of patience for the upcoming season :o

murpho999 wrote: »
    Wouldn't that apply to everyone except Wenger and Fergie?

No I wouldn't think so. I'd certainly hope not. I don't think football is quite that broken yet, we seem to be playing more than our part in trying to make it that way though.

AVB comes 5th next season, should he be sacked?
    Pardew comes 5th/6th, sacked?

Jesus the world is ****ing bananas if you think that's the case.
    LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Constantly switching managers is not going to get us where we need to be.

This x 1000

Leiva wrote: »
    Looking at last nights and Saturdays game and the stats of pass complete etc I can see what Rodgers is trying to do, but I fear he won't have the time to implement it whilst also preventing a hiding in the tough opening games .

I can see some form of abandonment of tika-taka and reverting to a more negative shoring up style if we are getting mangled in games - which is why I think and have changed my mind on Carroll, he needs to stay .

But it could all go tits up pretty quick if you ask me and all these sound bites from the owners ain't gonna help if there is tough decisions to be made.

I truly hope I'm wrong but everyone is gonna need a massive amount of patience for the upcoming season :o

The biggest hilarity is that his most staunch advocates here, the type who've mentioned "systems" 10,000 times over the summer will be the first to turn on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Some cünts are just subhuman ...

Ayra-EpCUAAhdMk.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,367 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

it's not as simplistic as you're making it sound.

Henry very specifically said though that 17th for the course of the second half of the season was not good enough. and it isn't.

if Rodgers continues that form, then he might be at risk.

but remember too, Henry's all but admitted Dalglish was never the longterm choice. he didn't do himself favours with the Suarez case and terrible league form either. but Rodgers is the longer term plan. it'd be easy to jump to the conclusion that we'll sack him if things don't go perfectly well in the first season, but I really don't believe that's what's going to happen.

unless results are as terrible as Kenny's final few months in the league, and the team looks largely rudderless, then there may be a good chance the position is re-considered.

like it or not, Henry wants progress on the pitch in the League. that is where the general performance of the team is reckoned. the cups are a wonderful opportunity, but don't show where the team is generally headed. results and performances in the league do.

i don't agree with constant changes of managers, and i don't think he'll be doing it with Rodgers without very good reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Doesn't sound like that to me actually. He said Kenny was short-term only, so he basically had a much higher bar set then Rodgers who they have said is a long-term appointment.

No I wouldn't think so. I'd certainly hope not. I don't think football is quite that broken yet, we seem to be playing more than our part in trying to make it that way though.

AVB comes 5th next season, should he be sacked?
    Pardew comes 5th/6th, sacked?

Jesus the world is ****ing bananas if you think that's the case.

If Kenny came 5th or 6th he probably wouldn't have been sacked either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

I don't think Rodgers will be sacked if he had the same season Dalglish just did, purely because he is much more clearly their long-term choice. They are clearing out the playing staff and non-playing staff to make room for his replacements. I'm certain he will get time.

It really is that simplistic tbh Ric. You're seeing what you what to see imagining that our owners will show some sort of saint like patience while Brendan turns us into Barca-lite. Won't happen. They're only interested in results.
    "For us we were 17th over the second half of the season and Liverpool should not be in that position.

"I don't place the blame on Kenny and assistant Steve Clarke but I think it was obvious to every fan that something was wrong and something needed to be done."

He even goes as far as to say he doesn't blame Kenny (that'd the change for changes sake that I am always going about people going for)

Our owner said that based on the last 6 months a change had to be made.
    Nothing to do with age.
    Nothing to do with looking rudderless.
    Solely to do with the form.
    Something was wrong. So he sacked the manager.

That's what he said.

The sad thing is it's quite likely we'll finish 6th/8th on a similar points tally to last season & not even do well in the cups, that'd be a worse season than Dalglish had. Best of luck Brendan! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Aquilani: "I have never said I wanted to leave the city because my family and I were not happy here. This is not true." #LFC

Aquilani: "I never asked to leave but I was always pushed by the club. I am here and I would like to play for LFC but it's not up to me."

Aquilani: "How can you pay £20m for a player and this player is never taken into consideration?"

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

SlickRic wrote: »
    it's not as simplistic as you're making it sound.

Henry very specifically said though that 17th for the course of the second half of the season was not good enough. and it isn't.

if Rodgers continues that form, then he might be at risk.

Just as 13th or whatever it was, wasn't good enough for Hodgson.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Found the interview it came from with the BBC. He says the club have forced him to go out on the loan over the last few years.
    Aquilani, 28, is back with the Reds after two seasons in Italy on loan.

"How can you pay £20m for a player and this player is never taken into consideration?" he told BBC Sport.

"I never asked to leave but I was always pushed by the club. I am here and I would like to play for Liverpool but it doesn't depend only on me."

Aquilani played the first half of Liverpool's friendly defeat by his former club Roma in Boston on Wednesday, and new manager Rodgers said afterwards that he is still considering whether he has a future at the club.

But the Italian international playmaker, who has two years left on his contract and is keen to commit his future to the club, says his initial meetings with Rodgers have been encouraging.

"I had a very good talk with Brendan where we were able to share our thoughts and it was a very positive chat," Aquilani explained. "I like his footballing philosophy and I like the mentality he has because it matches my own skills."

Aquilani was signed by Rafa Benitez but has not played a competitive game for the club since Benitez's departure in the summer of 2010.

Under Roy Hodgson and Kenny Dalglish, he was sent on season-long loans to Juventus and AC Milan, and says it has been frustrating not to be able to prove to Liverpool fans he can make an impact in England.

"The situation changed after Benitez left," Aquliani added. "In past years, I felt forced out. I never asked to go on loan but they made it clear it was better for me to go.

"I think Liverpool people have to know that I have never said I wanted to leave the city because my family and I were not happy here. This is not true.

"I cannot say I have unfinished business in English football because I really never played but, the little I did, I believe I was able to show to Liverpool fans that I have quality and that I could have helped the team."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/mobile/football/18995512

Opr

The sad thing is it's quite likely we'll finish 6th/8th on a similar points tally to last season & not even do well in the cups, that'd be a worse season than Dalglish had. Best of luck Brendan! :eek:

While working towards changing our style of play, clearing out the dead-wood and inflated wage bill that Dalglish, Hodgson and even Benitez allowed to fester.

There is more to this than just league position.
    Dalglish left us 8th, but he also left us with a squad full of players who are massively overpaid relative to their contribution on the field. We have thankfully started to address that this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,367 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

It really is that simplistic tbh Ric. You're seeing what you what to see imagining that our owners will show some sort of saint like patience while Brendan turns us into Barca-lite. Won't happen. They're only interested in results.

who said "saint-like patience"? "Barca-lite"? why all the hyperbole?

i just think Brendan will get more time as he's the longterm choice, and he's obviously being allowed to clear out some deadwood.
    He even goes as far as to say he doesn't blame Kenny (that'd the change for changes sake that I am always going about people going for)

of course he's going to say that. he's not going to blame Kenny in front of the world is he? yeah, that'd be sweet music the ears of the fans, eh?
    Our owner said that based on the last 6 months a change had to be made.
    Nothing to do with age.
    Nothing to do with looking rudderless.
    Solely to do with the form.
    Something was wrong. So he sacked the manager.

That's what he said.

from Henry's interview...Kenny was short term barring a miracle...
    He added: "When I first discussed making a change before he took the job, we danced around it and discussed what role he would take at some point.

"He did say that if it was the manager's job, he would only do it until we had the right young man to come in for the long term. We spoke two or three times before he actually took the job.

"Kenny was always saying no one man is bigger than the club. Everyone knows what it meant when he came back, how he did right the ship and brought all the disparate elements back together

we were looking rudderless, you can agree with that or not, but our performances for the last 6 months, Lucas or no Lucas, weren't good, and the manager didn't perform well at all, apart from a couple of performances in cup competitions.

we'll see.

and Dalglish, i'd suggest, wasn't just sacked for league position and performances; he also spent £100m getting us to last season's point. if Rodgers did that too, i'd be fúcking píssed off.

Alan - if FSG are only interested in short term results rather than the long-term health of the club, then why would they go for Rodgers over a "safe pair of hands" like a Capello, Van Gaal or even Benitez?

It can't be money, because not only is Rodgers probably well paid, but he also cost us millions in compensation.

To me it shows that they are in this for the long term. They wanted someone to come in and completely rebuild things. And rightly so, because LFC has resembled a civil service department more so than a well-run football club, with a bloated wage bill and personnel who had long outstayed their useful life.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

opr wrote: »
    Aquilani: "I have never said I wanted to leave the city because my family and I were not happy here. This is not true." #LFC

Aquilani: "I never asked to leave but I was always pushed by the club. I am here and I would like to play for LFC but it's not up to me."

Aquilani: "How can you pay £20m for a player and this player is never taken into consideration?"

Opr
    A good PR move by Aquilani there

• Advertisement

K-9 wrote: »
    Just as 13th or whatever it was, wasn't good enough for Hodgson.

Hodgson was different. He has just never been & never will be good enough a manager for Liverpool. Compounded by the fact he was a cretinous man.

He deserved nothing but the treatment he received.

Dalglish had fantastic abilities as a manager. Clearly illustrated by his record & shown as recently as our CL/title winning form after he took over from the hodge. Also illustrated by what he was able to perform in the cups last season.

He made mistakes & underperformed at times last season, no doubt. However, he deserved time to see if he could improve this year.

Rodgers has clear potential to be a top manager & seems a decent bloke.

He deserves time now the choice has been made.

Hodgson is beyond comparrison with the two lads above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Opr
    looks like no one is interested in him so
    dunno what Benitez ws thinkin spending 20 Million on him

While working towards changing our style of play, clearing out the dead-wood and inflated wage bill that Dalglish, Hodgson and even Benitez allowed to fester.

There is more to this than just league position.
    Dalglish left us 8th, but he also left us with a squad full of players who are massively overpaid relative to their contribution on the field. We have thankfully started to address that this summer.

Honestly, I hazard a guess I could find identical posts from many people from when Hodgson took over from Rafa.

You more than others, I predict will turn on Rodgers lightning fast.
    Alan - if FSG are only interested in short term results rather than the long-term health of the club, then why would they go for Rodgers over a "safe pair of hands" like a Capello, Van Gaal or even Benitez?

It can't be money, because not only is Rodgers probably well paid, but he also cost us millions in compensation.

To me it shows that they are in this for the long term. They wanted someone to come in and completely rebuild things. And rightly so, because LFC has resembled a civil service department more so than a well-run football club, with a bloated wage bill and personnel who had long outstayed their useful life.

My fear is that they are easily led by media & hype. That they don't rate the likes of Rafa & Capello because the media in England & numpty fans don't rate them.

Swansea were lauded last season & Rodgers was rightly praised. They wanted him (seemingly ignoring the structure that was in place at Swansea prior to his arrival). They got him. He was the shiney object they desired.

I've never heard such praise & hyperbole used by people (our owners) to describe a manager who has yet to manage a competitive game at the club & has less than 50 games managed in the top flight.

The shine will quickly wear off if he doesn't deliver quickly. That's my prediction.

amiable wrote: »
    A good PR move by Aquilani there

Kenny said: "We gave him a few games, he did well in those games. But the problem for us was trying to get him in the team. We couldn’t get him in the team."

Comolli said: "With him it was more a question of opportunities to play. He's obviously a big player, he's got a very good resume and he's a very good player. But Kenny and the coaching staff felt he would play in a certain position.

As I told Alberto during the summer, unfortunately in that position is someone called Steven Gerrard and it would have been difficult for Alberto to play."

It's far more likely Aquilani is just telling the truth than any PR related move.

Opr

As bad as Hodgson was does anyone really believe he decided I'll get rid of you Mr Aquilani and I'll replace you with Poulsen?

It's my opinion that Aquilani probably wanted out.
    Of course only Aquilani can answer that but if he really wanted to stay he could have refused the loan moves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Reading the interview with Henry I'm wondering if Rodgers was the long term choice why did it take so long after Kenny was sacked to appoint him. And if The board and Kenny agreed he was only in place until a long-term younger candidate was found, why not just yearly rolling contracts?
    Lot of revisionism in that interview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Hodgson was different. He has just never been & never will be good enough a manager for Liverpool. Compounded by the fact he was a cretinous man.

He deserved nothing but the treatment he received.

Dalglish had fantastic abilities as a manager. Clearly illustrated by his record & shown as recently as our CL/title winning form after he took over from the hodge. Also illustrated by what he was able to perform in the cups last season.

He made mistakes & underperformed at times last season, no doubt. However, he deserved time to see if he could improve this year.

Rodgers has clear potential to be a top manager & seems a decent bloke.

He deserves time now the choice has been made.

Hodgson is beyond comparrison with the two lads above.

You can be a ****ing disgrace at times.

Taken from Maynor Figueroa's Wiki page(has been changed since)

Maynor Alexis Figueroa Róchez (born 2 May 1983) is a Honduran footballer who plays for Wigan Athletic as a left back. In December 2009 during a T.V. interview it was revealed that a childhood accident with a wild tortoise had resulted in the loss of all five toes on Figueroa's left foot. Figueroa is the only known person in the world to have been injured by a tortoise. This results in Nike to produce a unique personalised footware for Figueroa which includes five artificial toes to impersonate a five toed foot.

Honestly, I hazard I could find identical posts from many people from when Hodgson took over from Rafa.

I'd bet you could. Of course, it quickly became apparent that Hodgson had no intention of dealing with the pressing issues at the club. In fact his signings added to the problem, as did the new contracts handed out during his reign.

My fear is that they are easily led by media & hype. That they don't rate the likes of Rafa & Capello because the media in England & numpty fans don't rate them.

Swansea were lauded last season & Rodgers was rightly praised. They wanted him. They got him. He was the shiney object they desired.

The shine will quickly wear off if he doesn't deliver quickly.

You're talking about your fears as if they are facts.

"The shine will quickly wear off if he doesn't deliver quickly"
    - you are stating this like it's a fact, when in reality, Rodger's is the first chance they've had to really appoint their own man as manager.

As bad as Hodgson was does anyone really believe he decided I'll get rid of you Mr Aquilani and I'll replace you with Poulsen?

It's my opinion that Aquilani probably wanted out.
    Of course only Aquilani can answer that but if he really wanted to stay he could have refused the loan moves.

Purslow at that time let Insua leave and was trying to get rid of Lucas so letting Aquilani go isn't any kind of stretch.

Opr

Purslow at that time let Insua leave and was trying to get rid of Lucas so letting Aquilani go isn't any kind of stretch.

I'm just not buying this PR stunt by Aquilani.
    If you want to stay then tell the manager and not the media.

• Advertisement

I'm just not buying this PR stunt by Aquilani.
    If you want to stay then tell the manager and not the media.

He says he has sat down and had a good chat with the manager that went well. If what he says is true and the club have forced him out out in successive years after his move to Liverpool. I can tell you if it was me I would have bit my tongue much less in that interview.

Opr

He says he has sat down and had a good chat with the manager that went well. If what he says is true and the club have forced him out out in successive years after his move to Liverpool. I can tell you if it was me I would have bit my tongue much less in that interview.
    We have nothing else to go on except his word.
    You can't force a player out who is under contract if he doesn't want to go.
    We'll never know what actually happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

murpho999 wrote: »
    Whatever about his ability and performances last season: I just don't get the slagging over his weight.

See Below.

120718-024-lfc_boston_training.jpg

Think he looks fine and would love to see a 'fat' picture.

nOJhD.jpg

We have nothing else to go on except his word.
    You can't force a player out who is under contract if he doesn't want to go.
    We'll never know what actually happened.

Well we know Kenny/Comolli forced him out. They say as much themselves in the quotes I just posted and the player confirms the same thing? You would hardly hang around somewhere you're not wanted if they organise a loan back to Italy.

It just annoys me that so many fans seem to think Aquilani has been driving these moves when everything else points to the opposite.

Opr

Well we know Kenny/Comolli forced him out. They say as much themselves in the quotes I just posted and the player confirms the same thing? You would hardly hang around somewhere you're not wanted if they organise a loan back to Italy.

It just annoys me that so many fans seem to think Aquilani has been driving these moves when everything else points to the opposite.
    His agent was constantly in the media so you can understand why it's perceived that way.
    They hardly organised the loan without his knowledge or his agents.
    I've never heard Kenny/Commoli say they wanted rid of Aquilani.
    I stand by my earlier comment, you want to stay then just tell the manager and not the whole world.
    IMO Aquilani is a decent player that is turning in to a cult figure for a few decent performances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Some player highlights from last night

Jonjo

Suso

Cole

The Joe Cole video won't embed. I guess "computer says no"....lol
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLF9RKHIchc&feature=plcp

Lucas

Lucky, you forgot the most important one :pac:

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

But how else can people build their hate for him for being a failed, crocked, Anglophile who is not fit to lace Xabi's boots!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

Hodgson was different....Compounded by the fact he was a cretinous man.

Unbelieveable. You really are some tulip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

Daemonic wrote: »
    Reading the interview with Henry I'm wondering if Rodgers was the long term choice why did it take so long after Kenny was sacked to appoint him. And if The board and Kenny agreed he was only in place until a long-term younger candidate was found, why not just yearly rolling contracts?
    Lot of revisionism in that interview.

Agree. It's quite obvious that 1) they only realised Dalglish was not the answer when the season started to deteriorate and 2) they didn't know who the long term solution was until after they started talking to Martinez, Rogers, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Ádrian (who we were linked to the other day) is about to play for Spain in the Olympics if anyone wants a look at him.

I've actually heard very little about him joining and as much as I'd love him to join I don't think it's going to happen. Spurs and Arsenal have also been linked.

noodler wrote: »
    You can be a ****ing disgrace at times.

:eek:

How dare you!

:pac:
    I'd bet you could. Of course, it quickly became apparent that Hodgson had no intention of dealing with the pressing issues at the club. In fact his signings added to the problem, as did the new contracts handed out during his reign.

You must be very worried about signing the likes of Dempsey & Allen for big money in that case, because to be perfectly frank if I didn't know any better, I'd think our transfers were being dictated by the same person who has been doing it for the last couple of years.

In fact under Dalglish we were continually linked to both players, only to be met with howls of disgust on this very thread from the same people who seemingly now think that they're gonna be cornerstones to our return to greatness! :pac::P
    "The shine will quickly wear off if he doesn't deliver quickly"
    - you are stating this like it's a fact, when in reality, Rodger's is the first chance they've had to really appoint their own man as manager.

No he's not? :confused:

They clearly were 100% responsible for the appointment of Dalglish.
    Ardent wrote: »
    Unbelieveable. You really are some tulip.

Not quite sure who you are, are you the guy who thought Kuyt should be loaned out a few seasons ago & that Lucas was a disgrace to the jersey?

Tulip indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

La tulipe noire :D

caricature-alain-delon-la-tulipe-noire2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Not quite sure who you are, are you the guy who thought Kuyt should be loaned out a few seasons ago & that Lucas was a disgrace to the jersey?

Tulip indeed.

Nice, that's nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Funny how certain people can call Hodgon's character into question in such a disgraceful manner for a couple of silly comments overhyping performances yet cry at the sacking of a manager who pretty much made a fool of himself defending someone adjudged to have made racist remarks and really bringing the club's reputation into question.

Poor Roy, if only he had realised being a Liverpool legend allows you spout whatever crap you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭NEDDURC

Morzadec wrote: »
    Ádrian (who we were linked to the other day) is about to play for Spain in the Olympics if anyone wants a look at him.

I've actually heard very little about him joining and as much as I'd love him to join I don't think it's going to happen. Spurs and Arsenal have also been linked.

Looks as though Spain are losing, 1-0 with a man sent off. Am in work and not watching it but that's pretty surprising.

noodler wrote: »
    Funny how certain people can call Hodgon's character into question in such a disgraceful manner for a couple of silly comments overhyping performances yet cry at the sacking of a manager who pretty much made a fool of himself defending someone adjudged to have made racist remarks and really bringing the club's reputation into question.

Poor Roy, if only he had realised being a Liverpool legend allows you spout whatever crap you want.

LOL :D

Whatever your thoughts on Kenny, he was doing what he felt was best for the club, it's fans & the team on the pitch. Maybe he was wrong. But his heart was in the right place.

Roy was just....ugh....even remembering him makes me sad. What a stain he is on the clubs managerial history :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

:eek:

How dare you!

:pac:

You must be very worried about signing the likes of Dempsey & Allen for big money in that case, because to be perfectly frank if I didn't know any better, I'd think our transfers were being dictated by the same person who has been doing it for the last couple of years.

In fact under Dalglish we were continually linked to both players, only to be met with howls of disgust on this very thread from the same people who seemingly now think that they're gonna be cornerstones to our return to greatness! :pac::P

Was it not Sinclair we were linked with?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

LOL :D

Whatever your thoughts on Kenny, he was doing what he felt was best for the club, it's fans & the team on the pitch. Maybe he was wrong. But his heart was in the right place.

Roy was just....ugh....even remembering him makes me sad. What a stain he is on the clubs managerial history :(

So you think Hodgson wasn't doing what he thought was best?
    Remember now, I never wanted Rafa sacked and certainly didn't want Hodgson as his replacement.

• Advertisement

K-9 wrote: »
    Was it not Sinclair we were linked with?

Liverpool scouts had watched Joe Allen quite a bit IIRC

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement