Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Is Joe Allen playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

joe123 wrote: »
    Is Joe Allen playing?

yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

joe123 wrote: »
    Is Joe Allen playing?

Yeah he is, was very lucky not to have given away a penelty.

Bellamy is having a very good game I think, all gbs play is going down the left through him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

No surprise really but surprising who Tweeted it . Lawro !

Ay_RFAyCcAAxeuK.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,281 ✭✭✭slingerz

delw wrote: »
    Football Agent on form :pac:

Football Agent ‏@FootballAgent49
    Liverpool are trying to bring in Kaka on loan, one of several loan moves lined up.

That came from a well known IK and was recycled on Twitter this even. There was no mention that it was Kaka though

Doing the rounds now that aqua went back to rome instead of liverpool to negotiate with various clubs apparently.

What is with this guy, didnt he just give an interview during the week saying how he wanted to prove himself here? Nutter...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Anyone know if we will be on the box Thursday? 3e maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭skydish79

Anyone know if we will be on the box Thursday? 3e maybe?

Setanta sports 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sign Craig Bellamy - Oh wait!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

skydish79 wrote: »
    Setanta sports 1

Sweet, thanks

3 players needed (at least) and 20 days to go .

Is it possible ?

:o

Leiva wrote: »
    3 players needed (at least) and 20 days to go .

Is it possible ?

:o

I'd imagine it is!

The window shuts in 33 days, that's the only deadline that matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Well, it looks like Aquilani is finally on his way out for good.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9436652/Liverpool-manager-Brendan-Rodgers-aims-to-sell-20m-Alberto-Aquilani-back-to-an-Italian-club.html

Aquilani did not return to Merseyside with the rest of the Liverpool squad when they flew home from their North America tour on Saturday.

Instead, he headed to Rome to see if a deal could be struck with numerous Serie A sides, one of which is believed to be Fiorentina.

The 28 year-old, who cost Liverpool £20 million in 2009, now realises there is little chance of him reviving his career at Anfield, but offloading him is not easy because of his staggering financial package.

The Italian’s lucrative contract equates to around £6.5 million a year, an expense which has only been reduced in recent years thanks to loan deals. He spent last year at AC Milan and has also been loaned to Juventus in the past.

To put it into perspective, the £125,000 a week he is currently costing the Anfield club double what Anfield stalwart Jamie Carragher earns.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

There is absolutely no possible way he is on 125k and Carra is on 60k. Just never ever going to happen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

So Carra is on 62k a week? Bullsh*t, Purslow gave him a higher contract then that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Thought that Allen had an OK game this evening. Very defensive role though, but always looked to be available to receive the ball which it good I guess. If he his bought I can see him being playing alongside Lucas but also as a backup for Lucas should Lucas need a rest or become injured (touch wood)

Some of his play reminded me of a young Lucas at Liverpool; anyone else notice this? Or am I well wide of the mark.

Thats a load of Chris Bascombe bull-plop. The minute I clicked the link I knew it was him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

I believe Aquilani is on 70K a week, and I'm sure Carragher is on 100K at least.

Luis Suárez: "Booing (by British public)? It doesn't matter. Liverpool and Uruguay fans love me, that what matters." #Legend -- Eziz Allamov (@Ezizallamov)

G'man Luis.

• Advertisement

Some of his play reminded me of a young Lucas at Liverpool; anyone else notice this? Or am I well wide of the mark.

I didn't see tonight's game but I know what you mean .

Allen has that something, that skill you can't teach, that reading of the game that impresses me for his age .
    He will only get better and I would love to see him beside Lucas destroying and ruining opposition midfield play together with Lucas, and yes I think he could also be great backup for Lucas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

G'man Luis.

I assumed they were booing him against Senegal because he was the one fouled in the tackle that got the Senegalese fella sent off.

Not worth £15M though. No chance.

Gbear wrote: »
    I assumed they were booing him against Senegal because he was the one fouled in the tackle that got the Senegalese fella sent off.

Nope. They were booing him long before that.

Who knows what players are on. Aqua on over 100k seems grossly exaggerated but I wouldn't put it past the club at the time.

I remember reading somewhere that Johnson was on 140k but I'd say that was nonsense too.

The money footballers earn hurts my head when I actually think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Thats a load of Chris Bascombe bull-plop. The minute I clicked the link I knew it was him.
    Ben Smith has confirmed it

amiable wrote: »

Yep !
    @BenSmithBBC: @CarinaAnders Aquilani in Italy tonight putting finishing touches to permanent move to Fiorentina. Opens way for Allen.

The wages? How would he know?

EDIT: Oh the move, I was commenting more on the wages.

It looks like Bascombe had a valid story but populated it with completely made-up details. I dunno does he have some agenda he's trying to push but comparing the "nasty foreigner" earning double what the "proud english stalwart" does could be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

The wages? How would he know?

EDIT: Oh the move, I was commenting more on the wages.
    Sorry. I thought you were commenting on the move. Crossed wires

• Advertisement

It looks like Bascombe had a valid story but populated it with completely made-up details. I dunno does he have some agenda he's trying to push but comparing the "nasty foreigner" earning double what the "proud english stalwart" does could be it.

Maybe he meant 125k a fortnight..!

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Maybe he meant 125k a fortnight..!

The evil foreigner earns TWICE as much in a fortnight as our proud british stalwart does in 3 days. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

I think ye have to go for someone in the mould of Dempsey or Ramirez now Aqua's off. Someone who can play in the 'Sig role' as well as in the wide areas.

What are the options atm? Gerrard and Shelvey? (Plus Suso, Tex and Adorjan). It's simply not enough.

Bellamy has to be retained too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Kind of obvious why Bascombe would use Carragher as an example, and why he would try to paint Carragher as being underpaid.

Would have thought the links between Bascombe and Carragher would be pretty well known to any Liverpool supporter.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Kind of obvious why Bascombe would use Carragher as an example, and why he would try to paint Carragher as being underpaid.

Would have thought the links between Bascombe and Carragher would be pretty well known to any Liverpool supporter.

Did he write his biography or something?

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Who knows what players are on. Aqua on over 100k seems grossly exaggerated but I wouldn't put it past the club at the time.

I remember reading somewhere that Johnson was on 140k but I'd say that was nonsense too.

The money footballers earn hurts my head when I actually think about it.

Seems to be the number giving when ya google it, ridiculous money though! Good player and all but feck off.

With kuyt maxi and aurelio off the wage bill and aqua soon we're certainly making a nice bit money for the kitty, I doubt borini is on too much. If we could get riid of cole we'd be laughing but we're not doing too bad at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Thanks be to Jaysus he's gone. People can stop pretending he wants to play for Liverpool. People can stop putting him into their line ups for this season. Good riddance to his agent, and I wish the player all the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

I doubt any of the Liverpool fans i know would know,enlighten us/me!

I will be so happy if Aquilani is shifted for actual folding stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Very unimpressed with Aqualani this pre-season, unlike like last. Yes, we were underwhelming overall but he never really stood out to me.

Think his wages was around the 70/80k mark, that is what was generally reported, never seen figures of over 100k.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Did he write his biography or something?

He did, and he has always been one of the most vocal Carragher defenders in the media. He is generally seen as Carragher's voice in the media and has a long history of putting down any players or managers that Carragher has or is meant to have fallen out with.

Rafa
    Arbeloa
    Foreign player's wives
    Aquilani
    Song
    Lucas

Have all come under the microscope in Bascombe's columns, and the managers that Carragher is known to have gotten along very well with (Ged and Hodgson in particular) have always had glowing write ups from Bascombe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭BINKY NIPPER

Mirror tonight reporting that Man city had a £13M bid for Agger rejected but Agger wants out of Anfield

He did, and he has always been one of the most vocal Carragher defenders in the media. He is generally seen as Carragher's voice in the media and has a long history of putting down any players or managers that Carragher has or is meant to have fallen out with.

Rafa
    Arbeloa
    Foreign player's wives
    Aquilani
    Song
    Lucas

Have all come under the microscope in Bascombe's columns, and the managers that Carragher is known to have gotten along very well with (Ged and Hodgson in particular) have always had glowing write ups from Bascombe

lol:D

Rafa
    Arbeloa
    Foreign player's wives
    Aquilani
    Song
    Lucas

Rigobert Song? :pac:

Mirror tonight reporting that Man city had a £13M bid for Agger rejected but Agger wants out of Anfield

Double it at least (and we should still reject). That's a laughable bid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭BINKY NIPPER

Double it at least (and we should still reject). That's a laughable bid.

any ideas on how long left on his contract ?

any ideas on how long left on his contract ?

2 years.

If he won't sign a new contract this summer he will put us in a very difficult position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Disappointed if he heads off (Aqua) but at least it looks like a permanent move. I guess when you have quality like Spearing/Adam in reserve it makes sense to move him on.

Opr

lol:D

yep. Carragher came out and made his comment about how his own wife does not like the foreign wives speaking in other languages, and within a day or so newspaper man was on about how foreign players and their families should have to speak english at club functions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

If Agger wants out then I can't see Skrtel wanting to stick around. This could turn into the summer of hell.

Opr

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement