Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Salamon Rondon
    Never heard of him

Been linked with move away from Malaga

I think he has agreed to move to Rubin Kazan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Tevez on loan :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

amiable wrote: »
    I think he has agreed to move to Rubin Kazan

I'm sorta puzzled as to why black players are attracted to Russian clubs. How much do you need to get paid to stomach lots of racial abuse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Steven81 wrote: »
    Would love Liverpool to go for Adebayor, good strong player that can head a ball, think he would link up well with Suarez, great if we could get him on loan and see how he turns out.

Adebayor would come to us if we pay him enough. He'll go to anyone that will pay him enough. He would score 22-25ish goals in our side in the league. He can head and he can shoot, and shoot accurately too. This is what you get when you pay him his enormous salary, and while its a gamble i'm sure he'd more than pay for himself with the revenue the Champions League would bring in if he had a big hand in getting us there. This is the sort of thing it takes if you want to get back in the big time, whether people view City and Chelsea's money as "unfair" or not.

Our current squad won't get fourth, no chance. Even if we sign Dempsey/Allen/both of them we won't get fourth, simply because we are not going to score enough goals, and this is assuming we keep Agger and the back and he stays relatively fit. I'd be delighted to see Borini get 12 or so, but i'd be very surprised if he does. Suarez will score a good few but not enough. Carroll..fck knows at this stage what will happen.

We have the spine of a quality side, Reina (in my opinion), Johnson (?),Skrtel, Agger, Lucas, Gerrard (if fit), Suarez...it only takes one serious goalscorer and maybe two others to mount a real challenge for fourth. This spine is unfortunately mixed with some very mediocre players, and some downright poor ones.

Either we pay up or look forward to Europe League 2013/14.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

What about Black Players at Chelsea?:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Aquila wrote: »
    What about black players in Spain and Portugal?

Fair point, although it does seem worse in Russia.

I dunno would you see this in a game in Spain or Portugal.
    _48921683_banner.jpg
    Adebayor would come to us if we pay him enough. He'll go to anyone that will pay him enough. He would score 22-25ish goals in our side in the league. He can head and he can shoot, and shoot accurately too. This is what you get when you pay him his enormous salary, and while its a gamble i'm sure he'd more than pay for himself with the revenue the Champions League would bring in if he had a big hand in getting us there. This is the sort of thing it takes if you want to get back in the big time, whether people view City and Chelsea's money as "unfair" or not.

I think anyone who's enough of a sociopath to refer to themselves in the 3rd person should not be welcomed to anfied. Good player. Not a great person from what I can tell.

Gbear wrote: »
    Fair point, although it does seem worse in Russia.

I dunno would you see this in a game in Spain or Portugal.
    _48921683_banner.jpg

I think anyone who's enough of a sociopath to refer to themselves in the 3rd person should not be welcomed to anfied. Good player. Not a great person from what I can tell.

I'd get over it. I'd rather the Champions League football myself.

• Advertisement

Or Liverpool;)

Personally I'd consider calling someone a black **** extremely racist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,230 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Personally I'd consider calling someone a black **** extremely racist

Come on now, it was exaggerated sarcasm. We've all been there.

Or Liverpool;)

Cultural differences.....but this has been done to death.;)

Rumours of rumblings in the Agger situation.
    Personally I think he will be sold.

no-darth_vader.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

No way brendan will sell Dagger
    Where would we find a replacement for him

gaelicred wrote: »
    No way brendan will sell Dagger
    Where would we find a replacement for him

I hate to say it but it sounds like you are basing that opinion on emotion.
    Let me be clear, I don't want him sold before someone weighs in claiming I want rid of Agger.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

He wont sell him for the simple reason that he is probably creaming himself at the thought of having agger as his ball playing center half instead of ashley williams

Melion wrote: »
    He wont sell him for the simple reason that he is probably creaming himself at the thought of having agger as his ball playing center half instead of ashley williams

We'll see. Time will tell. I think they are considering it as an option. Just my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

If he does get sold how much do you think he will be sold for bearing in mind our latest transfer dealings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Again, why do people constantly post up random bits of transfer news without at least giving the source they heard it from. It only leads to alot of "where did you hear this from" and thus clogs up the forum!

So where did you hear this from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I hate to say it but it sounds like you are basing that opinion on emotion.
    Let me be clear, I don't want him sold before someone weighs in claiming I want rid of Agger.

You want to sell Agger? :eek::eek::eek:

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭alan kelly

If Agger wanted to leave I couldn't blame him...Though I would be devastated..

The other question is could Coates step up ??

Worst case scenario would we take villa plus 10million for the lad...

We badly need 2 more goalscorers otherwise it's gonna be the same as last year.. And that doesn't include the possibility of Dempsy and Allen...

alan kelly wrote: »

We badly need 2 more goalscorers otherwise it's gonna be the same as last year.. And that doesn't include the possibility of Dempsy and Allen...

Coates in terms of ability is nowhere near Agger's level, plus he is a right sided centre back who plays best on that side (same as Skrtel and Carragher), and is not as good as a left sided CB..

Agger is not irreplaceable, but he is easily the best of our current centre backs and by some distance.

If anyone wants him, especially on the back of a good season and a good Euro campaign with Denmark, they better be prepared to spend big or better yet they can eff off and go look at other left sided left footed CBs like Chiellini instead of our Agger. :D

Don't think Agger will be going anywhere though even if there is interest in him.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Coates in terms of ability is nowhere near Agger's level, plus he is a right sided centre back who plays best on that side (same as Skrtel and Carragher), and is not as good as a left sided CB..

Agger is not irreplaceable, but he is easily the best of our current centre backs and by some distance.

If anyone wants him, especially on the back of a good season and a good Euro campaign with Denmark, they better be prepared to spend big or better yet they can eff off and go look at other left sided left footed CBs like Chiellini instead of our Agger. :D

Don't think Agger will be going anywhere though even if there is interest in him.

Isn't Coates a lefty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

alan kelly wrote: »

Lets be honest here for a minute.

I love Daniel Agger, I'd hate to see him go, but, the club have stuck by him season after season as he warmed the treatment table. So i think he owes us one, not the other way round.

joe123 wrote: »
    Again, why do people constantly post up random bits of transfer news without at least giving the source they heard it from. It only leads to alot of "where did you hear this from" and in thus clogs up the forum!

Not sure where Amiable saw or heard what he did, but the Agger thing has been in a few papers this summer, has been discussed on a few radio shows, and I think it was also mentioned by a pundit or two during the Euros so it is not exactly something new.

Personally I think it is nowt more than a few journos trying to create column inches for themselves, but at the same time it is hardly an out of the blue topic for LFC supporters this summer.

Isn't Coates a lefty?

He usually leads with his right when tackling, and tends to take shots with his right.

Trying to remember that goal against QPR, but I think that was with his right as well.

joe123 wrote: »
    Again, why do people constantly post up random bits of transfer news without at least giving the source they heard it from. It only leads to alot of "where did you hear this from" and in thus clogs up the forum!

Tony Barrett amongst a couple of others.

That interview his agent gave on thursday doesn't sit right with me either.
    Forget what Rodgers said after the game. He's hardly going to admit Agger is being sold if they are considering it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Lets be honest here for a minute.

I love Daniel Agger, I'd hate to see him go, but, the club have stuck by him season after season as he warmed the treatment table. So i think he owes us one, not the other way round.

RVP.jpg

having said that I don't think Agger will leave Liverpool this summer. However again akin to RVP in the Arsenal threads I do remember times posters have said that if someone made a big money move for Agger he should be sold cos of his injury record. I really hope he gets a full season un injured this year as he is a quality player imo although then I wouldnt be surprised to see teams like City really put in bids that would be hard to turn down especially if Liverpool havent gotten CL football during that season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

If he does leave who could replace him? Mbiwa from Montpellier, but I think AC Milan are going for him. Personally I like Adil Rami from Valencia and he wouldn't cost too much.

Our current squad won't get fourth, no chance. Even if we sign Dempsey/Allen/both of them we won't get fourth, simply because we are not going to score enough goals, and this is assuming we keep Agger and the back and he stays relatively fit. I'd be delighted to see Borini get 12 or so, but i'd be very surprised if he does. Suarez will score a good few but not enough. Carroll..fck knows at this stage what will happen.

We have the spine of a quality side, Reina (in my opinion), Johnson (?),Skrtel, Agger, Lucas, Gerrard (if fit), Suarez...it only takes one serious goalscorer and maybe two others to mount a real challenge for fourth. This spine is unfortunately mixed with some very mediocre players, and some downright poor ones.

Either we pay up or look forward to Europe League 2013/14.

I wouldn't go for Adebayor unless we were badly stuck! He only plays well when he's looking for a big contract. Once he signs it his form dips dramatically.

hefferboi wrote: »
    If he does leave who could replace him? Mbiwa from Montpellier, but I think AC Milan are going for him. Personally I like Adil Rami from Valencia and he wouldn't cost too much.

Yanga-Mbiwa would be my first choice to replace him. Ogbonna at Torino would be my gamble choice, and Chiellini would be my unrealistic choice.

Rami would not be cheap. He was very highly rated when Valencia managed to get him for €8m, and he has done his profile no harm with a good first season for them. Given he still has years left on his contract I could not see him being got on the cheap. He would be in the €12m - €18m bracket at this stage. He is also closer in style to Carragher and Skrtel than he is to Agger. For me he would make a far better partner for Agger than he would a replacement.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Yanga-Mbiwa would be my first choice to replace him. Ogbonna at Torino would be my gamble choice, and Chiellini would be my unrealistic choice.

Rami would not be cheap. He was very highly rated when Valencia managed to get him for €8m, and he has done his profile no harm with a good first season for them. Given he still has years left on his contract I could not see him being got on the cheap. He would be in the €12m - €18m bracket at this stage. He is also closer in style to Carragher and Skrtel than he is to Agger. For me he would make a far better partner for Agger than he would a replacement.

I think he's a better ball player than Skrtel though and I agree he'd be a better partner for Agger but if we were to lose Agger there's not many cbs' out there as good as him at playing football. Any players in South America ready to step up? I know we have Coates but he's not really a ball player either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

I realise Agger hasn't gone anywhere (yet), but Christ it's a depressing thought.

gaelicred wrote: »
    If he does get sold how much do you think he will be sold for bearing in mind our latest transfer dealings

We will probably pay him to go.

He's worth 20 million pounds. We'll probably loan him to Barca, pay his wages and let him go for nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Joe Allen on TV talking about the GB footie said "when I go back to club football", not Swansea. Its On! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

So what players do you think we will be trying to loan in this season? I hope to fook we sign someone soon, it's getting fairly depressing reading twitter looking for updates!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Anyone watching GB ?

Feck that Bellamy needs to stay .

That is all .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

So what players do you think we will be trying to loan in this season? I hope to fook we sign someone soon, it's getting fairly depressing reading twitter looking for updates!

I expect us to prolong the agony over signings, maybe even more than usual, due to the fact we have seemed to be an easy touch in the past. That means letting the windows end get closer before seeing who blinks first.

Im not overly delighted with either muted signings in Dempsey and Allen but depends a lot on price. I really cant recall Dempsey doing very much outside of Craven Cottage to be honest and Allen is again one for the future.....nothing in them two that would come close to me thinking 4th next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Leiva wrote: »

Bellamy needs to stay .

This.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Before i click on that mystery link...it better not be KateCohen (unless she's hot. And naked. Disclaimer:and legal)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

Before i click on that mystery link...it better not be KateCohen (unless she's hot. And naked. Disclaimer:and legal)

afaik she's 16......

GB out. Hopefully now we can wrap the Allen deal up.

Dire need of a bit of good news around here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

GB out. Hopefully now we can wrap the Allen deal up.

Dire need of a bit of good news around here...
    Yep. I like Allen, and think he'll definitely add to the first team.

How close to the truth would ye think the rumoured 40K a week wages for him would be? After quite a few of our recent deals have seen us bending over, paying over the odds is the last thing I want us to do. But if he was going to be on that kind of money, I'd have no problem with the club stumping up another few million to seal the deal.

Ape X wrote: »
    Yep. I like Allen, and think he'll definitely add to the first team.

How close to the truth would ye think the rumoured 40K a week wages for him would be? After quite a few of our recent deals have seen us bending over, paying over the odds is the last thing I want us to do. But if he was going to be on that kind of money, I'd have no problem with the club stumping up another few million to seal the deal.

I'd imagine he's on next to f*ck-all at Swansea so it shouldn't be too hard to give him a significant pay rise without going over 50k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Richard Buxton ‏@Richard_Buxton_
    Great Britain's elimination from #London2012 means #LFC can now conclude their one in/one out transfer business with two members of squad

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement