Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Just seen the tackle there, tis a bad tackle and certainly a yellow but bale and avb are after going way overboard with it, bale can't exatcly going around saying stuff like that after snubbing the gb team because of his "injury".
    Next game v spurs could be fiesty

If Adam is starting against the likes of Spurs, then I'll be very disappointed with our summer transfers tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Linked with Jack Butland today which is good to see. Will cost a pretty penny but unlike most English targets he certainly looks worth it from what I've seen and read.

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

opr wrote: »
    Linked with Jack Butland today which is good to see. Will cost a pretty penny but unlike most English targets he certainly looks worth it from what I've seen and read.

Opr

You asked about this last week. Would be an excellent signing and very good back up for Reina.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

Given Butland's call-up for Euro 2012 (replacing Ruddy), I doubt he'd want a move to anywhere where he'd be playing second fiddle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Twitter does make me laugh at times, and not just by following Dara O'Briain.

The rumoured star player that LFC are supposed to have arranged a loan deal on is now David Villa.

Yesterday it was Kaka!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Ape X wrote: »
    Given Butland's call-up for Euro 2012 (replacing Ruddy), I doubt he'd want a move to anywhere where he'd be playing second fiddle.

Sign him and loan him back might be something the club are thinking. I'd like to think though, that if Liverpool had the option of signing him, Butland would jump at the move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

Knex. wrote: »
    Sign him and loan him back might be something the club are thinking. I'd like to think though, that if Liverpool had the option of signing him, Butland would jump at the move.
    That's a fair point.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Twitter does make me laugh at times, and not just by following Dara O'Briain.

The rumoured star player that LFC are supposed to have arranged a loan deal on is now David Villa.

Yesterday it was Kaka!
    I have an idea. Let's get carried away and believe these cool tweets about players we'd like and dismiss completely as twitter rubbish the tweets we hate like Agger linked with Man City ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

His agent says its bollox
    His agent is a tool of the highest order. Right up until the official announcement last Summer, he was adamant that Aquilani was going to remain a Liverpool player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

What is with this club and being linked with dodgy loan deals. We're not an irish bank!!!

• Advertisement

Ape X wrote: »

If he was watching Reina last season I'd say he'll fancy his chances of displacing him pretty soon :P

Most of the top clubs in the premiership are set with fairly young keepers for the future with the exception of Spurs. They've been heavily linked with Hugo Lloris.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

noodler wrote: »
    Good riddance to Aquaman.

Absolute disaster.
    I said it all along, there was no way he was ever going to play for us again.

Rafa didn't want him.
    Woy didn't want him.
    Kenny didn't want him.
    Rodgers didn't want him.
    Juventus didn't want him.
    Milan didn't want him.

The fact that he is dropping down to an Italian team that flirted with relegation last season says everything you need to know about a player who clearly has talent and should be playing the best football of his career.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out you lazy, injury-faking parasite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Aye grand as a squad player but hopefully won't see much of him this season, that rumour of him going to fulham in the dempsey deal would be brilliant if it were true.

Not really tbh.

If we ship him off to Fulham, we then have to buy another midfielder? :confused:

People slate Adam, but I don't think we'd be able to get a better midfielder for the £6m odd we paid for him. The only issue last season was that we relied on him too much. If he adopts slightly more of a squad role this year, I'm perfectly happy to have him at the club.

Yeah for what we paid he does the job tbf I haven't been his biggest fan but he's a more successful buy. If he was part of the dempsey deal and knocked a few bob of the price I think itd be good as we're most certainly in for Allen so that's the midfield covered.

All pie in the sky though, god knows what our squad will look like come september. Should be an interesting few weeks ahead

I said it all along, there was no way he was ever going to play for us again.

Rafa didn't want him.
    Woy didn't want him.
    Kenny didn't want him.
    Rodgers didn't want him.
    Juventus didn't want him.
    Milan didn't want him.

The fact that he is dropping down to an Italian team that flirted with relegation last season says everything you need to know about a player who clearly has talent and should be playing the best football of his career.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out you lazy, injury-faking parasite.
    Tell us how you really feel Francie :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

why is bale a coward?

Gareth Bale - "At the end of the day I would rather dive than get hurt."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2112226/Gareth-Bale-Im-diver.html

^^^^^tis the very definition of a coward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

amiable wrote: »
    I have an idea. Let's get carried away and believe these cool tweets about players we'd like and dismiss completely as twitter rubbish the tweets we hate like Agger linked with Man City ;)

Should just ignore them all.

Do think though there is something in Agger story but not much.

Don't find it unreasonable at all to believe that City enquired about Agger and were told he's not for sale and moved in.

I'm sure it happens all the time but seems to cause blind panic when supporters get wind of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Anyone seen this? http://www.businessandleadership.com/leadership/item/36358-rafael-benitez-to-speak-at/

"Former Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez will speak at a special event at Dublin’s Bord Gais Energy Theatre on 13 September where attendants are promised an “exclusive insight” into the mind of this footballing great.

Benitez will share memories from his early career at Real Madrid, his winning times at Valencia and his beginnings at Liverpool Football Club. He will also speak about his latest book: Champions League Dreams and explains how he took Liverpool to their historic fifth European championship.

Benitez has one of the most illustrious and successful careers in football management. He guided Valencia to two La Liga titles and UEFA Cup victory. In 2005, he led Liverpool to a UEFA Champions League victory.

This event is in support of the Montse Benitez Foundation, which was set up in 2011 by Rafa and his wife Montse. Montse was recently the recipient of the "Woman in Philanthropy Award" in the Merseyside Women Of The Year honours. The foundation supports various charities based in Liverpool."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

daithijjj wrote: »
    Gareth Bale - "At the end of the day I would rather dive than get hurt."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2112226/Gareth-Bale-Im-diver.html

^^^^^tis the very definition of a coward.

This is the bit that sickened me.

You’ve just got to try to be a bit clever about it. I’ve got a few people sent off this year by doing that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,367 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

murpho999 wrote: »
    Do think though there is something in Agger story but not much.

Don't find it unreasonable at all to believe that City enquired about Agger and were told he's not for sale and moved in.

more than likely IMO, Agger's agent wants to get his client a new contract, and the story has come out quite conveniently in order to get us moving on that contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

noodler wrote: »
    Good riddance to Aquaman.

Absolute disaster.

Nice enough guy it seems and good ability but nearly 20m pounds for a player who was injured when we bought him and only gets fit for half a season whilst we ship him out for two more seasons.

We should have just sold him straight away for a loss.

It does seem strange (or maybe rather telling?) that Roy, then Kenny and now Rodgers 'seem' not to consider him good enough to fight for (staying). Then again, don't know what goes on beyond closed doors.

Agree with the above. Just goes to show you that talent will only get you so far. Players need to have the right attitude as well as the right talent. I was worried about Aqua's prospects when I saw he missed the start of pre-season because he was getting married. C'mon dude, there's a new manager to impress and you decide to take a week off work to get married.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

SlickRic wrote: »
    more than likely IMO, Agger's agent wants to get his client a new contract, and the story has come out quite conveniently in order to get us moving on that contract.

Oh I hope your right .

For the money spent and the on-field return, Aqualani is one of the worst Liverpool signings ever made. Good riddance.

The talentless **** has only helped his last two teams win league titles :P

Opr

Leiva wrote: »
    Oh I hope your right .

either that, or it's complete bullshít.

£12m is too fúcking hilarious.

Opr

And yet neither of them deemed him good enough to keep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Use a good chunk of the £300,000 or so a week that we've saved on wages so far this summer to give Agger a top salary that his ability deserves and keep him at the club for the next 4 years.

Include a release clause of £40m if he wants.

Some might say it's a risk given his injury record but it's more palatable than losing him imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Opr

5 managers have passed up the chance of keeping him in their squad......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Opr

Milan didn't win Serie A this year and Juventus didn't win it the year before

And yet neither of them deemed him good enough to keep.

How many times does it have to said. They don't have money! We gave Aquilani a crazy deal which has meant he has become unmovable especially to Italy. The buyout clause with Juventus was ridiculously high and Milan went off and did a few more loan deals to get players for the coming season.

Anyone who thinks we wouldn't have been better with him in the squad over the last two seasons is a fool. The squad is even weaker than in recent seasons yet still people want to see him head off.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Possibly closer to the truth, or it could be as simple as City testing the water and getting knocked back by all parties.

Agger made comments of late about being at the club because he wants to be there, and unlike a lot of players I would believe him as he is a very blunt talker at times, and has the nice habit of saying what he means, and meaning what he says.

• Advertisement

How many times does it have to said. They don't have money! We gave Aquilani a crazy deal which has meant he has become unmovable especially to Italy. The buyout clause with Milan was ridiculously high and Juventus went off and did a few more loan deals to get players for the coming season.

Anyone who thinks we wouldn't have been better with him in the squad over the last two seasons is a fool. The squad is even weaker than in recent seasons yet still people want to see him head off.

Opr

^^nail hit firmly on head^^

The reason Aquilani loan spells did not stick is more got to do with the ridiculous personal terms we agreed with him .

I am after doing a quick comparison to our dealings in the transfer market this term and those of teams around us. Its very concerning .

Apart from City who have been surprisingly quiet (so far) every other club looking for CL have significantly strengthened their squad :o

Please can we just go back in time 12 months and start again .

Leiva wrote: »
    I am after doing a quick comparison to our dealings in the transfer market this term and those of teams around us. Its very concerning .

Apart from City who have been surprisingly quiet (so far) every other club looking for CL have significantly strengthened their squad :o

Please can we just go back in time 12 months and start again .

I'm taking it as a sign that the club aren't willing to be taken for a ride this summer and pay high fees. It looks like the club will try and negotiate a fair price for players.
    We also have to realise the scouts/management aren't in place that long and their search criteria will have changed from their times at Man City and Swansea.

Patience is the key but we may not get all the players we go after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Rodgers also saying he will be assessing him this week.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7949907

Opr

He says this every week.
    Mr Alan wrote: »
    As I said before......

Out
    Carroll
    Kuyt
    Maxi

In
    Borini
    Allen
    Dempsey

If that's the extent of our business, I'll be tremendously disappointed.

Hopefully we have other signings up our sleeve.

This is not happening so get over it.

I'm taking it as a sign that the club aren't willing to be taken for a ride this summer and pay high fees. It looks like the club will try and negotiate a fair price for players.
    We also have to realise the scouts/management aren't in place that long and their search criteria will have changed from their times at Man City and Swansea.

Patience is the key but we may not get all the players we go after.

I'm hoping that's the case but am slightly worried that Ayre just doesn't have much of a clue what he's doing.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,981 ✭✭✭doc_17

Aquilani won't be missed. To say everyone who disagrees is a fool is a bit harsh. He clearly didn't settle in his first season and maybe that was unfortunate but he also isn't in the Italy squad which has nothing to do with money.

..and still no news on Marco Bueno who was to join us on a pre contract this summer .

He says this every week.

This is not happening so get over it.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSBInUwLP0GvBFkCdn2B8hiAKnr7dZbLQEegrboeKQETh7JJT1l_A

doc_17 wrote: »
    Aquilani won't be missed. To say everyone who disagrees is a fool is a bit harsh. He clearly didn't settle in his first season and maybe that was unfortunate but he also isn't in the Italy squad which has nothing to do with money.

He was in the Italy squad right up until he got injured at the back end of last season.

My problem isn't specifically with Aquilani. It's this constant removal of quality within in the squad when we have far worse that we should be looking to move on first. I wasn't Meireles biggest fan but I realised that they point at which we sold him was madness given the state of our squad. We keep moving on decent players with far inferior players in the squad or replacing them with rubbish.

Opr

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSBInUwLP0GvBFkCdn2B8hiAKnr7dZbLQEegrboeKQETh7JJT1l_A

trust-building-bridge.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Goodbye aqua, sweet prince!

You will always be a fan favourite and gave nothing but your best, dirk kuyt-ish like! Even though you havent officially left yet but whatever...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

So obsessed with us...

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

doc_17 wrote: »

Of course he won't be missed, he hasn't played a game for the club in two years.

I still think he deserved a proper chance at the club as he is more talented than any of our other midfielders with the possible exception of Gerrard.

As a previous poster mentioned we continue to let talented midfielders leave and replace them with players who haven't shown themselves to be any better.

I'm not particularly enthused by our dealings thus far but I won't make a judgement until the window closes.

#bringAquaback

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

You will always be a fan favourite and gave nothing but your best, dirk kuyt-ish like! Even though you havent officially left yet but whatever...

What............ :confused:

i assume this is heavily laden with sarcasm.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

Goodbye Alberto we hardly knew you.

• Advertisement

Aqua is like the evil dude in a horror movie. He is not gone, he will never be gone.
    At some point when everyone thinks he is gone and have finally breathed a collective sigh of relief, he will jump out of nowhere and stab us all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement