Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clothes Horse, Kings Crisps and Post Office.

Options
  • 19-07-2012 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hello, quick few questions for ye :)

1: Where can I buy a clothes horse, Dunnes, Aldi? And how much would it cost?

2: Where can I buy a Kings Crisps? Having trouble sourcing them.

3: Can you send food like crisps and chocoalte in post to America

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

1. Tesco dunnes....etc would have them guineys would probably be cheapest!

2. Tescos or Supervalu have king crisps!

3. No clue i assume so, guy i know stateside always brings food over here from there and food from here to there.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

hoodwinked wrote: »
    1. Tesco dunnes....etc would have them guineys would probably be cheapest!

2. Tescos or Supervalu have king crisps!

3. No clue i assume so, guy i know stateside always brings food over here from there and food from here to there.

Argos have great clothes horses. I've two - a tower one and a normal one - and they are both still going strong after years of use. Very importantly, no rust to stain clothes either.

Dunno about the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

whatislife wrote: »
    Hello, quick few questions for ye :)

1: Where can I buy a clothes horse, Dunnes, Aldi? And how much would it cost?

2: Where can I buy a Kings Crisps? Having trouble sourcing them.

3: Can you send food like crisps and chocoalte in post to America

Dunnes Stores are doing an offer on the King Crisps at the moment..

I think it's €3.29 for a pack of 18. (12 + 6 Free)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

You can definitely send crisps and chocolate to America, I've done it loads. When you bring it to the post office they'll give you a little green form to fill out with what's in the package and the value.

Exception: You can't send Kinder Eggs, because they're banned in America.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Ronan cork

I have to ask! Why are kinder eggs banned in America?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Ronan cork wrote: »
    Terrorism.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Bobsammy

It's illegal to imbed anything in food in the US so the toy in the middle means it can't be sold or imported.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Wont the bags of crisps pop on the plane from the pressure change?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Ronan cork wrote: »

"There are two reasons why these delicious treats are illegal in the U.S. One reason is the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) claims that the toys are a choking hazard for small children. All of the toys are relatively small, and some contain even tinier pieces that need to be put together. Kinder Eggs have a warning on the package, in several languages, that they are only suitable for ages three and up, which should be enough to un-ban them.

Aside from children potentially choking on the toys, the real reason Kinder Eggs are banned is the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act of 1938. This Act prohibits the embedding of non-food items completely enclosed inside food items, unless the non-edible part has a functioning value. For example a lollipop or popsicle stick is not edible but is a useful handle. This Act was originally put into place to prevent the addition of hazardous items to processed food and has never been changed."

http://voices.yahoo.com/why-kinder-eggs-banned-us-can-545918.html

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Kali_Kalika

Exception: You can't send Kinder Eggs,
    because they're banned in America.

We don't get easter eggs in the US so its a complete novelty, I've been over here nearly 11 years now and I've always sent them home at easter time, Kinders are always involved in some way - and there's usually a few tucked into the christmas boxes as well. They've always arrived - never any problems. I did read that a few years ago that they are banned due to them containing the toy. I checked with US post office/customs and they had no issues one person said to ensure all the packaging was new/undamaged and no problems. So I always wrap them up well (cheap, novelty shirts are great for this and an extra gift!). So cant honestly say they are banned??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Clothes horse : Try Argos, although use the term 'airer' when you're searching their catalogue.

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=clothes+airer&authToken=

You can definitely send food to the US. The only problems might be with liquids. An Post won't accept liquids in the post anymore. it's not actually for anti-terrorism or security reasons. It's much more basic than that. Liquids can burst and wreck other post :D

Just declare any items on the outside of the package. They'll give you a customs declaration form to fill in. It's a tiny little green thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Wont the bags of crisps pop on the plane from the pressure change?

the bag should be able to resist/contain the increase in pressure. I know this from experience :D

Advertisement