Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

cson wrote: »
    I think £22m is huge money for a player like Agger and you'd be mad not to take it. You'd get a capable replacement and a quality first teamer in another position for that.

I don't think I'd trust anyone currently at the club to find a ready-made replacement for Agger at this point, or sign said replacement even if they had found him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Kess73 wrote: »
    You mean the same papers and journos whose words are being taken by some as proof that Agger is being sold?

No, not the same journos Kess, cause believe it or not some journalists, particularly local ones, are worth listening to. While the trashy ****e kind that have linked us to Sahin should be totally ignored. With me?

Tony Barrett has consistently been the best for Liverpool related stories over the last number of years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭BINKY NIPPER

Take the money and run, £20m plus , happy days for LFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

maxi, kuyt, bellamy, Aquilani and aurelio started 46 league games between them last season. Not much more than a full season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Kuyt will shine in the champions league this season,
    Only 31, Bit of a scapegoat, He's same Kuyt he always was,
    he was never going to shine in a crap team last season,
    Took the blame, Yet was only one giving it all

I liked Kuyt but I think you are romanticising him.

He wasn't 1st choice last season for club of country so obviously his level had dropped.

Saying he wouldn't shine in a crap team is just rubbish really,

He might be in CL now but hardly with a team that will be a force in that competition.

• Advertisement

maxi, kuyt, bellamy, Aquilani and aurelio started 46 league games between them last season. Not much more than a full season

Is there anyone you think we shouldn't sell?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

One thing that's puzzling me is the way we seem to be showing our hand to the whole table. I mean we're actively letting the world know that we're happy to push Agger out the door for X amount of money. Surely you make out that he's far too important to consider selling to try and get the biggest bid possible.

I was listening to the Anfield warp earlier and they were saying Ayre had a similar position at a previous club Huddersfield years back which he made a complete balls of. I keep saying but I just can't understand how the club hasn't employed a proper chief executive to look after these deals. It feels like we should be playing a bit of cat and mouse but instead are being far too straightforward about the whole thing. Even reading a Man City forum they can't quite believe how amicable the whole thing seems.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

People need to stop comparing the Lescott situation, and even the Rooney situation to that of Agger. Agger is not the one forcing this transfer or playing us off in hope of a massive contract.

This situation is brought about by the club and as such the likes of City know we are willing to sell. If we are selling Agger we would do extremely well to get 22m for him in this current situation, and tbh, I do not think it will be good business for the club.

Keep our best players, show some fucking ambition and leave the only area of the team where we are relatively sorted alone.

Edit: Opr mentioned much of this just before me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

The 'to raise funds' stuff is nonsense as someone pointed out a few hours ago. Any money we bring in will be Rodgers' to spend this summer, yes. That doesn't mean he was planning on selling Agger from the beginning to get the desired kitty, or that we need to sell him to bring in the players we'd planned.

Rodgers will see that selling Agger will make him £20m+ closer to realising his goal of building the Liverpool team that he wants. It would be a bonus to the coffers, not a requirement for any further business. Considering Agger's injury record I don't blame Rodgers for considering it, though I hope he isn't sold. Especially to City.

Mr Alan wrote: »

Is there anyone you think we shouldn't sell?

Reina, Johnson, Kelly, Skrtel, Agger, Coates, Enrique, Lucas, Henderson, Shelvey, Gerrard, Suarez, Borini and most of our youth players

• Advertisement

Reina, Johnson, Kelly, Skrtel, Agger, Coates, Enrique, Lucas, Henderson, Shelvey, Gerrard, Suarez, Borini and most of our youth players

So if we sell Agger you'll agree it's a farcical move. Good.

opr wrote: »
    One thing that's puzzling me is the way we seem to be showing our hand to the whole table. I mean we're actively letting the world know that we're happy to push Agger out the door for X amount of money. Surely you make out that he's far too important to consider selling to try and get the biggest bid possible.

I was listening to the Anfield warp earlier and they were saying Ayre had a similar position at a previous club Huddersfield years back which he made a complete balls of. I keep saying but I just can't understand how the club hasn't employed a proper chief executive to look after these deals. It feels like we should be playing a bit of cat and mouse but instead are being far too straightforward about the whole thing. Even reading a Man City forum they can't quite believe how amicable the whole thing seems.

Opr

Yeah I don't understand how they havent found a proper CEO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

G.K. wrote: »
    If all this Agger business happens I'd be interested in how much Rodgers' hand was forced, if at all.

People shouldn't judge this window until this window is up though, imo.

Between Carroll and Agger, £20 Million seems a common theme, I'm getting worried this will be the only way money will be made available above the Borini money. I'd have expected £25-30 Million plus sales.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

So if we sell Agger you'll agree it's a farcical move. Good.

Don't put words in my mouth

Stop trying to justify everything the club could do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

daithijjj wrote: »
    For that year only?. The only year they got in CL?. What will it be in 2012?....it will be similar ratio to what it was in 09/10. It was 118 when ours was 185. Incidentally, would you go to an LFC game if it cost you almost 100 euro just for the ticket?, thats what Spurs were charging for games.

Everyone knows our wages were high relative to position when KK took over. What people just are not getting is that those wages were perfectly fine to pay in terms of running the business, people are arguing a value for money argument that is not the point.

My point is, that the wages are fine, for the right players.......we are not going for those players, we are going for Borini's and Allen's who are on low wages and will take us nowhere fast. Its not to say they are bad players but they will not get you 4th........they might get you a nice result in the league like Newcastle got last year through lack of any other comps to play in. Thats where it ends.

Spurs fans obviously do go to games, considering they sell out most of them despite the high cost. Our wages aren't perfectly fine though, 70% isn't a sustainable ratio when we need to build a stadium. Or maybe low wages will get you 4th like Spurs did?

Stop trying to justify everything the club could do.

I'm not justifying anything. I think we would be foolish to sell Agger unless 1) he wanted to leave 2) we couldn't meet his contract demands 3) we get 25 million plus for him.

thing is, we don't know the full story at the moment. I don't believe a word that either the club or player's camp come out with regarding transfers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Maxi was always leaving, it was said before the season even ended that he wanted to leave so no shock there.
    Kuyt was a bit of a surprise, now I loved the guy and was a brilliant professional but he was past his best and on big bucks, him moving on and clearing the wage bill will ultimately do more good then bad.
    Aqua-no loss, never worked out for him whatever was going on.
    Aurelio- Did he even play last season?

Bellamy will be the only real loss imo, its seemingly a done deal that he's off again! But at 33 and niggly knees we could be doing worse.

As things stand the transfer window has been fine, if agger goes it'll be a disaster. Itd be nice to see coates get a run if the team if agger goes but ive a gut feeling hell stick with carra! Are sama/wilson good enough to fill in if there's injuries? I dunno...

I still think agger will stay, it'd be maddness to sell such a great player whos happy and wants to stay here! Wasent skrtel linked with em a few weeks back?

Sappy404 wrote: »
    The 'to raise funds' stuff is nonsense as someone pointed out a few hours ago. Any money we bring in will be Rodgers' to spend this summer, yes. That doesn't mean he was planning on selling Agger from the beginning to get the desired kitty, or that we need to sell him to bring in the players we'd planned.

Rodgers will see that selling Agger will make him £20m+ closer to realising his goal of building the Liverpool team that he wants. It would be a bonus to the coffers, not a requirement for any further business. Considering Agger's injury record I don't blame Rodgers for considering it, though I hope he isn't sold. Especially to City.

Well the suggestion is that Rodgers may have been banking on the Carroll money. We again seemed to have shown our hand to the whole world on that one and it might mean we have to shelf the idea of selling him in this window so we don't get completely screwed on any deal for him which means funds need to be raised from elsewhere.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

No, not the same journos Kess, cause believe it or not some journalists, particularly local ones, are worth listening to. While the trashy ****e kind that have linked us to Sahin should be totally ignored. With me?

Tony Barrett has consistently been the best for Liverpool related stories over the last number of years.

Oh I don't disagree about some of the local journos Alan as you well know, but at the same time Barrett has gotten as much wrong as he has gotten right over the years. I seem to remember an article in the Times from the last week of June where he thought that Sigurdsson was Liverpool bound and that Sahin was Spurs bound.

Leandro Damiao to Spurs was another of his recent bits of breaking news.

Barrett is not a bad sort though, and I don't doubt that he has a few interesting sources, and that the very nature of transfers can mean that something that looked nailed on one minute can be cancelled the next.

I will give the local journos that I actually know and who have been right some of the time a bit more time than other journos, but I will always take anything they say with more than a copious pinch of salt.

I have spent far too many transfer windows getting wound up by journo shyte to get overly invested this summer in "OMG Player X is being sold" or "Supermegastar player Y is defo joining bla bla bla" type shyte.

This summer I am sitting back. I will watch and wait. Then come September 1st I will either be optimistic about our chances for the coming season, or I will be fretting about my club based on a poor transfer window and/or worrying signs or noises coming from the club. But unless there are some major brainfart actions by the club before the window ends, I am content (ish) to let things play out over the next 24 or 25 days.

• Advertisement

I'm not justifying anything. I think we would be foolish to sell Agger unless 1) he wanted to leave 2) we couldn't meet his contract demands 3) we get 25 million plus for him.

thing is, we don't know the full story at the moment. I don't believe a word that either the club or player's camp come out with regarding transfers

So basically whatever happens, you'll use one of the above 3 scenarios to excuse it. Likely the second one. Despite us not having met with him regarding a new contract.

What happened to all the talk of "Once FSG hire their own man, then we'll see the financial backing".

All this talk of them not funding Rodgers because of getting stung by Dalglish/Comolli I just don't get. First of all, only about 20m max was of their own money, the rest was raised by selling players, as seems to be the case for Rodgers now.

Secondly, if they don't trust the manager then why fucking hire him in the first place. Sure they were meant to be getting a DOF to do the transfers, but when that collapsed and they handed full control to Rodgers it should of included a semi decent transfer budget.

I mean, I'm not saying hand him 50m, I never thought he'd get that much, but as of yet he has spent 10m while wiping at least 15m of our wages for the year. Plus, we are in Europe next season so that will be more revenue again, even if it is only Europe League.

Point is, there should be enough money available for Rodgers to sign the likes of Allen, Dempsey, and then whatever loans he was on about, without him ever having to sell an Agger or a Carroll.

Oh I don't disagree about some of the local journos Alan as you well know, but at the same time Barrett has gotten as much wrong as he has gotten right over the years. I seem to remember an article in the Times from the last week of June where he thought that Sigurdsson was Liverpool bound and that Sahin was Spurs bound.

Leandro Damiao to Spurs was another of his recent bits of breaking news.

Barrett is not a bad sort though, and I don't doubt that he has a few interesting sources, and that the very nature of transfers can mean that something that looked nailed on one minute can be cancelled the next.

I will give the local journos that I actually know and who have been right some of the time a bit more time than other journos, but I will always take anything they say with more than a copious pinch of salt.

I have spent far too many transfer windows getting wound up by journo shyte to get overly invested this summer in "OMG Player X is being sold" or "Supermegastar player Y is defo joining bla bla bla" type shyte.

This summer I am sitting back. I will watch and wait. Then come September 1st I will either be optimistic about our chances for the coming season, or I will be fretting about my club based on a poor transfer window and/or worrying signs or noises coming from the club. But unless there are some major brainfart actions by the club before the window ends, I am content (ish) to let things play out over the next 24 or 25 days.

Well by all accounts the club thought Siggurdson was on his way to us. Rodgers said as much himself.

And I'd like to see a link to that article where Barrett said Sahin will end up at Spurs.

Barrett is by a long way the most reliable journalist to do with Liverpool. If he, along with other local journos and The Guardian are saying that we'll sell Agger for £22m, it'd be foolish to ignore them.

Also, imagine a conversation where Agger was called into Rodgers' office to be told he was surplus to requirements and would be moved on.

He'd laugh in his face.

So basically whatever happens, you'll use one of the above 3 scenarios to excuse it. Likely the second one. Despite us not having met with him regarding a new contract.

I think it could well be that both Agger and the club want this. We just don't know.

it will be a fairly disastrous transfer unless we can bring in someone quality as replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

cson wrote: »
    I think £22m is huge money for a player like Agger and you'd be mad not to take it. You'd get a capable replacement and a quality first teamer in another position for that.

We're not capable. At least we haven't been thus far. And we only seem to be linked with either premiership players and/or players they BRod has worked with.

The prospect of us unearthing the next Agger seems unlikely at the moment, fingers crossed though.

We're not capable. At least we haven't been thus far. And we only seem to be linked with either premiership players and/or players they BRod has worked with.

The prospect of us unearth the next Agger seems unlikely at the moment, fingers crossed though.

Send Kess over to France to beg Mbiwa to join us over Milan.

Thing is, even if he could persuade him my gut feeling is he would then have to persuade Liverpool to actually sign him. We seem intent on overpaying for British "talent".

Well by all accounts the club thought Siggurdson was on his way to us. Rodgers said as much himself.

And I'd like to see a link to that article where Barrett said Sahin will end up at Spurs.

Barrett is by a long way the most reliable journalist to do with Liverpool. If he, along with other local journos and The Guardian are saying that we'll sell Agger for £22m, it'd be foolish to ignore them.

And it would be just as foolish imho to take anything they say as anything resembling fact. At the end of the day they are in the business of making money from stories, and the stories don't have to be 100% factual to make money, just tasty enough to bring in punters.

I just won't be knee jerking this summer to snippets from Barrett or anyone else with regards to who they say is being sold, and certainly not to any big names that one journo or another may link with the club.

If something good happens transfer wise I will be delighted, and if something ****ty happens with regards to genuine quality being sold with no similar quality coming in, then I will be hacked off. But as already said, I won't be getting overly worked up over journo gossip this summer until their claims actually come true for better or worse.

Have to agree with Al on Barrett. He probably has gotten loads of stuff wrong but as you say Kess that's just the nature of breaking transfer news. You can usually tell even if he doesn't pan out after if the link was a good one and most of the time with Barret it's sound.

Opr

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    Send Kess over to France to beg Mbiwa to join us over Milan.

Thing is, even if he could persuade him my gut feeling is he would then have to persuade Liverpool to actually sign him. We seem intent on overpaying for British "talent".

I think you might have hit on what is bothering quite a few people this summer. I think confidence in the club is at a bit of a low, and various doubts built up over time are creeping into how people view everything the club does.

Have to agree with Al on Barrett. He probably has gotten loads of stuff wrong but as you say Kess that's just the nature of breaking transfer news. You can usually tell even if he doesn't pan out after if the link was a good one and most of the time with Barret it's sound.

Opr

The thing is that I am not disagreeing about Barrett, but at the same time I am conscious of the fact that he needs to keep his own profile up and that he needs to help shift units.

I don't regard him as a hack journo, and as I already said he is not a bad sort of bloke. But his business revolves around getting people to react to what he says, and it is a business that thrives more on half truths than complete truths.

All I am saying is that I take anything said by a journo with a pinch of salt. Now that pinch of salt may be bigger for some journos than others, but some salt is needed with all.

I think you might have hit on what is bothering quite a few people this summer. I think confidence in the club is at a bit of a low, and various doubts built up over time are creeping into how people view everything the club does.

Yeah, and I'm starting to think it stems from the top and FSG are flailing aimlessly in an area they don't understand.

As you said, and believe me I keep telling myself this(and ignoring it for some reason), we can't really comment until the window closes. Only then can we evaluate the comings and goings and the shape the squad, and the club on a whole, is.

I know the above is sound logic, I'm just struggling to get on board with it at the moment. The noises from Anfield are sounding far too bleak for me at the moment, and as much as I want to feel optimistic about the next 3 weeks, realism is weighing heavy on me at this time.

If I currently feel this way about my supported club, how are prospective players, of the quality we need, gonna feel when they look at us from the outside in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Spurs fans obviously do go to games, considering they sell out most of them despite the high cost. Our wages aren't perfectly fine though, 70% isn't a sustainable ratio when we need to build a stadium. Or maybe low wages will get you 4th like Spurs did?

We wont need a new stadium if the future is mid table....and mid table does nothing for brand value. If after another couple of years we are in mid table wilderness there will be no brands willing to invest the current levels, ie the brand is only as good as whats on show on the pitch. And Spurs squeezed in off the back of our demise through not being able to buy players when we sold good ones. And thats where the high wages come in. Our creditors would not sanction transfers outside of sell to buy, however they did sanction an increase in wages........tell me your thoughts on why that is?.

You dont need to. We both know (well i do) that wages were not the issue, the business was more than capable of having that ratio. The debate on value for those wages is hypothetical and has no substance to the points being raised.

Rest assured, if FSG are being this tight now before a stadium is ever proposed, we're in a fucking miserly few years if they do decide on one.

I bet a lot of Arsenal fans wish they never moved into theirs and had just redeveloped Highbury instead. It took a serious hit on their ability to pay for the top players and pushed them down to a position where they are no longer regarded as title chasers and are instead battling for 4th spot.

We cannot afford to drop anymore than we already have. If we don't have the money to buy the likes of Allen and Dempsey without selling our 2nd or 3rd best player, then we will truly be resigned to a mid-table if we incur the financial constraints that come with building a new stadium.

City paid £22m for Lescott when he was 27. So Agger = ?
    Lescott fewer injury concerns?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Leiva wrote: »
    Opposition fans must be getting a great giggle out if us recently . Cause if the shoe was on the other foot I would with our transfer dealings in and out over the past two seasons .

It's not the dealings themselves, it's the ****ing rationalisation of every deal done that makes us worse.

- Benitez gone? Oh well, his time was up, fresh approach, etc;
    - Hodgson in? UEFA Cup final, fine English manager, will get Gerrard going, etc;
    - Insua out? Useless, never will amount to anything;
    - Konchesky in? Good English left back;
    - Downing / Henderson In? Great British talent, ra ra build a good English core, etc;
    - Meireles out? Oh well, he wasn't that good, never tackled, wanted to go, good riddance;
    - Rodgers in? FSG have their own man, up and coming, loads of talent, good football, etc;
    - Kuyt gone? He's past it;
    - Sigurdsson let slip by? Wasn't that good;
    - Bellamy going? Dodgy knees, high wages;
    - Agger going? Dodgy body, everybody has a price, etc;

We'll be doing this in three years time when we're the new Everton.

Opr

Even the most staunch FSG defenders who have argued for every move made since Commolli's sacking should be wondering about this - all this talk when Kenny was fired about the desired "structure" has proven to be nothing but talk. Right now who do you think is calling the shots? If it's Ayre, it means it is really FSG themselves right from the top. And that fills me with a nameless dread to be perfectly honest.

Knex. wrote: »
    Rest assured, if FSG are being this tight now before a stadium is ever proposed, we're in a fucking miserly few years if they do decide on one.

I bet a lot of Arsenal fans wish they never moved into theirs and had just redeveloped Highbury instead. It took a serious hit on their ability to pay for the top players and pushed them down to a position where they are no longer regarded as title chasers and are instead battling for 4th spot.

We cannot afford to drop anymore than we already have. If we don't have the money to buy the likes of Allen and Dempsey without selling our 2nd or 3rd best player, then we will truly be resigned to a mid-table if we incur the financial constraints that come with building a new stadium.

We'll be an entrenched mid table club pulling crowds of 35 - 40k into a 60k stadium requiring a major structural overhaul of the playing staff to ever challenge again while millions upon millions in debt. CAN'T WAIT.

Lescott forced that move. We seem to be forcing this one. We've showed our hand and will do well to get over 20m now, regardless of our evaluation of him. We seem utterly naive in the transfer market, despite the early promise with Borini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

In a situation where the club did not want to sell Agger, had made no entreaties to other clubs and had him locked up to a long term deal his value would be X

In this situation, the club appear to have indicated they are open to a sale, the player has a contract situation that forces action this summer essentially and that means his value is Y

Y is probably around the £20m mark at the very most unfortunately.

^^^

Basically my answer but with more algebra. :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I'd love to know why people are getting so worked up. When Dagger is in Manchester holding a City scarf, then I'll be annoyed. Until then it's just journalists making up stories because they don't know what is going on inside the club.
    The majority are about as reliable as Al and Lloyd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

mike65 wrote: »
    22 million would be a fair sum for a 27 years old who's great but injury strewn however it really does depend on the bigger picture - how the money going to be spent? Is this additional money or instead of summer net cash? Adam Johnson plus the 22 million wouldn't be the worst - a winger is needed. But in isolation this deal still looks tricky to say the least of it. Need some noise about a striker, a DM/CM (Joe Allen one presumes) and now a CB.

I love Dagger but I'd take £22m and Johnson.................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Adam Johnson my arse.

Also, City players are probably mostly on very good wages so taking players from them may not be a great idea. There is also the problem of motivating a player you just took from the league winners to a mid table team. Yea.

might be up for proving a point tbh.....

5 Players the Reds Could Sign Before the Transfer Window Closes :rolleyes:

Yann M'Vila and Hummels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

daithijjj wrote: »
    We wont need a new stadium if the future is mid table....and mid table does nothing for brand value. If after another couple of years we are in mid table wilderness there will be no brands willing to invest the current levels, ie the brand is only as good as whats on show on the pitch. And Spurs squeezed in off the back of our demise through not being able to buy players when we sold good ones. And thats where the high wages come in. Our creditors would not sanction transfers outside of sell to buy, however they did sanction an increase in wages........tell me your thoughts on why that is?.

You dont need to. We both know (well i do) that wages were not the issue, the business was more than capable of having that ratio. The debate on value for those wages is hypothetical and has no substance to the points being raised.

So our fan base is basically a load of glory hunters? That's depressing to know. Our creditors who put Broughton and Purslow in charge, a clearly knowledgeable bunch then. The business was not more than capable of having that ratio if they wanted to move forward and expand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,508 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Time to break out a oldie, To go with the highly depressing
    posts of late,
    LFC is a becoming joke, and i'm not laughing,
    I'm losing faith,We want to believe that the owners want to win
    '' winning is only way to generate profits''
    Or something along those lines,

I really can't see us winning much if we sell Agger and fail to replace him
    with someone with as much quality,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,508 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I truly believe that Liverpool will be the next club in premiership that will be taken over by a multi billion pound owner,
    It has history, A worldwide fan base,

It has something you can't buy else where,
    I have faith we will get our Multi billionaire owner,

And we shall rule the world again, That we will have a new stadium
    That we will be bidding for likes of Messi
    That we will win leagues titles,

I believe it,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,230 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I truly believe that Liverpool will be the next club in premiership that will be taken over by a multi billion pound owner,
    It has history, A worldwide fan base,

It has something you can't buy else where,
    I have faith we will get our Multi billionaire owner,

And we shall rule the world again, That we will have a new stadium
    That we will be bidding for likes of Messi
    That we will win leagues titles,

I believe it,

I was taking it seriously until I saw the ''bidding for the likes of Messi'' line.

Good stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

mada999 wrote: »
    I love Dagger but I'd take £22m and Johnson.................
    Not a hope of that happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭EchoO

CRAIG BELLAMY is poised to leave Liverpool for hometown club Cardiff City within the next 24 hours – as Swansea City prepared for talks over the future of Anfield target Joe Allen.
    Bellamy is expected to join the Welsh club on a free transfer after his participation with Team GB in the Olympics ended at the quarter-final stage over the weekend.
    Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers had been keen to hold on to the 33-year-old, who was an inspirational presence for the Anfield outfit last season having arrived from Manchester City.
    But Rodgers is reluctantly allowing Bellamy to leave on personal grounds, with the striker keen to move nearer to his family in South Wales.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport-news/2012/08/07/craig-bellamy-to-leave-liverpool-fc-as-joe-allen-is-in-swansea-city-talks-55578-31564298/

I'm surprised that Rodgers hasn't been able to hang onto him, boyhood red and all that. The squad is starting to look very thin in places.

The thing that would surprise me with Bellamy would be Cardiff actually being able to pay his wages.

Bellamy really puts an awful lot of his time and money into his Sierra Leone foundation and for that reason alone I can't see him taking a pay cut. He knows he only has a few years left with the chance of earning a high wage.

If he is moved on, it wouldn't surprise me at all if we find out that Liverpool are still paying a proportion of his wages. Aquilani part II, only this time I wouldn't be so much against it. Although I would rather we were paying his wages while he was playing for the club tbh.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement