Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Maybe we misread, or his English didn't come across as well as he intended, and its actually Enrique who is house hunting with Suso crashing there for the time being?

Anyone's guess at this stage when it comes to Suso.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Gbear wrote: »
    Everything coming out of the club and around it in the media is just conflicting nonsense. I'd say stick to completely ignoring everything unless it's actually confirmed on the club's website. There's only 1 month left of the transfer window. Bury your head in the sand until then and maybe, just maybe, you might make it into next season with your mind still in one piece.

No journalists have a clue what's happening at the club and it's driving them mad. Personally, I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Melion wrote: »
    I hope if Suso does leave permanently then the Kenny lovers give him the majority of the blame for it. His refusal to play him at all last season was baffling. His form had dipped a bit but he was still a better option to have on the bench than most Kenny had on it. I seem to recall 4 defenders and a keeper on it for one game.

So you wanted Kenny to select a player that was struggling for the reserves?

Gbear wrote: »
    Everything coming out of the club and around it in the media is just conflicting nonsense. I'd say stick to completely ignoring everything unless it's actually confirmed on the club's website. There's only 1 month left of the transfer window. Bury your head in the sand until then and maybe, just maybe, you might make it into next season with your mind still in one piece.

If Ben Smith is reporting there is something happening it's highly likely to be true.

amiable wrote: »
    So you wanted Kenny to select a player that was struggling for the reserves?

He struggled in the first half of last season, looked like his regular self in 2nd half. I would have rathered him on the bench than 4 defenders, yes.

Is that squad list not just for the qualifiers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I hope if Suso does leave permanently then the Kenny lovers give him the majority of the blame for it. His refusal to play him at all last season was baffling. His form had dipped a bit but he was still a better option to have on the bench than most Kenny had on it. I seem to recall 4 defenders and a keeper on it for one game.

Rodgers:

- couldn't convince Maxi to hang around;
    - couldn't convince Aqua to hang around;
    - can't convince Suso to hang around?;

Sterling?
    Agger?
    Skrtl?

Suarez?

I'm waiting for real, concrete achievements. Plenty of empty plaudits flowing around the media, but that don't mean nothing.

He struggled in the first half of last season, looked like his regular self in 2nd half. I would have rathered him on the bench than 4 defenders, yes.

He struggled most of the season to be fair. He didn't merit a place on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

It appears that Rodgers is trying to do what I used to do on Football Manager.
    Take over United and then attempt to sell all the players.

Yes it would be. Finalised lists for European competition are to be submitted around both transfer deadlines...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Rodgers:

Sterling?
    Agger?
    Skrtl?

Suarez?

I'm waiting for real, concrete achievements. Plenty of empty plaudits flowing around the media, but that don't mean nothing.

You're a joke at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

It appears that Rodgers is trying to do what I used to do on Football Manager.
    Take over United and then attempt to sell all the players.

You would have been a lot more successful if you sold their good players instead of their **** ones.

Rodgers:

Sterling?
    Agger?
    Skrtl?

Suarez?

Sorry have Suarez,sterling,agger, Suso and Skrtel left? Links?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Rodgers:

Sterling?
    Agger?
    Skrtl?

Suarez?

Maxi was on his way out long before Rodgers came in.
    Any evidence he tried to convince Aquilani to stay?
    Any CONCRETE evidence that he tried to convince Suso to hang around but the young lad rejected his overtures?

Load of nonsense.

Season hasn't even started yet and you are one of the very few making judgements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,039 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Rodgers:

Sterling?
    Agger?
    Skrtl?

Suarez?

I wasnt overly excited myself with Rodgers getting the job but come on give the man a chance we havent kicked a football yet.

joe123 wrote: »

Your opinion doesn't concern me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Rodgers out.

Indeed, is there anything to be said about petey gulacsi though??
    24172430.jpg

Sorry have Suarez,sterling,agger, Suso and Skrtel left? Links?

They are big pieces (to varying degrees) that will require keeping over the coming transfer windows. They will need to buy into Rodger's vision and achievements if they are to sign new contracts. I would have thought that was obvious mind...

niallo27 wrote: »
    I wasnt overly excited myself with Rodgers getting the job but come on give the man a chance we havent kicked a football yet.

I see no reason to trust or respect him at this stage, after all he has barely managed at the highest level before coming here. He will have to earn both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

Rodgers:

Sterling?
    Agger?
    Skrtl?

Suarez?

I'm waiting for real, concrete achievements
    . Plenty of empty plaudits flowing around the media, but that don't mean nothing.

you're aware he's been at the club for 2 months?

They are big pieces (to varying degrees) that will require keeping over the coming transfer windows. They will need to buy into Rodger's vision and achievements if they are to sign new contracts. I would have thought that was obvious mind...

So despite the fact that NONE OF THEM have mentioned leaving the club you've decided to use them as a stick to.beat BR with? You've become a parody of yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

doni_1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,039 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I see no reason to trust or respect him at this stage, after all he has barely managed at the highest level before coming here. He will have to earn both.

You have to give him a chance to earn them though, you dont seem to be giving him a chance. It will wreck your head if you trying to be proved right that he is not good enough but seeing liverpool struggle, a bit like the situation with Roy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Here's the way it works.

18.13 List A has to be submitted by the following fixed deadlines:
    a) 25 June 2012 (24.00 CET) for all matches in the first qualifying round;
    b) 13 July 2012 (24.00 CET) for all matches in the second qualifying round;
    c) 27 July 2012 (24.00 CET) for all matches in the third qualifying round;
    d) 13 August 2012 (24.00 CET) for all matches in the play-off round;
    e) 3 September 2012 (24.00 CET) for all further matches from the first match
    in the group stage up to and including the final.

18.14 For the three qualifying rounds and the play-offs, a club may register a
    maximum of one new eligible player on List A after the above-mentioned
    deadlines, provided the quota of locally trained players is respected. Such
    registration must be completed by 24.00 CET on the day before the relevant
    first-leg match and the club's association must confirm in writing that the new
    player is eligible to play at domestic level at this time.

Opr

event wrote: »
    you're aware he's been at the club for 2 months?

Fully aware, something that those posting fawning media pieces would do well to remember.
    So despite the fact that NONE OF THEM have mentioned leaving the club you've decided to use them as a stick to.beat BR with? You've become a parody of yourself.

Well, Maxi has left the club. None of the rest have made a commitment to the club since he has arrived.

He started at 0 with me, he needs to achieve things before he holds any points. Until then, EVERYTHING is up for intense scrutiny. As it should be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Well, Maxi has left the club. None of the rest have made a commitment to the club since he has arrived.

He started at 0 with me, he needs to achieve things before he holds any points. Until then, EVERYTHING is up for intense scrutiny. As it should be.

Pepe hasn't committed, nor Gerrard, nor Johnson, Lucas. Should every player come out and say they want to stay to make you happy?

niallo27 wrote: »
    You have to give him a chance to earn them though, you dont seem to be giving him a chance. It will wreck your head if you trying to be proved right that he is not good enough but seeing liverpool struggle, a bit like the situation with Roy.

Believe me, I pray I'm proven dead wrong. The alternative fills me with dread.

Pepe hasn't committed, nor Gerrard, nor Johnson, Lucas. Should every player come out and say they want to stay to make you happy?

They are all on longer term contracts and / or have not been linked with moves away. Come on now, focus - you don't need every little thing explained.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

Believe me, I pray I'm proven dead wrong.

lol. I doubt many believe you Lloyd. I certainly don't anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

joe123 wrote: »

Can we avoid posts like this please. I understand that there's a differing of opinion in here, I myself fall firmly on one side of it, but we can discuss peacefully, for the sake of everyone, please?

Everyone, take this as a warning.

CL7 wrote: »

Meh, believe what you like. I've been here years - it should be clear from my posting record where my priorities lie.

I would of said it was quite obvious Llyod wants the best for the club.

Knex. wrote: »
    Surreal stuff this.

It's fairly savage alright, wasn't expecting anything like that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

It seems to me (and concerns me) that Rodgers is trying to build up the funds to purchase his signings.
    Its like everything was on hold til he got back and now we are seeing lots of activity since they landed- that's madness !

That only leaves one choice and that's panic sell and panic buy, cause in all fairness there is feck all time left and we are pretty short, and will be even shorter when the players on the market are shifted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,504 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

Meh, believe what you like. I've been here years - it should be clear from my posting record where my priorities lie.

Annoying everyone with your constant pessimism?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

ASOT wrote: »

What a choice of words. It reads like the person is now dead, unless it was an actual mole, in which case it should have been kept as ones that can leak transfer stories don't come around too often, if ever.

Anfield Mole twitter account to be set up soon anyways.

Leiva wrote: »
    It seems to me (and concerns me) that Rodgers is trying to build up the funds to purchase his signings.
    Its like everything was on hold til he got back and now we are seeing lots of activity since they landed- that's madness !

That only leaves one choice and that's panic sell and panic buy, cause in all fairness there is feck all time left and we are pretty short, and will be even shorter when the players on the market are shifted.

Just in case anyone didn't read it, or can't read the link that ASOT posted, it states that Liverpool spread the Aquilani and Carroll rumours in order to flush out a mole.

Personally, I have no idea what to make of that. But considering how tight lipped the club were in the past over transfers I could believe it.

• Advertisement

Annoying everyone with your constant pessimism?

Sure bro, I've been consistently pessimistic for six and a bit years. That is totally my posting record. Good job, good effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Made up on RAWK I think. Fairly clear that its a bullshít story.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=295997.0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

I've been a lurker here for a good few years and have read many of your posts. Can't think of many I disagreed with. You've seem to have lost all sense of objectivity since Kenny's sacking though imo.

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Made up on RAWK I think. Fairly clear that its a bullshít story.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=295997.0

Ah ya never know, would be unreal if true. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

No more news stories for Duncan Jenkins.

How reliable is that source?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

I'm probably one of the biggest optimists for Rodgers' regieme in here (though obviously not Pool fan), and indeed I'm writing a long post on why I think the protracted Carroll deal would be a good move for Liverpool (though ASOT's link kinda throws that up in the air).

Although I think he is misguided in his opinions on the matter, he has every right to hold his opinion, and his posts clearly show he cares hugely about the club, do they not?

How reliable is that source?

Haven't a clue but it's interesting all the same!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Ah ya never know, would be unreal if true. :pac:

that mole stuff is garbage, do you think the likes of the bbc would use a source who was some shady unofficial corporate guy in a dark suit in the corner of a car park giving out info that the club didn't want released - jaysus the transfer garbage is bad enough but now we have garbage about transfer garbage, we are becoming the inception of the transfer window

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

All this hunting the mole craic must be to create an exciting story line for our documentary.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement