Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Knex. wrote: »
    Efficient German attitude from The Kaiser.

When I read it in his voice it makes me laugh, Scouse-German has to be one of the funniest accents I've ever heard.

Somewhere,kess is stirring...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

DrumSteve wrote: »

Kess has lived all over the place, probably has a mongrel accent at this stage :pac:

(sorry Kess)
    :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Efficient German attitude from The Kaiser.

When I read it in his voice it makes me laugh, Scouse-German has to be one of the funniest accents I've ever heard.

He's great on Twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

A win away, clean sheet, no injuries & good workout for a lot of 1st team players, no complaints from me!

The 2nd leg next week with some more training and fitness us fans should see an improved performance.

He's great on Twitter.

One of my favourite tweets of the year was when he called Owen and Barton a "pair of helmets" :pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Best tweet tonight beer.gif

In the house.. #wherewasyouwhendowningscored

God ^

no injuries

You guys really don't like Joe Cole eh? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

I see ESPN are showing the 2nd leg against Gomel

You guys really don't like Joe Cole eh? :pac:

As a person, yes. As a player, no.

Dead wood, bust docket, etc etc.. Move him on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

watching that clip I was expecting a "release the Kraken!" exclamation. So then Downing scores - this can only be portent of thing to come.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

delw wrote: »
    I see ESPN are showing the 2nd leg against Gomel
    that could be UK only not sure though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Does anyone know what B. Rodgers said after the match Re: Agger?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Damn was hoping it was ITV4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

As a person, yes. As a player, no.

Dead wood, bust docket, etc etc.. Move him on.

At this rate we would be lucky to get £2.50 and a Mars Bar from him .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Does anyone know what B. Rodgers said after the match Re: Agger?

@TonyBarretTimes Brendan Rodgers attempted to clear up the Daniel Agger situation after the game.
    "The plan was always for Daniel to stay behind. Everyone knows his history of injuries, he came back to pre-season after everyone else and is still not up to speed," he said.

"He is fit, but I have to make sure he is up to speed before he plays, because everyone knows his history with injuries."

Now everyone breathe :)

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

MD1990 wrote: »
    that could be UK only not sure though
    I would of thought it would be the same as what is shown here,well here's hoping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

delw wrote: »
    I would of thought it would be the same as what is shown here,well here's hoping

Programme description on Sky says its not available in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

opr wrote: »
    @TonyBarretTimes Brendan Rodgers attempted to clear up the Daniel Agger situation after the game.

Now everyone breathe :)

Opr

I'm still not sure to be honest.
    Why tell Tony Barrett the day before that he was injured?
    It seems this line came out after his agents comments.
    Seems to be left behind for similar reasons to Andy Carroll.
    I hope I'm wrong though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Kess has lived all over the place, probably has a mongrel accent at this stage :pac:

(sorry Kess)
    :p

24347427.jpg

• Advertisement

Liverpool struggle to get £3million for Aquilani and Juventus go and get nearly £6 million for Krasic and don't pay his wages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,077 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

amiable wrote: »
    Liverpool struggle to get £3million for Aquilani and Juventus go and get nearly £6 million for Krasic and don't pay his wages.

for 6 million, we should have been taking a punt there!

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    for 6 million, we should have been taking a punt there!

Rumour is Liverpool will be paying half Aquilani's wages while he's at Fiorentina

Given the time of year it is I was happy enough with that win.

We played alot better after we scored particularly when Lucas was on.

Sterling was lively at times but very wasteful. Very raw but the talent is there. A loan spell would work wonders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Sterling was lively at times but very wasteful. Very raw but the talent is there. A loan spell would work wonders.

I agree. I really don't think he's ready for any significant game time this season.

It wouldn't be long before the fans turned on him as he learns his trade of we're not doing well & I think long term it could damage his development.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Mr Alan wrote: »
    rarnes1 wrote: »

I agree. I really don't think he's ready for any significant game time this season.

It wouldn't be long before the fans turned on him as he learns his trade of we're not doing well & I think long term it could damage his development.

I'd disagree. I think he will get sporadic gametime this season, but that isnt a bad thing. He could potentially play a part in the 10 European games we might.have before Christmas as well as all domestic cup matches. He will also have quality reserve football with the next gen tournament. I would expect him to be a part of many a matchday squad in the league too.

Plenty of games for a 17 year old. He is too good to send on loan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

I think a loan til jan would make the most sense. If he performs well then we can integrate him for the 2nd half of the season. The thing is the lad has insane pace and we currently have none... in a perfect world loaning him out would be awesome but we're not living there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,077 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Indeed, I'd rather loan Sterling and use Pacheco. For right now, Pacheco is just more effective and less wasteful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

aaronh007 wrote: »

Hail the man, the myth, the legend who is outscoring both Messi and Ronaldo this season!

Feels like we got a new signing :D

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Indeed, I'd rather loan Sterling and use Pacheco. For right now, Pacheco is just more effective and less wasteful.

We're on the exact same page :cool:

I think I might have said earlier that Gerrard was the worst player on the pitch. What was I thinking? Jose Enrique is brainless.

• Advertisement

The thing about Sterling vs Pacheco is that Sterling has much more use as an impact sub, given his pace and dribbling ability. Attributes barely seen elsewhere in the squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Sterling and Suso need to go out on loan as soon as.

They are a level or two ahead of the rest of the underage and reserve players and have very little left to learn at that level. The best either of them can hope for at the moment is to warm the bench in the senior squad and perhaps get a CC game, but most teams play weakened teams in the CC anyway so they might as well stay in the reserves. Get them off to somewhere like Wigan or Villa where their abilities will be encouraged and they can show Rodgers if they can hack it at a higher level. If they're going to be left in the youth setup, then you might as well forget about them.

I think I might have said earlier that Gerrard was the worst player on the pitch. What was I thinking? Jose Enrique is brainless.

Gerrard was worse. Way worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Lads, you not want to maybe take it handy on criticing players on their performance tonight. Still extremely early days in the new season and a new manager trying to get the team playing a completely different type of football. The level of abuse against some of the players by so called fans is bordering on moronic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

aaronh007 wrote: »

Hail the man, the myth, the legend who is outscoring both Messi and Ronaldo this season!

Combined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,508 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Have we signed joe allen,
    Done deal?

I'd be happy to see Sterling go out on loan and Pacheco play his bit part. Far happier to see Sterling get a full season of games at a good level than play a bit part with us.

Talk that Suso won't have any first team involvement until he signs a new contract. I think the same demands were made of Pogba at United and he's now at Juventus. My worry with Suso is that a few clubs will have already made a commitment to sign him on a pre contract in six months so he just has to hold tight till then.

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Sterling and Suso need to go out on loan as soon as.

They are a level or two ahead of the rest of the underage and reserve players and have very little left to learn at that level. The best either of them can hope for at the moment is to warm the bench in the senior squad and perhaps get a CC game, but most teams play weakened teams in the CC anyway so they might as well stay in the reserves. Get them off to somewhere like Wigan or Villa where their abilities will be encouraged and they can show Rodgers if they can hack it at a higher level. If they're going to be left in the youth setup, then you might as well forget about them.

I don't think either of them would get regular game time at another premier league team. I'd rather see them play for a good Championship team who'd look to attack in most of their games.

I don't think either of them would get regular game time at another premier league team. I'd rather see them play for a good Championship team who'd look to attack in most of their games.

Send them to Gus Poyet at Brighton, be fantastic for them.

I haven't bothered with 'TheAnfieldWrap' over the summer but this weeks is worth a listen. It helps they're having a few drinks during the show.

Opr

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

opr wrote: »
    I'd be happy to see Sterling go out on loan and Pacheco play his bit part. Far happier to see Sterling get a full season of games at a good level than play a bit part with us.

Talk that Suso won't have any first team involvement until he signs a new contract. I think the same demands were made of Pogba at United and he's now at Juventus. My worry with Suso is that a few clubs will have already made a commitment to sign him on a pre contract in six months so he just has to hold tight till then.

Opr

Makes sense I guess. Hope he decides to stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

lfcgomel1.jpg

I do like a good pre-match group photo, like this one whatever about whos in it that id rather not see in it.

Start getting players in nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
    ow please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

lfcgomel1.jpg

I do like a good pre-match group photo, like this one whatever about whos in it that id rather not see in it.

ow please!

Enrique looks like he just farted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Have to say it was a very poor performance - more than anything we looked really sluggish, exhausted even at stages. We didn't deserve to win. There was a serious lack of cohesion on the ball in terms of passing, but also in terms of the pressing which we were expecting to be good under Rodgers.

Obviously early days and pre-season and a lot of players missing so we can't judge too much. Was good to get the win because there would have been a lot of negativity if we had drawn or lost, and rightly so. We certainly didn't deserve to win.

With the talk about Agger and the lack of signings I've very much turned over to the doom and gloomers. Have to remibd myself of Mike's post that it's all speculation and Kess's cat, but at the moment things are looking grim. If we were to lose Agger and not make at least 3 top signings we will be in big big trouble next year.

Positive part of the night was obviously Stewart's cracking strike which won me a few quid! Ironically enough I missed the goal. The 200m swimming medley was on and the I went over to have a look (seeing as the Liverpool match was such a poor spectacle) and turned round to see Downing getting a few pats on the back from other players! Would have been nice to see the goal going in live but I won't complain.

PM me for lotto numbers :pac:

Enrique looks like he just farted.

Joe cole has one of those derp faces :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Joe cole has one of those derp faces :pac:

He looks like someone just had an oul squeeze off his prostate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,559 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

lfcgomel1.jpg

ow please!

I don't understand why people are getting their knickers in a twist over who played tonight and saying that players need to be signed now.

Tonight's game was the equivalent of a pre-season friendly and window doesn't close till September so plenty of time for transfers which can be all wrapped up in a few days.

No doubt people will then start having mickey fits over who was bought, not sold, how much was paid and their wages whilst Johnny Unknown Foreigner was bought by Galatasaray for millions less and shows how bad LFC's transfer policy is and no one has a clue what they are doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,508 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

murpho999 wrote: »
    I don't understand why people are getting their knickers in a twist over who played tonight and saying that players need to be signed now.

Tonight's game was the equivalent of a pre-season friendly and window doesn't close till September so plenty of time for transfers which can be all wrapped up in a few days.

No doubt people will then start having mickey fits over who was bought, not sold, how much was paid and their wages whilst Johnny Unknown Foreigner was bought by Galatasaray for millions less and shows how bad LFC's transfer policy is and no one has a clue what they are doing.

Mickey Fits
    Never heard of him, Any good,

murpho999 wrote: »

Agree, wont be reading into any of our games till our first game of the season so we still have 2 games for fitness/practice. As regards the transfer window id rather we wait till the last day to finalise all our deals then have a repeat of last seasons over-spending, of course would be nice to see some come sooner then deadline day, god knows who we'll end up signing.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Mickey Fits
    Never heard of him, Any good,

Great prospect, fantastic potential. Bad attitude tho, seems like a stuck up ****.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement