Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

LFC Is My Religion ‏@LFCIsMyReligion

@JimBoardman #WHU offer £2mil + full wages for season long loan of Carroll with £16m transfer clause if they stay up [The Times- Tony B]

So £18m.
    No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

@JimBoardman #WHU offer £2mil + full wages for season long loan of Carroll with £16m transfer clause if they stay up [The Times- Tony B]

If that's true I would bite their hand off if I was in charge. Obviously on the condition that it's an automatic purchase when they stay up, none of this "we'll see" lark that goes on. Aquilani anyone? Can't see them wanting to get stung like that again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

oooooh! That's a clever offer. 2 million (and wages saved) now plus 16 million next year, which is surely as close to a 20 million deal as you can get without it being a cash in hand lump sum. Will the Hammers stay up though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

I think 18 million is a reasonable price for Carroll.

But we would be basically betting on 1) West Ham staying up and 2) West Ham staying solvent. In all likelihood they will be a premiership team in a year and will be obliged to pay us that money.

Obviously there is a year's delay in the cash flowing from the deal. Hopefully the owners can stump up the cash on a temporary basis to find us a quality replacement

If Rodgers wants rid, I would sell. But I would stall on that WHU offer to try and tempt a Newcastle bid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Just sell him if you are gonna sell him. Jesus christ I'm sick of loans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Kirby wrote: »
    If that's true I would bite their hand off if I was in charge. Obviously on the condition that it's an automatic purchase when they stay up, none of this "we'll see" lark that goes on. Aquilani anyone? Can't see them wanting to get stung like that again.

Hopefully Brandon Rogers has the same mindset....if we can squeeze another five million out of Sam to sell him his hand back everyone is a winner.

So £18m.
    No.

I really like Andy Carroll, but he is not an £18m striker. I would not be happy if my club were paying more than £10m for him.

If we are smart, we could replace him with two quality players the manager actually wants

Just sell him if you are gonna sell him. Jesus christ I'm sick of loans.

It's not a loan though. It's an option to buy that is enforced if they stay up. Tbh that seems like a good deal for everyone involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

mike65 wrote: »
    Bellamy looks a fit as a butchers dog and as angry! I think he'll be okay.
    he has his own chef & does a special training regime to suit himself
    he has got incredible speed for a man his age

mike65 wrote: »
    oooooh! That's a clever offer. 2 million (and wages saved) now plus 16 million next year, which is surely as close to a 20 million deal as you can get without it being a cash in hand lump sum. Will the Hammers stay up though?

For all the slagging people like to give Big Sam, I'd fancy him to keep them up, and I'd also fancy Carroll to be the guy who keeps them up

• Advertisement

Carroll will never be top 4 quality but he is a better version of Carlton Cole so it's a trade up for them. You can see why they would want him.

That deal essentially gives us an extra £6m to play with this season (£2m up-front fee plus £4m wages saved). That in itself could be the first installment on a replacement plus his wages for a year. Then we are looking at £16m coming in next year.

Having resigned myself and prepared myself for Carroll's departure, that is a good deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Kirby wrote: »
    It's not a loan though. It's an option to buy that is enforced if they stay up. Tbh that seems like a good deal for everyone involved.

And if they don't stay up we've loaned him out for a year. We need the money now to replace him. We need another striker anyway, if hes sold or loaned we need 2.

Just give us the money outright so we can be done with it and improve the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Would be stunned if Carroll moved to London with there being a chance of it becoming a permanent deal.

I really like Andy Carroll, but he is not an £18m striker. I would not be happy if my club were paying more than £10m for him.

If we are smart, we could replace him with two quality players the manager actually wants

£18m isn't a great deal these days. Andy is top drawer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

You forgot

hwHNc.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

gafferino wrote: »

I think he is right when he say we have shown alot of teams too much respect in the past . Which is true with some of the hoof ball teams in the league . I don't think we are that far away from a top four challenge but if we have any ambitions of top 4 , we need a striker and a right sided player .
    If we get these 2 signing then there is no reason why we can't get back into the champions league .
    I have to say our lack of a killer instinct last season killed us because we hit the woodwork so many times and played teams off the park and still only ended up with a draw . So if Rodgers does his homework and can get us to improve in the final third I think we can mount a challenge for top four .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Kess has said he's a homebird based on stories he has heard and the papers, for all they are worth, are saying he doesn't want West Ham.

It isn't the worst loan deal we would have been involved in, none of this 25 games nonsense, if West Ham stay up they'll stump up the cash. We'll save his wages and get £2 Million if it works out or not.

Still, I'd prefer to keep him for a season rather than loan him. Make him more determined to prove himself with us or to some other club willing to pay circa £20 Million next season.

If it was the £16 + the 2 Million now, I'd be very tempted.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Andy Carroll and Sam Allardyce share the same agent.
    Would West Ham really waste their time bidding if Carroll had no interest in going there?
    If any manager in the league knows what Andy Carroll wants its Sam Allardyce.
    That would seem crazy to go to the trouble of such a bid when the manager knows if he's not interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,069 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

gafferino wrote: »

****ing hate articles like that.

Towards the top, we have this:
    Steven Gerrard claims Liverpool will “definitely” make the top four under new boss Brendan Rodgers next season.

They quote the word "definitely". The only times in the whole interview where Gerrard says "definitely" are;
    “We’ll definitely see a much bolder and exciting Liverpool team,”

and

“We’ll definitely see a much bolder Liverpool team, but with a quick transition into organisation when we lose the ball.”

There's a big difference between "I honestly think we can make top four" and "we will definitely make top four".

So you're saying we're definitely going to make top 4.

So say we take that deal, are we obliged to sell Andy if for instance he scores 20 odd goals?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

So say we take that deal, are we obliged to sell Andy if for instance he scores 20 odd goals?

Well that would be my understanding of the deal they buy if they stay up , if we are thinking of selling Carroll do it now and get it over and done with . So we have money to play around with to bring in a new striker . But I would rather keep him because he reminds me of gomez and bayern at one stage were gving him to us for a pittance but it didn't happen and he went on score a shed load of goals .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Andy carroll needs a new agent, everything about curtis and fat sam stinks to high heaven!

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/906352-gaston-ramirezs-agent-arrives-in-england-for-liverpool-talks#ixzz21klyNfqy
    Reds boss Brendan Rodgers is desperate to add some much needed width to his new-look team next season, and has turned to Ramirez after baulking at Fulham's £10 million asking price for Clint Dempsey.
    A fast, agile and elegant left winger who can play up front, Ramirez is rated as one of the finest players in Italy, and has been tracked by Barcelona, AC Milan and the two Manchester clubs in the last six months.
    However, it appears that Liverpool, who held initial talks over a deal with Bologna last month, have jumped the queue, with the players agent arriving in England this week to sort out a transfer to the Premier League:
    'Gaston is ready to leave Italy - so much so I am in England for talks with a Premier League club,' agent Pablo Betancourt told Mercato.
    'He is one of the most important players in Uruguray, so there are no shortage of offers.'
    Inter Milan and Tottenham are two other clubs believed to have significant interest in Ramirez, but neither are willing to stump up the £15 million Bologna want for the 21-year-old.
    That clears the way for Liverpool to get their man, and they are hopeful they land the player in the next fortnight, despite the transfer being complicated, as Ramirez will be on duty for Uruguay during the London Olympics.
    The former Penarol ace, who is contracted to Bologna until 2016, has already set his heart on a move to Anfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

What happens if he scores 2 and they stay up. Sorry but we would be mad not to take that deal.
    redzerdrog wrote: »
    Andy carroll needs a new agent, everything about curtis and fat sam stinks to high heaven!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79666833&postcount=8230

Posted loads about this but it shouldn't be forgot Carroll is no angel in this whole thing.

Opr

opr wrote: »
    What happens if he scores 2 and they stay up. Sorry but we would be mad not to take that deal.

Posted loads about this but it shouldn't be forgot Carroll is no angel in this whole thing.

Opr

My point is, what if he has a stormer of a season and we want to take him back?

You can't have it both ways. If we want a water tight deal to guarantee they sign him we can't decide then we changed our mind.
    Only thing is if we don't tie him down to have to sign him for West Ham next summer and he goes on loan and scores 20+ League goals he'll be worth more than £20 million next summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

amiable wrote: »
    You can't have it both ways.

Someone should have told Juve and Milan!

Exactly as amiable says you can't have it both ways. I don't believe Rodgers will ever want him back anyway.

You should read the guardian link I posted. Carroll is a money man who dumped his boyhood agent so he could get a big payday. **** him.

Opr

jenno86 wrote: »
    Someone should have told Juve and Milan!

:confused:

Did they have water tight deals that agreed to sign him no matter what?

• Advertisement

IMO Carroll will sign for Newcastle for £20 million.
    To be honest I didn't think Liverpool would get that much last week.

Exactly as amiable says you can't have it both ways. I don't believe Rodgers will ever want him back anyway.

You should read the guardian link I posted. Carroll is a money man who dumped his boyhood agent so he could get a big payday. **** him.

Opr

He didn't even want to leave Newcastle.

Who signed the contract Andy? ;)

We pull a Juve or Milan in reverse!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

@ opr: "boyhood agent" :eek:

Sounds like some sort of child trafficker than man!

• Advertisement

I know the poor tortured soul who changed agents two weeks before the deal. An agent who couldn't even represent him for legal reasons but Liverpool at the time employed someone who was director of the same company as that agent who had never done a football deal in his life to witness the deal. The same agent who has been shown over and over to be shady as ****.

Opr

Opr

I'd respect Conn as a journalist but tbh, if anybody came out of that piece badly it was Liverpool. Liverpool has had huge agent fees in previous accounts, this looked liked facilitating more huge agent fees.

Given that Carroll was a Newcastle palyer with a couple of days to go, had no inkling Liverpool wanted him so much, reportedly wanted to stay at Newcastle, Nah, it doesn't add up for me.

What adds up for me is Carroll was in dispute with his agent, was staying at Newcastle after a new contract deal, stuff would have got sorted eventually. Liverpool come in with their initial offer of £25 Million or whatever it was, eventually raised to £35 Million.

In short, far too much points to Liverpool faciliating a quick deal, rather than Carroll knowing 2 weeks before Liverpool would sign him, using his Keith Barry powers!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

I can't see pardew wanting Andy tbh how will he fit in his system I would say he rather spend 18m in other parts of the field. Do you think Liverpool will be able to get a better offer than West hams ?

I can't see pardew wanting Andy tbh how will he fit in his system I would say he rather spend 18m in other parts of the field. Do you think Liverpool will be able to get a better offer than West hams ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

He's already said that he wants him.

Opr

"boyhood agent"

I've heard it all now.

I don't care what deal Carroll cut to come to Liverpool, i'll only go by what i've seen on the pitch. If people want to criticise him for his performances fine but his finances are his own business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

I don't care what deal Carroll cut to come to Liverpool, i'll only go by what i've seen on the pitch. If people want to criticise him for his performances fine but his finances are his own business.

Bang on there; anyone with an ounce of sense doesn't turn down that kind of money.

CL7 wrote: »

He's already said that he wants him.
    Does he really doh ? Is he just saying that for the fans or would he take him if he get him on the cheap are they really willing 2 pay near 20m for Andy. The way pardew has the team set up will have to compleley change with him and he likes playing attractive ball

K-9 wrote: »
    I'd respect Conn as a journalist but tbh, if anybody came out of that piece badly it was Liverpool. Liverpool has had huge agent fees in previous accounts, this looked liked facilitating more huge agent fees.

Given that Carroll was a Newcastle palyer with a couple of days to go, had no inkling Liverpool wanted him so much, reportedly wanted to stay at Newcastle, Nah, it doesn't add up for me.

What adds up for me is Carroll was in dispute with his agent, was staying at Newcastle after a new contract deal, stuff would have got sorted eventually. Liverpool come in with their initial offer of £25 Million or whatever it was, eventually raised to £35 Million.

In short, far too much points to Liverpool faciliating a quick deal, rather than Carroll knowing 2 weeks before Liverpool would sign him, using his Keith Barry powers!

Carroll wasn't in dispute with his agent and only decided to change agents when the Liverpool deal appeared on the horizon. Head-sand-bury I don't care but am only pointing out that the deal was so so dodgy and Carroll played a huge part.
    "boyhood agent"

I've heard it all now.

Well I could talk about what we've seen on the pitch for £35m but that would be even more embarrassing to Andy.

Opr

Carroll wasn't in dispute with his agent and only decided to change agents when the Liverpool deal appeared on the horizon. Head-sand-bury I don't care but am only pointing out that deal was so so dodgy and Carroll played a huge part.

No need for the head-sand-bury-stuff? I could point that at you regarding Liverpool, pointless if we want a discusion. I'm pointing out Liverpool paid big fees to agents, it's in the accounts for Christs sake, and reported on because of that. All I'm saying is, blaming Carroll seems far too simple. Conn has his take on it, you've yours, I'm putting mine. Who actually knows?

All I'm saying is we should have known better if the story is true and I wouldn't put all the blame on Carroll or his agent. A few things stink from that deal and Carroll is the least of it.

Well I could talk about what we've seen on the pitch for £35m but that would be even more embarrassing to Andy.

Opr

Well tell me somebody who does think we got £35 Million worth! Irrelevant.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement