Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

After watching the pre season games I thought Pacheco would be a good option off the bench for the coming season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Benzino wrote: »
    Is Agger injured? When is Reina due back?

Really? :(

No he's joking. I don't understand why Reina isn't back yet. Torres was back with Chelsea last week.

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

donfers wrote: »
    all been transfer listed apparently

pacheco is going on a free to celtic

Can't find that at all on Twitter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Is the game on TV tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

jenno86 wrote: »
    Is the game on TV tonight?

On ESPN at 6pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Leiva wrote: »
    If we loose Suso it would be a disaster imo

A disaster would be losing a number of important first teamers, not losing a very promising youngster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

joe123 wrote: »
    Source/Link?

http://www.record.xl.pt/Futebol/Nacional/1a_liga/Benfica//interior.aspx?content_id=769837

Translates as :
    Long coveted by Manchester United, now also comes Gaitán in the accounts of Liverpool. The Reds follow much the Argentina international, 24, and are willing to proceed with a proposed 18 million for his pass.

Forced to sell assets to ensure financial stability, Luis Filipe Vieira waiting for a superior offer to release the extreme that, remember, is bound by 2016 and shielded by a termination clause of 45 million euros. After months of negotiations with the Red Devils, who until now did not have the desired effect, the red DSS now has the opportunity to study a new solution to ensure a significant financial plug. The question is whether the interest of Liverpool will not revive the passion of Manchester United.

We've another game on Thursday in the Europa cup so not reading too much into who did or didn't make the squad with so many returning players. Kelly/Johnson also missing.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Spurs team pretty strong tonight

Friedel; Naughton, Gallas, Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto; Jenas, Livermore; Lennon, Sigurdsson, Bale; Kane

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

According to talksport us and Arsenal are interested in signing Afellay. Would be a great signing for 5/6m I would imagine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Kess73 wrote: »
    There is a very definite pattern to the type of player we are being linked to for the AM/CAM slot. Really makes me think that Henderson, Spearing, Adam, and Shelvey are miles off the pace in terms of the technical abilities that Rodgers is looking for both the CM role alongside Lucas and for the AM role at the tip of the midfield triangle.

Looking at the names being mentioned or that have slipped by....

Sigurdsson
    Ramirez
    Dembele
    Gaitan

All are quite similar in terms of their best position (AM/CAM) and all are high quality in terms of technical ability, workrate, and reading of the game.

Looking more and more as if Rodgers sees Gerrard as playing one of the roles in the front three.

----Lucas---Allen

X

Gerrard----Borini----Suarez

Anyone think we might be looking at something like this? Do people thin this is the best role for Gerrard or should he be playing the X position?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

According to RAWK aquilani picked up a knock.

No mention of anything to do with Suso or Pacheco leaving. Not a dead cert but a site that size tends to pick up things like that.

It would be reasonable to assume that Rodgers is more concerned with giving some of the lads from the Euro's game time at the expense of the likes of Suso and Pacheco. They've both already played 2 45 minutes anyway.

Melion wrote: »
    According to talksport us and Arsenal are interested in signing Afellay. Would be a great signing for 5/6m I would imagine

Vilanova was saying how he wants to keep him, I think.
    Morzadec wrote: »
    Looking more and more as if Rodgers sees Gerrard as playing one of the roles in the front three.

----Lucas---Allen

X

Anyone think we might be looking at something like this? Do people thin this is the best role for Gerrard or should he be playing the X position?

Gerrard is a great attacker and remains one, imo. As long as he's not playing where Lucas or Allen would play I think he'd play perfectly well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Kess73 wrote: »
    A disaster would be losing a number of important first teamers, not losing a very promising youngster.

Yes of course but over the long term loosing a player of Suso quality will always guaranteed come back and bite you on the ass.

Morzadec wrote: »

----Lucas---Allen

X

Or maybe Rodgers is simply looking at Gerrard and seeing a player that he thinks will not manage more than 20-25 games in all comps. Given that Gerrard managed 25 games in all comps last season and 24 games in all comps the season before that, it would make sense to be planning ahead for this season so that we use Gerrard as a luxury rather than gambling on him being fit for even half a season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

donfers wrote: »
    all been transfer listed apparently

pacheco is going on a free to celtic

a deal to loan suso to granada for the season, he is homesick

and aquilani is also available on a free, panathanikos and fenerhbace trying to agree deals to sign him, wages a problem

Any links for these ??
    The Suso one makes me sad :(

Yes of course but over the long term loosing a player of Suso quality will always guaranteed come back and bite you on the ass.

Losing a highly rated young player who has no competitive first team experience at all to his name is guaranteed to come back and bit a club on the ass?

More highly rated youngsters go on to have unremarkable careers than go on to be top class players, so whilst I would prefer to not see Suso go, I would not be unduly worried either.

Plus if it is a case that the kid wants to leave England, then there is not much the club can do about that once his contract runs out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

The amount of players we have been linked with lately is ridiculous.

Alot of lazy journalism going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Any links for these ??
    The Suso one makes me sad :(

Google wiziwig.

Your sig is huge by the way!

• Advertisement

djPSB wrote: »
    The amount of players we have been linked with lately is ridiculous.

Alot of lazy journalism going on.

Lazy journalism would be linking us to the usual suspects or overrated Brits. The players we are getting linked to of late are all players who would not be obvious headline getters, but rather ones that come with a certain degree of quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Pazzini left out of Inter Europa squad, probably available at cut price, what do people think of him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

I prefer the idea of Gerrard in the front 3 plus it instantly makes the squad a bit more balanced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

I feel a bit sick every time I see Cole,Adam,Downing and spearing in a team line up :(

Weirdly with the likes of Cole, Adam and Downing I keep foolishly hoping they will come good invariably to be disappointed. Spearing can't let me down because it's so obvious he's not good enough and never will be.

Google wiziwig.

I don't want links for the match. I can watch that. I was referring to Donfers post about the players leaving on loan.
    Your sig is huge by the way!

Thanks. I fixed it :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,504 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Milkers wrote: »
    I prefer the idea of Gerrard in the front 3 plus it instantly makes the squad a bit more balanced.

Almost a free role, take the pressure of defending off of him,
    We need strong midfield,
    I can see us been weak defensively if the middle aren't of great quality
    We have Lucas, but who else will make up that middle three that you can rely on to get up and down the pitch,
    Johnson and Enricky hopefully stick to defending this season,
    The whole Enricky and downing double team was so predictable last season,

Enrickys defending suffered badly for it,
    So hopefully he is left to do mostly defending this year, while the front 3 and 3 can be more expressive ,!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Pazzini left out of Inter Europa squad, probably available at cut price, what do people think of him?
    Yeah saw this on that Presspass show. Inter want rid saying he's past it even though he's 27! Also letting Cesar go.. Would be a great signing picking up Pazzini on the cheap, top striker regardless what Inter think. He'll end up with Spurs probably on a free transfer :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Ay5-sGPCYAAaCi9.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,504 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Ay5-sGPCYAAaCi9.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFOd7gUCg61TjA-D3B3AC4havewu5sCWlmCix1IjT1SiURhkAf

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Oh dear the first Rodgers as icon flag, the poor fella is doomed now. The idiots who paint these things seem not to understand that you need to be the legend before you are declared a legend.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

The Pazzini of Sampdoria days was awesome. Gladly have him here for the right price.

Forza Liverpool.

Good god that away jersey is one of the worst jerseys we have ever had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,698 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Looks like winning the ball back within 7 seconds is out the window

Adam wearing red boots. Is he serious? GTFO

Opr

Nice cross from stewie but still no end product

• Advertisement

Adam has given away possession 3 times already.

One poor player like that really messes everything up.

Lord it's that commentarry team again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Adam has given away possession 3 times already.

One poor player like that really messes everything up.
    jay doing the exact same!

Jose Enrique not Luis...

Loving this possession football :)

• Advertisement

G.K. wrote: »
    Lord it's that commentarry team again...

I don't get why they felt the need to apologise for the Liverpool summer tour title on the top left of the screen.

Could see that Adam special 10 seconds before he did it.

Why has Adam pulled his socks up above his knees?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

nasty tackle!

Hopefully we wont be seeing a midfield trio of Spearing, Adam and Shelvey too often this season.

Just not good enough.

Clumsy tackle by Adam.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

hmmm any decent link*s to the game?

Hopefully we wont be seeing a midfield duo of Spearing and Adam too often this season.

Just not good enough.

FYP :D

Ffs jonjo cut out the Hollywood long balls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Spearing and Adam are arguably the two least useful parts of the squad assuming LFC get in any kind of quality for the middle.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement