Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

No club would pay Carragher what we do. Simple as.
    For the way he performed in the lead up and Istanbul itself.. do we really care?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Who was the last player we loaned in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Think the Carra hate is bit over the top.

I think it's funny how some of our fans would have no time for Carra, yet they would be have time for players like Aquilani.

New season needs to start as there is some amount of boll*x being posted in here.

Paul Jones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Anyone wrote: »
    What a crock of shít. You bitter,bitter person. For all his faults as he gets to the end of his career, Carragher has been a huge servant to Liverpool, both on and off the field.

Typical Irish begrudgery thats all your post is.

I never said he wasn't a huge servant. I would begrudge him nothing. I never mentioned his ability as a player. I never said he didn't deserve his money. Bitter? What exactly would I have to be bitter about? I'm not an underpaid footballer and have no problem with high paid ones. Your post just comes across as ridiculous nonsense.

If you want loyalty, look at a guy like LeTissier who could have cleaned up but chose to stay where he was, knowing he would never win anything and end up a poorer man.

Nobody would have offerred Carragher more than Liverpool either monetarily or emotionally therefore it's not loyalty to stay on 100 grand a week at a club where you are loved. It's common sense. He wasn't going to have it better anywhere else. It's not loyal to look after yourself.

That might hurt your feelings to hear, but that isn't my problem.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Only player off the top of my head is Anelka?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Mascherano

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Kirby wrote: »
    If you want loyalty, look at a guy like LeTissier who could have cleaned up but chose to stay where he was, knowing he would never win anything and end up a poorer man.

Le Tissier was simply lazy, and stayed at Southampton cause he knew they would always pay him and play him no matter how overweight or out of shape he became. Big fish in small pond.

I never said he wasn't a huge servant. I would begrudge him nothing. I never mentioned his ability as a player. I never said he didn't deserve his money. Bitter? What exactly would I have to be bitter about? I'm not an underpaid footballer and have no problem with high paid ones. Your post just comes across as ridiculous nonsense.

Nobody would have offerred Carragher more than Liverpool either monetarily or emotionally therefore it's not loyalty to stay on 100 grand a week at a club where you are loved. It's common sense. He wasn't going to have it better anywhere else. It's not loyal to look after yourself.

That might hurt your feelings to hear, but that isn't my problem.

The fans that claim that Carra is on over 100k a week also like to think that Aquilani was only on 70-80k per week.

It's just a matter of fans choosing the sources to back up their own views.

I don't think Carragher should be anywhere near our first team, but it's disrespectful to belittle him considering the performances he has put in for the club in the past.

I would agree with that. Which is why I didn't belittle him.

I also disagree Lloyd regarding LeTissier. I remember it from when I was a lad, there was a season in the nineties when he scored over 30 goals and lots of top clubs were clamoring for him and he stated he was staying. He could have doubled his wage. That shows a little bit of character to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Le Tissier was simply lazy, and stayed at Southampton cause he knew they would always pay him and play him no matter how overweight or out of shape he became. Big fish in small pond.

Could be but I think it was more the fact that he`s as thick as a plank,thought he needed a passport to leave Southampton and didn`t know how to apply for one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Could be but I think it was more the fact that he`s as thick as a plank,thought he needed a passport to leave Southampton and didn`t know how to apply for one ;)

Le Tissier was dog lazy and loved his hero status in Southampton(and still does).
    He earns a decent living now working for Sky and doing after dinner speaking and turning up at Pro Am golf events.

IMO Le Tissier was an awful example. (I know you didn't give him as the example)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I would agree with that. Which is why I didn't belittle him.

I also disagree Lloyd regarding LeTissier. I remember it from when I was a lad, there was a season in the nineties when he scored over 30 goals and lots of top clubs were clamoring for him and he stated he was staying. He could have doubled his wage. That shows a little bit of character to me.

I mean, rewatch the Sunderland game where he comes on and scores a couple of the best goals you'll ever see. He was on the bench because he had been acting the maggot and was unfit and it's referred to in the commentary a couple of times.

The man was a ****ing genius and maybe there was one summer where he was a hot commodity, but really most of the time he took the piss because he could.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

amiable wrote: »
    Le Tissier was dog lazy and loved his hero status in Southampton(and still does).
    He earns a decent living now working for Sky and doing after dinner speaking and turning up at Pro Am golf events.

IMO Le Tissier was an awful example. (I know you didn't give him as the example)

He never left Southampton cos it`s close to Jersey where he`s from I think. I could be wrong but don`t think I am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

So a debate over Le Tissier or Carragher in terms of who is more loyal? Just surprised that Gary Neville has not been dragged into it yet.

He never left Southampton cos it`s close to Jersey where he`s from I think. I could be wrong but don`t think I am.

Guernsey AFAIK :)

Kess73 wrote: »
    So a debate over Le Tissier or Carragher in terms of who is more loyal? Just surprised that Gary Neville has not been dragged into it yet.

And Tony Hibbert :eek:

Nobody was debating that. It's not loyal to stay in a cushy job where you are loved and being paid lots of money.

And it's not a debate. The answer is obvious. If Real or Chelsea or United or Barca had come in for him and offered him 200k a week and he turned them down, then we could discuss it.

Hibbert is another good example, why thank you mr amiable. :) He is never going to have it as good as he does at Everton. Therefore it's not "loyalty". It's be thankful for what you have.

Nobody was debating that. It's not loyal to stay in a cushy job where you are loved and being paid lots of money.

And it's not a debate. The answer is obvious. If Real or Chelsea or United or Barca had come in for him and offered him 200k a week and he turned them down, then we could discuss it.

Hibbert is another good example. He is never going to have it as good as he does at Everton. Therefore it's not "loyalty". It's be thankful for what you have.
    You seem to have a habit of that

And onto today's rumours instead.

There is talk that Liverpool have been in touch with Real Madrid with regards a loan deal for the coming season, but not for Sahin. Higuain is the player that Rodgers is rumoured to have contacted Jose over.

Probably a nothing rumour, but thought I would throw it our there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

There is talk that Liverpool have been in touch with Real Madrid with regards a loan deal for the coming season, but not for Sahin. Higuain is the player that Rodgers is rumoured to have contacted Jose over.

Now that would be exciting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Your nothing more than a tease .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Hopefully Kess would be unreal business. With Rodgers connections yad have to think we could snare at least one player off madrid

He is on high wages though. I'm not sure how real would feel about loaning out a player and paying a portion of his wages, especially to a premier league club.

Sounds kind of speculative to me. I think he would be great for the EPL though.

Don't Kess, just fcukin don't do that to me.

Off topic but whatever happened to tommyhaas who used to post in here does anyone know?

Leiva wrote: »
    Your nothing more than a tease .

Blame 90elf. Heard it on there this morning.

Don't Kess, just fcukin don't do that to me.

Off topic but whatever happened to tommyhaas who used to post in here does anyone know?

I think it is very very very unlikely tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

He is on high wages though. I'm not sure how real would feel about loaning out a player and paying a portion of his wages, especially to a premier league club.

Sounds kind of speculative to me. I think he would be great for the EPL though.

who_let_buzz_killington_in_tshirt-p235330529106011040b2z1i_400.jpg

Turtyturd wrote: »
    who_let_buzz_killington_in_tshirt-p235330529106011040b2z1i_400.jpg

Sorry. You are right. My bad. :)

You know what lads? I bet he does sign. And Sahin too. And Ramirez. I really, really feel it will be your year!

• Advertisement

Sorry. You are right. My bad. :)

You know what lads? I bet he does sign. And Sahin too. And Ramirez. I really, really feel it will be your year!

That's more like it

Someone's settling in nicely ...

afbnz4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Someone's settling in nicely ...

afbnz4

He looks a bit mentally unstable in that pic, I don't think he will cut it there.

Jeremy Toulalan linked with Newcastle now.
    We could do a lot worse

We could do a lot worse

Ade and I briefly discussed him a week or two ago as being the type that would bring a lot of quality into a team. We should have tried for him when he moved for small money not too long ago tbh, although he still would not cost a lot.

Ade and I briefly discussed him a week or two ago as being the type that would bring a lot of quality into a team. We should have tried for him when he moved for small money not too long ago tbh, although he still would not cost a lot.

He's 28 now I think and would be within budget I'd imagine.
    If Newcastle sign him does that mean a midfielder leaving there I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Higuain would be class....i didn't wanna mention it since i know it wont happen but why wont it happen :(

Any of these float your boat as possible loan signings Kess?

FRANCE: -

PSG :
    Blaise Matuidi
    Kevin Gameiro

Lyon :
    Yohan Gourcuff

ITALY:-

AC Milan :
    El Shaarawy

Juventus :
    Fabio Quagliarella
    Melo

Inter Milan :
    Coutinho

GERMANY:-

Bayern Munich :
    Nils Petersen
    Anatoliy Tymoshchuk
    Daniel Pranjic

SPAIN:-

Barcelona :
    David Villa
    Isaac Cuenca
    Afellay
    Jon Dos Santos
    Tello

Real Madrid :
    Kaka
    Nuri Sahin
    Callejon
    Estaban Granero
    Pedro Leon
    Alvaro Morata
    Diarra

He's 28 now I think and would be within budget I'd imagine.
    If Newcastle sign him does that mean a midfielder leaving there I wonder?

Either they are losing Tiote (or maybe Cabaye) or they are changing formation this season.

Tiote, Toulalan, and Cabaye would make for a damn good midfield trio with a great mix of qualities.

That trio can pass, invent, tackle, press etc between them. Plus any midfield trio with Toulalan and Tiote will be able to go toe to toe in physical battles.

Any of these float your boat as possible loan signings Kess?

FRANCE: -

PSG :
    Blaise Matuidi
    Kevin Gameiro

Lyon :
    Yohan Gourcuff

ITALY:-

AC Milan :
    El Shaarawy

Juventus :
    Fabio Quagliarella
    Melo

Inter Milan :
    Coutinho

GERMANY:-

Bayern Munich :
    Nils Petersen
    Anatoliy Tymoshchuk
    Daniel Pranjic

SPAIN:-

Barcelona :
    David Villa
    Isaac Cuenca
    Afellay
    Jon Dos Santos
    Tello

Real Madrid :
    Kaka
    Nuri Sahin
    Callejon
    Estaban Granero
    Pedro Leon
    Alvaro Morata
    Diarra

Blaise Matuidi
    Kevin Gameiro
    El Shaarawy
    David Villa
    Afellay
    Nuri Sahin

are who I would have an interest in from your list.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭jimmymal

is there any basis for the david villa leaving barcelona talk? He was injured last season but otherwise been brilliant for them and seems like the perfect fit.

• Advertisement

jimmymal wrote: »
    is there any basis for the david villa leaving barcelona talk? He was injured last season but otherwise been brilliant for them and seems like the perfect fit.

There has been talk in the Spanish media about him going out on loan. Don't see it happening myself, but who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

There has been talk in the Spanish media about him going out on loan. Don't see it happening myself, but who knows.

It just seems too nonsensical to happen. Why loan him out?

They'll either keep him or sell him.

Yes I'm happy it's about time that we got the best out of loan system and pick up quality players but I'm worried.

It seems to be a totally new communication coming from the club now that we are looking to loan and smells a bit of desperation .

The desperation could be from lack of transfer funds or that players simply don't wanna join us, and we now know we will be short going into the new season by filling crucial positions with loan deals.

Yes I'm happy it's about time that we got the best out of loan system and pick up quality players but I'm worried.

It seems to be a totally new communication coming from the club now that we are looking to loan and smells a bit of desperation .

The desperation could be from lack of transfer funds or that players simply don't wanna join us, and we know now we will be short going into the new season .

Or it could mean the money isn't there?
    Or it could be a thinly veiled message to clubs that we don't have the money you think we have and won't be held to ransom?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

villa wasn't that good for Barca imo. If they were to go for Neymar it wouldn't surprise me if he left.

He won't come here though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

The desperation could be from lack of transfer funds or that players simply don't wanna join us, and we know now we will be short going into the new season .

Tbh, I think it's fair enough that we're not run at a deficit. That seemed to always be the plan with FSG. They forked a bit over last season to get things moving but they're not going to bankroll us forever.
    If FFP won't have any teeth then I can't see them wanting to spend the money required to get us back into CL, knowing that we won't really ever be able to compete with City or Chelsea.

I'd imagine that we'll spend 10-20m net each of the next few years and that will be covered by our profits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Would love Liverpool to go for Adebayor, good strong player that can head a ball, think he would link up well with Suarez, great if we could get him on loan and see how he turns out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

We could do a lot worse

His agent came out yesterday and said that he would be leaving and would not be going to Barca. Now I hadn't seen him linked to Barca, not sure where or even why they said that but I'd love him to come to us. Experienced, and calm, strong, plenty about him. Would make a great partner for Lucas in the middle and able to play that role on his own if required.

I can't see it happening though if we are also going to be going to be signing Allen. Not unless we see some outs as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

From what I know the media are claiming he wants to play in the centre of the front trio but Messi had such a great season there that they are thinking of making that his position even though he could play anywhere .
    They played Villa on the left hand side but Sanchez is better in that position then Villa so it could be true . Plus Barcelona are trying to bring down the Level of Debt at the club too .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,508 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Salamon Rondon
    Never heard of him

Been linked with move away from Malaga

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement