Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

And Amiable is my part time Ho ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Kess73 wrote: »
    And Amiable is my part time Ho ;)

Jump in. I love you :p

Kingdom wrote: »
    Isn't that what Des was talking about? Must have misunderstood him.

@ Kess, what do you do for a living that allows you to watch so much football. You're a demi-God to me! Have you a magazine or some literature which I could subscribe to?

Only a demi god? So I am a Thor rather than an Odin. A Heracles rather than a Zeus.

And yes I do get to watch a lot of footy either live, on tv, or on tape/dvd. :D Probably watch more than is healthy tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

CL7 wrote: »
    Giving a fellow player stick to put him off his game isn't quite the same as some useless fat fűck in the stand (who often can barely make it from his armchair to the ground) screaming abuse at players is it?

I am/was the useless fat fúck in the stand.

amiable wrote: »
    Jump in. I love you :p

Back on the streets you. You have money to earn for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Des wrote: »
    You are actually beating this drum then?

You want clubs punished if their fans boo a player of the club you support?

You need to get a tighter grip on reality, seriously, or actually attend a football match once in a while.

Did you come out with this guff when Beckham and his wife were being abused, I doubt it.

It's a fúcking stupid thing to suggest. Did you even think about what you were posting, or did you just post the bull for the laugh?

Punish clubs if their fans boo a player?

Fúck off please.

Haha, the absolute state of the way you go on with someone you disagree with. Fair play, Des.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Uhh, Suarez?

Oops!

Throw him in the RWF position so!
    Grayditch wrote: »
    Haha, the absolute state of the way you go on with someone you disagree with. Fair play, Des.

In fairness anyone suggesting that action should be taken for fans boo-ing deserves that kind of response.

Sad face.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Sad face.

If The King of The Thread says it, it must be true.

Cheers Alan, you posh bastard you.

If The King of The Thread says it, it must be true.

Cheers Alan, you posh bastard you.

Says the queen of the thread ;)

• Advertisement

amiable wrote: »
    Says the queen of the thread ;)

BOOM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Alan as King & Des as Queen .

Fúck that I'm outta here ...

jumping_out_the_window-580-1.gif

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

I am/was the useless fat fúck in the stand.

oh. I see. Well um, this is a bit awkward.

/looks the other way and walks away whistling.

I pray a win tonight, not least to lower some blood pressures here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Because if rumours are true we will also be forking out 12m+ for the privelage of finding out if he Allen is any better than henderson which is far from certain, all the while loaning out the one player who has any way impressed lately and should be getting plenty of game time this year

Allen is already better than Henderson. Anyone who has watched them knows that. Henderson has a very long way to go before he makes it as a CM. I'm sure Rodgers doesn't operate on such a basic level that he doesn't already know allen is better. Shelvey will only be getting game time when Gerrard is injured. The question will he develop quicker getting a full season with a premiership club or playing potential non-premiership outfits in the Carling cup/FA cup and EL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Allen is already better than Henderson. Anyone who has watched them knows that. Henderson has a very long way to go before he makes it as a CM. I'm sure Rodgers doesn't operate on such a basic level that he doesn't already know allen is better. Shelvey will only be getting game time when Gerrard is injured. The question will he develop quicker getting a full season with a premiership club or playing potential non-premiership outfits in the Carling cup/FA cup and EL.

Allen is better defensively alright but if its a partner for Lucas we are looking for there is not a miilion miles in the difference between allen and henderson and guess what we dont need to fork out another 12m+ for henderson.

Who is to know how Shelvey will develope at Swansea, they have just signed michu how is coming off a great year in spain to play AM so id imagine Shelvey would be 2nd choice behind him. I think there is more gametime for him at liverpool considering the extra games in europe and the fact that gerrard will not be playing 40 games this year not matter how fit he is.

*I do think allen would be a decent signing but not for that money and the expense of Shelvey. The plus side to Allen is he is more equiped than any of our CM's to play in CM without Lucas but for the rumoured fee I think the money would be better spent else were.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

CL7 wrote: »
    oh. I see. Well um, this is a bit awkward.

/looks the other way and walks away whistling.

tumblr_lq1wfieqny1qf04yf.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

Anyone know the full squad for tonight? Any team predictions either?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

3 hours and 10 mins. Someone lucky start the match thread please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Leiva wrote: »
    Alan as King & Des as Queen .

Fúck that I'm outta here ...

jumping_out_the_window-580-1.gif

:pac:

Or even...

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

5starpool wrote: »
    3 hours and 10 mins. Someone lucky start the match thread please.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056717350

Am I lucky enough for you, punk?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Taken a small punt on Downing first scorer tonight at 12/1. Am I mad? Just think with liverpool heavy favourites to score first and Downing quite likely to start in the front 3, 12/1 seems nice enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

Rumours doing the rounds that City are on the verge of signing Ramirez. Good old Twitter

Wonder where he will sit on the bench:D

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

I haven't read your OP yet, but I can imagine it's something like:

"Liverpool in disarray are facing a team they should hammer, and if they don't win at least 4-0 then Rodgers is a charlatan who should immediately resign".

I haven't read your OP yet, but I can imagine it's something like:

"Liverpool in disarray are facing a team they should hammer, and if they don't win at least 4-0 then Rodgers is a charlatan who should immediately resign".

I'm not as cranky as you Dom, you got to remember that! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

Mr Alan wrote: »
    If we buy Allen it should be;

Johnson====Skrtel===Agger=====Enrique
    ================================
    ========Lucas========Allen========
    ==============Gerrard=============
    New player======Borini======New player

The two new players for the wide positions is quite unlikely which is why I think letting go of Bellamy who would be perfect for em, would be madness.

Not a bad first team there. However, it would need:
    - Another good season from Skrtl (should be possible)
    - Another injury free season from Agger (fingers crossed but I wouldn't bet my house on it)
    - Lucas returns to top form (hopefully / probably)
    - Allen to sign (?)
    - Gerrard to stay injury free (?)
    - Borini to become a 20 goal a season player (?)
    - Get more goals out of Suarez (?)
    - Sign another quality attacking player (?)

With good management and a bit of luck, that's a team that could challenge for 4th spot. I'm cautiously optimistic now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,698 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Morzadec wrote: »
    Taken a small punt on Downing first scorer tonight at 12/1. Am I mad? Just think with liverpool heavy favourites to score first and Downing quite likely to start in the front 3, 12/1 seems nice enough.

Seems very low for first goalscorer. It's Downing, that price is very low for anytime goalscorer, or even anytime assisster or the assister to a goal scored....

I'm not as cranky as you Dom, you got to remember that! ;)

You do a good impression of it in this thread at times. Must be the large blood pumping vessel that does it to you though.

Saying that though, I am exceptionally cranky at work lately. I feel like punching people in the face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Just like to set the record straight for the few who seems to know so much about how 30 managers who haven't fancied Dani :rolleyes:

Benitez had been slowly working him into the first team. Dani was still incredibly young at the time but Rafa clearly rated the kid. The summer Rafa left Dani went off and got player of the tournament in the U19 Euros. He came back to a new manager in Roy who played him in a youth cup game and went on to blame him for the defeat. He never got a look in after this under Roy.

Kenny sent him on loan during the back end of the season he took over. He actually did quite well at Norwich in the short time he spent at the club. Scored I think it was three goals in six appearances. Norwich at the time though were battling for promotion and Lambert naturally enough for the most part stuck with the guys who had got them to that point in season. Lambert praised the kid for his time with the club and I wouldn't be surprised if he tires to take him to Villa if we move him on.

The following season he was loaned out to Spain. I don't really know what went on with the loanception thing but he never went to Madrid, they loaned him from us and sent him straight to Rayo. The other funny thing was Malaga made an enquiry to buy Dani outright at the time and were told we were only willing to loan him. Anyway he went off to Rayo and had a torrid time with injuries which meant he hardly played any football. The coach at Rayo seemed like a tough guy and I hoped although he hardly played any football the experience would have made him hungry to work all the harder to succeed at Liverpool which seemed to be the case watching him in preseason.

For a young lad like him trying to break through into the first team it has been very tough having seen the manager who brought him to the club leave. Since then the club has had three more managers. Lots of clubs over the years have shown an interest in buying him. We even signed him to a long term deal only a few years back to ward off interest.

So through our messing around of never giving him a run in the first team, not setting up good loan deals or just not selling him it has meant the kid in probably three of his most important years of development as a footballer has hardly played any football.

He deserved better and I only hope this club gets its act together and starts putting proper plans in place for the kids coming through now.

Opr

Brendan's biggest challenge will be to stop the Carra Hoof
    It will take time to get used to the system for the players
    but i am optomistic for this season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

gaelicred wrote: »
    Rumours doing the rounds that City are on the verge of signing Ramirez. Good old Twitter

Wonder where he will sit on the bench:D

Between Agger and Rooney, probbaly.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

You do a good impression of it in this thread at times. Must be the large blood pumping vessel that does it to you though.

Saying that though, I am exceptionally cranky at work lately. I feel like punching people in the face.

Oh yeah, I know how that goes.

Brendan's biggest challenge will be to stop the Carra Hoof
    It will take time to get used to the system for the players
    but i am optomistic for this season

That's a long way from his biggest challenge imo

Any body know where Pepe is

Question for the regulars here: given that Henderson failed to impress last year as a CM , is there possibly a role for him at right back in the team. With his engine, decent footballing kills, and attitude I could see him doing a decent job in that position. Both Johnson and Kelly have been somewhat prone to injury and I'm not sure that Flanagan is good enough. Could Hendo be the answer?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Am I right in saying in the next few hours we will confirm that we have paid 5 million euros to get rid of aquilani in severance pay (and receive no transfer fee) and also pay 2 million quid to get rid of bellamy (no fee) - please tell we got some kind of compensation for these lads and the rumours aren't correct

jesus christ if this is true we must be off our rockers, paying to get rid of players that might actually offer something and keeping jokers like cole, carra, adam, downing etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Any body know where Pepe is

He only came back yesterday.

People involved in the EC final got until 1st August - Borini was eager to come in and work so he came early.
    PRAF wrote: »
    Not a bad first team there. However, it would need:
    - Another good season from Skrtl (should be possible)
    - Another injury free season from Agger (fingers crossed but I wouldn't bet my house on it)
    - Lucas returns to top form (hopefully / probably)
    - Allen to sign (?)
    - Gerrard to stay injury free (?)
    - Borini to become a 20 goal a season player (?)
    - Get more goals out of Suarez (?)
    - Sign another quality attacking player (?)

With good management and a bit of luck, that's a team that could challenge for 4th spot. I'm cautiously optimistic now :)

2 or 3 of those would be lucky - all of them would be a miracle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,512 ✭✭✭✭noodler

opr wrote: »
    Just like to set the record straight for the few who seems to know so much about how 30 managers who haven't fancied Dani :rolleyes:

Benitez had been slowly working him into the first team. Dani was still incredibly young at the time but Rafa clearly rated the kid.

How do you define "slowly working him into the first team"? And more importantly, how do you differentiate it from "got a few games in the Carling Cup".

Seems like an awful lof of presumption on your part.

opr wrote: »
    So through our messing around of never giving him a run in the first team, not setting up good loan deals or just not selling him it has meant the kid in probably three of his most important years of development as a footballer has hardly played any football.

He deserved better and I only hope this club gets its act together and starts putting proper plans in place for the kids coming through now.

Opr

And making excuses for him does not mean you are "setting the record straight".

Jesus, that was a speculative post with no real evidence at all that any of our managers thought he was seriously had faith he would make the first team.

Question for the regulars here: given that Henderson failed to impress last year as a CM , is there possibly a role for him at right back in the team. With his engine, decent footballing kills, and attitude I could see him doing a decent job in that position. Both Johnson and Kelly have been somewhat prone to injury and I'm not sure that Flanagan is good enough. Could Hendo be the answer?

Eh...

- Johnson / Kelly / Flanagan means Right Back is probably our strongest position right now from a depth chart perspective;
    - Hendo did okay in that position against Blackburn I guess but we A) don't need to move him there B) do need him to play in the center of the park;

So, um, yeah I mean no. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

noodler wrote: »
    How do you define "slowly working him into the first team"? And more importantly, how do you differentiate it from "got a few games in the Carling Cup".

Seems like an awful lof of presumption on your part.

I think Rafa had brought him on in a Champions league match, league game and played a couple of games in the Europa cup from memory. Clearly Rafa was doing this with a 17/18 year old because he didn't rate him.

Opr

• Advertisement

Eh...

- Johnson / Kelly / Flanagan means Right Back is probably our strongest position right now from a depth chart perspective;
    - Hendo did okay in that position against Blackburn I guess but we A) don't need to move him there B) do need him to play in the center of the park;

So, um, yeah I mean no. :confused:

Are you sure we don't need another option at RB? As I said, both Johnson and Kelly have missed a lot of games through injury in the past couple of seasons. Also with Carra almost ready for the scrap heap, we may need Kelly to cover CB as well. From what I've seen of Flanagan he is either not ready or not good enough. Tends to make rash tackles and doesn't offer enough going forward.

The flip side of it is that Hendo did not convince as a CM last year, is probably low on confidence, and having an extra position that he can cover might offer him an opportunity to get more game time and more confidence. I’m not saying he would be first choice, however, it could be a good option to have. Always like to see one or two utility players in the squad.

My next question was going to be ‘can Downing provide cover at LB’ but for fear of getting Suarez style abuse I won’t even ask it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Are you sure we don't need another option at RB? As I said, both Johnson and Kelly have missed a lot of games through injury in the past couple of seasons. Also with Carra almost ready for the scrap heap, we may need Kelly to cover CB as well. From what I've seen of Flanagan he is either not ready or not good enough. Tends to make rash tackles and doesn't offer enough going forward.

The flip side of it is that Hendo did not convince as a CM last year, is probably low on confidence, and having an extra position that he can cover might offer him an opportunity to get more game time and more confidence. I’m not saying he would be first choice, however, it could be a good option to have. Always like to see one or two utility players in the squad.

My next question was going to be ‘can Downing provide cover at LB’ but for fear of getting Suarez style abuse I won’t even ask it!!

McLoughlin looks a real prospect. In the mean time, Johnson/Kelly/Flannagan is grand.

I think Downing is actually a reasonable enough shout for LB. He's played there before hasn't he?
    I'm not suggesting we'd try it against city, but maybe if we're chasing a game or at home against the weaker sides he might be worth a punt.
    We're going to have to be creative to get anything out of this squad, especially with the likes of Cole and Downing hard to shift.

Gbear wrote: »
    McLoughlin looks a real prospect. In the mean time, Johnson/Kelly/Flannagan is grand.

I think Downing is actually a reasonable enough shout for LB. He's played there before hasn't he?
    I'm not suggesting we'd try it against city, but maybe if we're chasing a game or at home against the weaker sides he might be worth a punt.
    We're going to have to be creative to get anything out of this squad, especially with the likes of Cole and Downing hard to shift.

Glad at least one person doesn't think its mad! My theory is that with a 4-3-3 you need your full backs to be able to bomb on and provide real width. Downing would fufil that brief. I personally cannot see him playing in midfield or in attack much this season. Could provide good cover / competition for Enrique. Would also negate us having to play Johnson or Agger there in emergency situations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I would much prefer Johnson LB and Kelly right back than ever having to play Downing or Henderson there tbh.

And on top of that, if we're going chancing our arm with a player for LB, why not play Robinson over Downing? Personally, I think Robinson looks like he has all the attributes to be quite a good full back for the club.

The only scenario I wouldn't mind Downing at LB for, as you alluded to Gbear, is if we're chasing the game and Downing, having started, is brought back to LB with Enrique subbed for an attacker. United do this a bit with Valencia actually.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

@DanishFooty: Daniel Agger's agent tells Politiken that his client is "happy" at the club and hasn't made demands of transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,981 ✭✭✭doc_17

It would take a good deal of coaching to turn a bad midfielder (which he was last season) into a good right back. And given that he would only be needed if all 3 rights backs were injured at the same time I'd prefer to see that coaching time spent on improving him as a midfielder.

-Ade- wrote: »
    @DanishFooty: Daniel Agger's agent tells Politiken that his client is "happy" at the club and hasn't made demands of transfer.

He also says he's not injured and has no idea why he's not in the squad, is that right?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Oh dear... more quotes from his agent.

"No, Daniel isn't injured. I can't say why he is not in the squad. It's up to the manager and the club."

Also says that Liverpool have made no approach on a contract extension.

The ****!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Allen is better defensively alright but if its a partner for Lucas we are looking for there is not a miilion miles in the difference between allen and henderson and guess what we dont need to fork out another 12m+ for henderson.

Who is to know how Shelvey will develope at Swansea, they have just signed michu how is coming off a great year in spain to play AM so id imagine Shelvey would be 2nd choice behind him. I think there is more gametime for him at liverpool considering the extra games in europe and the fact that gerrard will not be playing 40 games this year not matter how fit he is.

*I do think allen would be a decent signing but not for that money and the expense of Shelvey. The plus side to Allen is he is more equiped than any of our CM's to play in CM without Lucas but for the rumoured fee I think the money would be better spent else were.

There's about a thousand miles in the difference. Allen is a far better centre mid than Henderson. He's better defesnsively and he's in the attacking sense. Henderson seems to lack in the attacking ability for a CM, doesn't seem to think on the required level tbh. It's not surprising though he's very rarely played as a CM.

It's impossible to tell if there is more game time. We might end up out of the Carling cup after 1 game, it's impossible to know how far we will go in that or the FA cup. If Swansea won't give him game time then we shouldn't consider loaning them. However Shelvey would be far better served going on loan.

It's not really at the expene of Shelvey though, even if it's a straight cash deal Shelvey needs to go on loan and Allen being in the team will just strengthen us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

-Ade- wrote: »
    Oh dear... more quotes from his agent.

"No, Daniel isn't injured. I can't say why he is not in the squad. It's up to the manager and the club."

Also says that Liverpool have made no approach on a contract extension.

The ****!

Is it Friday yet? I need a fucking drink.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement