Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,074 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Melion wrote: »
    I don't know but I'd hazard a guess at 20+

14 starts in 12 years as a pro (or 8 years since his first appearance).
    7 in friendlies, 7 in competitive games.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/21187/stewart-downing?cc=5901

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    14 starts in 12 years as a pro (or 8 years since his first appearance).
    7 in friendlies, 7 in competitive games.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/21187/stewart-downing?cc=5901

8 years? He made his debut in 2005

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

http://www.crunchsports.com/category/Soccer/Liverpool-FC-want-Manuel-Fernandes-in-7million-deal-201207310041/

Liverpool are reportedly interested in signing Besiktas midfielder Manuel Fernandes

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭leposean

Liverpool aren't in a terrible situation but are stil way behind in what you would call your 18 squad.

Liverpool
    25.Reina
    2.Johnson 5.Agger, 37.Skrtel 3.Enrique
    8.Gerrard, 21.Lucas, 26.Adam(if I had my way this would be Aquilani n give him a chance
    29.Borini 7.Suarez 10.Cole

1.Jones, 23.Carragher, 38.Flanaghan, 19.Downing, 14.Henderson, 39.Bellamy, 9.Carroll.

Buy in a Veloso, a Defoe, a(cough) Joe Allen and it does improve things slighty

Look at Chelsea
    1.Cech
    2.Ivanovic (probably Azpecilcueta) 4.Luiz, 26.Terry, 3.Cole
    5.Essien, 10.Mata, 8.Lampard
    21.Marin, 9.Torres, 17.Hazard

40.Hilario, 24.Cahill, 7.Ramires, 6.Romeu, 23.Sturridge, 11.Oscar, 18.Lukaku

Tottenham
    1.Friedel(or Lloris)
    28.Walker, 5.Vertongen, 20.Dawson 32.BAE
    22.Sigurdsson, 8.PArker, 6.Huddlestone, 9.Bale
    11.VDV 10.Adebayeor

23.Cudicini, 13.Gallas, 4.Kaboul, 7.Lennon, 30.Sandro, 18.Defoe, 29.Livermore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

http://www.crunchsports.com/category/Soccer/Liverpool-FC-want-Manuel-Fernandes-in-7million-deal-201207310041/

Liverpool are reportedly interested in signing Besiktas midfielder Manuel Fernandes

Didn't he play for Everton before? Think it was on loan from Valencia.

Had high hopes for him before but we can, and should, be looking at better players I would hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

daithijjj wrote: »
    In about 18 months more and more people will realise that these owner's don't have a notion about football and how it works, on the pitch. (not that this is unique).

And in about 3 years people will be begging for what Dalglish achieved this year in the cups.

Financial fair play wont mean diddly squat and there will be fresh calls and increased popularity for a breakaway league.

At that point in football's evolutionary tale, as a fan of the sport, my extinction will become imminent.

Goodnight now, sleep well.

More extremism.Everything may not be sunshine & lollypops at the moment but at least wait until the end of the transfer window or even the end of the season before you go all Jihadi on us.The owners have finally gotten who they want in charge now lets wait & see how this pans out before casting judgement on them.

Lol, just lol. Especially enjoyed the comment "He was better at 16".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Knex. wrote: »

I am actually sick of fans knocking young hendo , I think he is a very talented footballer and we will see him shine under Rodgers . Once he finds his role he will have everybody eating their own words like Lucas has .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,074 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Melion wrote: »
    8 years? He made his debut in 2005

Apologies - 7 years and 6 months ago.

I am actually sick of fans knocking young hendo , I think he is a very talented footballer and we will see him shine under Rodgers . Once he finds his role he will have everybody eating their own words like Lucas has .

You will find nothing but positive posts from me about Henderson in this thread. I think he has quite the future. Now, when I saw positive I mean that I have always been optimistic about his potential and future at Liverpool.
    Not worth the money we paid, yes, but I'm happy to have him nonetheless.

Lighten up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

Knex. wrote: »

that video looks like something made by a load of comics.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

AzMSk6dCQAEnuam.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Wow Arsenal expected to complete the signing of Cazorla and Sahin (loan with view to move) by the end of the week.

They have done some fantastic business this transfer window.

Arsene was slated for not spending but it looks like a great move now when he did say all along last season that there was no value whilst Comolli went around spending 100,s millions like 50 cent at a strip club :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

NukaCola wrote: »
    :pac: lol..........

I thought it was April 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

lads how do you post a GIF?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

BBC Wednesday Gossip Column report Spurs readying an outright bid for Carroll

Don't ya just love silly season.

If we're selling Carroll to anyone who finished ahead of us last season, the price should be £35m, and not a penny less. Especially if it's Newcastle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Lads, keep the faith on the transfer front. There are still lots of very good players out there (Belhanda, De Jong, Gaitan, etc.) and I am sure that Rodgers is going to deliver in bringing them to the club. For now, I think we are doing the right thing clearing out the squad of players who we all know are surplus to requirements.

gafferino wrote: »

tumblr_lpoxnaXgI81qd6048.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭NEDDURC

I see Sigurdson scored last night for Spurs again. I think that's two so far in pre-season. I think he would have been a very good addition for us this year and I'd say he will probably have a good season at Spurs.

NEDDURC wrote: »
    I see Sigurdson scored last night for Spurs again. I think that's two so far in pre-season. I think he would have been a very good addition for us this year and I'd say he will probably have a good season at Spurs.

No point in getting hung up on him. He made his decision and so did Liverpool. Time to move on.

tumblr_lfcj9oT1gJ1qbljveo1_500.gif

For you amiable!!

amiable wrote: »
    No point in getting hung up on him. He made his decision and so did Liverpool. Time to move on.

I know, I'm just pointing it out. It maybe wasn't the right time to play hard ball.

I wonder could there be some truth in the stories about Spurs looking at Carroll. They have almost no strikers at the moment. Defoe is the only one and it sounded like they were considering selling him. Obviously Adebayor is on their radar but it sounds like a very messy situation in terms of wages and pay offs. They've released Saha as far as I know so have no - one else really. They do have quiet a few attacking mid-fielders but need a striker.

Obviously if lfc sell Carroll then we will need at least one more striker probably two. I hope once the Olympics are over the Allen and Ramierez transfers happen but we haven't been linked with many strikers.

gafferino wrote: »
    bouncing_tits_01.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I know, I'm just pointing it out. It maybe wasn't the right time to play hard ball.

I wonder could there be some truth in the stories about Spurs looking at Carroll. They have almost no strikers at the moment. Defoe is the only one and it sounded like they were considering selling him. Obviously Adebayor is on their radar but it sounds like a very messy situation in terms of wages and pay offs. They've released Saha as far as I know so have no - one else really. They do have quiet a few attacking mid-fielders but need a striker.

Obviously if lfc sell Carroll then we will need at least one more striker probably two. I hope once the Olympics are over the Allen and Ramierez transfers happen but we haven't been linked with many strikers.

The wages with Adebayor was agreed...that part of the deal with Spurs was agreed upon He took a rather large cut. However, he did this assuming that City would pay for him to leave to a tune of 3 million or so which seems ridiculous.

I've not seen anyone reliable say that Liverpool are genuinely interested in Gaston Ramirez

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I've not seen anyone reliable say that Liverpool are genuinely interested in Gaston Ramirez

Has he been linked to any other club besides Liverpool do you know?

I'm not convinced myself on that one. His agent has said he's in England and in discussions with a club. I'm hoping it's lfc.

So far the only really concrete links have been to players the BR has worked with before - Borini, Allen and Sig.
    We have said we are interested in Dempsey but I'd say there could be a few clubs trying to sign him currently.

Blatter wrote: »
    Has he been linked to any other club besides Liverpool do you know?

Lots of links but nothing solid or reliable IMO.
    His agent seems intent on drumming up interest.
    I think his transfer will be complicated as he is either co owned with Penarol or they are entitled to 30% of his sell on fee.

Of the other clubs supposedly interested I've seen Bayern Munich, Man City and Spurs mentioned along with Juventus off the top of my head

Will be interesting to see how he gets on tonight against Team GB in a game they have to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Gaston Ramirez seems to be this year's Juan Mata. The reliable journalists are saying there's nothing there, everyone else seems to think we're highly interested.

I read something about Spurs interest the other day. If he's in the UK it could be to speak to them.

Have a mate whose Uruguayan and he thinks we would be mad to sign Ramirez. I dont know much about him to be honest but always got the impression in here he was quality.
    Just throwing it out there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Gaston Ramirez seems to be this year's Juan Mata. The reliable journalists are saying there's nothing there, everyone else seems to think we're highly interested.

I read something about Spurs interest the other day. If he's in the UK it could be to speak to them.

He's playing in the Olympics - he'll be playing tonight against GB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

mike65 wrote: »
    He's playing in the Olympics - he'll be playing tonight against GB.

Let the biddings begin!

Well... tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

He's looking the part in preseason thus far. Considering what he offers and what we lack, we should have moved mountains to get him. Depressing. :(

Sappy404 wrote: »
    If he's in the UK it could be to speak to them.

Great detective work Columbo ;)

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    He's looking the part in preseason thus far. Considering what he offers and what we lack, we should have moved mountains to get him. Depressing. :(

He looked the part last season too......i think we have to sell to buy this summer....which is dangerous if true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

bouncing_tits_01.gif

Some set of ba5tards on her!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

A few weeks ago Duncan Jenkins mentioned talks with ramierez are definately on atm. Nothing since, he's usually very reliable, apparently...

A few weeks ago Duncan Jenkins mentioned talks with ramierez are definately on atm. Nothing since, he's usually very reliable, apparently...

He's since admitted he got that wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,367 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

ha, Agger not on a par with Lescott.

genius.

NukaCola wrote: »
    He looked the part last season too......i think we have to sell to buy this summer....which is dangerous if true

City
    Utd
    Arsenal
    Spurs
    Chelsea
    Newcastle
    Everton
    Liverpool

Our first competitive game of the season is tomorrow night. Who have we made ground on so far this summer?

Arsenal and Chelsea have made big, bold strides forward; Utd and Spurs have made a couple of nice additions; City have stood pat with the best squad in the league; Newcastle and Everton haven't done a whole lot I guess.

A month to go in the transfer window mind so much can change, but we have a LOT of work to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

No consistency :confused:
    @OliverKayTimes: Breaking: FA fine Emmanuel Frimpong £6k for "Yid scum" tweet. No ban. Makes u wonder what Suarez would've got if he'd merely tweeted "negro"

Leiva wrote: »
    No consistency :confused:

Lesson, next time do it via twitter

Lads, can we spolier .gifs like dizzy American chick please? Some of us are skiving off work here...:rolleyes:

Sky saying Andy Carroll has not travelled with the Liverpool squad this morning to Belarus

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement