Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

amiable wrote: »
    It seems to have been mostly overlooked that West Ham have bid for Andy Carroll today

I read it but didn't take much notice. All it says is they will break their transfer fee record. Their previous transfer fee was the £7.5m West Ham paid Liverpool for Craig Bellamy in 2007.

In other news Japan pull off the first shock of the Olympic football competition by beating 10-man Spain 1-0 at Hampden Park. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Idiots in the crowd booing Suarez's every touch. ****.

It's on in Old Trafford so probably a few United fans there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

rossie1977 wrote: »
    alex mcleish got birmingham to 9th with 50 points in his first season in the premier, better than rodgers did at swansea

And not far off Kenny, he won a Carling Cup too didn't he. Its a discussion that goes round in circles but really, Rodgers was a massive achievement, a very small club in relative terms which finished easily in the PL, surpassing all expectations vs. well, we all know a very underwhelming performance barring the cups.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I read it but didn't take much notice. All it says is they will break their transfer fee record. Their previous transfer fee was the £7.5m West Ham paid Liverpool for Craig Bellamy in 2007.

The BBC piece says they want to take him on loan and pay 15 million next season

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Lol is that Nani in a David Luiz wig. Omar A. I think his name was.

Idiots in the crowd booing Suarez's every touch. ****.

EDIT: A picture. Maybe not Nani, but a close relation.

JJC_UAE-3-crop.jpg

I said earlier Nani and Fellaini's love-child so see where you're coming from yeah!

BKC wrote: »
    It's on in Old Trafford so probably a few United fans there.

Or more likely IMO Suarez is generally a player that is not like in England now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Off topic.

Rafa signed Shelvey, Sterling, Suso and Pacheco. Hes some legend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

hefferboi wrote: »
    Off topic.

Rafa signed Shelvey, Sterling, Suso and Pacheco. Hes some legend.

And Torres, pepe, xabi, masch, kuyt, Johnson, agger, skrtel, Lucas. Not bad really was he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Melion wrote: »
    And Torres, pepe, xabi, masch, kuyt, Johnson, agger, skrtel, Lucas. Not bad really was he?

Yeah but he signed all the young lads when they were very young and now all look like they could be unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Suarez playing brutal for Uruguay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Riveting stuff Willy :rolleyes:

tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

I agree with his points.

Melion wrote: »

And Leto, Nunez, Josemi, Zenden, Godwin Antwi, Jack Hobbs, Paul Anderson, Antonio Barragan, Mark Gonzalez, Nabil El Zhar, David Martin, Morientes, Voronin, Padelli, Ayala, Pennant, Damien Plessiss, Charles Itandje, Babel, Dossena, Degen, Robbie Keane, Nemeth amongst others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,281 ✭✭✭Glico Man

djPSB wrote: »

in fairness, bar 8 games and a few weeks before the start of last season, he's not had much of a break since he joined us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Samich wrote: »
    I agree with his points.

Of course you do.

You're both sitting down the back of the bus licking the windows.

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Of course you do.

You're both sitting down the back of the bus licking the windows.

g'lad.

aaronh007 wrote: »

in fairness, bar 8 games and a few weeks before the start of last season, he's not had much of a break since he joined us.

I thought it would have been the lack of match practice that was affecting him.

Looks like that, it is only like a pre season match tbf. Can't expect players to be firing on all cylinders for 10 months of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,281 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Could be, when you look at Cavani as well, but others are playing well in comparison to those two. Both have had long seasons when you factor in the Copa America last summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Cavani played worse imho. Fortunate enough Uruguay

• Advertisement

Good to see Coates & Suarez come through Uruguay 1st match unscathed.
    The boo boys were out in force at Old Trafford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

amiable wrote: »
    Or more likely IMO Suarez is generally a player that is not like in England now

Or more likely that a fair amount of English soccer fans are complete droolers. Maybe it's the same in every country but I only go to Liverpool games so I don't know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Good to see Coates & Suarez come through Uruguay unscathed.
    The boo boys were out in force at Old Trafford

Well it is the London Olympics, gotta expect the place to be full of Utd fans.

Felt very pre-season that by Uruguay, Coates and Suarez were very meh imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Coates did fine, Suarez only crime was to be commented upon by Mark Bright for 90 mins!

Anyone wrote: »
    Well it is the London Olympics, gotta expect the place to be full of Utd fans.

Felt very pre-season that by Uruguay, Coates and Suarez were very meh imo.

Yes but we all know that most United fans live outside Manchester :D

Yes but we all know that most United fans live outside Manchester :D

Thats why I made sure to call it the London Olympics :P

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    Coates did fine, Suarez only crime was to be commented upon by Mark Bright for 90 mins!

He was playing too deep in the first half, played a guy on for the UAE goal and played another guy on when they had that near post header chance in the first half.

Coates did play the UEA onside (just) but the goal came about mainly due to another CB leaving the door wide open and a very good pass in the first place.

FC Gomel are Liverpools 3rd round EL opponents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

FC Gomel are Liverpools 3rd round EL opponents.

If we manage to beat them it will be a truly historic win for Liverpool Football Club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Knex. wrote: »
    If we manage to beat them it will be a truly historic win for Liverpool Football Club.

Won't be as good as knocking the mighty Trabzonspor out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Just read over the last few pages there over the past half hour, somebody please shoot me in the fcking face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭hadepsx

Just read over the last few pages there over the past half hour, somebody please shoot me in the fcking face.

BOOM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Awful lot of jimmies rustled today in here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,069 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Decent goal for Bellamy against Senegal..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Decent goal for Bellamy against Senegal..

How is Allen playing?

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

opr wrote: »

How is Allen playing?

Opr

Not too bad from what I've seen, put in some good tackles and his passing has been good, not a huge amount of forward passes though

How is Allen playing?

Opr

injured now.

should be okay.

Senegal team are absolute tanks.

edit: Joe Allen gone off injured.

Allen off injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Ooooh, maybe Allen's injury to reduce our interest in him, or at least save us a few quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

I fear Bellamy has a bad injury there...shocking tackle on him from the Senegal defender.

• Advertisement

Bellamy took an awful tackle to his knee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭noodler

rossie1977 wrote: »
    with fans like you LFC deserves no success

Absolute nonsense.

The ability to judge a season on its merits, both on and off the field, without resorting to ancient history does not make someone a bad fan.

Amazing the vile that gets typed about Roy here without raising an eyebrow and someone who suggests Kenny should be judged on his time as manager alone are called 'bad fans'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

How is Allen playing?

Opr

I was impressed with what I saw. He is a slick player with the ability to read the midfield well and a good accurate pass on him.

He still has a bit learn and may need to let the ball do a bit more of the work and take less touches, but he is still young so lots of time .

I think with the players we could put in front and behind him we could see a very confident player .

£15mil is on the steep side but I would rather we took the risk on him rather than seeing him develop into the finish article at one of our competitors .

Completely different players but I would trade Downing in the morning for him if I had the chance.

Bellamy looks a fit as a butchers dog and as angry! I think he'll be okay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Good, that's what Liverpool needs :)

And now I'm just waiting for a post in that Summer Transfer thread...'Bellamy joining XYZ for an undisclosed fee' :confused:

Lars1916 wrote: »

Good, that's what Liverpool needs :)

And now I'm just waiting for a post in that Summer Transfer thread...'Bellamy joining XYZ for an undisclosed fee' :confused:

Id say it'll be more likely that he'll be hitting the headlines for going after the fella that nearly broke his leg tonight with his golf club!

And rightly so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Id say it'll be more likely that he'll be hitting the headlines for going after the fella that nearly broke his leg with his golf club!

Isn't that some years old story?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18995674

Interesting scenes, I don't think Andy will be let go for less than $20mill either

$?

Who cares about dollars.

$100 billion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

LFC Is My Religion ‏@LFCIsMyReligion

@JimBoardman #WHU offer £2mil + full wages for season long loan of Carroll with £16m transfer clause if they stay up [The Times- Tony B]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

LFC Is My Religion ‏@LFCIsMyReligion

@JimBoardman #WHU offer £2mil + full wages for season long loan of Carroll with £16m transfer clause if they stay up [The Times- Tony B]

Yes please.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement