Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

So yeah, I had a nap, and missed all this shit!

I'm becoming increasingly worried over this summer's events. There's a distinct whiff of selling (or slimming down the wage bill) before we're able to buy. I hope I'm just being paranoid, but the owners really need to put their money where their mouth is. It's all well and good making great commercial deals off the pitch, but the squad needs real quality to be added or we won't have a hope of CL football.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

CL7 wrote: »
    tumblr_lys8xzUIyS1qzhglpo1_500.gif
    tumblr_lys8xzUIyS1qzhglpo2_500.gif

Kevin Spacey looks like a thin James Gandolfini in the second shot!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

newcastle received 35 million for the guy yet are trying to get him for around 12-13 million after a year on loan during which we subsidise most of their wages

they know we are desperate to sell, that's why they made such an insulting offer

if carroll drags his heels and says newcastle or nowhere then newcastle know they have us by the balls

they'll probably negotiate as the window gets closer and offer to pay around half his wages and a fee of 14 million at the end of the season if he does well for them (although knowing ashley he probably won't even go that far)

if it's a choice between letting newcastle take us to the cleaners or try to get andy to adapt to rodger's game or use him as an alternative off the bench, then it's the latter for me

at this stage, the absolute cheek shown by ashley and pardew means it is anyone but newcastle for me in terms of selling carroll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Surprising that theres no Suso, Bellamy or Ecclestone in the squad for Europa.......or maybe not, i dont know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Turtyturd wrote: »
    A mole in the club....we need this man on the case.

tumblr_m66mol51I91r1rt2do5_500.jpg

elmer-fudd.jpg

This is probably who we will get though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,072 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

How long is this EL squad applicable for though?

Perhaps it's just for this first qualifying round rather than the whole pre-christmas phase?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    How long is this EL squad applicable for though?

Perhaps it's just for this first qualifying round rather than the whole pre-christmas phase?

Still doesn't make sense to leave those guys out when you look at the rest of the young players included.

for Suso, it suggests either 1) a loan, 2) move away, 3) he is being punished

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Cant wait for football to start.....cabin fever in this place!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Seriously I will cry if he leaves....especially to City. Would rather lose Skrtel.

Sky Sports understands Liverpool have rejected two offers from Manchester City for defender Daniel Agger.

City have targeted a move for Agger as they look to bolster their defensive options ahead of the new season.

City boss Roberto Mancini has admitted a new central defender is one of his top priorities with the Italian short of cover in central defence.

Kolo Toure is expected to leave the Etihad Stadium leaving just Vincent Kompany, Joleon Lescott and Stefan Savic as his only three recognised centre-backs.

Agger, who joined Liverpool from Brondby in 2006, has established himself as a key member of the Reds side since arriving on Merseyside.

The 27-year-old has two years to run on his current deal and although Reds boss Brendan Rodgers would be reluctant to lose the Denmark international he could find it hard to resist a big-money offer for Agger which he could then use to strengthen his squad elsewhere

City are thought to have had offers of £13million and £16million rejected by Liverpool, but they could come back with a third bid as they look to make their first signing of the summer.

Spanish giants Barcelona are also thought to be tracking Agger and they could rival City for the classy centre-back's signature.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Anyone think Suso is gonna get himself a holiday soon? Did he have a break before joining up with the Spanish team for his euros?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Thank fück we now have some proper communications coming from the club;
    @JenChang88: RE: the Europa League squad posted on UEFA: http://t.co/Z2wHseNY - this squad list is solely for the first leg against FC Gomel
    @JenChang88: All the youth team players on the LFC 'B' list are also eligible to play in the Europa League so aren't required to be on the list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

i really hope Uruguay go out of Olympics against GB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

MD1990 wrote: »
    i really hope Uruguay go out of Olympics against GB

when is this game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

redzerdrog wrote: »
    when is this game?
    Wednesday at 7.45

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Are we on channel 5 on Thursday? No setanta here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

Melion wrote: »
    Are we on channel 5 on Thursday? No setanta here

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,281 ✭✭✭slingerz

ive been looking at the liverpool squad on fantasy premier league and it just brings home how poor it is in comparison to the other top 6 sides

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Agger's one of the few modern football players I'm familiar with who I'd take at his word:

"I think it's unacceptable to play for one of Liverpool's rivals. For a Dane it is about having respect for the club you play at."

"I am proud to pull on my Liverpool jersey and will never go to another club in England."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/8317904/Daniel-Agger-Fernando-Torres-transfer-to-Chelsea-from-Liverpool-unacceptable.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

SM01 wrote: »
    Agger's one of the few players I would take at his word:

"I think it's unacceptable to play for one of Liverpool's rivals. For a Dane it is about having respect for the club you play at."

"I am proud to pull on my Liverpool jersey and will never go to another club in England."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/8317904/Daniel-Agger-Fernando-Torres-transfer-to-Chelsea-from-Liverpool-unacceptable.html

Not worth anything IMO. Big-money move to City with all they have to play for would be a no-brainer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭RayCon

Agger's one of the few modern football players I'm familiar with who I'd take at his word:

I'm sure an extra £20K - £30K a week would make it very acceptable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Craig Bellamy has spoken of his admiration for Luis Suarez and declared him 'a special player.'

The pair meet in Cardiff on Wednesday night when Team GB take on Uruguay in the Olympic Games, and the Welsh international is well aware of the threat Liverpool's No.7 poses to his team's chances.

Team GB need just a draw to ensure qualification for the quarter-finals.

"Luis is such a good player," said Bellamy. "The one thing about him is he can create something out of nothing.

"You may think he is going down a dead end and there is no way he can come out of it but he will chop it past someone or put it through someone's legs and that makes him so dangerous.

"He is a wholehearted player, he will chase balls down and run and I have been fortunate to train with him day in, day out, but also even more fortunate to play with the boy as well. He is a special talent."

Author: @Shunter77

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Stack money in front of agger till he says when for his new contract, easily our best player along with suarez. Just look at what Johnson is on, we can afford a big wage for him after the departures so far. His comments so far have been great so wouldent worry a ton about it if we're sorting out new contracts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Anyone think Suso is gonna get himself a holiday soon? Did he have a break before joining up with the Spanish team for his euros?

Good point actually!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

gafferino wrote: »
    Seriously I will cry if he leaves....especially to City. Would rather lose Skrtel.

Sky Sports understands Liverpool have rejected two offers from Manchester City for defender Daniel Agger.

City have targeted a move for Agger as they look to bolster their defensive options ahead of the new season.

City boss Roberto Mancini has admitted a new central defender is one of his top priorities with the Italian short of cover in central defence.

Kolo Toure is expected to leave the Etihad Stadium leaving just Vincent Kompany, Joleon Lescott and Stefan Savic as his only three recognised centre-backs.

Agger, who joined Liverpool from Brondby in 2006, has established himself as a key member of the Reds side since arriving on Merseyside.

The 27-year-old has two years to run on his current deal and although Reds boss Brendan Rodgers would be reluctant to lose the Denmark international he could find it hard to resist a big-money offer for Agger which he could then use to strengthen his squad elsewhere

City are thought to have had offers of £13million and £16million rejected by Liverpool, but they could come back with a third bid as they look to make their first signing of the summer.

Spanish giants Barcelona are also thought to be tracking Agger and they could rival City for the classy centre-back's signature.

Would rather he stays because he is one of our best players but.......

He is a little bit injury prone (although hopefully stays injury free if he stays) and 16m is a lot for a centre back

Could the 16m be better spent on a new striker if Rodgers has confidence that we can promote someone else into Aggers spot on the team (e.g. Coates or Kelly get the nod and one or two of the youngsters get promoted to the bench?)

On balance I'd prefer him to stay but just saying it wouldn't be the end of the world if he went

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm all for Coates getting his chance but to fill the boots of Agger would be a major step up, one that is too big imo.

Agger is one of the best defenders in the league and would be more highly thought of if it wasn't for his injury record.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    So far we've downgraded our management team and playing staff, so I see no reason to think we can do better than last season.

I will keep my opinion open on Rodgers untill we actually get in the thick of things. WE all know you are infactated with Kenny and any manager par Pepe or Murinho (even then I would not know) you be playing the downgraded card.

I hope you are wrong i really do and not just so Liverpool will be playing will but to see how you will try to back pedal from your remarks this summer

I will keep my opinion open on Rodgers untill we actually get in the thick of things. WE all know you are infactated with Kenny and any manager par Pepe or Murinho (even then I would not know) you be playing the downgraded card.

I hope you are wrong i really do and not just so Liverpool will be playing will but to see how you will try to back pedal from your remarks this summer

jeez there is some about of rubbish in that post

So you'd be happy with TWO.CUP.FINALS and finishing 17th?

He has been asked that numerous times and still has not answered so do not hold your breath

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Said something similar last night. The guy is very blunt in terms of saying what he means, and is one of those rare people for whom their word is an actual point of honour.

He is far from being a stereotypical footballer, and would have a lot of faith in the guy sticking to his word. I think he would need to be pushed out rather than getting tempted out.

redzerdrog wrote: »
    jeez there is some about of rubbish in that post

Such as. Would you care to elaborate or are you just posting for kicks

• Advertisement

In fairness to Llyod, he, like myself, came on here and named the managers he would be happy to see come in just after Kenny was sacked.

Pretty sure that he had a few in common with me, with Pep and Jose not being on the realistic choices list.

I had the likes of Van Gaal, AVB, Deschamps, and Benitez. Would be confident that Llyod had the the pair bookending that quartet and possibly one of the remaining two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Kess73 wrote: »
    Said something similar last night. The guy is very blunt in terms of saying what he means, and is one of those rare people for whom their word is an actual point of honour.

He is far from being a stereotypical footballer, and would have a lot of faith in the guy sticking to his word. I think he would need to be pushed out rather than getting tempted out.

He has a couple of restaurants around Liverpool as well doesnt he?

Mind you, that's not necessarily a reason that he would stay in Liverpool...

Is it just me or is anyone else wishing the season would start all ready. AH it's probably just me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,281 ✭✭✭Glico Man

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Is it just me or is anyone else wishing the season would start all ready. AH it's probably just me.

As much as I'm missing the sound and bounce of Anfield, I'd much prefer to have 3/4 more signings before we start the season :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

OwaynOTT wrote: »

I would say you are in the majority there.

In two weeks I'm off to the south of Italy for my holidays and will be avoiding any and all football gossip.

I'm sure I'll feel better for it as well.

Such as. Would you care to elaborate or are you just posting for kicks

well Lloyd is more than capable of sticking up for himself so I am reluctant to do so but seen as you asked.

Firstly wtf do you mean he is infactated with kenny? iirc Lloyd like myself did not want kenny sacked but could understand it as long as a superior manager was brought in and we are not talking unrealistic rubbish that you have spouted above pepe?? i presume you mean pep? and mourinho. No there was a whole host of other option including the likes of LVG and Rafa.

I am sure nobody hopes LLoyd his wrong more than himself and one thing is he will certainly not back peddle over them, more likely to hold his hands up and happily say he was wrong.

So yes pretty much everything you wrote above was rubbish!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

tok9 wrote: »
    I'm all for Coates getting his chance but to fill the boots of Agger would be a major step up, one that is too big imo.

Agger is one of the best defenders in the league and would be more highly thought of if it wasn't for his injury record.

If it wasn't for the injury record he'd be unsellable. A fantastic footballer, great defender, dangerous from set pieces, and a good leader too.

Ultimately it is up to the manager to decide, but if he has faith in the youngsters, he may be tempted to cash in

Kess73 wrote: »
    In fairness to Llyod, he, like myself, came on here and named the managers he would be happy to see come in just after Kenny was sacked.

Pretty sure that he had a few in common with me, with Pep and Jose not being on the realistic choices list.

I had the likes of Van Gaal, AVB, Deschamps, and Benitez. Would be confident that Llyod had the the pair bookending that quartet and possibly one of the remaining two.

I am quiet excited with Rodgers after last year and would not talk about him in the same vile as LL does and say he is dross

I am quiet excited with Rodgers after last year and would not talk about him in the same vile as LL does and say he is dross

what in particular makes you "quiet excited" with Rodgers?

• Advertisement

He has a couple of restaurants around Liverpool as well doesnt he?

Mind you, that's not necessarily a reason that he would stay in Liverpool...

He sold some of his Liverpool properties some time back. His main business properties are back in Denmark. The Liverpool ones were, imho, him getting to understand the eaterie trade a bit better and while other footballers would be getting seen at clubs and what not during their free time, Agger would be working in one of his local businesses.

He is quite settled in the area and very comfortable just strolling about the city and chatting with people he has gotten to know. My own guess is that we will see him as a Red until he is around the 30 to 31 mark, if the club does not push him out, then he will finish out his career in Denmark and be done with football after that.

Oh I disagree with some of what has been said about Rodgers by Llyod and others, and am actually optimistic about the guy despite him being nowhere near my own wishlist of managers.

The point of my earlier reply to you was to say that Llyod did put his own wishlist of managers out there in late May, and imho his list was quite a realistic one.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

PRAF wrote: »
    If it wasn't for the injury record he'd be unsellable. A fantastic footballer, great defender, dangerous from set pieces, and a good leader too.

Ultimately it is up to the manager to decide, but if he has faith in the youngsters, he may be tempted to cash in

If it weren't for his injury record he'd be already playing for a Barca, Milan, Juve, Bayern or Real Madrid at this stage to be fair.

-Ade- wrote: »
    If it weren't for his injury record he'd be already playing for Barca, Milan, Juve, Bayern or Real Madrid at this stage to be fair.

Injury records have not stopped those clubs going after and buying players in the past. Some players are just very comfortable in an english speaking country and with the British climate.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Liverpool sign 13-year old centre-back Conor Masterson from Lucan United. He'll join the Academy when he's 16.

The deal for Masterson is worth €1m. United, City & Chelsea were keen but he chose Liverpool because he's a Liverpool fan.

Missing piece to the jigsaw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

PRAF wrote: »

If our manager "decides" that we're better off without Danny Agger, we're in ****ing serious serious trouble.

I don't think Rodgers is an idiot, so I'd envisage we'll be doing everything possible to keep Agger.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

Mr Alan wrote: »
    If our manager "decides" that we're better off without Danny Agger, we're in ****ing serious serious trouble.

I don't think Rodgers is an idiot, so I'd envisage we'll be doing everything possible to keep Agger.

+1

If the club decided to cash in on Agger I'd be seriously worried about the direction we were going in. I don't think they will though.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    As much as I'm missing the sound and bounce of Anfield, I'd much prefer to have 3/4 more signings before we start the season :/

Totally agree with you there, it's just that every rumor is blown out of control and the whole mole thing yesterday was a farce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Maybe he'd like to have a CB who can play more than 66% of our league games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Maybe he'd like to have a CB who can play more than 66% of our league games?

Look, I get it, regardless of what happens this summer you'll give Rodgers the benefit of the doubt. You don't need to keep trying to justify the possibility of us selling everyone. I get it.

It's really simple for me.

Agger = really good
    Liverpool = really average
    Mission = to become really good
    Required = more really good players
    Not required = selling existing really good players

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Look, I get it, regardless of what happens this summer you'll give Rodgers the benefit of the doubt. You don't need to keep trying to justify the possibility of us selling everyone. I get it.

It's really simple for me.

Agger = really good
    Liverpool = really average
    Mission = to become really good
    Required = more really good players
    Not required = selling existing really good players

OR ..

Lets play a style of football similar to the most successful modern day team.

What do we need for that ............... similar type players .

What do we do ............sell our player to the same team we want to mimic.

niiiiiiice .

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement