Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Confirmed #LFC team v Gomel: Jones, Johnson, Enrique, Carragher, Skrtel, Henderson, Spearing, Gerrard, Downing, Cole, Borini.

#LFC subs: Gulacsi, Lucas, Adam, Shelvey, Kelly, Robinson, Sterling.

Carragher captain to night for his 700th appearance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

It makes zero sense that Agger isn't playing, let alone not travelling :(

Add in that the club hasn't been near him about a new deal, what the **** is going on?!

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

Not a bad squad from what we have to pick from hoping downing sets up a few and see how borini does:)

Mr Alan wrote: »
    It makes zero sense that Agger isn't playing, let alone not travelling :(

Add in that the club hasn't been near him about a new deal, what the **** is going on?!

Are they cashing in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Anyone know when Reina is due back? The last week or so has made me so negative towards our transfers that I'm almost fearing the worst.

Not liking the quote from Agger's agent about them not knowing why he hasn't traveled at all.

Joe Cole starting a competitive match for Liverpool again. Words fail me.

amiable wrote: »
    Are they cashing in?

Considering our defence has barely played 10 good games without him in the last few seasons it would be mental.

Are they cashing in?

They better ****ing not be

And no clowns here should be trying to justify it if they do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Are they cashing in?

All the pieces of the jigsaw seem to indicate we're looking to sell him!

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

They better ****ing not be

And no clowns here should be trying to justify it if they do
    opr wrote: »

Opr

Nah that would simply be suicide for fan relations .

• Advertisement

Opr

I always fucking hated jigsaws. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Agger should only be given a pay-as-you play deal. Signing up to a large contract for 4 years or so would be beyond stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Let's not panic yet. skrtel and carragher were always going to start, he is probably just being rested

I can't wait till the transfer window is closed. Hopefully, by then, we will have a squad that I'm happy moving into next season with.

It better include Agger.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Agger should only be given a pay-as-you play deal. Signing up to a large contract for 4 years or so would be beyond stupid.

No, that post is beyond stupid

Here we go.....

Danny Agger, being chased by PL Champions, is only worth a pay as you play contract at Liverpool. Please remove your head from your arse. He's our best defender by quite some considerable distance.

So other clubs are willing to pay around £20m for him along with a big contract. We're going to ask him to stay at Liverpool on a pay as you play contract? :P

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

I sure hope the reason Cole is being played is to put him more in the shop window.

Here we go.....

Danny Agger, being chased by PL Champions, is only worth a pay as you play contract at Liverpool. Please remove your head from your arse. He's our best defender by quite some considerable distance.

He seems tailor made for Barcelona too and I'm pretty certain they would be interested too if he were available for sale.
    I bet Jose would love to have him at Real Madrid

Such a shame our best defender can never play more than 3/4 of our PL matches. Handing €100k+ to a guy who's averaged 19 PL games a season for the last 6 years would be stupid, nearly better chance of Aqualani lasing a full season than Agger.

So other clubs are willing to pay around £20m for him along with a big contract. We're going to ask him to stay at Liverpool on a pay as you play contract? :P

Opr

Never heard £20m, I've heard £12m. The good thing about City is they have the resources to carry Agger and have 2 great defenders beyond for when he disappears for a least 1/4 of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Someone has jumped the gun a bit

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Agger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

It's a classic reverso. They aren't selling Agger but they give the fans the worry that they might so when they don't sell him we are relieved and think 'Well at least we didn't sell Agger'.

An amateur attempt to gloss over how **** our summer has been, thus far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭FernandoTorres

There's a lot of venom towards Cole on this thread. What if he starts playing well? I'm not saying he will but I can't remember anyone getting as much abuse for not doing too much wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Bloc Party!

Is this on television? apart from setanta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

G.K. wrote: »
    I sure hope the reason Cole is being played is to put him more in the shop window.

Any chance you could write a letter to Leeds Utd asking for them to sign him and his Messi like skills..

Such a shame our best defender can never play more than 3/4 of our PL matches. Handing €100k+ to a guy who's averaged 19 PL games a season for the last 6 years would be stupid, nearly better chance of Aqualani lasing a full season than Agger.

You've jumped the fence baby!

I'm kinda thinking you're taking the piss, but tis difficult to tell!

You've outdone yourself with this one.

Post of the year so far for me.

The worst thing for me is that we haven't offered him any kind of deal.
    There has been no approach from Liverpool's management on a contract extension," says Per Steffensen

So have we approached any of the squad in terms of extending contracts? We're a couple of weeks from the start of the season.

Opr

You've jumped the fence baby!

I'm kinda thinking you're taking the piss, but tis difficult to tell!

It's about being realistic with what our financial situation is an having the ability to account for that. Obviously some lads on here can't do that, which is a shame. Ideally I think it might be worth keeping him for two years and then letting him walk when he's nearly 30.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

I'm gonna make an outlandish prediction here and say Downing is going to have an excellent season for us. I mean he was pretty good one time right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

is this on any other channel apart from Setanta

The worst thing for me is that we haven't offered him any kind of deal.

So have we approached any of the squad in terms of extending contracts? We're a couple of weeks from the start of the season.

Opr

How long has he got on his contract?

Milkers wrote: »
    I'm gonna make an outlandish prediction here and say Downing is going to have an excellent season for us. I mean he was pretty good one time right?

He can't have a worse season tbf.

He was beyond poor last season. Maybe he will fit into Bucks style of play but I wouldn't be too hopeful.

How long has he got on his contract?

Till summer 2014. It's usually normal to extend key players contracts going into the last two years as letting contracts run into the final year means you get far below market value if they're sold. I think Skrtel is in the same position contract wise.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Whats an excellent season by his standards? He's the epitome of averageness and represents where we are as a club at the moment. 20m euros in the bin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Bloc Party!

I always liked downing..even so much so i got his name on the back of my jersey :o hope he does well this season

It's about being realistic with what our financial situation is an having the ability to account for that. Obviously some lads on here can't do that, which is a shame. Ideally I think it might be worth keeping him for two years and then letting him walk when he's nearly 30.

Honestly. Stop talking. It's embarrassing.

Whats an excellent season by his standards? He's the epitome of averageness and represents where we are as a club at the moment. 20m euros in the bin.

Think it was more than that. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Jones
    Johnson
    Carragher
    Skrtel
    Enrique
    Spearing
    Gerrard
    Henderson
    Cole
    Downing
    Borini

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,981 ✭✭✭doc_17

It's really disappointing to see Spearing starting. shows how bad our summer business has been so far. He is so limited.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

MD1990 wrote: »
    is this on any other channel apart from Setanta

also on channel 428

Honestly. Stop talking. It's embarrassing.

Lol from you. Time to start living in reality land Al.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Downing would have had a far better season if the gombeens trying to knock in his crosses could finish their dinner. Dont know what others expected but he created 55 chances last year, only 6 less than Suarez and way ahead of the others and he only ever averaged 3/4 goals a season before that.

Ye should be putting your angst elsewhere for money spent, Comolli went around like he had won the fkin euromillions.......a few times. Thats not the players fault. If some dope knocked on my door in the morning and asked me to play for LFC and wanted to spend stupid money on me i would go :pac: .......doesnt change what you get when you buy players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I tend to leave out an audible groan when I see Spearing in the starting line up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,981 ✭✭✭doc_17

Pay as you play for Agger? That's a bad idea

If reality is we need to sell one of our best players, who's not yet reached the peak of his career because our finances demand we can't give him a good contract, then we're absolutely completely & utterly ****ed.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

daithijjj wrote: »
    Downing would have had a far better season if the gombeens trying to knock in his crosses could finish their dinner. Dont know what others expected but he created 55 chances last year, only 6 less than Suarez and way ahead of the others and he only ever averaged 3/4 goals a season before that.

Ye should be putting your angst elsewhere for money spent, Comolli went around like he had won the fkin euromillions.......a few times. Thats not the players fault. If some dope knocked on my door in the morning and asked me to play for LFC and wanted to spend stupid money on me i would go :pac: .......doesnt change what you get when you buy players.

Very few of those were clear cut chances though, especially near the same amount of clear chances Suarez created.

You can prove anything with statistics Bill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

The commentator on Fox where im watching a stream said that he's heard a deal for Allen is all but done..... :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

There goes any chance to sell or loan Joe Cole :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

5starpool wrote: »
    Very few of those were clear cut chances though, especially near the same amount of clear chances Suarez created.

You can prove anything with statistics Bill.

Well a chance is a chance, if they were tap ins you could play CF yourself for us.

Seriously though, there were plenty of good chances created by him that were snatched at, or no player in the fecking box when its flying across the 6 yard box. Carroll hitting the bar v Swansea or Caroll missing open goal v bluenoses in the semi.

Theres a reason every one of us thinks we needed fox in the box last year.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement