Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

MD1990 wrote: »
    :eek: what have u been up to

Apart from my penchant for posting horrific jokes, nothing much :o

I've always been far too easily amused :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Tony Barret saying Liverpool have told City to up the bid to £22m to secure Agger. Excuse me while I get sick in my mouth.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

**** that ****.

Anyone want to buy a new home shirt? I wont be needing it :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

If we sell Agger ..Ahh you know what ****ing forget it :mad:

Ben Smith aswell.
    @BenSmithBBC: @Cian1009 City have told LFC they are prepared to bid £18m for Agger. But LFC want a fee in excess of £20m.

Opposition fans must be getting a great giggle out if us recently . Cause if the shoe was on the other foot I would with our transfer dealings in and out over the past two seasons .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Lads, there is no actual evidence that Agger is going. It's not like he has come out like a certain RVP and said he won't sign a contract. We need to stop letting the media nonsense get to us. Agger is red through and through and will be with us this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Tony Barrett is about as reliable as it gets for Liverpool stuff :(

This is pathetic from the club. For the first time in my life, I'll be genuinely disappointed with the club from top to bottom if all of this is true.

For fuck sake, he's our 2nd or 3rd best player and he doesn't even want to leave. Might as well hand us a preseason contract where we agree to fuck off into mid table mediocrity without a whimper.

/rant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Big setback if we let Agger go. Urgh:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Lads, there is no actual evidence that Agger is going. It's not like he has come out like a certain RVP and said he won't sign a contract. We need to stop letting the media nonsense get to us. Agger is red through and through and will be with us this season.

I would of said that too. But Tony Barrett and Ben Smith are usually the two most reliable when it comes to these rumours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

The sky has fallen...

If I have to watch Agger start for another PL team I think I will die a little inside.

If true the fact that we have put a value on him to another PL team will probably be enough for Agger to move on m, as he is a strong willed fella.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

If we're gonna sell agger fleece city for every possible cent, they've a massive transfer budget. Ive been looking forward to seeing rodgers and how hell do with us but if he sells agger ill be seriously pissed. One of our best players and a fan favourite, christ!!

As extreme as Llyod was with his views earlier in the summer (I thought he was way overboard), a lot of people gonna owe him an apology sooner rather than later unless we pull something pretty extraordinary out of the hat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

The American owners must not be willing to release funds
    but selling Agger is madness we won't get anyone near his level in as a replacement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

I will cry when I see Agger lining out for another team.

Maybe Rodgers thinks we won't need to be too strong defensively when we will have so much possession in games.

It will be most interesting to see how the many is spent if he goes.

Skrtel is very average without Agger as well.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

if agger goes and we only sign average players like allen and dempsey and a few loans then fsg will have lost the fans - they know from h&g it's not a good idea to lose the fans, therefore if this does happen then i'd hope we have big signings lined up

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Most depressing summer ever in store except for 2 years ago, although I'll reserve final judgement for another 25 days. Agger going to City would be horrendously depressing. Looks like the club have put a price tag on everything this summer, I wouldn't be surprised to see Suarez go at this rate.

FFS, he isn't even gone yet! I am sure there is lots going on behind the scenes. At very worst, I bet this is all just part of Agger trying to negotiate a better contract. Remember Rooney, United fans were spitting for his blood before they embarrassingly had to retract their statements.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

rumour has it that there will be an announcement on the stadium tonight or tomorrow

if true maybe it is to bury the agger out news

now i have 2 serious doubts

1. the lack of cash for transfers

2. the people in charge are prone to propoganda, spin and deceit

i hope these doubts prove unfounded

djPSB wrote: »
    Maybe Rodgers thinks we won't need to be too strong defensively when we will have so much possession in games.

I'm hoping that's a joke?

Or do you think Rodgers is an idiot?!
    djPSB wrote:
    Skrtel is very average without Agger as well.

He makes our whole defence purr.

He is a fantastic player (Man City being in for him should make that obvious).

• Advertisement

FFS, he isn't even gone yet! I am sure there is lots going on behind the scenes. At very worst, I bet this is all just part of Agger trying to negotiate a better contract. Remember Rooney, United fans were spitting for his blood before they embarrassingly had to retract their statements.

If he wants a better contract he should go to the owners and ask them.

They should then say 'No Problem Daniel.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

also where is the signing that will excite the fans?? even those rumoured to be close (allen & dempsey) would not excite the fans

Steady on.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭skydish79

When Rodgers was appointed fans were impressed by the way he spoke, the style of play swansea last year

We havent seen a ball kicked in the premiership yet so we dont know how the players we will be left with implement what he has been doing on the training pitch

But I feel the sense of hope that we will do well next year is fading quickly and its down to the transfers

Carroll - fair enough if Rodgers doesnt want him - but surely in public he should have just said he was part of his plans, excellent player etc ( even if he didnt believe it ) - we are now left in situation where the player knows he isnt wanted ( given that he didnt really put a huge amount if effort into a lot of matches last year then it doesnt bode well for this ) and also clubs know we want rid of him and will get him for knock down price

Agger - quality player selling him to City - we are selling one of the few international quality players we have left - its sending out a bad message to anyone thinking of coming here and also the rest of the players we have left

Bellamy looks gone and from the olympics looks in fine form

And if it is paper talk about Agger in particular let the club come out play him on thursday, let Rodgers come out after the match and let the fans know that Agger is in his plans and isnt going anywhere,

Carroll going I can deal with he didnt contribute a whole lot last year til the end - but if your looking at getting rid of him I think we could have played our hand an awful lot cuter

It a really bad sign when a team puts one of it's top two players on the market for no other reason than to raise funds . top four my arse !

Our defense does not need reshaping - don't try and fix what's not broken .

I'm saying it now we are fúcked .

I am sure there will be posturing going on behind the scenes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

donfers wrote: »
    rumour has it that there will be an announcement on the stadium tonight or tomorrow

if true maybe it is to bury the agger out news

now i have 2 serious doubts

1. the lack of cash for transfers

2. the people in charge are prone to propoganda, spin and deceit

i hope these doubts prove unfounded

Actually the lfc twitter was posting photos today of the last time the stadium was re-done, think it was the kop end. Thought it was odd that they where just randomly posting those pictures, guess that would kinda of link up that story

Kuyt, Bellamy, Maxi, Carroll, Agger.

**** me :( This is shaping up to be a horrid horrid window. The lack of ambition is frightening.

Not at all the same scenario though. Rooney pushed that whole affair. This seems all Liverpool's doing, be either Rodgers or FSG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,512 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Mr Alan wrote: »

**** me :( This is shaping up to be a horrid horrid window. The lack of ambition is frightening.

Yeah, not looking great.

If there is a plus though, at least we haven't blown 100m+ on a bunch of average players like last time.

Theres always the hope that money will be available in he next window - always had a feeling we'd be in for a barren summer after Kenny's disasters.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

So we get a massive jersey sponsorship from standard Chartered (hope they paid the full amount in advance because it looks like they are f****d), release 3 jerseys in the same season and get a big sponsorship from a car company. And yet it looks like we will have to sell our best defender to buy a few players!

Something stinks!

Its quite depressing at the moment. We're making all the wrong sounds in the transfer market so far, my cautious optimism has receded back to the feeling of being underwhelmed I had when I first heard of Rodgers appointment.

I'm hoping the next 25 days helps me gain some of that optimism for FSG and Rodgers back. It starts by not selling Agger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Agger is quality but I don't think we're putting him up for sale as some have suggested. 22m is an awful lot of money and tbh i think it's about Aggers value. I also think Coates is ready to take over from him if he does go. He starts for one of the best teams in international football.

That all being said we haven't been very impressive in the transfer market so far and while i rate Allen and Dempsey they're not the kind of signings that will get us excited. Fingers crossed something happens with Ramirez, that would be the kind of player to bring a smile to the fans face.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

The only approach to this is logic....that if losing Agger means two good players replace him...which strengthens the team as a whole....

I'll give the benefit of the doubt....this is moneyballing i believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

If we sell Agger then we as a club are a shambles
    Started with the previous owners looks like sell to buy is back:mad:

El Spearo wrote: »
    The only approach to this is logic....that if losing Agger means two good players replace him...which strengthens the team as a whole....

I'll give the benefit of the doubt....this is freefalling i believe.

FYP

If Coates has to play 30+ league games next season half the fans will be baying for both his and Rodgers blood by the end the season. Not what we need.

If Agger is sold a replacement needs to be found. Pissing money away on defence when it was the one place we were sorted. I don't care how much money he gets us, its a joke.

noodler wrote: »
    Yeah, not looking great.

If there is a plus though, at least we haven't blown 100m+ on a bunch of average players like last time.

Theres always the hope that money will be available in he next window - always had a feeling we'd be in for a barren summer after Kenny's disasters.

I'd prefer to fail being while being ambitious than to just settle snugly into mediocrity without a whimper.

Knex. wrote: »
    If Coates has to play 30+ league games next season half the fans will be baying for both his and Rodgers blood by the end the season. Not what we need.

If Agger is sold a replacement needs to be found. Pissing money away on defence when it was the one place we were sorted. I don't care how much money he gets us, its a joke.

wait this is actually that mind set i was talking about...

this everyone is logic.

• Advertisement

gaelicred wrote: »
    If we sell Agger then we as a club are a shambles
    Started with the previous owners looks like sell to buy is back:mad:

I have no problem with sell to buy once the player coming in is better than the player going out .

But FFS we shouldn't be looking to sell Agger as there is no one better .

We should be looking for the next Agger not fúcking selling him .

El Spearo wrote: »
    wait this is actually that mind set i was talking about...

this everyone is logic.

I genuinely can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not...I'm usually quite good at spotting it :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

It will be a sad state of affairs if we do get rid of Agger. What will Suarez & Reina think of this. It does not bode too well for a team that is proposed to be building. You do not remove an solid block (yes I know he has injury problems, but when fit he is world class) of the team.
    I do hope that I'm wrong and FSG & Rogers prove us all wrong. It looks to me that Rogers has been told no money for players. Sell to buy who you need :(

I'd prefer to fail being while being ambitious than to just settle snugly into mediocrity without a whimper.

Fail in the Hicks and Gillet style near administration level?

Knex. wrote: »
    I genuinely can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not...I'm usually quite good at spotting it :o

No I'm being genuine.

Like even if two decent players are brought in from Agger's money, they wont cover the hole left by him defensively...and attacking players would be great, but then we have to spend on that gaping hole in the back....

You kinda made me realise that there are no positives from Agger moving on....I've been trying to prepare myself for the worst.

Fail in the Hicks and Gillet style near administration level?

No. And that failure was nothing to do with player contracts/wages so I've no idea what you're talking about to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

If Rodgers is being put in a position where he's being told he has to sell to buy then he could be up against a wall and thinks his best option is to cash in on Agger to get the attacking options he needs.

Now I know this in itself would seem crazy as pointed out Agger is the perfect CB for rodgers style but the way it is, our current squad are nowherre near top4 material right now and he could be making a gamble on cashing in on Agger hoping Coates can step up with Carragher doing the job for the season while strengthening elsewhere.

And just to be clear I'm just putting this out there as a possibility and I do would not agree with it, Agger is on par with Suarez as our most important player right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Richard Buxton saying Adam Johnson may be part of the Agger deal.
    He says City have offered to put Johnson in the deal.
    I'd say he's guessing and hoping for hits on his website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,512 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Ah, not saying whether it is wrong or right but I can at least understand the reluctance on the part of FSG on sanctioning another multimillion transfer spree after being burned so badly so recently.

I would have to disagree with the purchases of Carroll, Henderson and Downing for 75m as 'ambitious'.

22m for Agger gets me to 'tempted' but again it is tough to see who they could replace him with.

Still waiting for some sign from Agger himself, will be interesting to see if goes the same way as Alonso, Torres, Raul and Masch in actually demanding a move.

amiable wrote: »
    Richard Buxton saying Adam Johnson may be part of the Agger deal.
    He says City have offered to put Johnson in the deal.
    I'd say he's guessing and hoping for hits on his website.
    Swap deals never happen, bull$hit.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement