Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

This is a huge storm in a tea cup. Player fouls player that he injured before and manager comes out to defend his player. Is all in the game yo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

It only just occurred to me that I had no idea who our assistant manager is.

His name is Colin Pascoe.
    There's no picture up on the offish yet so I had a gander on google:

_55284131_pascoe_1009.jpg

That's quite the head on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

Been away from the weekend so I just saw the tackle, I'm not a major fan of charlie but to call him a coward for that "dangerous" tackle is ludicrous. Yellow card because of it's cynical nature not because it was dangerous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Gbear wrote: »
    It only just occurred to me that I had no idea who our assistant manager is.

His name is Colin Pascoe.
    There's no picture up on the offish yet so I had a gander on google:

_55284131_pascoe_1009.jpg

That's quite the head on him.

Looks like that chap from Life on Mars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Why not throw net spend, Rafa, zonal marking and Lucas into it altogether!

The net spend is well and good but unless you get another manager of the calibre of rafa and his zonal marking Lucas will remain an underwhelming player. Sell that diver gerrard.
    :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

People real need to start using or invent the the following HTML code:

<sarcasm>insert sarcasm here </sarcasm>

cause I think I am getting too old to automatically pick up on it :pac:

Sarcasm.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    You accept that Liverpool players dive, I accept that Spurs players dive. Great. Now, what does that have to do with Adams collection of dangerous tackles. The only conclusion I can come to is that Bales reputation as a diver was brought into this to somehow justify Adams bad tackles.

I mentioned Parker because he was the victim of the Adam red card tackle, which lead you to label him a diver. Parker being a diver (seriously?) has got exactly nothing to do with that Adam tackle?

What collection? He made a clumbsy tackle on Bale at the weekend and now he has a collection.
    The reason I brought diving in to it is because Bale accused Adam of being a coward and I think Bale is a bigger coward.
    Still his ears look better now and people have stopped talking about them. Good deflection Bale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

amiable wrote: »
    What collection? He made a clumbsy tackle on Bale at the weekend and now he has a collection.
    The reason I brought diving in to it is because Bale accused Adam of being a coward and I think Bale is a bigger coward.
    Still his ears look better now and people have stopped talking about them. Good deflection Bale

why is bale a coward?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Because diving is cowardly??

how may times does this need to be stated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Lucas Leiva has explained how the encouragement he's received from new manager Brendan Rodgers has helped spur him on in his quest to regain full fitness.

The Brazil midfielder made his long-awaited return from a seven-month injury absence during Liverpool's North America tour, figuring in the friendly clashes with Toronto, Roma and Tottenham.

While stateside, Rodgers spoke in glowing terms about Lucas, insisting the 25-year-old will be a 'brilliant player' for him during his time at the Anfield helm.

Lucas claims such words have provided him with a confidence he can return to the fold stronger than ever in 2012-13.

"On my first day back in Liverpool, he (Rodgers) spoke with me and said I was in his plans," the Reds No.21 told Liverpoolfc.com.

"Those words helped me to relax a little bit more because he was a new manager coming in and everyone wants to impress. I was coming back from an injury and knew I wouldn't be at the same level as the other players.

"It gave me the confidence to progress slowly and I am really happy to have his support from the beginning."

Lucas continued: "When a manager says great things about you, it always gives you extra confidence and motivation - but I was already motivated enough. I am at a big club and very happy to play for this club.

"It's just a question of time and being patient. He has been very important from the first day."

His substitute appearance against Toronto FC was the first time he had taken to the field since sustaining a knee injury in a Carling Cup tie at Chelsea in November of last year.

Lucas admits it's been a long and testing road to recovery, but is steadfast in his belief he can comeback a better player.

"I am very happy to be back and be able to play football again," he said. "I am enjoying every single minute of the (training) sessions and the games too.

"I am looking forward to having a great season. It was a long rehab and six or seven months out, so I was very excited to play again.

"Of course, there is still a lot of work to be done, but I am looking forward to getting my confidence back and being 100 per cent as soon as possible.

"To be honest, I've always respected - and tried to give everything for - my career in my sessions in terms of work. But of course, an injury like I had just makes you stronger and maybe makes you change the way you think about a few things.

"As I said, it was a long rehab, but I think it will be worth it in my career. I am really happy to be back."

Having notched up 183 appearances for the club, Lucas was one of the more experienced players in the squad that travelled to North America as Rodgers handed a clutch of Liverpool youngsters a chance to shine.

One man who made the most of his opportunity was Jonjo Shelvey - and Lucas was among those impressed by the performance levels of the 20-year-old.

"Jonjo is a young player, but he's been with us for two or three season so we have seen every day he has a lot of quality and I think he will be a very good player for this club," he said.

"He has been very impressive in pre-season and I am looking forward to helping him when he wants me to. Hopefully he will be a great addition this season.

"My advice to him would be just to keep working hard and when he gets a chance, to try and take it.

"He has a little bit of experience already and played a few games last season, so I think he won't have a problem when he has his chance - and I will try to help him on the pitch."

Nicolas Gatain's agent insists that no offers are on the table for his client, and he is happy at Benfica.

The Argentine playmaker has been linked with a move to England all summer, firstly with Manchester United and most recently Liverpool.

The 24-year-old has admitted he would be attracted by a move to England, but insists he is happy at Benfica.

And his agent insists that Gaitan fully intends to be with Benfica next term.

"Gaitan is a Benfica player, and he is happy with them," Jose Iribarren told the Record.

"I do not know of any offer on the table, I have only seen what was written in the newspapers.

"If an offer appears we would study it but the intention of Nico is to be with Benfica next season."

By the by where the f*ck is Pepe Reina these days? Im assuming he got longer off because of Spain getting to the finals. Wonder will he play the Uefa Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

gafferino wrote: »
    By the by where the f*ck is Pepe Reina these days? Im assuming he got longer off because of Spain getting to the finals. Wonder will he play the Uefa Cup.

He's a lazy ****er anyway, what does he need extra time off for :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Aqua gone?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19043308

I'd post more info but bbc keeps crashing ie6 on me :(

edit i see others have posted about this from "other" sources but the BBC are fairly credable

danniemcq wrote: »
    Aqua gone?

edit i see others have posted about this from "other" sources but the BBC are fairly credable

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKRMv9MCtvf_IlTBcaMHam9szylaHgMdTEyDCKzZdXmvrrqrnIKw

• Advertisement

Aqua gone?

Good riddance, worst ever LFC signing......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

NukaCola wrote: »

Is that really a fair comment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

gafferino wrote: »

Was wondering that myself.

Torres was back with Chelsea last week and he actually got some game time.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSfe4lBCvZi81Mmy5NL3z7kH_DnGV1AZAw2R9NbobXYri0nxjjnZg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSfe4lBCvZi81Mmy5NL3z7kH_DnGV1AZAw2R9NbobXYri0nxjjnZg

I never said worst player, just the worst signing we ever made......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭frankled

That was a very nasty tackle to be fair

Yeah no arguing that one. He can't tackle for sh1t. Like Scholes etc.

racso1975 wrote: »
    Is that really a fair comment?

Some wouldnt agree i suppose, but the transfer fee and wages paid for a guy who never played for us is astounding, especially seeing that we didnt have a lot of money to throw around. A spectacular fail. He has talent but the transfer, IMO, is by far the worst we ever made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Some wouldnt agree i suppose, but the transfer fee and wages paid for a guy who never played for us is astounding, especially seeing that we didnt have a lot of money to throw around. A spectacular fail. He has talent but the transfer, IMO, is by far the worst we ever made.

He played 23 times for ye and got man of match twice and put in some fairly good performances it all went pear shaped when rafa left and woy did not fancy him added to a injury at the end of first season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

You accept that Liverpool players dive, I accept that Spurs players dive. Great. Now, what does that have to do with Adams collection of dangerous tackles. The only conclusion I can come to is that Bales reputation as a diver was brought into this to somehow justify Adams bad tackles.

I mentioned Parker because he was the victim of the Adam red card tackle, which lead you to label him a diver. Parker being a diver (seriously?) has got exactly nothing to do with that Adam tackle?

Thats 2 against Bale now, plus the Parker one. That's against Spurs alone. I couldn't be bothered looking for more examples since Bales appearance i.s now apparently relevant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Aqua gone?

ie6 really? Dude update!

racso1975 wrote: »
    He played 23 times for ye and got man of match twice and put in some fairly good performances it all went pear shaped when rafa left and woy did not fancy him added to a injury at the end of first season.

Thats value for money these days is it?
    Again, i'm not saying he's a bad player, just the whole transfer saga in which he is at the centre of is the worst business the club has ever done.

I'm not saying its all his fault but i refuse to believe he is blameless. Rafa didnt utilise him and hinted that he was feining injury. Woy shipped him out as did Kenny, and now Rodgers will leave him go. Thats 4 managers.

A few weeks ago he says he's happy at LFC, but then flew back to Italy after preseason to negotiate a move. He doesnt want to be at LFC so good riddance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

His agent says its bollox

Thats 2 against Bale now, plus the Parker one. That's against Spurs alone. I couldn't be bothered looking for more examples since Bales appearance i.s now apparently relevant.

So you want to state an opinion and not bother back it up?.....

His agent says a lot of things....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Rodgers also saying he will be assessing him this week.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7949907

Opr

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Leiva wrote: »
    People real need to start using or invent the the following HTML code:

<sarcasm>insert sarcasm here </sarcasm>

cause I think I am getting too old to automatically pick up on it :pac:

Sarcasm.gif

I don't think it's an age thing, I'm one of the youngest regs on the SF and I never pick up on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Just seen the tackle there, tis a bad tackle and certainly a yellow but bale and avb are after going way overboard with it, bale can't exatcly going around saying stuff like that after snubbing the gb team because of his "injury".
    Next game v spurs could be fiesty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

i'm sure we will let go of Aqua
    hopefully we sign Allen & Dempsey soon
    we badly need new signings

• Registered Users Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

So you want to state an opinion and not bother back it up?.....
    3 examples against 1 team in 15 months is plenty to satisfy me. I'm not going digging around for more just to prove a point to someone who descended to bringing ears into a debate about Charlie Adams habit of tackling dangerously.

Only if Adam plays, and i hope he doesn't being honest....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

MD1990 wrote: »

We badly need the Right signings

As much as I love Dempsey and think he'd be an asset, and as much as I think Joe Allen is deffo one for the future, I'm not sure they are the right players for us right now..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

MD1990 wrote: »

As I said before......

Out
    Carroll
    Kuyt
    Maxi

In
    Borini
    Allen
    Dempsey

If that's the extent of our business, I'll be tremendously disappointed.

Hopefully we have other signings up our sleeve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

'Ear 'ear, i say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Getting moderately worried by our transfer activity at this stage. The players we are heavily linked with don't fill me with excitement either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Aye grand as a squad player but hopefully won't see much of him this season, that rumour of him going to fulham in the dempsey deal would be brilliant if it were true.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    In
    Borini
    Allen
    Dempsey

If that's the extent of our business, I'll be tremendously disappointed.

Hopefully we have other signings up our sleeve.

Even that Transfer In feels a bit ambitious at this stage, all gone quiet on the Dempsey transfer, Allens transfer doesn't seem as cut and dry as the media are making out.......I understand that the transfer window is open for another few weeks but surely we need our targets wrapped up soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I know Borini is a step into the transfer market but Rodgers better have something amazing up his sleeve signings wise, or we're battling for 8th again....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKRMv9MCtvf_IlTBcaMHam9szylaHgMdTEyDCKzZdXmvrrqrnIKw
    stick-dan wrote: »
    ie6 really? Dude update!

stupid work computers, you know cause ie6 is so stable and secure we don't need to update till later this year.

I forgot the sarcasm tags but don't think they are needed for this post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

Dr Galen wrote: »
    We badly need the Right signings

As much as I love Dempsey and think he'd be an asset, and as much as I think Joe Allen is deffo one for the future, I'm not sure they are the right players for us right now..

Let's get real - we are no longer a top drawer club. Dempsey would be a good signing for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Aye grand as a squad player but hopefully won't see much of him this season, that rumour of him going to fulham in the dempsey deal would be brilliant if it were true.

Not really tbh.

If we ship him off to Fulham, we then have to buy another midfielder? :confused:

People slate Adam, but I don't think we'd be able to get a better midfielder for the £6m odd we paid for him. The only issue last season was that we relied on him too much. If he adopts slightly more of a squad role this year, I'm perfectly happy to have him at the club.

• Advertisement

I hope there will be a flurry of activity at some point. I think that a lot of clubs are waiting for the Olympics to end to take stock of injuries etc There is no point in splashing out umpteen million on a player only for him to get injured playing Honduras or something like that.

From another point of view, clubs may not want to sell before the Olympics ends; hoping that their player has a great tournament and can add a few extra million to their price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,512 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Good riddance to Aquaman.

Absolute disaster.

Nice enough guy it seems and good ability but nearly 20m pounds for a player who was injured when we bought him and only gets fit for half a season whilst we ship him out for two more seasons.

We should have just sold him straight away for a loss.

It does seem strange (or maybe rather telling?) that Roy, then Kenny and now Rodgers 'seem' not to consider him good enough to fight for (staying). Then again, don't know what goes on beyond closed doors.

That's one against Bale. Just because Bale called him a coward doesn't make it a terrible tackle.
    I also have already said the one against Parker was not malicious. His foot was high.

So that's one dirty tackle.

3 examples against 1 team in 15 months is plenty to satisfy me. I'm not going digging around for more just to prove a point to someone who descended to bringing ears into a debate about Charlie Adams habit of tackling dangerously.

You sir should stop believing your manager and Bale when it comes to what is a dangerous tackle.
    Saturdays tackle was not dangerous.
    And His Red against Spurs last season was a second yellow card not a straight red

Tusky wrote: »
    Getting moderately worried by our transfer activity at this stage. The players we are heavily linked with don't fill me with excitement either.

I think it shows the club are trying to haggle the price

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement