Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

yes Sterling on for Cole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Lets see what Sterling can do now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,969 ✭✭✭✭banie01

F*cking Joe Cole!!!!
    Seriously, I never thought I'd see a player in a Liverpool shirt ever manage to reach Kewell's level of Apathy....
    Yet he's just exceeded it!
    Hopefully Sterling will have a good game in his stead, because he can't be any bloody worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Loads of time for Sterling to show himself now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Stevie has been muck so far. Hollywood Stevie for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

is Cole injured? Or just ****e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Who's captain?

just seen it's carra? did i miss something? isn't gerrard playing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Mr Alan wrote: »
    If reality is we need to sell one of our best players, who's not yet reached the peak of his career because our finances demand we can't give him a good contract, then we're absolutely completely & utterly ****ed.

No we are not. Are Spurs ****'d? Are Newcastle? Time to take your head out of the clouds Al. Levy would never hand a €100k contract to a sick note like Agger, they reportedly a wage cap of €60k. When you look at the dross in our squad who are on that or more it's depressing when you realise how much better spurs have done in the last few years compared to us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

dr ro wrote: »
    is Cole injured? Or just ****e

Both !!!
    stick-dan wrote: »
    Who's captain?

Jamie Carragher is because its his 700th appearance for the club tonight .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Fúck me this is depressing :(

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

There is a match thread ye know lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

No we are not. Are Spurs ****'d? Are Newcastle? Time to take your head out of the clouds Al, I know it will be difficult though. Levy would never hand a €100k contract to a sick note like Agger, they reportedly a wage cap of €60k. When you look at the dross in our squad who are on that or more it's depressing when you realise how much better spurs have done in the last few years compared to us.

Who says Agger would demand £100k a week?

I'd have no issue with us paying players who deserve it that amount (he does IMO) but I'd reckon he's on substantially less than £100k a week, probably half that. He deserves a good pay rise & we need to keep players of his quality. I know you're in a kind of, "i'm just happy Kenny's gone" mood & are willing to allow Rodgers do anything he wants, but you're being ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

"a sign of things to come for half number 2" - Commentator on Fox

How many halves can you have?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

wtf are they doing at the back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

There is a match thread you know (not that I'm wasting bandwidth on such crap)

• Advertisement

El Spearo wrote: »
    wtf are they doing at the back

It's not just at the back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,559 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

doc_17 wrote: »
    It's really disappointing to see Spearing starting. shows how bad our summer business has been so far. He is so limited.

This is a crazy comment. A low level Europa qualifier and you don't think Spearing is good enough?

Squad for this match is no reflection of transfer business or no reflection of what first team will be this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

murpho999 wrote: »
    This is a crazy comment. A low level Europa qualifier and you don't think Spearing is good enough?

Squad for this match is no reflection of transfer business or no reflection of what first team will be this season.

True but it doesn't address the fact the Spearing is not good enough .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Spearing isn't good enough but Downing is pathetic out there tonight. Enrique is playing his role, no wonder he was tearing into him few times

Who says Agger would demand £100k a week?

I'd have no issue with us paying players who deserve it that amount (he does IMO) but I'd reckon he's on substantially less than £100k a week, probably half that. He deserves a good pay rise & we need to keep players of his quality. I know you're in a kind of, "i'm just happy Kenny's gone" mood & are willing to allow Rodgers do anything he wants, but you're being ridiculous.

If he's a world class defender who has interest in City he'll get well paid. Maybe he'll give us a discount, wouldn't hold my breath though. Of course you don't have a problem with it, you don't seem to comprehend the problem with handing out that kind of money or the knock on effects it could have. Agger was given a contract 2009, I'd be shocked if it was for only £50k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

It boggles my mind how multiple Liverpool coaches and managers must have observed Spearing and said to themselves, "that chap should be playing in midfield for us." We used to have Alonso and Mascherano and now we have Jay Spearing.

So you think Liverpool should have a wage cap of what, £50k? £60k?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

If he's a world class defender who has interest in City he'll get well paid. Maybe he'll give us a discount, wouldn't hold my breath though. Of course you don't have a problem with it, you don't seem to comprehend the problem with handing out that kind of money or the knock on effects it could have. Agger was given a contract 2009, I'd be shocked if it was for only £50k. he should be paid accordingly

If he is a world class defender chased by the current Champions doesnt he deserve decent money?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

mike65 wrote: »
    There is a match thread you know (not that I'm wasting bandwidth on such crap)

So you think Liverpool should have a wage cap of what, £50k? £60k?

I think they have to be sensible with money. Handing out a large contract to a sick note is not being sensible with money.

I think they have to be sensible with money. Handing out a large contract to a sick note is not being sensible with money.

He's hardly Owen Hargreaves ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Even if he's our 3rd best player?

We will find it next to impossible to replace Agger with anywhere near the same quality at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Agger's agent : "Liverpool will have to answer to whether they have received any offers.''

amiable wrote: »
    Agger's agent : "Liverpool will have to answer to whether they have received any offers.''

:o

Who took that fücking corner :mad:

• Advertisement

naughtb4 wrote: »
    If he is a world class defender chased by the current Champions doesnt he deserve decent money?

It's not really about deserving it. It's about being smart with your resources. Spurs over the years have been very smart with theirs. If you weigh up the tranfser fee and wages over the next 4 years(£18m for arguments sake and £20m for wages) I'd expect to us to improve our squad far more than having Agger for 25 PL games a year.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Leiva wrote: »
    Who took that fücking corner :mad:

Someone in the other thread could have answered that.

5starpool wrote: »
    Someone in the other thread could have answered that.

Oops I thought I was in the mt

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

Who here had Downing down to score first.... jammy b.....d :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,698 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Morzadec wrote: »
    Taken a small punt on Downing first scorer tonight at 12/1. Am I mad? Just think with liverpool heavy favourites to score first and Downing quite likely to start in the front 3, 12/1 seems nice enough.

You Sir, are a genius. Inspired move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Morzadec wrote: »
    Taken a small punt on Downing first scorer tonight at 12/1. Am I mad? Just think with liverpool heavy favourites to score first and Downing quite likely to start in the front 3, 12/1 seems nice enough.

Fair ****s to you sir!

Forgetting about the shïte performance we couldn't possibly have a lucky manager, could we ? :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Leiva wrote: »
    Forgetting about the shïte performance we couldn't possibly have a lucky manager, could we ? :eek:

Nope Morzadec is our lucky charm now ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

It's not really about deserving it. It's about being smart with your resources. Spurs over the years have been very smart with theirs. If you weigh up the tranfser fee and wages over the next 4 years(£18m for arguments sake and £20m for wages) I'd expect to us to improve our squad far more than having Agger for 25 PL games a year.

Given our dealing in the transfer market?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Our Year!

Tika-Taka is unstoppable.

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Given our dealing in the transfer market?

I'd be shocked if Rodgers ends up being as incompetent as Hodgson or Kenny in the transfer market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Downing is pathetic out there tonight.

Pathetic like a fox! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,281 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Hail the man, the myth, the legend who is outscoring both Messi and Ronaldo this season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Kirby wrote: »
    Fowler87 wrote: »
    Downing is pathetic out there tonight.

Pathetic like a fox! :p
    Hope I'm made look like a fool few more times this season :P But along with most of them he had an awful meh game. Lets hope he pushes on now. Now or never

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Stewy D.

20772821.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

What a load of rubbish that was.

however it's worth remembering that Gerrard, Borini, Downing, Henderson, Johnson and Kelly all had 45 minutes or less of football under their belts.

Gerrard was the worst player on the pitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Historic win for the club lads :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,508 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Swansea conceded more than they scored last season,
    They might have played good football
    But at what cost,

I fear we might be very weak defensively playing 4-3-3

Tonight it seems was a poor display , I never saw it, But
    ''we were lucky'' is all i'm hearing ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Didi Hamann ‏@DietmarHamann
    Tough game but a win and a clean sheet has never been a bad thing all in all a decent start #winningisahabit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Efficient German attitude from The Kaiser.

When I read it in his voice it makes me laugh, Scouse-German has to be one of the funniest accents I've ever heard.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement