Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Does anyone think pacheco is good enough for the squad on matchday for the coming season? Along with shelvey was very impressed with him so far I reckon he'll finally get his season to prove himself.
    While he dosent exactly fill our winger problem I think he's tidy enough on the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

frankled wrote: »
    Haha exactly. The whole thing is ridiculous.

Anybody have footage of or remember the other tackle Bale is on about when Adam was at Blackpool?

That was a very nasty tackle to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Tony Barrett says a deal for Allen is close even though no fee has been agreed.
    He also thinks there is nothing happening on Gaston Ramirez at the moment.
    If that is true and his agent is in London for talks it would seem it's not with Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Those Spurs boys are embarrassing themselves on this one.

Does anyone think pacheco is good enough for the squad on matchday for the coming season? Along with shelvey was very impressed with him so far I reckon he'll finally get his season to prove himself.
    While he dosent exactly fill our winger problem I think he's tidy enough on the ball.

Personally I thought he was just ok in the friendlies with glimpses of the talent we expect.
    I'd love him to make it at Liverpool but I'm not hopeful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

FFS we have been saying it for years Charlie Adam cant tackle .

Bellamy was excellent for GB again yesterday off two days rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

God football fans can be a blinkered bunch. Adam took Bale out for 3 months when with Blackpool. The most recent challenge was bang out of order. It was a pre season friendly... What the hell is Adam going in like that for? It was reckless and idiotic at best if there was no intent. Bale is waiting for a scan to see if there is any damage. Doesnt anyone think it's odd that this is twice now that Adam has potentially put Bale out of action? Would be funny to see what Pool fans reactions would be like if a Spurs player went in on Lucas like that in a pre season friendly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Aquilani is gone according to the sport headlines on Newstalk - Fiorentina

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Bale has every right to be angry at Adam
    Adam needs to stop the lazy tackles

Playboy wrote: »
    God football fans can be a blinkered bunch. Adam took Bale out for 3 months when with Blackpool. The most recent challenge was bang out of order. It was a pre season friendly... What the hell is Adam going in like that for? It was reckless and idiotic at best if there was no intent. Bale is waiting for a scan to see if there is any damage. Doesnt anyone think it's odd that this is twice now that Adam has potentially put Bale out of action? Would be funny to see what Pool fans reactions would be like if a Spurs player went in on Lucas like that in a pre season friendly

The tackle was on the 20 minute, if it was a bad injury he shouldnt have continued to play for 45 mins. Its being blown out of all proportion.

mike65 wrote: »
    Aquilani is gone according to the sport headlines on Newstalk - Fiorentina

That guy has to be the most strangest bloke we've ever signed......

Stupid tackle ........ Yes
    Malicious ...............No
    Agenda..................No
    Cowardly................No
    Ability to tackle.......No
    Caught wrong side..Yes
    Happens most game.Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

God football fans can be a blinkered bunch. Adam took Bale out for 3 months when with Blackpool. The most recent challenge was bang out of order. It was a pre season friendly... What the hell is Adam going in like that for? It was reckless and idiotic at best of there was no intent. Bale is waiting for a scan to see if there is any damage. Doesnt anyone think it's odd that this is twice now that Adam has potentially put Bale out of action? Would be funny to see what Pool fans reactions would be like if a Spurs player went in on Lucas like that in a pre season friendly

The tackle at the weekend was a foul, nothing more, nothing less. If Bale isn't happy to be the subject of fouls like that occassionally - he should retire now. AVB making a big deal out of it was ludicrous enough (lucky he didn't end up in hospital?! wtf?!), but Bale's further comments are pretty funny.

Also, if I were a Spurs fan ragin about the tackle & potential injury ramifications, I'd actually be more interested in asking why he played on for a half an hour after the tackle in question & what damage that will have done.

Him calling anyone a coward is a little hilarious though, the guy is one of the softest players in the league & one of the worst actual full on "divers" in the league, including a pretty hilarious one against us last season if i remember right.

Karma for all his diving?
    Karma for pulling out of the Olympics due to "injury"?
    Perhaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

What a pathetic fuss from Spurs over Bale.

The AVB comments make me glad he's not our manager too,

We should make sure that Adam plays against Spurs in PL now just for the fear factor!

murpho999 wrote: »

We should make sure that Adam plays against Spurs in PL now just for the fear factor!

There is a possibility AVB will turn out to be an outstanding manager but I personally suspect that 12 months from now Spurs will be regretting booting Arry out.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Bale (March 2012) If people want to say I’m diving they can, but at the end of the day I’m trying to get out of the way and save myself and my career. You’ve just got to try to be a bit clever about it. I’ve got a few people sent off this year by doing that.

BaleDive.gif

My heart bleeds for Bale, truly.

Johnson and Kelly are not natural athletes! :p

Brendan Rodgers has explained why he decided not to hand Glen Johnson and Martin Kelly a run out in Saturday's goalless friendly with Tottenham Hotspur in Baltimore.

Steven Gerrard, Jordan Henderson, Andy Carroll and Stewart Downing and Fabio Borini all figured at the M&T Bank Stadium after they were afforded extra time off following their Euro 2012 exertions.

Johnson and Kelly, however, were not in action against Spurs with Rodgers keen to manage the condition of each of his players to ensure they're in prime shape for the start of 2012-13.

"You have to look at every individual's needs as you can't expect them all to be the same," said the manager.

"The likes of Steven, Jordan and Stewart are natural athletes but others take that little bit more time.

"Glen just needs an extra few days of conditioning.

"It's the same with Martin. He's a young kid and I need to do my best to ensure his conditioning ensures he picks up less injuries in games."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

murpho999 wrote: »

It's obviously something that Spurs are aware of with Adam, when you add in his red card for a bad tackle on Parker last season. I get the feeling that it's a culmination of a number of incidents rather than just a reaction to this one isolated incident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭BINKY NIPPER

Mr Alan wrote: »
    The tackle at the weekend was a foul, nothing more, nothing less. If Bale isn't happy to be the subject of fouls like that occassionally - he should retire now. AVB making a big deal out of it was ludicrous enough (lucky he didn't end up in hospital?! wtf?!), but Bale's further comments are pretty funny.

Also, if I were a Spurs fan ragin about the tackle & potential injury ramifications, I'd actually be more interested in asking why he played on for a half an hour after the tackle in question & what damage that will have done.

Him calling anyone a coward is a little hilarious though, the guy is one of the softest players in the league & one of the worst actual full on "divers" in the league, including a pretty hilarious one against us last season if i remember right.

Karma for all his diving?
    Karma for pulling out of the Olympics due to "injury"?
    Perhaps.

Stopped reading after this.

Take a step back and look at the tackle again. It was clumbsy. No more. No less.

I haven't seen anyone defend the tackle charlie Adam made when playing for Blackpool. It was reckless and deserved a red card.

There is no comparison between the 2 tackles and to think there is is actually 'blinkered' as you put it IMHO.

For Bale to come out and call that tackle cowardly is OTT.

I suppose it's a timely distraction from the slagging he was getting from pinning his ears back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

NukaCola wrote: »
    That guy has to be the most strangest bloke we've ever signed......

I believe "nutter" is the word you`re looking for. :p

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    It's obviously something that Spurs are aware of with Adam, when you add in his red card for a bad tackle on Parker last season. I get the feeling that it's a culmination of a number of incidents rather than just a reaction to this one isolated incident.

While I would understand and accept that the Adam tackle on Parker was a red last season I don't think there was any malice in the tackle.

Bale was quite vocal though to the ref and seemed to ensure the ref chose a red card.

Parker is another who likes to have an extra couple of rolls on the ground but seeing as he's british it gets overlooked IMO.
    We all know Suarez and a couple of others tend to over react but he's a foreigner in what I see as a Xenophobic country so Suarez is always going to get treated harsher.
    Just to show i'm not being blinkered I remember Downing dived in a game when there was zero contact yet the media didn't make much of it either.

How many thanks are you hoping for with that post?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

That's class man

Bale is one of the biggest cheats in the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Milkers wrote: »
    Bale is one of the biggest cheats in the league.

There is a Liverpool player up there near him though.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Or are you one of these lunatics who thinks all players who play for the club they support are beyond reproach, and are angels on the football pitch?

Yes, Bale and Spurs are acting like old women, but stop pretending it doesn't go on at Liverpool too. And every other damn club.

• Advertisement

amiable wrote: »
    While I would understand and accept that the Adam tackle on Parker was a red last season I don't think there was any malice in the tackle.

Bale was quite vocal though to the ref and seemed to ensure the ref chose a red card.

Parker is another who likes to have an extra couple of rolls on the ground but seeing as he's british it gets overlooked IMO.
    We all know Suarez and a couple of others tend to over react but he's a foreigner in what I see as a Xenophobic country so Suarez is always going to get treated harsher.
    Just to show i'm not being blinkered I remember Downing dived in a game when there was zero contact yet the media didn't make much of it either.

I don't see what diving has to do with the Bale/Adam debate? Bale goes down too easily so he deserves the hatchet treatment? Does Gerrard deserve the same for his swan impressions? Singling out Parker as a diver is just ridiculous tbh.

As for Adam, there are numerous examples of dangerous, reckless tackles from him and to just wave them off as clumsy is wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Des wrote: »

Or are you one of these lunatics who thinks all players who play for the club they support are beyond reproach, and are angels on the football pitch?

Yes, Bale and Spurs are acting like old women, but stop pretending it doesn't go on at Liverpool too. And every other damn club.

I don't think anyone said otherwise (but I'll give you 8/10 for buster!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Does Gerrard deserve the same for his swan impressions? .

It's the Liverpool thread, Gerrard doesn't dive in this thread.

I don't see what diving has to do with the Bale/Adam debate? Bale goes down too easily so he deserves the hatchet treatment? Does Gerrard deserve the same for his swan impressions? Singling out Parker as a diver is just ridiculous tbh.

As for Adam, there are numerous examples of dangerous, reckless tackles from him and to just wave them off as clumsy is wrong.

I said that particular tackle at the weekend was clumbsy but you carry on and change my words.
    I pointed out that other players including Liverpool players dive so well done you in making it look like I don't acknowledge that.
    I didn't once say that he deserves the hatchet treatment because he dives. I said Bale considers a clumbsy tackle as cowardly where as I would consider diving a lot more cowardly.
    I didn't single out Parker, you mentioned Parker in your post and I responded to it. Well done again for painting the situation wrong.
    Now feel free to actually address some of the actual points I have made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I cant believe there is so much bile about that tackle.

Sure it was a dumb challenge, but Adam clearly learned at the Paul Scholes school of tackling.

But to call it a vendetta against Bale is pants on head retarded

Yes he does. On numerous occasions I have stated in the past that Gerrard has dived. One that springs to mind most for me was opening day of the season a few years back against Sheffield United.
    But you carry on Des pretending Liverpool are the only club that has blinkered fans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

frankled wrote: »
    According to Bale he's a coward. Having not seen the tackle and hearing all this I imagined a leg breaker. Having seen it now I think it's a bit over the top. Yellow card offence really, nothing major.

(Long-time lurker, just started posting a bit more recently, so applied for access. Woooo.)

Bale is just annoyed that there was actual contact. Normally Bale manages to time his falls so that there is no contact at all.

Wonder who the bigger coward is. The kind of player who made a clumsy tackle or the type that dives to try and get other players booked.

Stopped reading after this

:P

Do some work!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Bale is an outrageous diver. It's the refs job to clamp down on that.

It doesn't mean he deserves to be hacked down by lazy tacklers like Adam. Adam obviously didn't have the legs to get back and tackle/defend properly. He does this is every time I've seen him play for Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

I love your posts Desmond.

• Advertisement

but stop pretending it doesn't go on at Liverpool too.

WTF are you on about?

Funny how when Lampard injured Alonso and put him out for months, Liverpool fans were being told to cop on and what not on here despite the fact that Lampard had a bit of a history of niggly fouls on Alonso.

It was a poor challenge by Adam, no doubt about that but anyone claiming that it was deliberate really needs to take the tinfoil hat off.

If that was a Schole's tackle, people would just be cracking jokes about how he is terrible at tackling.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Bale is just annoyed that there was actual contact. Normally Bale manages to time his falls so that there is no contact at all.

Wonder who the bigger coward is. The kind of player who made a clumsy tackle or the type that dives to try and get other players booked.

My point exactly

Enough about the tackle who gives a sh*t. C*nts gonna be c*nts.

Any more on Ramirez or Gaitan? Probably both pipe dreams but a man needs to dream on a Monday morning.

amiable wrote: »
    I said that particular tackle at the weekend was clumbsy but you carry on and change my words.
    I pointed out that other players including Liverpool players dive so well done you in making it look like I don't acknowledge that.
    I didn't once say that he deserves the hatchet treatment because he dives. I said Bale considers a clumbsy tackle as cowardly where as I would consider diving a lot more cowardly.

You accept that Liverpool players dive, I accept that Spurs players dive. Great. Now, what does that have to do with Adams collection of dangerous tackles. The only conclusion I can come to is that Bales reputation as a diver was brought into this to somehow justify Adams bad tackles.
    I didn't single out Parker, you mentioned Parker in your post and I responded to it. Well done again for painting the situation wrong.
    Now feel free to actually address some of the actual points I have made
    I mentioned Parker because he was the victim of the Adam red card tackle, which lead you to label him a diver. Parker being a diver (seriously?) has got exactly nothing to do with that Adam tackle?
    Parker is another who likes to have an extra couple of rolls on the ground but seeing as he's british it gets overlooked IMO

Adam's collection of dangerous tackles...? :confused:

The one when he was at Blackpool was bad. Definite red card. Bad tackle.

The one at the weekend? Nothing incident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,367 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

let's not confuse Adam being a lazy tackler with him being some sort of malicious hatchet man.

he's the former, not the latter.

the Bale tackle was nothing. if it was the bad, Bale wouldn't have kept playing. end of. it wasn't great, but it wasn't a hatchet job.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭skydish79

Im hoping some more movement will happen soon on transfers

All clubs have been pretty quiet so maybe its going to take a couple of big transfers ( van persie, modric ) to happen before things start moving

We already needed 3 or 4 players in and with Kuyt, Maxi gone ( Carroll not wanted, Bellamy maybe moving though I think he can be good squad player ) we are going to need players into replace them

The only players we have been really linked with are players Rodgers has managed before ( Allen , Borini ( bought) Sygii )

Have we had any word on the backroom staff - the scouting systems - there was talk of bringing scouts in from Newcastle or City?

skydish79 wrote: »
    Im hoping some more movement will happen soon on transfers

All clubs have been pretty quiet so maybe its going to take a couple of big transfers ( van persie, modric ) to happen before things start moving

We already needed 3 or 4 players in and with Kuyt, Maxi gone ( Carroll not wanted, Bellamy maybe moving though I think he can be good squad player ) we are going to need players into replace them

The only players we have been really linked with are players Rodgers has managed before ( Allen , Borini ( bought) Sygii )

Have we had any word on the backroom staff - the scouting systems - there was talk of bringing scouts in from Newcastle or City?

Two from City joined the club. Think there was talk of a third.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,071 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

The bejesus are you talking about?

Everyone knows Gerrard loves a starfish now and again.

Again, you draw this weird link between fans allegiances and what they're allowed to say, it's something i can never understand. Liverpool players dive, so Liverpool fans can't criticize diving!? Gerrard has gotten plenty of slagging for being a diver on here by liverpool fans down the years.

Noone is pretending it doesn't happen at Liverpool - Bale and the comments happens to be topical at the moment so is getting talked about. Next time Gerrard dives, that'll be topical and, that'll be talked about.

Frankly, I don't understand the purpose of your post. All it serves to do is bring the discussion away from something which is actually happening right now (and god knows there's little enough news floating about!) in favour of a done-to-death one. Why not throw net spend, Rafa, zonal marking and Lucas into it altogether!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement