Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

rossie1977 wrote: »
    well if the league form on average over 14 months was poor then how would you describe it under hodgson

Pl: 20 W:7 D:4 L:9 F:24 A:27 Pts: 25

the away record under roy was
    Pl:10 W:1 D:2 L:7 F:7 A:19 Pts 5

under kenny (season 2010-11)
    Pl: 18 W:10 D:3 L:5 F:35 A:14 Pts: 33

away record to close the season
    Pl: 9 w:4 D:1 L:4 F:15 A:11 Pts: 13

last season before lucas injury (and suarez stuff) they were well ahead of where they were under hodgson the season before
    Pl: 13 w:6 d:5 L:2 F:17 A:12 Pts: 23

away record
    Pl:6 w:4 D:0 L:2 F:8 A:6 Pt; 12

for the last 20 games of last season yes they were on a par with hodgsons team in terms of league form (and poor) but unlike hodgsons team they were winning cup games not getting knocked out at home by 4th tier sides

Thats very selective

Also you left our Roys famous UEFA cup run

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Kess73 wrote: »
    Makes you the King ITK of the forum. :) The Rigger/AC is dead, long live King Amiable. :D

Repent.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

G.K. wrote: »
    I doubt City would want to take a £7m+ loss on him.

Maybe City just plainly want him off the books and are willing to take a hit if need be.
    My answer was based around fitting into the LFC midfield.

But having gone for M'Vila over Allen, I would then go for Moussa Sissoko over M'Vila both in terms of being a fit for the LFC team and also as the better long term prospect.

That's if we are confining the list of options to players in and around the £15m or less, and also who currently are at clubs that LFC would be seen as an upgrade to.

Totally agree with you on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Repent.

Bow down before the new King.

All hail King Amiable.

Down with the Geordie charlatan who used to do some frigging in the rigging.

Friggin in the riggin
    Friggin in the riggin
    Friggin in the riggin
    cuz theres eff all else to do

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Speaking of Toulalan. With Malaga's problems at the moment if you believe the reports, wouldn't mind us signing Toulalan. Would be adequate back up for Lucas. Though I'm honest, he deserves to be more than just a back up player as he's still very good! Very underrated player in his days for Lyon.

-Ade- wrote: »
    Speaking of Toulalan. With Malaga's problems at the moment if you believe the reports, wouldn't mind us signing Toulalan. Would be adequate back up for Lucas. Though I'm honest, he deserves to be more than just a back up player as he's still very good! Very underrated player in his days for Lyon.

Even at this stage of his career he is far above back up player level. Lucas is the only player in our squad that might be better in that role than Toulalan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Bow down before the new King.

All hail King Amiable.

Down with the Geordie charlatan who used to do some frigging in the rigging.

Friggin in the riggin
    Friggin in the riggin
    Friggin in the riggin
    cuz theres eff all else to do

Your not doing too bad yourself .

You predicted way back how Carroll's time at LFC might unfold and that is happening as we speak .

Leiva wrote: »
    Your not doing too bad yourself .

You predicted way back how Carroll's time at LFC might unfold and that is happening as we speak .

Just looked back at one of my old posts and I actually said I thought he might be gone within 18 months of signing due to him being unable to settle.

And my comment about him being looked at by Newcastle for this summer was roundly mocked. :pac:

Mind you, the gossip I get is just stuff from a couple Echo journos I know from back when we went to school together, so not really ITK club stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Just looked back at one of my old posts and I actually said I thought he might be gone within 18 months of signing due to him being unable to settle.

And my comment about him being looked at by Newcastle for this summer was roundly mocked. :pac:

Mind you, the gossip I get is just stuff from a couple Echo journos I know from back when we went to school together, so not really ITK club stuff.

No such thing though really

• Advertisement

Perhaps that was just people so desperate fro Andy to succeed at Liverpool they mocked the idea ?

amiable wrote: »

well there is if you are a player or a club employee lol

I know a couple of the stewards as well, but they are only good for stuff like who is a guest at games etc., and they can point out where a club guest is sitting if they are in one of the boxes

Everyone is in just some deeper than others . :)

Everyone is in just some deeper than others . :)

Yep, and it sure as hell can stink at times. :D

Perhaps that was just people so desperate fro Andy to succeed at Liverpool they mocked the idea ?

And I cannot blame anyone that did for that reason.

Much as I have a go at certain players, nothing would be better than ending up having to eat humble pie over comments made as it would mean something good was happening for the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Plus Sissoko is not an out and out CDM, he is more of a traditional CM at this point (as in he can play box to box in the truest sense) so in terms of a CM slot he gets the likes of Nasri, Cabaye, Valbuena etc all coming in for CM or CAM slots.

France normally play 2 deeper midfielders [M'Vila and Cabaye] with an AM [Nasri] in front of them I think?

I think the crux of the issue for you is if you do go and sign one of the young promising French DMs then where does that leave Henderson having invested so much in him? You don't really spend £12m on a player to have him as a back up to Lucas unless you're City.

• Advertisement

well there is if you are a player or a club employee lol

I know a couple of the stewards as well, but they are only good for stuff like who is a guest at games etc., and they can point out where a club guest is sitting if they are in one of the boxes

What I mean is these 'ITK's who claim to know what's going on at several clubs.
    Yeah some people find out things that happen at a particular club from time to time.
    That @agent_ITK on twitter annoys me and I think the gullible people are starting to realise that now about him.

Terry gets FA charge.

Can't see it being 8 games but cause correct me if I am wrong but wasn't Suarezs ban started at 4 games increased to eight for supposedly saying it more than once .

cson wrote: »
    France normally play 2 deeper midfielders [M'Vila and Cabaye] with an AM [Nasri] in front of them I think?

I think the crux of the issue for you is if you do go and sign one of the young promising French DMs then where does that leave Henderson having invested so much in him? You don't really spend £12m on a player to have him as a back up to Lucas unless you're City.

If what comes in can do the job straight away and makes the position their own, then tough shyte on Henderson or anyone else who did not do likewise.

Plus what was spent on Henderson is reported to be £16m plus up to £4m in further add ons. But price tag is not a good enough reason to get into the team. If you don't peform then you don't get a first team starting spot, it really should be that simple. Would be up to Henderson and the rest to start performing when given a chance, and it would be up to the new player or players to perform at a level that keeps the others out of the team.

You could just as easily argue that buying Allen shoves Henderson further down the pecking order.

The crux of it for me is does the manager think that Henderson and co are good enough right now to be first team starters, or does he think that they are not and he needs someone in the first team instead of them. Given that we have enquired about Allen and may have done so with other players it would suggest that the manager does not think what is already at the club is worth the gamble this season.

What I mean is these 'ITK's who claim to know what's going on at several clubs.
    Yeah some people find out things that happen at a particular club from time to time.
    That @agent_ITK on twitter annoys me and I think the gullible people are starting to realise that now about him.

Ballbag is another that bugs me as he tends to both up two versions of each "exclusive" and then just deletes the outcome that does not happen. And of course he claims ITK exclusives for a lot of clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Just a little bit on Silva going to Barnsley
    Barnsley boss Keith Hill said he will treat his latest acquisition Toni Silva like his own son.

The Reds swooped to sign the speedy Portuguese winger 18-year-old from Liverpool on Monday and he showed flashes of brilliance in Barnsley’s friendly against Stocksbridge Park Steels on Tuesday.

It is understood that Barnsley beat off interest from a Champions League team to sign Silva, who has penned a two-year deal at Oakwell. He has signed on a free transfer but Liverpool will receive a hefty percentage of any future transfer fee.

Hill told the Chronicle: “This boy’s got the lot. He’s only 18 and is just a baby, but if we nurture him, develop him and if I treat him like my son then we’ll see what he’s capable of.

“Toni is young, enthusiastic and hasn’t got a care in the world. He’ll score goals, create goals and can be anything he wants. He’s a real bag of tricks."

http://www.barnsley-chronicle.co.uk/sport/article/5384/hill-to-treat-silva-like-a-son

Opr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Poor Kess. He has clearly lost it and we will have to get him sectioned.
    I think the Hazard thing was what pushed him over the edge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Maybe its the stress of modding the Nature & Birdwatching forum.

Imagine he had one of the real hardcore ones to moderate Andy, like Sunshine,Lollipops and Rainbows :pac:

November 11th 2012 is when that will happen.:(

Maybe its the stress of modding the Nature & Birdwatching forum.

Imagine he had one of the real hardcore ones to moderate Andy, like Sunshine,Lollipops and Rainbows :pac:

Nah it is a great forum to mod as it has very few tosspots posting in it. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Nah it is a great forum to mod as it has very few tosspots posting in it. :pac:

Lesser Spotted Tosspots

http://www.marca.com/2012/07/27/en/football/spanish_football/1343408429.html

Fernando Amorebieta is currently only thinking about Athletic de Bilbao. This according to the message transmitted from inside the footballer's camp. The company representing him, Football Management 04, confirmed to MARCA on Friday that Liverpool was interested in signing him, as was previously reported in the MARCA newspaper.

However, his agents also wanted to make it clear that Amorebieta's preference is to stay at the Basque club. "There is a clear wish on the part of the player to continue his association with Athletic and, even, see out his career in San Mamés. However, his good season has attracted interest from several teams, one of which is Liverpool", they explained. In fact, they commented that the English club "is the one that has shown the most interest up to now".

Athletic de Bilbao does not want to let the Venezuelan go, but has the slight disadvantage that Amorebieta's contract is up on 30th June 2013. As a result "negotiations have begun", Football Management 04 admitted. What is also clear is that neither party wants long, drawn out talks.

He's out of contract in a year but still I would say the fee would be a hefty one. Could only think we would be losing one of Skrtel or Agger if our interest is real.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭noodler

rossie1977 wrote: »
    well if the league form on average over 14 months was poor then how would you describe it under hodgson

Pl: 20 W:7 D:4 L:9 F:24 A:27 Pts: 25

the away record under roy was
    Pl:10 W:1 D:2 L:7 F:7 A:19 Pts 5

under kenny (season 2010-11)
    Pl: 18 W:10 D:3 L:5 F:35 A:14 Pts: 33

away record to close the season
    Pl: 9 w:4 D:1 L:4 F:15 A:11 Pts: 13

last season before lucas injury (and suarez stuff) they were well ahead of where they were under hodgson the season before
    Pl: 13 w:6 d:5 L:2 F:17 A:12 Pts: 23

away record
    Pl:6 w:4 D:0 L:2 F:8 A:6 Pt; 12

for the last 20 games of last season yes they were on a par with hodgsons team in terms of league form (and poor) but unlike hodgsons team they were winning cup games not getting knocked out at home by 4th tier sides

Sigh...how many more times?

Why are you using Hodgson as a benchmark?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Are fowler and rush involved in coaching or did they just tag along for the trip?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Are fowler and rush involved in coaching or did they just tag along for the trip?

I think they are club representatives

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,071 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Sahin to Liverpool on loan?

pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Hopefully Alonso and Arbeloa can have a few words with him on why he should choose Liverpool.

Alonso in particular has had nothing but good things to say about Liverpool since his departure.

Sahin on loan, with option of buying at end of period and then we can persuade his fellow country man, Arda, to join his supported club as well. Pisses me off we didn't sign him last summer tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

~Rebel~ wrote: »

No sign of him returning to Borussia Dortmund yet,he is a decent player, why not :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭atilladehun

I was listening to the anfield wrap today. Lots of talk of Gerrard playing in the from three.
    eg.
    Suarez - Borini - Gerrard

with a midfield of

Lucas - Allen - (one of the many hundreds of others we have)

That might leave the desire for another top striker slightly diminished.

What do you reckon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I was listening to the anfield wrap today. Lots of talk of Gerrard playing in the from three.
    eg.
    Suarez - Borini - Gerrard

with a midfield of

Lucas - Allen - (one of the many hundreds of others we have)

That might leave the desire for another top striker slightly diminished.

What do you reckon?

We'd still need to not sell our cover but that could work.

Again though, what option would that leave us with when Gerrard is injured?

That'd be the strength of having a fairly versatile player like Dempsey or Ramires. They'd cover Gerrard's midfield or attack position when injured and could play with Gerrard when he isn't injured by slotting into the other position he isn't nominally filling.

So

Lucas
    Allen ---- Gerrard/Dempsey (or Aquilani/Henderson whoever) if he's injured)
    Suarez -- Borini --- Dempsey/Gerrard

Coates is a tall man. What size is Pau Gasol beside him :eek:

181158_395524653845192_1863152533_n.jpg

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

~Rebel~ wrote: »

If you get Sahin, i'm gonna start calling you Linda cos you must be sleeping with John Henry!

opr wrote: »
    Coates is a tall man. What size is Pau Gasol beside him :eek:

181158_395524653845192_1863152533_n.jpg

Opr

7ft or 7ft1" I think

I was thinking, he looked like an absolute colossus on the pitch against UAE. He's a solid 6ft5

A few picks of us training (in Baltimore I presume?) shamelessly stolen from RAWK:

baltimore_2.jpg

baltimore_3.jpg

baltimore_5.jpg

baltimore_8.jpg

Lucas looks a bit light.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Anybody spot Coates happy head at the Olympics opening? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

jenno86 wrote: »
    Anybody spot Coates happy head at the Olympics opening? :)

I did. Didn`t spot Suarez tho...

I did. Didn`t spot Suarez tho...

He was the one with the hood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

ush wrote: »

Couldn't blame him if true.

Hometown club or a big Sam led West Ham

Tough choice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Gerrard and Borini seem to be getting on well. I likes what I see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

People need to realise that Gerrard is a bonus option at this stage of his career. When he plays, great - he still has a lot to offer. But he won't play most of the time...

Might just be a random tweet cause I am not seeing much backup ..
    @Irishkop1892: Reports of a £16.3 million bid submitted by Liverpool has been accepted by Bologna for Gaston Ramirez #Reports #LFC #Ramirez

Would Downing become cover then ? ... Not a bad bench option .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Downing is already cover.

I don't think he will be here come September either. There will be quite a few clubs willing to take him off our hands I'd imagine

Might just be a random tweet cause I am not seeing much backup ..

Would Downing become cover then ? ... Not a bad bench option .

Bologna don't own all the rights to Ramirez as far as I know.
    I'd say that would make any potential transfer complicated and probably not just a case of agreeing a fee with Bologna.
    Did that poster on twitter mention anything about negotiations with Penarol?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement