Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Last DIY Attempt - Missing Piece From Bathroom Sink?

• 19-07-2012 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

My bathroom sink has a hot and a cold tap - but the hot tap seems to be missing a piece. The water doesn't come out in a nice stream.

zDCAc.jpg

I think the piece is called an 'aerator'. I watched some YouTube videos showing how to remove/replace an aerator - but they all involved unscrewing the old piece and screwing in the new one. My tap doesn't have threads on it though, so I don't think I can screw a new one in.

Here is what the other side looks like
    mJf9J.jpg

Can anyone tell me if this is an easy fix?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Why dare i ask did you take it out of the tap?

These are not the standard ones so yes they might be hard to get. You can try a bathroom showroom but tbh they wont really be bothered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

Why dare i ask did you take it out of the tap?

These are not the standard ones so yes they might be hard to get. You can try a bathroom showroom but tbh they wont really be bothered.

Sorry I was unclear...

I didn't take it out. I've moved into a new place and it's missing. In trying to fix it, I watched videos on YouTube that showed how to remove/install them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

You can try to pick up one but its going to be difficult. If you glue it in just glue the outsides. ie around the circle not inside

Advertisement