Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any metalheads been to Krakow Poland ?

Options
  • 19-07-2012 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Going to be in Krakow next week for 10 days and I was wondering what bar/clubs that a rock/metal fan should check out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I gigged there but never went to any metal bars. I can recommend the Absinthe houses if you want something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

I've been three times - really amazing city but I can't say I have any knowledge of the metal scene there, sorry OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Rev.Sulphur

Joe_Dull wrote: »
    I've been three times - really amazing city but I can't say I have any knowledge of the metal scene there, sorry OP!

Any interesting places I should check out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Check the first post of this thread. I linked two places that I went to when I was there. It was three years ago however so they may not still be open. There are also a few more places listed here but I can't vouch for any of them.
    Depends on what you're into to an extent. If you like soccer you could go and see Cracovia or Wisla Krakow playing. If you like history then there's plenty to check out e.g. Wawel Castle, the Old Town (Stare Miasto), the Jewish Quarter (Kazimierz) and of course Auschwitz is nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

What Malice said, pretty much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 guyserious

I was there in 2010 for three days while interrailing with a couple of mates (all three of us metalheads) . We went to the Jazz Rock Bar mentioned above every night, it was amazing. Great music all night, mostly sound people who get along with tourists and speak English, and the drink was dirt cheap! If it's still there I'd highly recommend it.

guyserious wrote: »
    I was there in 2010 for three days while interrailing with a couple of mates (all three of us metalheads) . We went to the Jazz Rock Bar mentioned above every night, it was amazing. Great music all night, mostly sound people who get along with tourists and speak English, and the drink was dirt cheap! If it's still there I'd highly recommend it.

I have added it to my list it has been mentioned to me a few times now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Malice wrote: »
    Check the first post of this thread. I linked two places that I went to when I was there. It was three years ago however so they may not still be open. There are also a few more places listed here but I can't vouch for any of them.

Depends on what you're into to an extent. If you like soccer you could go and see Cracovia or Wisla Krakow playing. If you like history then there's plenty to check out e.g. Wawel Castle, the Old Town (Stare Miasto), the Jewish Quarter (Kazimierz) and of course Auschwitz is nearby.

Forgot about your Pub/Club guide Malice. Any change you can sticky that so that is added to.

Forgot about your Pub/Club guide Malice. Any change you can sticky that so that is added to.
    It's always been stickied. Check the fourth thread here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

God, I'm good ....

• Advertisement

Rev.Sulphur: Make sure you try some Żywiec (pronounced shivvy-ets) Porter while you're over there. It's 9.5% so don't drink too much ;). We only get the piss-weak stuff over here.

Malice wrote: »
    Rev.Sulphur: Make sure you try some Żywiec (pronounced shivvy-ets) Porter while you're over there. It's 9.5% so don't drink too much ;). We only get the piss-weak stuff over here.

I will indeed :)

Advertisement