Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

He did himself no favours with that conspiracy against him and Liverpool stuff recently. I don't think he comes across well on the pitch or off it. He's still trying to create this siege mentality. I don't think he would of come across so badly had the whole t-shirt thing and staunch defence not occurred. Sure Ronaldo was booed across English grounds after the World Cup 2006. He played excellent the season after and everybody still booed him. He should just shut up and let his feet do the talking.

That was the club, in a awful attempt to form something that your teams manager has successfully created many times. (without that we may have lost him this year though). Hes just a pantomime villain (as Ronaldo was) now, i could argue some of what utds players have done is alot worse (Giggs, Rooney, Young (ok sort of funny;)), Keane, Cantona) but theres no point in getting into this.

Cant wait for the football to start tomorrow :) predicting a 0-0

Well done Allen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

We should buy that allen kid :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Really clever run and turn by Allen for that goal.

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

That's Joe Allen who is BRITISH and therefore rubbish no? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

opr wrote: »
    Really clever run and turn by Allen for that goal.

Opr

£10 Million for his turns alone?

Seriously though, he looks a good player. I'd like to see how himself and Lucas would do together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

£10 Million for his turns alone?

Seriously though, he looks a good player. I'd like to see how himself and Lucas would do together.

With his turns and Adams corners, we would be unstoppable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

I'd have Allen any day over Ramirez
    Suarez having a stinker of a tournament

I know Bellamy has his problems but watching him play tonight if we're going to pay him to leave we're mental.

Opr

Suarez playing basketball tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,076 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

"Still time, technically, for a big finish".

There's over 10 minutes left - of course there fucking is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

You clearly know fcuk all about football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Welcome back Luis, we still love you even if the rest of the world doesn't!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,076 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Ramirez with a great shot off the bar - tailor made!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Suarez is the only one who has tried for Uruguay in the tournament

Super-Rush wrote: »
    You clearly know fcuk all about football.

You clearly don't know me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Just about to post how unimpressed I was with Ramirez and he rattles the bar with a thunder of a strike.

Still though, every time Ive seen him play he's been pretty average.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,281 ✭✭✭Glico Man

joe123 wrote: »
    Just about to post how unimpressed I was with Ramirez and he rattles the bar with a thunder of a strike.

Still though, every time Ive seen him play I he's been pretty average.

Not nitpicking with you personally, but I've seen it said a few times. How often/many times have you seen him play?

Suarez is the only one who has tried for Uruguay in the tournament

That doesn't mean he was any good I'm delighted their out he needs a break and will hopefully get a couple of weeks off and will be back to terrorise west brom and I'll be at the game cheering him on hopefully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Still though, every time Ive seen him play he's been pretty average.
    Ha I'm complete opposite every time I've seen him play he's been class. Bologna/Inter last year springs to mind. The lad isn't a winger mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Not nitpicking with you personally, but I've seen it said a few times. How often/many times have you seen him play?

Ive said it a few times on this thread that before the olympics Ive only watched him only a couple of times. Add in the olympic games and its probably around 5/6/7 times. I dont know for sure.

Just going off that, nothing more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

Quite happy to see Uruguay go out tonight. Not only does it mean we can Luis and Seb back to proper pre-season with the club, but if we really are interested in Ramirez, it means that it can get done and sorted now. We need to wrap that up soon if it is happening, if not, then the club needs to move on and get an alternative in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

That doesn't mean he was any good I'm delighted their out he needs a break and will hopefully get a couple of weeks off and will be back to terrorise west brom and I'll be at the game cheering him on hopefully

I don't think he is getting any time off

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Ramirez with a great shot off the bar - tailor made!

What did you make of him overall? I have to say I'm quite glad the interest doesn't appear to be real on our part. He has a hell of a shot on him but I thought his overall game is somewhat lacking.

I forget who but one of the well respect football commentators said he felt he would find the pace of the premiership hard. I thought the same watching him that he was languid and ponderous in possession. He certainly is talented but close to £20m seems an awful lot for him.

Edit - Had that written before reading the previous posts.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,281 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Ive said it a few times on this thread that before the olympics Ive only watched him only a couple of times. Add in the olympic games and its probably around 5/6/7 times. I dont know for sure.

Just going off that, nothing more.

Fair enough, seems a reasonable amount of games. Although I wouldn't be one to judge from the olympic matches where, imo, he was one of Uruguay's stand out players (not difficult at all tbf).

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭jurahnimoh

Im kinda delighted that Uruguay are knocked out, time to get suarez back where he belongs an ready for next season, has anyone any idea if the match is bein shown on television tomorrow night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

jurahnimoh wrote: »
    Im kinda delighted that Uruguay are knocked out, time to get suarez back where he belongs an ready for next season, has anyone any idea if the match is bein shown on television tomorrow night?

setenta 1

In fairness it's hard to judge a uruguayian from the last week their attitude was poor Ramirez has some left foot on him

setenta 1

Thanks but any other stations other than setenta showing it? I refuse to pay a subscription to them :)

Still unsure about Coates as well he still not ready for a regular first team place

Thanks but any other stations other than setenta showing it? I refuse to pay a subscription to them :)

Premier Sports in the UK are showing it too

• Advertisement

Not that im aware, wish setanta ireland would get a few more games! Atleast when it gets into the proper competition more channels will be showing games.

Also, agger hasent been seen in any of the photos posted today of the team training! Que mass panic attacks..

Still unsure about Coates as well he still not ready for a regular first team place

He is still very young for a CB. The only way he will get better as a CB is by getting game time. A major ball was dropped last season in not playing him, particularly towards then end.

Not sure if it's been posted already but Rodolfo Borrell not happy with the attitude of the youngsters that came back from the USA tour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Hope Rodgers was watching that tonight and immediately shelves all plans to get rid of Bellamy. He was excellent and that was his third game in seven days. Can someone link to a reliable source that talks about his knees or whatever injury supposedly limits his gametime?

Dr Galen wrote: »
    He is still very young for a CB. The only way he will get better as a CB is by getting game time. A major ball was dropped last season in not playing him, particularly towards then end.

Rumours that Clarke and Kenny thought he wasn't good enough to make it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,508 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

So what happens if FC Gomlin
    beat us ,then what,

Is premier sports available on the sky package or shall i have to stream it? To think all those jokes I've been getting about channel five an now it looks like im gonna have to pay a subscription to watch it on tv ha

beat us ,then what,

Then we unleash suarez on them for the second leg :)

amiable wrote: »
    Rumours that Clarke and Kenny thought he wasn't good enough to make it

yeah that was floating around alright. I find that hard to believe though, not after spending 8 million odd on him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

beat us ,then what,

We win the Premier League. Our year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

amiable wrote: »
    Not sure if it's been posted already but Rodolfo Borrell not happy with the attitude of the youngsters that came back from the USA tour

Is there an interview around for this amiable by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Is premier sports available on the sky package or shall i have to stream it? To think all those jokes I've been getting about channel five an now it looks like im gonna have to pay a subscription to watch it on tv ha

No games will be on channel 5 during the comp so those jokes are old and stupid now

It was Tim Vickery I was trying to think of in relation to Ramirez. He was asked for his view on him when Spurs were linked a while back.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/hawksbee-and-jacobs/120607/vickery-why-ramirez-would-not-be-good-signing-spurs-173873

Opr

Knex. wrote: »
    Is there an interview around for this amiable by any chance?

I think it was Duncan Jenkins on twitter who said it. I know it's not gospel but very little is :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78373069&postcount=4411

No games will be on channel 5 during the comp so those jokes are old and stupid now

I think ITV have the rights this year? So probably on ITV4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

opr wrote: »
    What did you make of him overall? I have to say I'm quite glad the interest doesn't appear to be real on our part. He has a hell of a shot on him but I thought his overall game is somewhat lacking.

I forget who but one of the well respect football commentators said he felt he would find the pace of the premiership hard. I thought the same watching him that he was languid and ponderous in possession. He certainly is talented but close to £20m seems an awful lot for him.

Edit - Had that written before reading the previous posts.

Opr

To be fair to Ramirez, if you were basing how good players are on their performance at the olympics you wouldn't let Cavani or Suarez play with Uruguay under 12s.

Apparently Agger is injured according to Tony Barrett

Gbear wrote: »
    To be fair to Ramirez, if you were basing how good players are on their performance at the olympics you wouldn't let Cavani or Suarez play with Uruguay under 12s.

Ah I know that's why I was asking someone who has watched a good bit of him. This competition was my first time seeing him and haven't seen any of his games in Italy.

Opr

Reina surely must be due back very soon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Reina surely must be due back very soon?

He's had a hard summer, those bibs and drinks don't move themselves.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement