Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Not happy to see Suso tweeting that with a year left, on his contract.

He's a great prospect and Id be gutted if we lost him. Had a very good u19 competition and should be getting more time on the pitch than Cole imo to see if he's capable of being backup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    A disconcerting tweet from Suso a minute ago;

edit> he's already thought better of it and removed the last 2 words. Shows how he feels about it though, and tbh I can see where he's coming from. Hope he realizes that for the moment, with almost the whole squad now back, that Rodgers needs to see the newcomers better in a more manageable group to decide their fate. Got to be tough to run the rule over them if there's 30 odd of them there. He did well in the US, he'll get his chance.

The kid seems to have had enough of the club. Going by past tweets and comments by his family, it would appear that the coaching set up under Hodgson and under Kenny had the kid wanting to go home and get involved in a set up that was based more around technique than running laps.

I see him just running down his contract and leaving tbh. Come January I expect to see him enter into talks with a Spanish club with a view to leaving next summer. Would not be overly surprised to see him ask for a move before this summer is out either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

If Cole doesnt get sold/or is at least tried to be moved on id be asking serious question, he is awful

I can totally understand Suso frustration, well regret this one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Leiva wrote: »
    <AVB Quotes>

I love that bit where he says the Premiership is the victim in all this when Bale gets done.

"Ye're only fooling yerselves lads"

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Kess73 wrote: »
    The kid seems to have had enough of the club. Going by past tweets and comments by his family, it would appear that the coaching set up under Hodgson and under Kenny had the kid wanting to go home and get involved in a set up that was based more around technique than running laps.

I see him just running down his contract and leaving tbh. Come January I expect to see him enter into talks with a Spanish club with a view to leaving next summer. Would not be overly surprised to see him ask for a move before this summer is out either.

Nearly every club looses a starlet at some stage, but imo Suso will be one of those players in a few years that will be right up there with the best, and we will be kicking ourselves .

I know if the kid wants out then what are we supposed to do, but if I was Rodgers I would be planning his inclusion in any game possible (without weakening the squad of course) and I would start with the Europa.

If we had Woy or Kenny I would be resigned already to loosing him, but I hold out hope the Rodgers with his years at youth level management will have the experience and know how to spot and keep our academy stars.

• Advertisement

Nearly every club looses a starlet at some stage, but imo Suso will be one of those players in a few years that will be right up there with the best, and we will be kicking ourselves .

I know if the kid wants out then what are we supposed to do, but if I was Rodgers I would be planning his inclusion in any game possible (without weakening the squad of course) and I would start with the Europa.

If we had Woy or Kenny I would be resigned already to loosing him, but I hold out hope the Rodgers with his years at youth level management will have the experience and know how to spot and keep our academy stars.

Easier said than done once a person has decided they are in the wrong club and country. Think of a person who is sick of their job and to their mind, rightly or wrongly, have been spun bs over a sustained period of time. Anything that a new boss does that resembles what the old ones did would just make the wantaway person more determined to go.

From what I gather, the player was offered an extension on his contract, with improved financial terms, and he turned it down. If we get to the end of the summer and there is still nothing on the contract front, then expect him to be gone as quickly as he can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Suso has given no indication that he thinks he is in the wrong country, in fact I've heard him speak (and tweet) very warmly about Liverpool and England.

I think his problem is the players who are going to be involved ahead of him next Thursday have not all done more than him to earn a chance.

We need to extend his contract, tell him he is very much part of our future plans and loan him to a decent Championship side.

Suso has given no indication that he thinks he is in the wrong country, in fact I've heard him speak (and tweet) very warmly about Liverpool and England.

I think his problem is the players who are going to be involved ahead of him next Thursday have not all done more than him to earn a chance.

We need to extend his contract, tell him he is very much part of our future plans and loan him to a decent Championship side.

Brighton for me . I would like to see him in Poyets side .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

tika taka my bollox anyone can keep the ball in their own half, the lack of chances created if very worrying!! This is gona be one hell of a frustrating year!!

• Advertisement

He has already refused a contract extension this summer, and he has posted comments on his twitter about living in England that were not glowing only to take them down quickly like he did with the bit in yesterday's/today's tweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

redzerdrog wrote: »
    tika taka my bollox anyone can keep the ball in their own half, the lack of chances created if very worrying!! This is gona be one hell of a frustrating year!!
    its pre-season with alot of youth players
    have a bit of patience
    plus im sure we will have some new signings in the 3-4 weeks

Don't look to much into it . It was good to see the team pass with confidence but there was no link up play/player between the midfield and front .
    When we have a full strength team out, with Suarez, then you will see a lot more chances created.

Yes it will be a frustrating season but let's all think small steps .
    Give me what I seen this pre-season any day over the absolute tripe that we had to endure with Woy, so let's not forget the positive path we are on .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Don't look to much into it . It was good to see the team pass with confidence but there was no link up play/player between the midfield and front .
    When we have a full strength team out, with Suarez, then you will see a lot more chances created.

Yes it will be a frustrating season but let's all think small steps .
    Give me what I seen this pre-season any day over the absolute tripe that we had to endure with Woy, so let's not forget the positive path we are on .

The three central mid fielders are key to keeping possession which Spearing and Adam are facking up at the minute.

The wingers are responsible for creating the majority of our chances, which is a department we are lacking in at the minute. There's a lack of pace up front.

Swansea's players were more suitable to playing this style of play. But if given the time, Rodgers will be able to implement it at Liverpool.

I'e expect it to be this time next year before he has fully arranged the squad to suit his style of play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

FFS....give them a chance to adapt to coach's ideas and get a full team up to full speed.

Kess73 wrote: »
    He has already refused a contract extension this summer, and he has posted comments on his twitter about living in England that were not glowing only to take them down quickly like he did with the bit in yesterday's/today's tweet.

When was he offered a contract?

FFS - we have been missing all our first team attacking players.

We played a Roma side who are not only of a high quality, but much further along in their fitness than we are, and we created quite a few good chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

djPSB wrote: »
    The three central mid fielders are key to keeping possession which Spearing and Adam are facking up at the minute.

The wingers are responsible for creating the majority of our chances, which is a department we are lacking in at the minute. There's a lack of pace up front.

Swansea's players were more suitable to playing this style of play. But if given the time, Rodgers will be able to implement it at Liverpool.

I'e expect it to be this time next year before he has fully arranged the squad to suit his style of play.

its a joke we actually have feck all wingers yet the only players we are linked with are CMs which we have plenty of!! We need at least 2 wingers and one of them should be good enough to walk into the 1st 11.

am cranky because i was out last night and i am working at 12 but i still got up this morning to watch the match from last night and it was brutle!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

its a joke we actually have feck all wingers yet the only players we are linked with are CMs which we have plenty of!! We need at least 2 wingers and one of them should be good enough to walk into the 1st 11.

am cranky because i was out last night and i am working at 12 but i still got up this morning to watch the match from last night and it was brutle!!!
    yeah we badly need 2 new wingers
    we really lack speed in attack
    i don't know why we didn't go for Junior Hoillett

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Hurry up and sign some decent players ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

I know he can be frustrating but Walcott would bring a lot to this team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Milkers wrote: »
    I know he can be frustrating but Walcott would bring a lot to this team.

I'll be surprised if he goes to you but I do think he's a little underrated. His stats are comparable to the top players in his position in the league. Plus Messi said this about him...
    Messi wrote:
    I can only speak from experience but he was one of the most dangerous players I have ever played against

If Messi said it... :p

Suso obviously wants out so either loan him out or get rid.

Also give him a slap for his attitude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

3 goals in 25 appearances isn`t great,is it?

Maybe he hit the post a lot...should fit right in.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Shankly Gates

rarnes1 wrote: »

He wins the Youth Euros, gets the call up for the Liverpool American Tour, plays very well on each opportunity and is then sent back to the reserves.

It'd be hard not to be pissed off at that

He wins the Youth Euros, gets the call up for the Liverpool American Tour, plays very well on each opportunity and is then sent bak to the reserves.

Yeah of course, but to publicly state it on twitter?

An act of idiocy of the highest degree. Hopefully he gets severely punished.

He wins the Youth Euros, gets the call up for the Liverpool American Tour, plays very well on each opportunity and is then sent bak to the reserves.

Shelvey did the same at the end of last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

That doesn't make it ok.....

• Advertisement

Senior players vent their unhappiness about not playing all the time. Just because it's twitter and he's not saying it off the record to a journalist doesn't make it any worse.

He should be told to cop on, and that should be the extent of his punishment imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Oh well looks like suso wont be here much longer, good call whoever it was called that a couple of weeks ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

I remember Suarez acting up a few times when he was substituted last season. That was live in front of millions and he wasn't severely punished. Something should be said to Suso but lets not blow this out of proportion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,504 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I thought Suso would be playing big part in Europa league
    Cole
    Spearing
    Aqua, Reason he won't make bench in premier league

Yea something wrong there,

NukaCola wrote: »

That doesn't make it ok.....

Correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Hoping for a big couple of weeks with player's in and going out. It'll be quiet disturbing if we kick off the season in the position we are in now. Say what you like about Rodgers giving youth a whirl but come the start of the season these players should only be blooded from the bench - we cannot be relying on them to make an instant impact.

We have not identified and strenghtened the areas where we have struggled last season. No DM, Winger, CF (aprreciate Borini, but still short here) and judging by the pre-season left back is now a problem area. It is a bit like ground-hog day here regarding Cole, Aqualani etc. We seem to have an abundance of midfielders all as average as each other. Why we are persisting with these I'll never know. Id sell the 2 mentioned along with one of Adam / Spearing. When you strip it down the squad of players are average at best. I fear for us going into the season with the squad as it is. Rodgers really needs to hit the ground running and with the fixtures the way they are it is not going to be easy. There is no real pace which is a massive worry.

I am usually an optimist but have been seriously disappointed with our activity so far this summer. Poor players on big wages should have been up for sale as soon as the season was over. And Downing seems to be getting little coverage, Id say it would frighten ya if we knew the money he is on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

Hoping for a big couple of weeks with player's in and going out. It'll be quiet disturbing if we kick off the season in the position we are in now. Say what you like about Rodgers giving youth a whirl but come the start of the season these players should only be blooded from the bench - we cannot be relying on them to make an instant impact.

We have not identified and strenghtened the areas where we have struggled last season. No DM, Winger, CF (aprreciate Borini, but still short here) and judging by the pre-season left back is now a problem area. It is a bit like ground-hog day here regarding Cole, Aqualani etc. We seem to have an abundance of midfielders all as average as each other. Why we are persisting with these I'll never know. Id sell the 2 mentioned along with one of Adam / Spearing. When you strip it down the squad of players are average at best. I fear for us going into the season with the squad as it is. Rodgers really needs to hit the ground running and with the fixtures the way they are it is not going to be easy. There is no real pace which is a massive worry.

I am usually an optimist but have been seriously disappointed with our activity so far this summer. Poor players on big wages should have been up for sale as soon as the season was over. And Downing seems to be getting little coverage, Id say it would frighten ya if we knew the money he is on!

i agree, we need a few more leaving and to sign a few more first team players. ramirez would be a great start

Yeah the ramierez story is picking up again since he scored for uraguay the other day, could just be because of the goal though. With suarez and coates here we've a nice incentive for him to come here if theres other parties interested. Seems a good player, now that would be a great signing.
    I remember the borini story cropped up then cooled down to a point where nothing was heard of it and then it cropped up again and the deal was done. Hopefully the same will happen with ramierez, as the story popped up, colled down and here it is again and dempsey too, fair enough to think they're still on.
    Also I dont think its fair how some people are expecting him to move out downing/adam or any of the others of kenny/comollis disaster signings and contracts.

Yeah the ramierez story is picking up again since he scored for uraguay the other day, could just be because of the goal though. With suarez and coates here we've a nice incentive for him to come here if theres other parties interested. Seems a good player, now that would be a great signing.
    I remember the borini story cropped up then cooled down to a point where nothing was heard of it and then it cropped up again and the deal was done. Hopefully the same will happen with ramierez, as the story popped up, colled down and here it is again and dempsey too, fair enough to think they're still on.
    Also I dont think its fair how some people are expecting him to move out downing/adam or any of the others of kenny/comollis disaster signings and contracts.

Who?

NukaCola wrote: »
    Who?

Ah tis been said around here at times, not gonna trawl through looking for quotes

Ah tis been said around here at times, not gonna trawl through looking for quotes

I dont think anyone is expecting what you suggest.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Anyone thats interested, Uruguay and Senegal are on BBC (red button) at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Ramirez hit the post earlier. Snap him up!

Ramirez hit the post earlier. Snap him up!

They are getting beat 2-0 by 10 man Senagal but Ramirez by far the best player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

joe123 wrote: »
    Anyone thats interested, Uruguay and Senegal are on BBC (red button) at the moment.

Nah...for me it's red button, female beach volleyball and a box of tissues!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

murpho999 wrote: »
    Nah...for me it's red button, female beach volleyball and a box of tissues!

Very posh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,071 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

To be fair to him, the tweet was only up for less than a minute, and came just after a transatlantic flight. Probably beyond shattered tired when he got that news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Football Agent on form :pac:

Football Agent ‏@FootballAgent49
    Liverpool are trying to bring in Kaka on loan, one of several loan moves lined up.

delw wrote: »
    Football Agent on form :pac:

Football Agent ‏@FootballAgent49
    Liverpool are trying to bring in Kaka on loan, one of several loan moves lined up.

:pac::pac:
    Seen on twitter somewhere that liverpool where lining up a loan deal for a big name player, oh twitter bs how I love thee.

He needs to get away from madrid though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Kaka is still an incredible player, wonderful control and eye for a pass. No chance of him even glancing at us, he's out of our league. Must be on enormous wages too. I'd like to see him leave Madrid anyway, too good not to be playing every game when fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Bellamy with a great ball to Giggs for a goal

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement