Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

joe123 wrote: »
    Richard Buxton ‏@Richard_Buxton_
    Great Britain's elimination from #London2012 means #LFC can now conclude their one in/one out transfer business with two members of squad

Hopefully it involves Joe cole being sold or 2 loan deals for Sterling and Suso.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

tok9 wrote: »
    Hopefully it involves Joe cole being sold or 2 loan deals for Sterling and Suso.

Im assuming he means Bellamy out and Allen in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

I would doubt it since they weren't part of the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

was Joe Cole, Suso or Sterling on the squad? come on man, its Bellamy out (hope not) and Allen in (we'll see).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Allen in so, really don't Bellamy to leave, great player, he has one year left on his contract ya? Would like to see it out and leave on a free then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Bellamy will probably go back to Cardiff and Allen and Dempsey will come in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'd be very disappointed if "Bellers" moved on but if Allen and Dempsey came in plus a loan or two from Real I'd be happy enough.

(yes my sights are set at the appropriately low level)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Hopefully the squad will start shaping up over the next week. If we're still in the same position, or worse off, this time next week it could well be panic stations on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Oh :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

If there was any truth to the Butland rumours, we might see movement there too.

Edit: Actually, Buxton says the one in/one out deals concern two members of the squad... our squad or GB squad?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Ape X wrote: »
    If there was any truth to the Butland rumours, we might see movement there too.

Edit: Actually, Buxton says the one in/one out deals conxcern two members of the squad... our squad or GB squad?

No need for him, especially with the inflated price because he is English. Pepe has close to 10 years left.

Melion wrote: »
    No need for him, especially with the inflated price because he is English. Pepe has close to 10 years left.
    If those ten years are at the same level as the last 2 then yes, we do need to sign a keeper. Also I don't think Butland's fee would be quite as inflated as you make out.

If those ten years are at the same level as the last 2 then yes, we do need to sign a keeper. Also I don't think Butland's fee would be quite as inflated as you make out.

10m at the very low end of the scale IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

How that tweet is causing confusion is beyond me. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,508 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

article-2183753-146261EF000005DC-150_468x735.jpg

Gerrard needs to get it together, Season starting soon and he's looking
    awful

10m at the very low end of the scale IMO
    I disagree. If you're right though, I'd look elsewhere.

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers is ready to return to former club Swansea City to sign Wales defender Ashley Williams as Daniel Agger is being targeted by Manchester City.

Rodgers, who would also like to sign Swansea's GB Olympic star Joe Allen before the end of the transfer window, is bracing himself for Agger's departure.

The Denmark defender has reached the final two years of his contract and has given no encouragement to the club to extend his deal,
    Rodgers '' The deal is too good to turn down, I won't stand in Daniels way, and wish him all the best at Man City''

article-0-0D9900CA00000578-286_468x334.jpg Turning blue?: Daniel Agger is a Manchester City target

He did not play in the club's Europa League tie in Belarus on Thursday night. Manchester City have seen two offers for Agger rejected but a third bid of £20million is likely to tempt owner John W Henry to sell.

Barcelona have also put Agger on a shortlist of defenders wanted at the Nou Camp but their priority is Arsenal's Alex Song.

Rodgers promised not to upset Swansea when he left them for Anfield at the end of last season, but that has not stopped his interest in a £10m deal for Allen, which he hopes to complete once the Olympic Games are over.

The former Chelsea coach is also a big fan of 28-year-old Williams, who has won 33 Wales caps and been a commanding presence in Swansea's rise from the Championship to Premier League mid-table

Rogers ''I know Williams well of course, And he has many caps for wales, A true force in world football and i'm sure he can fill Daniels boots''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Thats a Daily Mail story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

A true force in world football'

Never heard of him.

Also he is 28 in a few weeks, not yet. Dopes.

• Advertisement

I disagree. If you're right though, I'd look elsewhere.

If he was spanish or something then youd be looking at 3/4 million. Not an English keeper though, who will be lucky to get 20 international caps in his entire career.
    How much did Chelsea pay for Courtois does anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers is ready to return to former club Swansea City to sign Wales defender Ashley Williams as Daniel Agger is being targeted by Manchester City.

Rodgers, who would also like to sign Swansea's GB Olympic star Joe Allen before the end of the transfer window, is bracing himself for Agger's departure.

The Denmark defender has reached the final two years of his contract and has given no encouragement to the club to extend his deal,
    Rodgers '' The deal is too good to turn down, I won't stand in Daniels way, and wish him all the best at Man City''

article-0-0D9900CA00000578-286_468x334.jpg Turning blue?: Daniel Agger is a Manchester City target

He did not play in the club's Europa League tie in Belarus on Thursday night. Manchester City have seen two offers for Agger rejected but a third bid of £20million is likely to tempt owner John W Henry to sell.

Barcelona have also put Agger on a shortlist of defenders wanted at the Nou Camp but their priority is Arsenal's Alex Song.

Rodgers promised not to upset Swansea when he left them for Anfield at the end of last season, but that has not stopped his interest in a £10m deal for Allen, which he hopes to complete once the Olympic Games are over.

The former Chelsea coach is also a big fan of 28-year-old Williams, who has won 33 Wales caps and been a commanding presence in Swansea's rise from the Championship to Premier League mid-table

Rogers ''I know Williams well of course, And he has many caps for wales, A true force in world football and i'm sure he can fill Daniels boots''

Typical Daily Mail garbage.

They say in the article above that Agger has given the club no encouragement with regards to wanting a new deal, yet the very same paper included this quote
    'It's no secret that I'm happy to be in Liverpool. Otherwise, I would not have been there for six years,' 'I have not (discussed a new contract) but if they come with an offer I will surely sit down and talk with them.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2161904/Daniel-Agger-wants-new-Liverpool-contract.html

in one of their own articles not too long back.

Never heard of him.

Also he is 28 in a few weeks, not yet. Dopes.

What?

If he was spanish or something then youd be looking at 3/4 million. Not an English keeper though, who will be lucky to get 20 international caps in his entire career.
    How much did Chelsea pay for Courtois does anyone know?

It is believed to be in the region of €2m to €3m if add ons are included.

I make up the quotes to mock the story,
    Its all Gibberish from Daily mail anyway,

• Advertisement

Kess73 wrote: »
    It is believed to be in the region of €2m to €3m if add ons are included.

And from what i have seen, far superior to Butland.

Yep, no quotes from Rodgers in the actual article, yet the version here on Boards has some made up quotes. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Watch now how in two days time those quotes turn up all over the ****ing place as proof that Agger's leaving.

Not cool man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

They seemed like perfectly plausible Mail quotes to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Of course thats why you made them up. Sterling work Sir

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,079 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Agh, please don't do that. I don't read those articles, I just skim through for quotes, and when I saw that it scared the shit out of me!

And from what i have seen, far superior to Butland.

Butland has yet to play a club game outside of League Two, so he is very very untested at a higher level. His three games in the Olympics are the highest level that he has played at.

Courtois by the time he reached 19 had already won goalkeeper of the year in Belgium, and was working his way towards winning the UEFA cup with Atletico Madrid and will be again starting this season as the number one kleeper at Atletico.

No comparison between Courtois and Butland in terms of which one is the more proven to date and as to which one looks the greater talent.

Butland looks like he may have potential whereas Courtois has been proving his potential by now entering his third season as a number one keeper at the age of 20.

What?

'Williams', who plays for Swansea. Never heard of him, he is 27 not 28. My comments were a reference to the article, not you.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Butland has yet to play a club game outside of League Two, so he is very very untested at a higher level. His three games in the Olympics are the highest level that he has played at.

Courtois by the time he reached 19 had already won goalkeeper of the year in Belgium, and was working his way towards winning the UEFA cup with Atletico Madrid and will be again starting this season as the number one kleeper at Atletico.

No comparison between Courtois and Butland in terms of which one is the more proven to date and as to which one looks the greater talent.

Butland looks like he may have potential whereas Courtois has been proving his potential by now entering his third season as a number one keeper at the age of 20.

That was my point. Courtois was bought for 2/3m, Butland would cost at least 10m

Well it's all moot seeing as Reina will be around for ten years anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

IMHO, Allen is the only outfield player remaining from Swansea's squad of last season good enough to be a Liverpool starter, and there are only 3 more after that good enough to be backup. But Williams, I wouldn't even put him as good enough to be backup for you guys. I like him, and he's my country's best CB, but he is no world-beater.

There are better, younger players out there who can be got for cheaper prices if Agger is moved on, which would be a stupid transfer imo.

Well it's all moot seeing as Reina will be around for ten years anyway...

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/team/first-team/player/alexander-doni

Good to see he is still listed. Presume that wiki rumour was just some horrible person.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

The daily fail strikes again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

joe123 wrote: »
    Richard Buxton ‏@Richard_Buxton_
    Great Britain's elimination from #London2012 means #LFC can now conclude their one in/one out transfer business with two members of squad

Bellamy out for Dempsey, Allen in for Aquilani?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Bellamy out for Dempsey, Allen in for Aquilani?[/QUOT

I hope we keep Bellers for another season at least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,997 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

John Henry at the Red Sox game tonight.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

eagle eye wrote: »
    John Henry at the Red Sox game tonight.

Bastard! How dare he attend his team's game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,079 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Always got the impression he went to lots of their games...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

ASOT wrote: »

Not only is he an idiot, why would anyone agree to tattoo that sh1t on someone?
    Ridiculous.

Edit: Just thinking, this is actually quite funny and I would imagine kharma will bite him in the hole. Imagine taking your top off on holidays and people ask the significance of his tattoo? Que a long horrible holiday of more than likely getting his head bashed up and down the strip in magaluf!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

killwill wrote: »
    Not only is he an idiot, why would anyone agree to tattoo that sh1t on someone?
    Ridiculous.

Edit: Just thinking, this is actually quite funny and I would imagine kharma will bite him in the hole. Imagine taking your top off on holidays and people ask the significance of his tattoo? Que a long horrible holiday of more than likely getting his head bashed up and down the strip in magaluf!!!

That bloke is obviously lacking something.
    It was a pathetic thing to do and the threats are wrong too though IMHO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

amiable wrote: »
    That bloke is obviously lacking something.
    It was a pathetic thing to do and the threats are wrong too though IMHO.

Of course two wrongs don't make a right.
    Apart from class, he must have a few screw loose.
    He will soon realise how stupid it was though when he realises how people will distance themselves from him.

killwill wrote: »
    Of course two wrongs don't make a right.
    Apart from class, he must have a few screw loose.
    He will soon realise how stupid it was though when he realises how people will distance themselves from him.

He is not the first to sport that sort of tatt, and no doubt will not be the last, so he will always have likeminded simpletons to bottom feed with. A prime example of the type would be the poster who tried to work the "was not enough" bit into a thread title in this forum last season.

His type always see those that disagree with them as being wrong rather than looking at their own actions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Not exactly sure how that would seem a good idea to someone, but threats against his life are hardly any better, hopefully he gets the stupid thing removed and keeps his head down for a long long time. For his sake.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement