Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I'm on my phone so won't try quote and delete as needed but Kenny and tactical astuteness do not belong in the same sentence. And please for my sanity don't mention that ONE game against Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Kess73 wrote: »
    I can see the logic of hiring Rodgers, and I defo think the guy has it in him to be a good manager.

I'm just saying that I can also see where people are coming from when they say they are not overjoyed at his appointment.

Oh its very true alot of us where underwhelmed by Rodgers but having looked at how Henry and Co . ran the Red Sox it was always nearly going to be a long term plan implemented at the Club rather then we will do a Man City or Chelsea and just throw money at it until we win the league because lets face they can't compete with the two clubs in the money stakes .
    I would say we will have a clear picture on Rodgers in the next few years to see if he was the right or wrong appointment . Lets hope he can bring back the pass and move football we want to be seen played and gets all the backing he needs to make it happen .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭NEDDURC

Uruguay are 1 down to U.A.E - very surprised. Upside we may get Suarez and Coates back early (hopefully Ramierez too!!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Melion wrote: »
    People calling for Pep and Mourinho were being dillusional. We are not the big name we used to be, and I'm sure a lot of big managers looked at how Rafa was treated by a lot of "fans", why would they get involved in a situation like that?

There were plenty of other names suggested that were not Pep and Mourinho.

Don't really want to drag up a "we should have gotten Manager X or Manager Y" debate as we have a man in place now who has our hopes upon his shoulders, but there were more realistic options than Pep and Mourinho who, on paper, were the types that would have seemed like serious upgrades.

But we have Rodgers now, and by the time we hit Xmas we will know an awful lot more about the guy in terms of tactics, flexibility, ruthlessness (either a lack of or an abundance of), self confidence etc etc.

He is not the manager that I had hoped for after Kenny was sacked, but he is one that fires a degree of optimism in me. If he is as much his own man as he appears to be, then I think he will win most doubters over before the season is out, and that he will have the club going in the right direction within two full seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Sign the Uae skipper up buck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Sign the Uae skipper up buck!

Some goal by Ramirez!!

There's another 5m on Ramirez transfer fee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭NEDDURC

The fact that Rodgers has very clear ideas about the way he wants to play etc. gives me hope. If he is backed in the transfer market and can add a few key first team players then I think he's a great chance.

If things start to go wrong it could be a tsunami of critics ready to put him under pressure and it'll be interesting to see how he handles that.

I was just coming on to say that going on the first half I'd prefer Rahman to Ramirez

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

That's my point. Judging them both on last season, rodgers is a big upgrade.

This is what confuses me, I understand they're Swansea & all.....BUT....

We performed better them in the league (which I'm always told doesn't lie) & both cups & we had an awful league campaign with them having a great one?! :confused:

No obvious upgrade there in the slightest. If anything it seems like a downgrade?! :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Some goal by Ramirez!!

Time for a Youtube comment.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

People calling for Pep and Mourinho were being dillusional. We are not the big name we used to be, and I'm sure a lot of big managers looked at how Rafa was treated by a lot of "fans", why would they get involved in a situation like that?

Like yourself? You called for Pep I do believe. Is that an admission of dellusion?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78421762&postcount=3

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭patsy mulcaghy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18995674

Interesting scenes, I don't think Andy will be let go for less than $20mill either

Mr Alan wrote: »

We performed better them in the league (which I'm always told doesn't lie) & both cups & we had an awful league campaign with them having a great one?! :confused:

No obvious upgrade there in the slightest. If anything it seems like a downgrade?! :confused:

I think, and I could possibly be wrong here, that the extra expense to put together the Liverpool squad compared to the Swansea squad should in some people's eyes make for more than a 5 point difference over 38 matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,367 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

apologies Willy, it seems i was mistaken about the payoff; i didn't know what i was talking about it seems.

now to wash myself :D

Kenny is still anything but a "stain" on the club though.

• Advertisement

amiable wrote: »
    Like yourself? You called for Pep I do believe. Is that an admission of dellusion?

http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78421762&postcount=3

You, sir, need to read the thread title you took that quote from.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18995674

Interesting scenes, I don't think Andy will be let go for less than $20mill either

I'd doubt West Ham would bid unless they knew Carroll was interested.
    Sam and Carroll share the same dodgy agent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

I don't care what he did as a player.
    I dont care what he did as a manager in the 80's.
    I don't care what he did as blackburn manager with Walkers money.
    I DON'T CARE WHAT HE DID IN THE 80'S.

The fact is he was not far off relegation form in the 2nd half of last season.
    We played 5 matches to get to the fa cup final, United were the only game we did well to win and very nearly threw that away. We were lucky to beat Everton and were then schooled by Chelsea bar the final 15 minutes.
    Penalties to beat Cardiff in the league cup says it all, especially when you remember that we didn't even deserve extra time.

It's time people took off the rose tinted glasses and realise that Kenny just was not able to be so involved in the game at such a high level anymore. SAF has evolved from 1986, Kenny has not.

with fans like you LFC deserves no success

100m and we finished 5 points ahead of Swansea. Open your eyes fully Al

rossie1977 wrote: »
    with fans like you LFC deserves no success

Care to elaborate? Because I'm a realist?

• Advertisement

I think, and I could possibly be wrong here, that the extra expense to put together the Liverpool squad compared to the Swansea squad should in some people's eyes make for more than a 5 point difference over 38 matches.

Yea, cause if one thing is assured its that a managers methods will transfer over with ease to a so called "big" club :confused:

I've pointed out before, but the likes of Brown, Jewell, Big Sam, Alan Curbishly & Coyle have had as impressive seasons in the PL as Rodgers had last season, and they weren't working under a strict DOF model whereby the philosophy & system the team play with was actually in place before they arrived.

Yea, cause if one thing is assured its that a managers methods will transfer over with ease to a so called "big" club :confused:

I've pointed out before, but the likes of Brown, Jewell, Big Sam, Alan Curbishly & Coyle have had as impressive seasons in the PL as Rodgers had last season, and they weren't working under a strict DOF model whereby the philosophy & system the team play with was actually in place before they arrived.

And how many of them got a big job?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

How is it a downgrade?

Man who took Swansea to 11th, a couple of points behind us with a limited squad and resources vs. man who had big money to transform the team, finished 8th and won a cup.

I agree Kenny is and always will be a legend of the club but achievements from 20 years ago don't really count these days.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

You, sir, need to read the thread title you took that quote from.

And you should read your post again. You were making a case for him to come to Liverpool. Delusion is delusion.

And you should read your post again. You were making a case for him to come to Liverpool. Delusion is delusion.

I was making a case for wanting him at the club. I want Messi and Ronaldo too, he was never and most likely will never be a viable option. Just like Messi and Ronaldo.

I was making a case for wanting him at the club. I want Messi and Ronaldo too, he was never and most likely will never be a viable option. Just like Messi and Ronaldo.

And you also commented on how well he speaks of Liverpool and the academy.
    That's making a case for why he would go to Liverpool.
    By your own admission that's deluded. Put down the shovel.

And how many of them got a big job?

None.....that's kind of the point I'm making?! :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I find it hilarious that the League Cup is always discarded by the Kenny haters as 'needed penalties to beat Cardiff - says it all'. That victory over two legs against the League Champions, or away victories against Stoke and Chelsea are coveniently forgotten. :rolleyes:

And you also commented on how well he speaks of Liverpool and the academy.
    That's making a case for why he would go to Liverpool.
    By your own admission that's deluded. Put down the shovel.

That's stating a fact, he has spoken of our youth policy. I've said it on here before, I'll manage Liverpool before Pep or Mourinho do.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'm not sure what is going to annoy me more about the forthcoming season. People here using the nickname buck, or overuse of the term tiki-taka. It'll be close I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

K-9 wrote: »
    How is it a downgrade?

Man who took Swansea to 11th, a couple of points behind us with a limited squad and resources vs. man who had big money to transform the team, finished 8th and won a cup.

alex mcleish got birmingham to 9th with 50 points in his first season in the premier, better than rodgers did at swansea

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I find it hilarious that the League Cup is always discarded by the Kenny haters as 'needed penalties to beat Cardiff - says it all'. That victory over two legs against the League Champions, or away victories against Stoke and Chelsea are coveniently forgotten. :rolleyes:

People are retards.

I fear it'll soon be recognised & we'll be chasing our next manager.

That Laudrup fella is doing great things at Swansea......:pac:

rossie1977 wrote: »
    alex mcleish got birmingham to 9th with 50 points in his first season in the premier, better than rodgers did at swansea

Next manager picked.

Sweet as.

5starpool wrote: »
    I'm not sure what is going to annoy me more about the forthcoming season. People here using the nickname buck, or overuse of the term tiki-taka. It'll be close I'd say.

I think it'll be people realising tikka takka doesn't meaning banging in a load of goals every game & in actual fact we'll likely be far more frustrating to watch than we were this season, that'll do it imo.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

Shocking performance against Stoke saved by some magic from Suarez, I was at the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

There's another 5m on Ramirez transfer fee

10 judging by our past transfer standards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

K-9 wrote: »
    Time for a Youtube comment.

WELCOME TO ANFIELD!

Shocking performance against Stoke saved by some magic from Suarez, I was at the game.

Note to self; Rodgers must win at one of the toughest grounds in the country to go to. Not just win. With style. Noted.

Honestly, is there something in the water in Clare?

And I was at the final. So what. They won against Stoke and Chelsea away and over 2 legs against a City team that went for it.
    Great performance to win that trophy IMO.

• Advertisement

And I was at the final. So what. They won against Stoke and Chelsea away and over 2 legs against a City team that went for it.
    Great performance to win that trophy IMO.

Sorry but I don't have Stoke on that high a pedestal. They're a team Liverpool should be beating.

Sorry but I don't have Stoke on that high a pedestal. They're a team Liverpool should be beating.

And they did yet you still complain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Lol is that Nani in a David Luiz wig. Omar A. I think his name was.

Idiots in the crowd booing Suarez's every touch. ****.

EDIT: A picture. Maybe not Nani, but a close relation.

JJC_UAE-3-crop.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

TBF King Kenny left a far bigger stain on your club than Roy ever could.

His antics were appalling at times and he didn't even have the dignity to step down in the end, he had to be forced out.

You give KK an easy time just because he was a legend for ye as a player but the reality is he was embarrassing the club off and on field.

Riveting stuff Willy :rolleyes:

tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

And they did yet you still complain

I'm not complaining at all. I just don't see why they are mentioned in the same sentence as Chelsea and City. We should beat them and did so, not that great an achievement.

I'm not complaining at all. I just don't see why they are mentioned in the same sentence as Chelsea and City. We should beat them and did so, not that great an achievement.

Away to Stoke is a tough enough fixture I think most people would concur. Except Shannon of course. The grass is blue and the sky is green.

• Advertisement

Away to Stoke is a tough enough fixture I think most people would concur. Except Shannon of course. The grass is blue and the sky is green.

And hamburgers eat people

It seems to have been mostly overlooked that West Ham have bid for Andy Carroll today

It seems to have been mostly overlooked that West Ham have bid for Andy Carroll today

But Kenny bought him, he must be kept.

And hamburgers eat people

They do indeed

But Kenny bought him, he must be kept.

:confused:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement