Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

SlickRic wrote: »
    i assume this is heavily laden with sarcasm.

That it is, sarcasm is flavour of the month at the moment so said id throw me hat at it.

Dr.frinkwithsarcasmdetector.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

He says this every week.

This is not happening so get over it.

You might want to change your avatar methinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

So torn. I don't know if I'm meant to buy a Chevrolet or boycott them now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Leiva wrote: »
    ..and still no news on Marco Bueno who was to join us on a pre contract this summer .

We'll probably sign him, then play him in the reserves, not give him too many chances or even loan him out. Then let him run down his contract and excel someplace else.

627348702.jpg?key=500333&Expires=1343665995&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=hnBekw8djLz-yEwroGnrplZUcBOyNxwaN3GdxaGbDC2RWJep9sAhego4ndiZf2AI-sV9-Y4wJ63zVkdhTAT0Wba%7E1FLlpJ1MONFHugwrzmOetby2Jecjla4b8YhnCUM0M6ldyeb0zwdO52qPfndhok3uB6kY4PiiFGN%7Emrfbf9E_
    Model stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

627348702.jpg?key=500333&Expires=1343665995&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=hnBekw8djLz-yEwroGnrplZUcBOyNxwaN3GdxaGbDC2RWJep9sAhego4ndiZf2AI-sV9-Y4wJ63zVkdhTAT0Wba%7E1FLlpJ1MONFHugwrzmOetby2Jecjla4b8YhnCUM0M6ldyeb0zwdO52qPfndhok3uB6kY4PiiFGN%7Emrfbf9E_
    Model stuff

Jaysus, don't be posting that. You'll turn the whole lot of us gay! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Model stuff

Looks like a rocker, plays like an emo. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Kess73 wrote: »
    Looks like a rocker, plays like an emo. :pac:

"Nobody understands my knock downs.":(

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/07/30/3276041/dempsey-pulls-out-of-fulham-tour-to-force-liverpool-move

Goal.com (yes, I know) claiming that Dempsey has refused to travel on Fulham's pre-season to force through a move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/07/30/3276041/dempsey-pulls-out-of-fulham-tour-to-force-liverpool-move

Goal.com (yes, I know) claiming that Dempsey has refused to travel on Fulham's pre-season to force through a move.
    id say its true
    Dempsey hasn't played at all so far in pre-season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Wouldn't be too surprised if we ended up waiting it out with Fulham and eventually making the signing for £7-8m (probably undisclosed) towards the end of the window.

£10m is too much for a 29 year-old of his quality with one year on his contract.

I would imagine that Fulham can't afford to let an asset who could fetch £7m now go for free in a year's time. Add to this the player's clear desire to leave and alleged reluctance to play until he is allowed to do so and Fulham's hardline stance of £10m or nothing looks more and more difficult to maintain.

Adam and £2m should be a fair and good deal for all parties concerned imo

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

PRAF wrote: »

Agree with the above. Just goes to show you that talent will only get you so far. Players need to have the right attitude as well as the right talent. I was worried about Aqua's prospects when I saw he missed the start of pre-season because he was getting married. C'mon dude, there's a new manager to impress and you decide to take a week off work to get married.

I'm sorry, decent point and all, but have you seen his wife? Like him or loathe him, the guy knows how to sign a tasty contract.

Can't post her pic as I'm on my phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Morzadec wrote: »
    Wouldn't be too surprised if we ended up waiting it out with Fulham and eventually making the signing for £7-8m (probably undisclosed) towards the end of the window.

£10m is too much for a 29 year-old of his quality with one year on his contract.

I would imagine that Fulham can't afford to let an asset who could fetch £7m now go for free in a year's time. Add to this the player's clear desire to leave and alleged reluctance to play until he is allowed to do so and Fulham's hardline stance of £10m or nothing looks more and more difficult to maintain.

Adam and £2m should be a fair and good deal for all parties concerned imo

I imagine they'd prefer cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Any of you guys solicitors ?

I'm in the process of house sale & purchase if you want any business .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Leiva wrote: »
    Any of you guys solicitors ?

I'm in the process of house sale & purchase if you want any business .

I'll give it a lash.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Ian Dennis @Iandennisbbc

West Ham have agreed a 2m pound loan fee with Liverpool for Andy Carroll. Its with a view to a 17m deal providing #WHUFC stay in the PL.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

Balls. If it's true

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭skydish79

-Ade- wrote: »

Carroll has said if he were to move he wanted a move to club in europe.

Can liverpool force this through

Fear we are going to be left with a player who will be pissed off with the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

a joke if it is true, rodgers hasnt even given him a chance while joke hole is still about the club. we are going into the new season with 2 strikers in suarez and the unproven borini. Rodgers better have something big up his sleave because this leave us needing at least 3 attacking players.

• Advertisement

sh1tstorm incoming!!!!!!!!

skydish79 wrote: »
    Carroll has said if he were to move he wanted a move to club not in europe.

What? Got a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭skydish79

What? Got a link?

sorry edit that to a club in europe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19056545

Looks like carroll could be going now .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Its on BBC world service, 2m fee, 17m if they stay up. He might not want to leave but Kevin Nolan must be in his ear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

I hope they have someone good lined up to take his place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

daithijjj wrote: »
    Its on BBC world service, 2m fee, 17m if they stay up. He might not want to leave but Kevin Nolan must be in his ear.

AFAIK Carroll has the same agent as Sam Allardyce as well. I doubt negotiations would have got this far if Carroll wasn't open to a move there.

Didnt Rodgers say that Carroll would not be loaned out

Full of BS buck.

Once again we are getting rode in deals.

I hope Carroll rams in 20 goals this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Rodgers better have a bright new sparkly wheel barrow all picked out and ready to go.

Opr

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm a bit confused (not to say ga-ga), has Aquilani gone and to who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

So much for Rodgers saying there would be ''absolutely no way'' of Carroll going on loan then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭RayCon

daithijjj wrote: »
    Its on BBC world service, 2m fee, 17m if they stay up.

What if they dont stay up ?

Jesus, would have thought Liverpool would have learned from the Aqualani fiasco. This Carroll deal will probably end the same way, ****ing terrible business and football decision. Mind you, so was paying that only for him in the first place so this only compounds Dalglish's error.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Aqua is like the evil dude in a horror movie. He is not gone, he will never be gone.
    At some point when everyone thinks he is gone and have finally breathed a collective sigh of relief, he will jump out of nowhere and stab us all.

Not that I disagree with that analogy, but doesnt that make Andy the long haired buxom bird who only lasts a few scenes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,071 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

RayCon wrote: »

He'd come back to us. West Ham simply couldn't afford him or his wages if they went down. It's likely he'll score more in a West Ham team built around him than he would for us, so even if he comes back after, he will probably be more saleable.

To be honest, if we're set on selling, 19 million pounds overall is a pretty great deal (the fact most of it comes next year really makes very little difference to other deals anyway, they're always spread over a few years).

If you consider that Bent has consistently scored goals and has been sold at 16m, 10m and 18m, Carroll is not a 19 million pound player.
    (Deal is only good if West Ham HAVE to buy if they stay up)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jesus, would have thought Liverpool would have learned from the Aqualani fiasco. This Carroll deal will probably end the same way, ****ing terrible business and football decision. Mind you, so was paying that only for him in the first place so this only compounds Dalglish's error.

Disagree, West Ham are paying a sum and paying all his wages (unlike either Aqua loan), the completion of the deal is based on staying up which is in West hams own interests (and they can certainly stay up I reckon), whereas the idiotic "points" deal with Milan was just facepalm stuff. They knew they could string Liverpool along and then not complete the deal.

2 million plus 4.2 million wages and 16 million next summer is as good as we could ever see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

West Ham deny deal is done
    Terrible deal if it happens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

RayCon wrote: »

He comes back to us.

Edit.........do people remember Tom Werner saying we dont want to decrease the wages, we want to increase them but get value or something similar?. Keep it in mind, thats all im saying, over next 6 months. Talk the talk......they have spent fk all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭Joni23

There's a lot of talk about David Villa coming in on loan once the Carroll move is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

West Ham have denied it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

But if they do stay up are they iron-clad contract obliged to buy at that price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,504 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Ba has a 7 million release clause
    So strong chance he could be snapped up by another premiership club,
    So maybe Newcastle will now lodge a bid for Andy in next few hours

If they better the offer from West Ham, then i'm sure Andy will choose Newcastle

Still think its crazy, Andy is a good person to have at club,
    Can change a game. Just when we get him fit we do this

And when will this exciting player be signed
    The one Rogers spoke of????????????????????
    He said fans will love him????? Where is he >???????????

And when will this exciting player be signedThe one Rogers spoke of????????????????????He said fans will love him????? Where is he >???????????

It could have been Borinin he was talking about .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

If it's £2m and his wages for a year and a further £17m on top of that if they stay up (and they probably should) then I think we're getting a very good deal on Carroll (if we forget about the outlandish fee we paid in the first place and judge the player on his merits).

Don't at all understand this idea that it's a terrible deal.

Was anyone seriously expecting to get more than £19m for Caroll?! Seriously??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,504 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

It could have been Borinin he was talking about .

BORNIN IS OPPOSITE OF EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!

I don't like the sound of 'Borinin'

It sounds too much like a certain ponytailed striker before Carroll

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews
    West Ham deny deal done to sign Andy Carroll

I find this very strange , one minute he is gone the next he is not . I would just like to know whats going on .

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews
    West Ham deny deal done to sign Andy Carroll

I find this very strange , one minute he is gone the next he is not . I would just like to know whats going on .

People are making up bullsht stories and the gullible fools are buying it, that's what's going on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Paully D wrote: »
    So much for Rodgers saying there would be ''absolutely no way'' of Carroll going on loan then.
    Well it all depends on the terms ie if Liverpool will be paying his wages for this season. Hope not especially as he'll be sold for 17m the season after.

Shame the big fella isn't gonna get a chance under BR regardless of recouping some of the ridiculous fee paid for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

If Carroll is going we better sign 3-4 players in the next week, or two at a max.

Dempsey and Allen (or equivalents), a winger and a striker all will be needed or else we will look desperately light ahead of the new season.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement